Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2014, 01:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

They really don't know how to handle the show. I don't even understand to be frank, and I don't know what to say, or how to feel right now. Part of me thinks that a lot of historical show have done the rape thing, it's not the first time and it won't be the last (these show didn't get that much hate), and women, especially at that time were raped everyday, so it makes it accurate. But another part of me thinks that it's just not the right thing to do, it's a cheap plot device, I mean I can't write better than that, and I'm really bad at writing. I just don't see the point of it all. I think (that's just my personal opinion) that most of the fandom (not everyone obviously since I'm not part of them) doesn't like the rape thing because it happened to Mary, not because of the sensitive issue, because if it was someone else, they wouldn't care about it as much, I mean it happened to Kenna, and no one cared, it happened in several other show and no one cared because it didn't happen to the protagonist..
I really don't know what to think or to say right now, I'm so conflicted..
Old 12-04-2014, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

I don't know how to feel either and I've had 12 hours to process it. I think that Reign could have done without it. It's been dark all season. That's not the show I signed up for in S1. That I think is the crux of my problem.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:13 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
I don't know how to feel either and I've had 12 hours to process it. I think that Reign could have done without it. It's been dark all season. That's not the show I signed up for in S1. That I think is the crux of my problem.
Exactly, they could've done without it, there's already so much drama in the show.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Yes, I don't have a clue how they think that this rape was necessary.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

This is so upsetting
Old 12-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Master Fan

Like I said in the Spoilers thread. I didn't sign up to Reign to get GoT. Why am I getting GoT? If I wanted GoT, I'd be watching GoT not Reign.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Exactly..
I think Laurie is part of GOT's fandom and she wants to have a show like that, which is completely stupid and immature of her, because Reign fandoms doesn't want that.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

I think the writing room is a GoT wannabe but they failed in their audience analysis because I don't think people watch Reign for GoT and they are alienating their fanbase.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
I think the writing room is a GoT wannabe but they failed in their audience analysis because I don't think people watch Reign for GoT and they are alienating their fanbase.
Exactly, ITA agree, they're all GOT wannabe, and they want their show to be compared to GOT when it really can't, this is a teen soap not GOT..
Even their writing is like a pale version of GOT, because they move on plots really fast, and it's like rape and torture is a normal thing to them. Cat ordered Collin to rape Mary because she didn't want her to marry Francis, Kenna after being beaten and nearly raped was concerned about the king's love for her, she acted completely normal when she was raped by the king (twice), it's like it never happened, the only scene she snapped in was when Bash accidentally "****-shamed" her..
I mean if you wake up next to a dead girl, you'd think it will affect your mental states, that you'll have trouble sleeping at night ? that you'll need time before having sex ?
When you lose a child you cared about to the plague you'd think you'll be grieving for more than a minute ?
These things are major emotional events and they need to be dealt with, but apparently the writers don't know how to do that.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

That or they don't care, which is even worse!

Old 12-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's atually more likely, because lots of people have shown their discontent and yet..
Old 12-04-2014, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

What's worse is that M3 went essentially silent on their twitter after it happened. I guess they have nothing they could say to make it better.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

I think they weren't okay with it as well..
Old 12-04-2014, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

Let's hope.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

I would've loved to know Caitlin's thoughts about it, but she can't say much because of the contracts..
She favorited certain tweets about it though.
Even Alyssa, Torrance's girlfriend, tweeted about it. X. She and Torr didn't watch the episode and they won't watch it tonight either.
It's nice to see that even the cast doesn't agree with that as well.