Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2015, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstableharpy (View Post)

I'm counting on Kenna not being able to leave, or coming back early. I doubt the logistics of the show would allow for Kenna to have her own fully separated storyline, they can't do any major time jumps because that would be a kiss of death for Francis, and they're unlikely to keep CS offscreen for more than 3 or 4 episodes.
Either Kenna is very far along, like 5 months pregnant, or she will come back earlier than expected. Not sure what would her motivations for return be, but she can't gone for long.
Maybe she realizes the child is Bash's? Maybe there's a conflict or plague outbreak that makes her return to France for safety?
She could only go home (is she still welcome there?), or back to France, or visit her new friend in Imerety. There are no other options for her. And since the actor that played the boy king of Imerety is actually 14 y/o, I doubt we will ever see him again.
I agree. At first I thought they could give her an offscreen storyline in Sweden. But now I'm not so sure they would do that. It's better to involve her on the events at court. I was thinking for a reason of her return as well and I must say I like your idea with the plaque outbreak the best. Everybody, even Bash would understand why she wanted to come back. Another reason would be the annulment.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Unrelated question, but I'm hoping you all can help: If Kenna's known for a "few weeks" that she's pregnant by the time she tries to seduce Bash, does that mean she (probably) knew during the siege? I'm not 100% clear on the timeline and want to confirm . . .

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.
icygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

I guess so, yes. But nobody can know how many weeks "a few weeks" are. When D told B that Kenna was pregnant "a few weeks" and she should know it sounded more like "months" than "weeks".

EDIT

I re watched it. D said "pregnant for weeks" not "a few weeks". That's why I thought it sounded like "months".
Old 05-19-2015, 03:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icygrace (View Post)
Unrelated question, but I'm hoping you all can help: If Kenna's known for a "few weeks" that she's pregnant by the time she tries to seduce Bash, does that mean she (probably) knew during the siege? I'm not 100% clear on the timeline and want to confirm . . .
I'm assuming so.
I think 2.22 was right after 2.21 remember F saying unless there was a miracle both he and Mary would be dead in the morning?
A few weeks to me means at least 3-4.

And even Lola and Mary weren't sure for 2m...so Kenna could be 3-4m along. Nothing was really known about a woman's cycle back then so Kenna might just think the baby is GRs because he was the last man she was with.
Sorry I didn't mean to go into how I think the baby is Bashs that's just where my mind went I guess.

Last edited by JessTeller; 05-19-2015 at 03:24 PM
JessTeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
She should. There's no major time jump as far as we know. Renaude gets executed right after Francis returns victorious, and Kenna goes to Bash the same day since there's nothing to suggest a day or week has passed in between.
That's also why I'm more and more sure it's Bash's. Maybe a month passed since Kenna and Renaude first spent the night together. She wouldn't know few weeks, and Delphine wouldn't say for weeks, if she were in her first month.
unstableharpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks! Just wanted to confirm the accuracy of something I was writing . . .

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Thanks! Just wanted to confirm the accuracy of something I was writing . . .
I can not wait.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

I can't say I'm surprised.
With a child on the way.
What are you talking about? There's no child.
I'm sorry.
I thought you knew.
I touched Kenna earlier and got a glimpse.
She's been pregnant for weeks.
I'm sure she knows.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
I can't say I'm surprised.
With a child on the way.
What are you talking about? There's no child.
I'm sorry.
I thought you knew.
I touched Kenna earlier and got a glimpse.
She's been pregnant for weeks.
I'm sure she knows.
See that sounds like D knows it's Bashs baby! But both Kenna and Bash both think it's GRs. And all the shippers wanna cry.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

He didn't consider that it could be also his. And she neither.

"Are you pregnant with Renaude's child?
How could you possibly have guessed? I haven't told a soul.
Delphine has the gift of sight."
Old 05-19-2015, 03:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wonder why Kenna wouldn't have told GR...?
Old 05-19-2015, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

If she has known for weeks... I wonder about the same.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
If she has known for weeks... I wonder about the same.
Maybe because he was about to die and she didn't want him to go to the block feeling guilty because he's already been so concerned about tainting her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
I can not wait.
Soon, young grasshopper, soon

Old 05-19-2015, 03:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

But wouldn't she of known before? Like when they were macking in the castle hallways?

Maybe it was never the right time..
Old 05-19-2015, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

He was about to die the same day she told Bash that she knew a few weeks that she was pregnant. She had enough time to tell him before he was exposed as a traitor.