Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Most people I've talked to who watched it without reading the books thought that Katniss was in love with Peeta. In fact, most of them commented that the romance was a little fast and didn't seem to get the fact that she was mostly faking for the cameras.

On a side note, the immense amount of fan fiction I've been reading must have affected my brain somewhat. I wrote a four page story last night while I was watching TV. Still haven't decided if I'm gonna post it anywhere though.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

I saw THG with some folks who hadn't read the books and some thought that Gale was Katniss's boyfriend and that she was kind of emotionally cheating on him with Peeta whom she was starting to feel something for and others thought that she was completely sincere in falling for Peeta. I couldn't help myself and I had to correct people lol. "No, she wasn't being wholly sincere! And yet she was because Katniss doesn't let herself go to the feelings part of herself unless she is forced to. She had to play a performance to save Peeta's life so all of that wasn't real but some part of it was because she felt something for him and she would go to great lengths (even implicitly break her promise to Prim that she would do everything to come home) to keep him alive!" lol, I was pretty much hitting my friends with that till they were like, whoa okay chill, I'll just read the book.

I really did love the performance nature of PK in the books and I wished they had kept the scene in where Peeta asks if it was all for the games because that is a great narrative strand that speaks to the performance nature of their relationship and it is a great lead in to the real/not real ish in MJ. Though, I can see why they wouldn't want to end the movie on that note.

I've been reading some great fanfic for them recently and this one is seriously post-Mockingjay/pre-epilogue canon for me. Like, it is that good. The Unrecorded Hours field_reports: THG: The Unrecorded Hours by hollycomb (Katniss/Peeta)

Last edited by loveigniting; 04-18-2012 at 10:56 PM
Old 04-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the link. I haven't read that one yet.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Add me to the list. I will comment more later. I love this ship and Peeta is my favorite character. Joshua did a great job in capturing his essence. I mean, initially I thought the roles were miscast but Josh, JL, and even Liam did a great job of depicting the characterization even though the movie lacked some backstory that was in the book.

Yes, in the books..they kissed several times. Peeta gave her a long kiss. The scene where we realize that Peeta was not faking at all and is upset when he finds out Katniss was putting on a show was longer in the book. They also needed to elaborate on the bread scene where we actually see that Peeta got beaten for burning the tips of the bread so he could have an excuse to throw it out to starving Katniss. In the book, Katniss was more conflicted by realizing she might have had some feelings for Peeta but she was confused under the circumstances because she had to put on a show as well as realize she had more than a platonic interest in Gale too.

For the record, Gale was not her boyfriend yet. She and Gale were just friends in the first book. They didn't become a couple until Catching Fire. Katniss was not cheating on anybody, emotionally or physically because she wasn't officially in a relationship with anyone. She is not like Bella. The triangle aspect and her romance heats up in the next book/movie. In fact, in The Hunger Games book...Katniss at first denies that Gale is anything more than a friend but we read btw the lines and recognize he is more than that because she constantly thinks about him by realizing he would be hurt by her showmance with Peeta. We also recognize that she has sparks with Peeta despite her play-acting.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

WellI hope they put more and elaborant more in catching fire.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

^ Definitely. Expanding and clarifying the PK relationship is my number one wish for CF (that plus heaps of FINNICK!!!)

Old 04-20-2012, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I be added?

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 04-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Welcome
Old 04-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowhunter (View Post)
Welcome
Hi

Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by missygurl88 (View Post)
Hi
MiSSY

Another couple we have in common lol
Old 04-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Daisy lover (View Post)
MiSSY

Another couple we have in common lol
Tiana I knowww!!

We ship so much alike I just finished reading Mockingjay today

Old 04-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I just finished reading Mockingjay today
Welcome!

OMG you poor thing! The end of MJ is so emotionally draining. Did you like how the series ended? Coz it seems like people either really love it or hate it with a passion. I personally thought it was a perfect way to end the series.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellehcim_belle (View Post)
Welcome!

OMG you poor thing! The end of MJ is so emotionally draining. Did you like how the series ended? Coz it seems like people either really love it or hate it with a passion. I personally thought it was a perfect way to end the series.
I have a love/hate relationship with it. I like certain things about it but all the bad endings for some characters, it's so sad too. It makes sense that not everybody can live with something like that going on but it was so heartbreaking to lose characters. But I am happy that things got better. And no more Games.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Can I be added?
Missy. I'll add you now.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 04-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
Missy. I'll add you now.
Thanks Sarah

Closed Thread   Post New Thread