Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike♥Buffy #214: B/C he broke down the walls around her heart.

Welcome To The
208th Buffy&Spike
Appreciation Thread
Their Story;

Slayer and Vampire. If history has taught us anything - and it has - this relationship promised to be anything but rosy. When Spike came to town, having previously killed two Slayers, he instantly set his sights on killing his third. Buffy was a constant obstacle to Spike's plans to cure Dru, so he dedicated himself to killing the Slayer with a determination that bordered on obsession. When Angelus returned, and Spike found himself stuck in a wheelchair, Spike's plans were waylaid. Then, the only creature Spike seemed to want dead more than the Slayer was Angelus. The two of them forged an unlikely alliance to thwart Angelus' plans, and Spike left town with Dru.

He returned over a year later, sans Dru, in search of a gem that would render him invulnerable. Buffy stopped him, and he was captured by The Initiative. In captivity, Spike's passionate hatred for Buffy grew. He blamed her for his imprisonment and determined to kill her once he escaped. When he went to her room, however, he found Willow there instead. He tried to bite her, but the Initiative had implanted him with a behaviour-modifying chip that prevented him from hurting humans. Unable to feed, he reluctantly turned to the Scoobies for sanctuary. Buffy was all for letting him waste away, but because he had information about The Initiative, they took him in.

Over the next year, he became an unlikely ally. He could still kill demons, but his hatred of Buffy continued unabated. She treated him coldly and violently, often punching him on a whim, despite his inability to defend himself. His obsession with her grew as well. He assumed his passion towards her was fueled by hatred, but a dream about kissing her opened his eyes to the terrible truth - somewhere along the line, he had fallen in love with the Slayer.

Spike began to find any excuse to talk to Buffy. She still rebuffed him coldly, but he persevered, trying to demonstrate his willingness to change and be a better man. The problem was, he wasn't a man. And Buffy never let him forget that. Finally, he confronted her with his feelings. She was horrified and rejected him, shutting him out of her house and her life. Out of desperation and loneliness, he had Warren build him the Buffybot. She was programmed with all of Buffy's power and skills but had two large differences. One, she was by and large happy and eager to please. And two, she was desperately in love with Spike.

Naturally, the Scoobies discovered the Buffybot and confiscated it after a fight against Glory. Buffy was disgusted and angry, of course, but she also saw that Spike had suffered great torture and pain in order to protect Dawn from Glory. She was grateful to Spike and gave him a soft kiss of thanks. Soon after, Buffy died to save the world, and Spike was utterly devastated.

When Buffy returned, Spike was overjoyed. He treated her with understanding, and they became friends. He still loved her, but her growing frustration with being thrust back into the world of the living began to take its toll on all her relationships. Desperate to feel alive, she began seeking solace in his kisses, but she also returned to her previous abusive disdain when he began to want more from her. Finally, he felt he had endured one punch too many and decided to hit her back, chip be damned. But it didn't fire. They clashed violently in a passionate struggle that culminated in bruising, house-demolishing sex.

Newly confident, Spike began to try to strengthen his hold on her, separating her from her friends and insisting she belonged in the dark with him. For her part, Buffy denied any feelings she had for him but continued to seek solace from the world in their encounters. Their relationship became a twisted mixture of sex and violence with both partners regularly doling out both physical and emotional abuse. Seeing that she was only using him - that they were no good for each other - Buffy ended things, but Spike wouldn't relent. He pressured her to return to him, to tell her friends about them, but she refused. He was convinced that if only she would let herself admit her feelings for him, they could be together again. She confessed that she did have some feelings for him, but she insisted firmly that she could never love him. He tried to force himself on her, demanding that she let herself love him, and she barely fought him off. Horrified at what he'd tried to do - and frustrated that he, a vampire, would care - he left town, threatening to return and give her what she deserved.

He found his way to Africa and endured a set of trials to prove himself worthy of his reward. From his swagger and rage, it seemed clear he wanted to have his chip removed, but as he passed the final trial, the demon in the cave planted his hand on Spike's chest and said "Very well. We will return your soul."

