Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2015, 07:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wonder if Bash would find out about Francis' condition early?
I worry that it might make him feel he needs to devote his time and attention to his duty/his brother even more this time. It makes a reconciliation with Kenna harder to imagine.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

I think Bash's storyline is connected with Delphine's. So I can't see him having much time with brother Francis. It's more about the Bash/Delphine bond. And I hope someone will notice his odd behavior. I doubt as well that we'll see a Kennash reconciliation as long as Delphine lives. That's why I hope that there is a way to get rid of D without harming Bash.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
Just wanted to say I'm sorry I'm just popping out now and then and I'm never on point and thorough with my posts and I'm not even reading the fan fiction but I'm mostly here from my phone and it's so terribly hard to have a decent internet experience from it.

Good title idea!
Keeping up via phone is definitely a struggle - I sympathize! But it's definitely better to pop in now and then than not at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentniki (View Post)
Wonder if Bash would find out about Francis' condition early?
I worry that it might make him feel he needs to devote his time and attention to his duty/his brother even more this time. It makes a reconciliation with Kenna harder to imagine.
Yeah, I could see that being a double-edged sword.

Part of me would want to explain away Bash's s2 behavior by saying that he's KNOWN for some time that Francis is ill and that this isn't JUST Francis and Nostradamus's little secret (especially since Nosty and Francis have clearly been in some sort of contact off-screen) and that's why he's been so out of it in his marriage. (And that could even explain that weird "brave Mary" moment that seemed so out of the blue - he knows what's coming for her? Perhaps unlike with his own situation, with Frary he has the perspective to see that despite Monde, Mary really does love Francis and so will understandably be devastated).

But my fangirl rationalizations of irrational behavior aside, I do think it's very likely Bash will find out about Francis's condition before other people (how soon remains to be seen, since Francis seems intent on protecting people from that knowledge), because there are so very few people Francis can rely on and Bash is one of them. After all, it was Bash he planned getting Mary out of France with when he was worried that people might find out he killed Henry.

If it weren't for the fact that I think an immediate/semi-immediate Kennash reconciliation is unlikely, one s3 potential SL for drama would be first Kenna getting jealous of (platonic) Mash because Bash knows about Francis's impending doom and she doesn't (and perhaps nor does Mary at that point) and then eventually Kenna would find out the truth and it might or might not bring back the same secret-keeping issues, but she might think this is different and understandable because it's SPECIFICALLY about Francis, Bash's little brother, as opposed to Francis, his king, and just feel bad that he's been struggling with it alone. Kenna sometimes (IMO unfairly) gets a bad rap for selfishness and I think her reaction in this hypothetical situation could counter that nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
I think Bash's storyline is connected with Delphine's. So I can't see him having much time with brother Francis. It's more about the Bash/Delphine bond. And I hope someone will notice his odd behavior. I doubt as well that we'll see a Kennash reconciliation as long as Delphine lives. That's why I hope that there is a way to get rid of D without harming Bash.
But then all of this is also true . . .

(Hmm, I wonder if Bash would try and get Delphine to heal Francis before trying to break the bond?)

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.
icygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by icygrace (View Post)
(Hmm, I wonder if Bash would try and get Delphine to heal Francis before trying to break the bond?)
I thought the same. There must be a greater reason why Bash (or the writers) brought her to court. She is a healer first and foremost and not a witch (if she is one). But even the writers can't change history. So Francis will die sooner or later.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Bash will find out fairly early into the season. He will notice something being off with Francis' behavior, and Francis will come clean. But I don't see it being a big part of hiss storyline, at least not in the first half of the season. At the beginning, the focus will be on Delphine, and later the focus will be split between Kenna and Delphine. Plus, Francis generally relies on Bash when someone needs to get stabbed, and this time, Bash killing someone won't solve a thing. Unless Francis wishes to off his own mother.

Personally, I wish (I know it's never gonna happen) for Francis trying to help Bash to sort his love life out while he's still there. He saw how happy he used to be with Kenna, and wants that back for Bash. If Kenna could heal Bash after what Marry has done, she could help him after Francis dies. Also, Francis forgave Mary so he could nudge Bash in the right direction.

