Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)

Well... That quote is PERFECT, what can I say?

Welcome btw, do you want to be added to our list here?
The quote is perfect.

Yes of course I do.

Love your icon and sig.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Jaime Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouMoriarty (View Post)
Hey there! Just started watching it this weekend and I fell in love with it. And sydney and andrew are just too cute not to ship.
Oh, ok!! That's what I thought cause I haven't been able to discuss it with you yet!!

And yes, they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
The quote is perfect.

Yes of course I do.

Love your icon and sig.
Haha, that's what I thought too

And thanks This scene inspired me!! I actually wanted one with the part where he's carrying her but I couldn't find it, so I settled with the kiss. Loved how she obviously got into it a little before pushing him back

Love those quotes too:

"Look at you, you're smart and handsome and funny and tall and you're none of those things when you're dating her"

And "Everything is so weird now"
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
ElizaSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sydney is So jealous but won't admit it.

I hope we get to actually see this girlfriend he has.

Did he breakup with her? I forget.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-30-2013, 03:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sydney is So jealous but won't admit it.

I hope we get to actually see this girlfriend he has.

Did he breakup with her? I forget.
She was, cause even her dad noticed it when Andrew was on the phone with the other "cardigan" girl

I don't think he broke up with her, I remember him laughing with her on the phone at the end, but I may be wrong
Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I remember now he was laughing on the phone.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I remember now he was laughing on the phone.
Yeah, and Sydney didn't really like it
Old 10-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course not.

New episode tonight.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Of course not.

New episode tonight.
So... How was it?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Andrew seemed jealous last night.

I like he didn't like Josh or the kiss he gave Sydney.

Old 11-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think Andrew seemed jealous last night.

I like he didn't like Josh or the kiss he gave Sydney.
Thanks for the gifs!! I love that scene!!

I do feel like he was a bit jealous too, still disappointed he wasn't the one to dance with Sydney in the end though
Old 11-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You should check out Morbius's post here. It might make you feel better about some things.

http://www.fanforum.com/f72/crazy-on...88/index2.html

OK this one is hands down my favorite ep so far.

An awesome emotional episode focusing on Sydneys dreams about the perfect guy with awesome interaction between her and the guys concluding in a really sweet and heartwarming ending? With an equally emotional subplot with Simon trying to deal with his age? With David Boreanaz/(B)Angel refrences for an added bonus?

Whats not to love?

And Sarah is so incredibly cute the whole time....

To be honest I had my doubts about this show before I saw the pilot.

I mean you'd think Robin and Sarah in one show is an automatic win but I have pretty much lost all my faith in the industry nowadays. Part of me expected them to find a way to screw it up no matter the odds.

But I think this episode more than any other demonstrates how unfounded my fears were and how much the creators care. They aren't satisfied with making a simple comedy with a pile of jokes and reaction shots from cast members but they wanted to give it a heart, make it meaningful and to give something to think about even after you stopped laughing at the jokes.

And I'm really happy that they went this route if for nothing else then because wasting the talents of these two on bad jokes just to cash in on their celebrity power would've been a grievous mistake.

Quote:
The snow globe thing was a bit hokey for me.

I don't think it was the snowglobe itself that was important here. I think the important was that we learned that Sydney has this fantasy about her meeting with this perfect guy, the "prince on the white horse" who until this point beared Josh' face. And that this fantasy was/is very important to her.

I think it was perfectly in-character for her too. She seems to have this naive, innocent, even childish worldview where her father is a saint who never had sex in his life or did anything wrong, where she is his little princess(not spoilt though) who will marry the aforementioned "prince" some day. And its not that she isn't smart enough, she is pretty smart I think and she is really good at her job too. Its just that emotionally she is somewhat stuck in her teen years. A teen girl stuck in a womans body if you will.

But this isn't necessarily bad because that she still has faith and dreams is really admirable and makes for a happier person but at the same time she is also far more vulnerable and her heart is easier to break. And this is why I really like the ending because her co-workers and Simon realized how special she is so instead of mocking her they tried their best to keep her dreams alive so at least she is happy with them. I think it showed how much they really care for her.

BTW I think when Simon watches her happily playing with her friends and saying that he has everything he needs is the most beautiful moment in the in the show so far and perhaps one of the most beautiful as far as current TV shows are concerned. Again this father-daughter relationship they have is just so unique and heartwarming that its pretty much reason alone to watch the show.

Now I know what you may think. That Zach singing her and dancing with her is a sign of a romance subplot beginning. I don't really think that honestly. I think it was really only about the team wanting to cheer her up and because Zach is their resident cool guy he got the role of the "white knight" but I think they all knew that it was just a game. Even Andrew was perfectly cool with it.

There was also an interesting moment when Syd reminds Zach that she is his co-worker when they start talking about her attractivenes. I think this may have been another subtle reminder that he still shouldn't think about trying to cross the friendship line because she isn't interested. Indeed I really don't think Zach really fits in the snowglobe fantasy too much.

So yeah. I'm eager to see whats next.

PS. Lauren is still boring as hell I'm afraid even though they are trying to make her interesting. Seems more and more like she is miscast unfortunately.

Quote:
I wish they didn't have the shippy episode with Syd/Andrew yet.

Agreed. I think it was a mistake because now there won't be any surprise or guessing about his intents, and it doesn't really add up logically either. I think they realized what we have been saying about them doing it too fast and they wanted to slow down but now it looks a little stupid this way.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Master Fan

Thanks hun It does I love what she has to write, she always analyses the episodes in a very meaningful way!

I haven't seen 1x06 yet, planning on watching 1x06 & 1x07 all together this Week-end So, I'll comment after that ^^

Reposting this, in case some people missed it, and just because I find it sooo adorable!!

Old 11-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love her posts too.

Aww that's precious.

Old 11-07-2013, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I love her posts too.

Aww that's precious.
Yeah, it is, I want a scene like that on the show too

Sydney Roberts

Aaawww... Poor Andrew
Old 11-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Please add me.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread