Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
I hope so too. I hope that whatever will be the cliffhanger for the season it won't involve SC. But since he filmed some of the last scenes with Lily, Enzo, and Caroline I'm doubting it.
Lily better not hurt Stefan.. I will be so pissed I can just imagine SC finally saying that they want to give their relationship a go, and then something horrible happens to one of them or both of them at the hands of his mother
Old 04-26-2015, 04:08 AM
Master Fan

I'm also worried about Lily and not just how she can harm them physically but also emotionally. She could make things worse by making one or both of them feel even more guilty. She stopped loving her own sons so she could convince Stefan that he's just as ruined as her and there's no hope for him just to be spiteful.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
I can just imagine SC finally saying that they want to give their relationship a go, and then something horrible happens to one of them or both of them at the hands of his mother
I have a feeling that is exactly what's going to happen....

Old 04-26-2015, 12:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanycutrim (View Post)
I have a feeling that is exactly what's going to happen....
Yeah, I think that's what will happen, too. Caroline will push him away in 6x21, then something will make her realize that things don't have to be perfect for them to be together. She'll either go to tell him that or tell him that, and something intervenes with that. Then again, it seems Elena and Bonnie are getting all the "we're in danger" drama in the finale. So, I don't know.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Seems that you are all predicting that the show will procrastinate me to death.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thank you for saying this because I felt like such a bad Steroline fan for mentioning it.

Yes exactly to what you said. Since episode 7 when Stefan found out about Caroline's feelings...up to episode 14, I feel like you do about how Stefan was showing more romantic feelings - the looks, the touches, devoting himself to her...I really thought a kiss was going to happen in that moment in the woods in ep 13 too. I felt Stefan was getting bolder (phone in pocket ) and opening himself up to love again. I really feel that his question to Caroline in ep 7 about why she had a thing for him was more about his insecurities of having lost Elena to Damon and that struggle. That's when I felt like the conversation at the end of episode 15 should have happened soon after that episode. So when Stefan initiated the kiss in ep 14, I felt he had finally embraced his romantic feelings for her. And then episode 15 happened and he was so uncertain that he was wiling to accept Damon's advice to stop it. And it took listening to Damon's eulogy about how amazing Caroline was (which out of everyone Stefan as her best friend should already know ) to make the decision that pursuing something more with Caroline was worth it. I'm glad also we got clarity of Stefan's feelings but that episode has been an obstacle for me with the writing of his feelings. Then in the next episode Stefan tells Caroline that the reason why he didn't tell her in ep 15 was because he was afraid of the feelings he had for her and had to push them away. And then three episodes later we have a ep 13 flashback where the only issue Stefan had with starting a relationship with Caroline was the timing and that he would be patient for the perfect timing. I get that the writers are using Stefan's feelings to suit their means for the SL in each episode but I just feel they have been manipulating the flow of his feelings over the season to do it and it just bugs me. It bugs me that he didn't bring up his relationship with Elena until it suited the SL in ep 15. Or in ep 16 when he was pushing those feelings away because he obviously wasn't in the prior episodes.

Tho I do think the flashback makes sense as part of the flow up to that point in ep 13. I agree with you about how it ties in to Liz's statement to Caroline in ep 14. I think the writers are bringing the point up of Stefan's feelings because it's going to play a role in the upcoming episodes regarding Steroline's feelings for each other. It reinforces that Stefan wants to pursue a relationship with her and has those feelings for her. That part wasn't necessary because Caroline could have turned her humanity back on based on the letter in the flashback alone. But episodes 15/16 will always bug me because of how the writers wrote Stefan's feelings mainly to suit the SL in those particular episode than what they were telling us in all the previous episodes.