I don't really see Bash letting Delphine anywhere near his brother. Not after what she did. Nostradamus is there, and that's how good it gets.
unstableharpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstableharpy (View Post)
Personally, I wish (I know it's never gonna happen) for Francis trying to help Bash to sort his love life out while he's still there. He saw how happy he used to be with Kenna, and wants that back for Bash.
And his own example with Mary shows that nothing is impossible when the love is strong enough.

Quote:
I don't really see Bash letting Delphine anywhere near his brother. Not after what she did. Nostradamus is there, and that's how good it gets.

I hope you are right. But I'm not sure. If D can convince Nosty that she is a good person maybe he will allow her to help him heal Francis.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
And his own example with Mary shows that nothing is impossible when the love is strong enough.
I also think Francis would want Bash to be able to look back at life with no regrets, as he hopes to do the next time he's staring death in the face and that may be a poibt he tries to drive home

You have no idea what it's like to be a girl in this world. Owning nothing, having no power except the effect that you have on men.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

This will be a bit longer post since I missed so much.

Quote:
The thematic point of Delphine (assuming the writers have those ) may be that, while things are often ascribed to magic that have nothing to do with magic, magic can be and sometimes is real. Particularly if you look at something like the Darkness (it was a real man, but after Bash killed him, the plague descended on France - which, of course, happened often historically, but the timing is enough to make you wonder).

I also wonder if LM is so blinded by her interest in the Delphine story line that she's totally dispensed with all regard for consistent characterization. I agree that it would be absurd for Bash to forgive Delphine for trying to do this for no fundamentally important reason when he turned Kenna away like he did for deceiving him. Particularly while (unless agentniki's idea is correct and Delphine hadn't performed spells before), the binding ritual puts him in danger by making him feel what she feels, she would know that, and Delphine supposedly has feelings for him. Contrast with how Kenna's actions in revealing the legitimization plot might have endangered him, but she owed him nothing then. Also contrast with Kenna trying to deceive him re: the baby: while trying to deceive him is messed up if understandable because of her desperation, it didn't ENDANGER him in any way.
It's clear that LM likes to play with the theme of superstitions and enjoys teasing us with the supernatural world. But I feel like she did one fake supernatural case too many, and it's now to late in the game to change it. Apart of Nosty, whose visions are nowhere near of what Delphine has done, there's no real supernatural occurrence on the show. But at the same time, she went too far with Delphine to make her now not supernatural. Sure, LM can try to explain it all by saying that what we saw was Delphine's POV, but that doesn't explain Bash's reaction.

I don't see them dealing with Delphine in a way that makes any sense. They made her too supernatural to back down now. The Darkness made sense in a way. Predicting a plague outbreak in Renaissance France is about as difficult as predicting rain in Scotland. The falling stars though, it was once again a step a bit too far. They have to finally make the decision. Is Reign set in a world where supernatural powers exist, or not? And they have to stick to that decisions. Also, someone needs to inform Bash if supernatural doesn't exist on Reign, because he's looking a bit too dumb right now.

Quote:
Other than plot convenience . . . if he believes she's actually done it, that might be meant to signal that he's just "done" with deceptive women in his life. (Except then LM seemed to suggest in her interview he's not done with Delphine, ugh.) But of course, the dream then shows us he's not actually "done" with Delphine after all.

Again, other than plot necessity/foreshadowing, with Kenna and Renaude I think part of why Kenna attends his execution is that they were able to clear the air beforehand so she understood perfectly why he did what he did. He immediately came clean with her in a way Bash never would have and was perfectly willing to have her throw him under the bus (carriage?) to save herself and strongly encouraged her to do so. So as much as she was in a difficult and dangerous position, she could find it in her heart to be there for him. (And frankly, his willingness to put his loved ones first is one of the things she seemed to find very attractive about him, so she probably wasn't going to punish him for putting his son's life first - after all, he's already being hanged!)

Bash might not be done with Delphine, but I sure am.

I hope Bash will eventually realize that what Kenna has done was an act out of desperation not only for herself, but also for her child. Perhaps, Delphine's craziness might help him realize that a deception done out of desperation is not the same as a deception done for personal gain.

I mean what right does he have to judge Kenna for trying to trick him, when he was willing to let someone die in his place just six weeks before that. He was scared, and and desperate, and that made him act selfishly. The person that would pay the price wouldn't even be some random stranger, as far as he knew, it would be someone he loved. And he still was willing to go through with it. Kenna was scared and desperate, and her decision wouldn't even cost anyone their life. Now, let's talk of who is selfish, and who is a judgmental a** .

Actually, not only should Bash understand where Kenna was coming from, but he also should see why Kenna told Catherine of Diane's plan long time ago.

So yeah, Kenna deceived him, but compared to what he has done, he has no right to judge her. Actually, he doesn't really have a right to judge anyone. How convenient for him to randomly forget that little incident.
I'm still so mad

I'm still mad about Renaude's fate. He was so nice. Too nice for this show. Renaude and Castleroy deserved better.

Renaude made Kenna happy, was genuine, and not sleazy as Antoine, and that was enough for me to like him. And if I did not still (for some reason) ship Kennash, I'd ship Renaude/Kenna hardcore. Renaude really was Bash's opposite in the best way possible, and that was what Kenna needed at the time.

Now, I'm wondering what Bash would do if he was the one being hanged. Would he prefer Kenna to be there, or somewhere far away? Would he advise her to destroy his name to save herself? Would he be as nice and as kind as Renaude were? So many questions, most of which I don't want answered, because late s2 Bash would probably disappoint compared to Renaude.

Quote:
I don't disagree with this, but I do think we have to consider the context.
... and the context is that I still am hella mad at Bash

Quote:

I would also really like at least SOME information on Kenna's family. Literally the only things we know about them are her mother gave her a cross before she left for France and that they at some point turned over her dowry.

As you know, in most of my fics, I assume Kenna's mother died at some point after she went to France with Mary the first time and before she returned to France the second time. Her father is kind of distant after her mother's death because he loved his wife so much and Kenna looks so much like her mother that being around her is almost painful because it's a constant reminder of his loss. And that that fatherly neglect partly shapes the Kenna we meet on the show, who, IMO, feels far more insecure about her place in the world as a woman than any of the other LIW. She reminds of Catherine that way, actually.

Because Kenna's father is hands-off, I'm not sure word of her being Henry's mistress gets back to him while she actually was Henry's mistress, but he does of course find out about the marriage because Kenna's dowry needs to be handed over. At that point he feels responsible for the fact that Kenna got saddled with a marriage to a man that's nothing like what she deserved because he wasn't involved in any way and later glad that his negligence didn't permanently **** up her life because Bash turned out to be a good man, if not a wealthy one. (He probably feels desperately ashamed at what his late wife would think about how he's failed their daughter.) My version of Kenna's father would probably have a lot of feelings if/when he learns about the events of s2, but IDK that Kenna would feel that she could ask for help. I think that she just generally doesn't have a good handle on how her father would react to things because there's probably fairly poor communication between them. (UGH KENNA MARRYING A MAN LIKE HER FATHER. UGH.)

My thought is that if Kenna's family had also disowned her, that could've easily been worked in when Lola talked about her family disowning her in an "I know what that's like" sort of way. But then again the writers may just not have known with certainty how they saw Kenna's backstory.

I also picture her having brothers, but I already got too much into my headcanon so I'll stop now.
For some reason, I imagine Kenna's family to consist mostly of males. Dead mother, distant father, and few brothers. She sure appears to cherish her female friends quite a lot. I don't think she had many women around her when growing up.

Also, when Bash was shot with the arrow, we saw Kenna tending to him later. The way she did it, not that concerned when he was out of harms way and not at all freaked out by the wound, makes me wonder if she has some history of caring for her injured brothers.

There's also the fact that between Henry, Bash, and Renaude, she sure prefers the warrior type of a man. I wonder if that has something to do with her family and childhood.

Quote:
LM seems pretty attached to Cleith though. I still think they can be folded into the Dash/demon stuff to keep them around without sucking up a ton of screentime. Narcisse and Lola seem to be the main free floaters to me right now; besides their romance, there's not much else going on with them, but they're not going anywhere. And Greer is supposed to be coming back, but I have no idea how they can use her. (Perhaps having her take over Catherine's flying squad now that Catherine's run off to Elizabeth?) The baby SL would be easy to kill off, but again, LM does seem to have an idea for Kenna at least. Whether that idea presupposes her miscarrying or something like that remains to be seen.
I think Greer is gonna become Mary's personal spy master. She has the perfect position for it, and she really can't go back and be a LIW again. Since Greith appears to be over, being a spy master is the only possible way to tie her to any main storyline.
I'd honestly prefer if they let Leith and Claude go (it's not like they could ever happen anyway, Claude is a princes after all). They can take Narcisse, Condé and Delphine with them. The cast is too big already, and with the addition of English court, it's about to become even bigger. I want the focus to be on s1 characters, not on the half-baked newcomers who appear to exist only as love interests. Yes, I dislike Narcisse. I know I'm perhaps the only one, but I won't forgive what they have done with Catherine to prop Narcisse up. And screw Delphine and her magical bunny boiling ways. Unless she's there to help Kennash to get back together, than go Delphine and your magical bunny boiling ways I don't even care. I'm just a Kennash shipper trash.
No, but I think the show should just go back to what made it so good. Frary, Frash, Kennash, Mary/LIWs, LIWs having their own POV, Catherine/her babies. I'm tired of them throwing in all these useless extra characters that take screentime away from more interesting happenings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
Is it bad I would like Delphine (if she has to be hanging around like some parasite) to do some magic on Kenna and then have Bash end up saving Kenna just in time?
I really need to see Bash concerned and scared for Kenna. He has been so dismissive of her, and dreadfully unconcerned with her safety (leaving her in a castle that's about to be besieged? not telling her of Antoine wanting a revenge for killing his brother? what were you thinking, Bash?), he's well overdue to have a 2x01 style freakout.

I don't see how Delphine could not try to harm Kenna. She wants to steal her future, baby or not, Kenna is a threat to Delphine and her obsession with Bash.

Quote:
Fingers crossed for the happy ending!

As for fanfic, part 2 of my multi-chapter (if I look back I am lost) here: Show Chapter | Archive of Our Own
I'm gonna have to PM you. Because, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessTeller (View Post)
So I know we have discussed this to death but the more I think on it, the more I don't know how the show is gonna write some of the plots next season so they makes any sense...I don't see how they can do a time jump at the start of the season, and I don't see how they can bring Kenna back 6m later with her baby? I would say they would just have her not get on the boat at all but then what happens with the baby King? I feel like its gonna be a long 4-5m
Quote:
We don't know if they will make a time jump. With Francis' condition I doubt they can. When I remember right the last scene was with Nosty telling Francis that he was dying. I don't think it's possible to make a time jump when his life is hanging in the balance. Just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
ICA. And I really don't want to lose Francis, so I feel like we were written into a corner here. It's either Kenna goes back to court pregnant or she loses the baby, but there's no way we can have both the baby and Francis in the picture.
They simply can't do a time jump. Unless Kenna miscarriages, which is always a possibility, she has to come back pregnant.
Even if she comes back pregnant, it will still clash horribly with francis' illness. To prolong Francis' life they would have to keep Kenna pregnant for all of (or at least most of) s3, which I doubt they would. Pregnancy is just not sexy for a tv show. They rely heavily on Kenna's beauty and sex appeal in her storylines. Keeping her pregnant would not work.

Unless they would focus on Kennash repairing their relationship, then a long pregnancy would not be a problem.

There really is only one other option, it must be revealed that Kenna has been pregnant for some time already. Much longer than she thought. As in months longer.

Either way, Kennash

Quote:
Of course, assuming they don't jump to a miscarriage, this depends on how pregnant she's supposed to be and how long they'll drag out Francis dying. (IIRC he spent quite a bit of time dying IRL, but it's unclear how long you might say he's already been in "dying mode," so to speak, on the show.) We could get a baby if Kenna comes back to court pregnant and they decide to drag out Francis's death for half a year plus.

I do think the baby could be an unfortunately easy SL for the writers to discard: I could see them thinking that it's served its purposes of creating drama between/breaking up Kennash. Particularly if they move into spinning the break up as all Kenna's fault - it could very much read as a (cosmic) punishment, even if it makes her life easier in the long run not to have an illegitimate child.