Happier thought: I'm loving that Liz has been consistently giving her blessing to a romantic relationship for SC because I think that means good things coming up for us.
The more I think about it the more I'm seeing it as a retcon But it's not like he came out and confessed his love and he just said if something happens it should be under better circumstances. He couldn't use his friend line that he did with Damon since it would have been impolite So I'll assume that he was still uncertain at the time and only accepting that something could happen with Caroline so it won't seem like a retcon. Also if he was certain in the flashback it contradicts the way I see the SC story. Unlike you I didn't think that he had embraced his feelings with the kiss. Since 5x18 when Stefan said you can't be friends and in love at the same time my first thought was that was put there for SC. It explains his obliviousness upto 6x07 and then confusion with finding out Caroline's feelings. I agree about the insecurity from Stefan but I also think the bigger issue was the friendship aspect. And this is proven since he kept on using that excuse everytime the subject came up. Then I think he had moments where he felt more than friendship such as Thanksgiving but because of his friendship theory and also fear he kept on pushing it away as he said in 6x16 so basically he was in denial for a while. I don't think he was talking about pushing it away only in 6x15 since he even spoke about not knowing when things changed. His speech in 6x16 seemed to be about his feelings in general. And then post kiss the confusion was because it was a different feeling to what he experienced before. Can I blame the doppleganger spell for this? Tbh these ideas of different kinds of love, being in denial and having moments of realisations are difficult to believe but this is fiction so I'll suspend my disbelief. So I think he was stopping it not because it wasn't worth pursuing but because it was too risky to lose a friendship and jump into something he couldn't fully understand. When Damon gave his advice you could see he wasn't very happy about it like he wanted to disagree. 6x15 was just not a good episode and really silly the way he came to his realisation but they wanted to make it as dramatic as possible. 6x16 annoyed me because of this blame of Stefan not giving Caroline the right answer and then her saying that made him a jerk. Wouldn't it have made more sense to blame him for kissing her without being sure it's what he really wanted? Anyway that's how I'm gonna look at it until the writers find a way to contradict me in a future episode

And I agree that they've manipulated the flow of his feelings because they dragged it out for so long and now they're suddenly giving us a whole lot of stuff as if they're trying to make up for his lack of POV for most of the first half of the season.

I'm so happy we got Liz's blessing
Old 04-26-2015, 02:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's been rather obvious for a while that Liz was seeing Stefan as the "perfect boyfriend" material. Why that is, one could wonder, but I guess she figured that out of the current vampire crop Stefan was by far and away the best option and that Caroline couldn't be happy with a human long term.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ultimatecandice I agree

Oh absolutely. It's one of MANY retcons and inconsistencies with the show.

I hope so too. I hope that whatever will be the cliffhanger for the season it won't involve SC. But since he filmed some of the last scenes with Lily, Enzo, and Caroline I'm doubting it.
Thank you! Merci
Old 04-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nothing better happen to Stefan or Caroline
Old 04-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
The more I think about it the more I'm seeing it as a retcon But it's not like he came out and confessed his love and he just said if something happens it should be under better circumstances. He couldn't use his friend line that he did with Damon since it would have been impolite So I'll assume that he was still uncertain at the time and only accepting that something could happen with Caroline so it won't seem like a retcon. Also if he was certain in the flashback it contradicts the way I see the SC story. Unlike you I didn't think that he had embraced his feelings with the kiss. Since 5x18 when Stefan said you can't be friends and in love at the same time my first thought was that was put there for SC. It explains his obliviousness upto 6x07 and then confusion with finding out Caroline's feelings. I agree about the insecurity from Stefan but I also think the bigger issue was the friendship aspect. And this is proven since he kept on using that excuse everytime the subject came up. Then I think he had moments where he felt more than friendship such as Thanksgiving but because of his friendship theory and also fear he kept on pushing it away as he said in 6x16 so basically he was in denial for a while. I don't think he was talking about pushing it away only in 6x15 since he even spoke about not knowing when things changed. His speech in 6x16 seemed to be about his feelings in general. And then post kiss the confusion was because it was a different feeling to what he experienced before. Can I blame the doppleganger spell for this? Tbh these ideas of different kinds of love, being in denial and having moments of realisations are difficult to believe but this is fiction so I'll suspend my disbelief. So I think he was stopping it not because it wasn't worth pursuing but because it was too risky to lose a friendship and jump into something he couldn't fully understand. When Damon gave his advice you could see he wasn't very happy about it like he wanted to disagree. 6x15 was just not a good episode and really silly the way he came to his realisation but they wanted to make it as dramatic as possible. 6x16 annoyed me because of this blame of Stefan not giving Caroline the right answer and then her saying that made him a jerk. Wouldn't it have made more sense to blame him for kissing her without being sure it's what he really wanted? Anyway that's how I'm gonna look at it until the writers find a way to contradict me in a future episode

And I agree that they've manipulated the flow of his feelings because they dragged it out for so long and now they're suddenly giving us a whole lot of stuff as if they're trying to make up for his lack of POV for most of the first half of the season.