Honestly, while I want Kenna to be a mother, I really wouldn't mind a miscarriage SL terribly, because I think it's different from Mary's miscarriage SL and miscarriages are unfortunately very common. In a scenario in which Kenna came back to court pregnant, I think she'd feel pressure to be very conciliating and apologetic to Bash and I really just have a need to see Bash get his feet held to the fire for the way he behaved prior to her attempt to deceive him. If there's not a living, breathing reminder of the fact that she tried to deceive him (particularly in the event that our spec that Bash is actually the father is not correct), Kenna may feel she has more of a right to whatever feelings she previously had about his behavior. I do think there are ways to do that if Kenna has the baby, but given how little screen time Kennash got despite being the #2 couple on the show, I don't know how much faith I have that the writers would take the time to do that thoughtfully.

I think Kenna actually might have her baby, or at least stay pregnant for some time. 2x22 ended in a way that makes me think that they want to explore Kenna and what will she do now that she's pregnant and alone. If they just had her miscarry in early s3, she could return to the castle, and all of her trouble would be solved. She would find another suitor, and go on with her life. That would give them a very little opportunity to explore something new.
I think Kenna will be forced to return to the castle for some time, but with the intention of leaving eventually (since she found a new friend in the boy king, her future wouldn't be dependent on Bash, and she will not feel obligated to play nice with him) and that will get Kennash a chance to get back together.

If Kenna miscarries at the beginning, then the whole thing happened only as a way to separate Kennash, and that would be a very bad news for us IMO.

Quote:

I hope you are right. But I'm not sure. If D can convince Nosty that she is a good person maybe he will allow her to help him heal Francis.
Yes, Francis needs to show Bash the way. That sounds a bit cult-y

I just don't see how they could ever rehabilitate Delphine. Even if she's not en evil witch, she's still a crazy person that has an obsession with Bash. I don't see how they could turn this around and make her someone trustworthy.

A tiny part of me is a bit concerned by possible Bash/Delphine, but it's simply so ridiculous that I doubt even Reign would go there.

Last edited by unstableharpy; 05-30-2015 at 02:42 PM
unstableharpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstableharpy (View Post)
It's clear that LM likes to play with the theme of superstitions and enjoys teasing us with the supernatural world. But I feel like she did one fake supernatural case too many, and it's now to late in the game to change it. Apart of Nosty, whose visions are nowhere near of what Delphine has done, there's no real supernatural occurrence on the show. But at the same time, she went too far with Delphine to make her now not supernatural. Sure, LM can try to explain it all by saying that what we saw was Delphine's POV, but that doesn't explain Bash's reaction.
The binding spell performed with blood was way too much. Even though LM likes to play with supernatural themes she has no idea how to do it to make it look realistic. When you watch a movie about witches you expect supernatural stuff. When you watch a series like Reign you think "What was that?" I'm tired of LM's explanations what D is or isn't. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know either.

Quote:
Also, someone needs to inform Bash if supernatural doesn't exist on Reign, because he's looking a bit too dumb right now.

Quote:
If Kenna miscarries at the beginning, then the whole thing happened only as a way to separate Kennash, and that would be a very bad news for us IMO.

Quote:
I just don't see how they could ever rehabilitate Delphine. Even if she's not en evil witch, she's still a crazy person that has an obsession with Bash. I don't see how they could turn this around and make her someone trustworthy.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

I think Bash's trips in Fantasia are kind of his only sl/reason to exist on the show (he'd be married buy clearly LM wasn't interested in developing that aspect) and at the same time supernatural or what looks like it is a part of the show and will probably be at least until Francis dies. I don't see Bash knowing of Francis yet but I do see he's still convinced that he saved him by killing Clarissa from something Delphine's powers caused in the first place. So the longer he is oblivious of Francis's health the more of a loose cannon he'll become imo, because superstition (with a little help from Laurie's stepping too far in Fantasia) is kind of overtaking him.
Delphine, I doubt he'd trust her again. But we also know that the only unforgivable person to Bash is Kenna, so maybe once he finds out about Francis he'll ask her to heal his brother and take his own life instead or something.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Even as a healer, Delphine was already too much.
As a person who might be able to save Francis is the only reason Bash would care about her at all.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually see Kenna having her baby, LM said she is going to "land on her feet". So it will interesting to see how. Right now I feel like one of my biggest fears is that Delpine is going to be hanging around ALL season.
JessTeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

New Thread
Old 05-31-2015, 08:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Accidentally posted in the wrong thread!

Reply   Post New Thread