I'm so happy we got Liz's blessing
No he didn't profess his love, and I agree he had to be more diplomatic since he was talking to her mom, but I think he could have said something less certain. Even saying he was afraid of ruining their friendship I think would have been acceptable and would have been a better link between the episodes. Or even saying he was afraid to love again after losing Elena to his brother. Saying he wanted the time to be perfect seems like he had been thinking a lot about it and sort of had a plan . I was trying to think of when I felt he was embracing the romantic idea more and I think it was episode 11, when he was in full boyfriend mode. I still lol at him picking up her purse. And the way he looked at her at the end holding her hand.

I thought it was a little much when Caroline said he was a jerk to her at the funeral. I was like huh? He just said he wanted to talk at a later time and even gave her a hug. Those writers

Telepath, I think also it's because Liz recognizes how good a friend he is to her, he's her best friend and has saved her life on multiple times. Liz seemed to treat what was going on in ep 7 between SC as a lovers spat. I guess the potential to be ripper!stefan never really bothered her.

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 04-27-2015, 12:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
No he didn't profess his love, and I agree he had to be more diplomatic since he was talking to her mom, but I think he could have said something less certain. Even saying he was afraid of ruining their friendship I think would have been acceptable and would have been a better link between the episodes. Or even saying he was afraid to love again after losing Elena to his brother. Saying he wanted the time to be perfect seems like he had been thinking a lot about it and sort of had a plan . I was trying to think of when I felt he was embracing the romantic idea more and I think it was episode 11, when he was in full boyfriend mode. I still lol at him picking up her purse. And the way he looked at her at the end holding her hand.

I thought it was a little much when Caroline said he was a jerk to her at the funeral. I was like huh? He just said he wanted to talk at a later time and even gave her a hug. Those writers

Telepath, I think also it's because Liz recognizes how good a friend he is to her, he's her best friend and has saved her life on multiple times. Liz seemed to treat what was going on in ep 7 between SC as a lovers spat. I guess the potential to be ripper!stefan never really bothered her.
Considering the timeline he had a couple months so it would be crazy to think he didn't at least think about them romantically. He found out about her feelings before Thanksgiving which is in November and they kissed after Bonnie's birthday which is in February. I also think he started testing the waters in 6x11. Caroline was probably so embarrassed from being outed by Enzo and then between avoiding him and then slowly becoming friends again she hid her feelings pretty well. So when that hand hold made her go all weak at the knees he knew she still had her thing for him which was why he was so smiley And him saying it had to be perfect could have been because he knows Caroline really well and the neat, organised, task oriented control freak isn't going to want anything but perfection Stefan has been in MF long enough to know that finding the perfect timing would be rare. When he was in Georgia and Elena visited him I can't remember his exact words but he was shading MF because of all the drama And like you said it was unnecessary to put that in the flashback but maybe it wasn't about reinforcing his feelings and we should be focusing on him saying it should be perfect. It's pretty much ruined now according to Caroline and with all the new magical drama that's bound to happen there's going to be chaos. So if SC do decide to give it a shot they'll have to compromise because there's no way they can be perfect.

These writers and their dumb dialogue sometimes That's why I don't take what the characters say too seriously. JP tweeted that boys are stupid during the 6x15 scene. I didn't see that as a rejection and really just thought he wanted to talk later so whatever message she was trying to convey wasn't coming across to me.

When you call somebody like Damon Salvatore your friend then you have to judge people differently. I just think that Liz wants her daughter to be happy and she knows Stefan can do that. He was a pretty good boyfriend to Elena and he is ashamed of the Rippah in him so that was good enough for her.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 04-27-2015 at 01:22 AM
Old 04-27-2015, 06:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

Christ can we get a sneak peek already...
Old 04-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Yes, where is that sneak peek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Considering the timeline he had a couple months so it would be crazy to think he didn't at least think about them romantically. He found out about her feelings before Thanksgiving which is in November and they kissed after Bonnie's birthday which is in February. I also think he started testing the waters in 6x11. Caroline was probably so embarrassed from being outed by Enzo and then between avoiding him and then slowly becoming friends again she hid her feelings pretty well. So when that hand hold made her go all weak at the knees he knew she still had her thing for him which was why he was so smiley And him saying it had to be perfect could have been because he knows Caroline really well and the neat, organised, task oriented control freak isn't going to want anything but perfection Stefan has been in MF long enough to know that finding the perfect timing would be rare. When he was in Georgia and Elena visited him I can't remember his exact words but he was shading MF because of all the drama And like you said it was unnecessary to put that in the flashback but maybe it wasn't about reinforcing his feelings and we should be focusing on him saying it should be perfect. It's pretty much ruined now according to Caroline and with all the new magical drama that's bound to happen there's going to be chaos. So if SC do decide to give it a shot they'll have to compromise because there's no way they can be perfect.

These writers and their dumb dialogue sometimes That's why I don't take what the characters say too seriously. JP tweeted that boys are stupid during the 6x15 scene. I didn't see that as a rejection and really just thought he wanted to talk later so whatever message she was trying to convey wasn't coming across to me.

When you call somebody like Damon Salvatore your friend then you have to judge people differently. I just think that Liz wants her daughter to be happy and she knows Stefan can do that. He was a pretty good boyfriend to Elena and he is ashamed of the Rippah in him so that was good enough for her.
He was so smiley I also thought he was smiley in ep 10 when he got the christmas lights. Must have been because Liz was now on his side to get their friendship back. Caroline was pretty cranky and it didn't phase him at all until they had their talk.

At first I thought it was pretty strange for Stefan to mention wanting things to be perfect because that's normally not how he plans. And I don't think Caroline ever needed things to be perfect with Matt or Tyler. But now I think they were trying to tie it in to how Caroline wanted things to be perfect for Thanksgiving and for her mom at the cabin. She has these ideals and I think Stefan was trying to honor that. He didn't want to disappoint her. But yeah I think the whole idea that there is no perfect timing or always able to control things is what Stefan is going to have to help Caroline come to terms with in their upcoming scenes. It's going to be hard for Caroline because this is the first time where she has been the person to ruin so much.

I've learned to not take the writing too seriously because it isn't going to change and I'll never get what I want. Though sometimes they surprise me with how bad it can get

I was thinking that too - considering Damon to be one of her best friends when he did what he did to her daughter Apparently she's able to overlook things. But another thing I think is that she also sees how Stefan is able to handle Caroline's narcotic control freakiness, not really even be bothered by it, and that Caroline helps Stefan not be all brooding

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 04-28-2015, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, where is that sneak peek!

He was so smiley I also thought he was smiley in ep 10 when he got the christmas lights. Must have been because Liz was now on his side to get their friendship back. Caroline was pretty cranky and it didn't phase him at all until they had their talk.

At first I thought it was pretty strange for Stefan to mention wanting things to be perfect because that's normally not how he plans. And I don't think Caroline ever needed things to be perfect with Matt or Tyler. But now I think they were trying to tie it in to how Caroline wanted things to be perfect for Thanksgiving and for her mom at the cabin. She has these ideals and I think Stefan was trying to honor that. He didn't want to disappoint her. But yeah I think the whole idea that there is no perfect timing or always able to control things is what Stefan is going to have to help Caroline come to terms with in their upcoming scenes. It's going to be hard for Caroline because this is the first time where she has been the person to ruin so much.

I've learned to not take the writing too seriously because it isn't going to change and I'll never get what I want. Though sometimes they surprise me with how bad it can get

I was thinking that too - considering Damon to be one of her best friends when he did what he did to her daughter Apparently she's able to overlook things. But another thing I think is that she also sees how Stefan is able to handle Caroline's narcotic control freakiness, not really even be bothered by it, and that Caroline helps Stefan not be all brooding
He was super cute and I love how Liz and Caroline were having a non verbal conversation on whether he should stay or not

Yeah and I also think since they've both had bad experiences at love and that they're best friends he'd want it to be the best experience possible if they gave it a shot.

But the bad writing is starting to get me down After 6x19 looking at all the other illogical storylines I'm starting to worry what's in store for us in season 7. Surely they must realize how poorly planned this season looks especially the back half with this cure storyline and improve because I really don't see how they think what they're delivering is the best that they can.

In my mind Liz only saw Caroline and Damon hanging out once and that's it. Caroline/Liz were not close so I hope they kept her in the dark with all the other stuff that went on because I refuse to believe a mother would be okay with that.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

The problem is that it would be equally absurd for Caroline not to mention it especially considering Damon hanging around Elizabeth. It's just a total mess. It is a thing the show can never truly fix, it's like a gaping wound.