When Spike returned to Sunnydale, Buffy was surprised to find him insane in the School basement and even more so when she found out that he'd gotten a soul for her, to be the kind of man she could love. She continued to visit him in the basement, encouraging him to pull himself together, and when she saw that the basement itself was a factor in making him crazy, she decided that he would move in with Xander. Things got worse when Spike started killing again, under the influence of The First Evil. Buffy helped Spike and gave him the strength to resist The First by telling him, she believed in him.

This new belief was seen when she instructed the Initiative to remove the chip from his head as it's deterioration threatened to kill him. From then on Spike was her most valuable ally/warrior against The First and also her comfort when she got kicked out of her own home by her friends, after an abortive atempt at attacking Caleb. Spike gave her the courage she needed to keep on fighting and not give up. "When I say I love you, it's not because I want you, or because I can't have you, and it has nothing to do with me. I love what you are. What you do. How you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you, and I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You are a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy." - Spike in 'Touched'.

When the final battle was imminent, Buffy entrusted Spike with an amulet Angel had brought and spent, what could have been her last night, sleeping in Spike's arms. In the end Spike sacrificed himself to save the world and as the amulets energy consumed him Buffy finally told him that she loved him. He went out a true hero.
Top Ten Moments;

Season Two;

2.03, School Hard;

Spike: Fe, fi, fo fum. I smell the blood of a nice ripe (turns to face Buffy) girl.
Buffy: (holding the ax) Do we really need weapons for this?
Spike: I just like them. They make me feel all manly.
[He drops the pole and slowly steps toward Buffy. She drops the ax.]
Spike: The last Slayer I killed... she begged for her life.
[Buffy slowly walks to the middle of the hall, watching him intently.]
Spike: You don't strike me as the begging kind.
Buffy: You shouldn'ta come here.
Spike: No. I've messed up your doilies and stuff. But I just got so bored. (smirks) I'll tell you what. As a personal favor from me to you I'll make it quick. It won't hurt a bit.
Buffy: No, Spike. It's gonna hurt a lot.

2.22, Becoming Part 2;

Spike: Hello, cutie. (smiles)

Spike: I can't fight them both alone, and neither can you!
[Buffy punches him hard in the jaw, making him flinch. He straightens back up and feels his jaw, checking for blood.]
Buffy: I hate you.
Spike: And I'm all you've got.

Season Three;

3.08, Lovers Walk;

Spike: Look, I just need a few supplies, and then I'll take you to... (stops and grabs his head) Oh, God.
Buffy: What's wrong? Not that I care.
Spike: Oh... My head. I think I'm sobering up. It's horrible. (bends over) Oh, God. I wish I was dead.
Buffy: (pulls out a stake) Well, if you close your eyes and wish real hard...
Spike: (straightens up) Hey! Back off!

Season Four;

4.09, Something Blue;

Buffy: You know what? I don't think you want us to let you go. Maybe we made it a little too comfy in here for ya.
Spike: Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide.
Buffy: You want something nicer? (She leans her head to the side, exposing her throat to him) A look at my.. poor neck? All bare and tender and exposed.. all that blood just .. pumping away..
(Spike, by this time, is all but licking his lips)
Giles: Oh, please.
Spike: Giles, make her stop.

Spike: (Sneering) I get this spell reversed, they'll be finding your body for weeks.
Buffy: Oh, make a move — please. I'm dying for a good slay.

Giles: If the two of you could remain civil long enough to—
(Cut to Buffy sitting in the chair Spike was once occupying, Spike on his knees in front of her, holding her hand)
Buffy: It's just so sudden. I don't know what to say.
Spike: Just say yes, and make me the happiest man on earth.
Buffy: Oh, Spike! Of course it's yes!

Buffy: There's so much to decide. Ceremony, guests, reception..
Spike: Well, first thing I'd say, we're not having a church wedding.
Buffy: How 'bout a daytime ceremony. In the park.
Spike: Fabulous. Enjoy your honeymoon with the big pile of dust.
Buffy: Under the trees. Indirect sunlight, only.
(Giles makes his way carefully into the living room, glass of scotch in hand. He takes a seat on the couch)
Spike: Warm breeze tosses the leaves aside, and again — you're registering as Mr and Mrs Big-Pile-of-Dust.
Buffy: Stop it! This is our wedding and you're treating it like a big joke!
Spike: Oh, pouty! Look at that lip.. gonna get it.. gonna get it..
(She giggles and they kiss and such)
Buffy: (Playfully) Oh.. stop..

Buffy: I know! It's crazy! I mean, we fought for all these years, and then.. Sometimes you just look at someone, and you know.. You know?
Riley: No..
Buffy: I think maybe we fought because we couldn't admit how we really felt about eachother. [...] But.. I love him. I do.

Spike: (To Buffy) What are you lookin' at?
Buffy: The man I love.
(They kiss. A lot.)

Season Five;

5.05, No Place Like Home;

Buffy: Spike.
Spike: Hi, Buffy.
Buffy: Don't take this the wrong way but...
[She socks him in the nose.]
Spike: Ow!
Buffy: What are you doing here? Five words or less.
[Spike counts the words on his fingers.]
Spike: Out... for... a... walk... bitch.

5.07, Fool For Love;

Buffy: Were you born this big a pain in the ass?
Spike: What can I tell you, baby? I've always been bad.

Buffy: You think we're dancing?
Spike: That's all we've ever done.

Spike: Oh... did I scare ya? You're the Slayer. Do something about it. Hit me. Come on. One good swing. You know you want to.
Buffy: I mean it.
Spike: So do I. Give it me good, Buffy. Do it!
[The tension is rising between them.]
Buffy: Spike...
[His passion aroused, Spike leans in to kiss her. She backs away.]
Buffy: What the hell are you doing?
[He grabs Buffy by the arms, his words coming in a breathless pant.]
Spike: Come on. I can feel it, Slayer. You know you want to dance.

Drusilla: You can't blame the ghoul, Spike. You're all covered with her. I look at you... all I see is the Slayer.

Buffy: What do you want now?
[Spike is about to pull the trigger when he sees her tears and through them, her pain. His rage vanishes in an instant.]
Spike: What's wrong?
Buffy: I don't want to talk about it.
[Spike lowers the gun.]
Spike: Is there something I can do?
[Buffy says nothing, the reality of her mother's situation hitting her like a steel weight, overcoming her. Spike sits down next to her and tentatively pats her back, trying to comfort her. She lets him. Pull back on the two of them, sitting together, side by side.]

5.14, Crush;

Buffy: (frowns) What are you doing?
Spike: (frowns) Wha, what do you mean what am ... I ...
Buffy: Here? At this table? Talking to me. Like we're some kind of talking buddies.
Spike: Well, I saw you ... sitting here alone. Thought, I don't know, you could, maybe do with a bit of, uh, you know, company.

Dawn: (quickly) I, I mean, you have that whole ... superpower thing, and ... you're just as tough as Buffy is, maybe tougher. (quieter) Buffy thinks so too.
Spike: She does?
Dawn: Well, she's always worried about what she's gonna do if you ever get that chip out of your head.
Spike: Is that right? So, um... (He sits back down on the coffin and Dawn leans back against the pillar) what else does Buffy say about me?

Dawn: [...] And even if I did have a crush, he wouldn't notice in a million years. Not with you around.
Buffy: What does that mean?
Dawn: Spike's totally into you.
[Buffy is speechless.]
Dawn: Oh, come on. You didn't notice? Buffy, Spike is completely in love with you.
[Buffy stares at her.]
Buffy: Huh?

Spike: [..] Something's happening to me. I can't stop thinking about you.

Spike: No, look at me! (grabs her chin and forces her to look at him) I ... love you. (Buffy jerks her chin out of his hand) You're all I bloody think about. Dream about. You're in my gut ... my throat ... I'm drowning in you, Summers, I'm drowning in you.

Spike: Like it or not, I'm in your life, you can't just shut me out.

5.18, Intervention;

Spike: (quietly) 'Cause Buffy ... the other, not so pleasant Buffy ... anything happened to Dawn, it'd destroy her. I couldn't live, her bein' in that much pain. Let Glory kill me first. Nearly bloody did.
[She frowns slightly, then leans forward and kisses him softly on the lips. Spike starts to kiss her back, frowns and pulls away. Shot of her looking at him. Spike stares at her in amazement. She turns to walk away.]
Spike: And my robot?
Buffy: (turns back) The robot is gone. The robot was gross and obscene.
Spike: (lowers his head) It wasn't supposed to-
Buffy: Don't. That ... thing, it ... it wasn't even real.
[She turns and takes a few more steps toward the door. Spike sits with his head hanging. Buffy pauses again but doesn't turn back to him. ]
Buffy: What you did, for me, and Dawn ... that was real.
[Spike lifts his head to look at her. She turns to look at him over her shoulder.]
Buffy: I won't forget it.
[She walks out, closing the door behind her. Spike stares after her.]

5.22, The Gift;

Spike: Hey. Always knew I'd go down fightin'.
Buffy: I'm counting on you ... to protect her.
Spike: Till the end of the world. Even if that happens to be tonight.
Buffy: I'll be a minute.
Spike: Yeah.
[Buffy turns to go up the stairs. Spike watches her go.]
Spike: I know you'll never love me.
[Buffy pauses halfway up the stairs, turns back to look at Spike.]
Spike: I know that I'm a monster. But you treat me like a man. And that's...
[Buffy gazes silently at him.]
Spike: Get your stuff, I'll be here.

Something Blue

Once More With Feeling

Smashed

Tabula Rasa

Intervention

Season Six;

6.03, Afterlife;

[Spike follows Buffy into the living room. She sits on the sofa and he sits on the coffee-table facing her. He takes her hands in his and looks at them. Then he looks up at her face and their eyes meet.]
Buffy: How long was I gone?
Spike: Hundred forty-seven days yesterday. Uh ... hundred forty-eight today. (smiles a little) 'Cept today doesn't count, does it?

Xander: [...] Look me in the eyes, and tell me when you saw Buffy alive, that wasn't the happiest moment of your entire existence.

Spike: But I want you to know I did save you. Not when it counted, of course, but ... after that. Every night after that. I'd see it all again ... do something different. Faster or more clever, you know? Dozens of times, lots of different ways ... (softly) Every night I save you.

Spike: Buffy.
[Buffy looks up, sees Spike standing in the alley.]
Buffy: (frowns) Spike, it's daylight and you're-
Spike: Not on fire? (looks at the sky) Sun's low enough, shady enough here.
[Buffy folds her arms around her middle.]
Spike: I was gonna go inside, but I overheard you and the Super-friends exchanging a special moment and I came over a bit queasy.
[Buffy wipes hair out of her face, doesn't seem to be listening.]
Spike: Say, aren't you leaving a hole in the middle of some soggy group hug?
Buffy: Just wanted a little time alone.
[She walks over, sits on a packing crate a few feet away from Spike. ]
Spike: Oh, uh, right then.
[He gets up, starts to walk away, reaches the line of shadow, realizes he can't leave the alley without going into the sunlight. He stops, squints at the sky.]
Buffy: That's okay. I can be alone with you here.
Spike: Thanks ever so.

6.04, Flooded;

[Pan around to Buffy's front. She just stands there, looking blank. Suddenly a cigarette butt lands on the porch by Buffy's feet. She looks down, puts out her foot and grinds it out.]
Buffy: (not looking up) Hello, Spike.
[We see Spike standing on the lawn.]
Spike: You hear all that noise? (looks toward the kitchen door)
Buffy: (nods) Just enough to make me feel crappy.
Spike: You know watcher-boy doesn't mean anything by it.
[Spike comes closer, steps onto the first stair. Buffy shrugs.
Buffy: I guess. Everyone ... (long pause) they all care. They all care so much, it ... makes it all harder.
Spike: I'm not sure I followed you around that bend, luv. (steps onto second stair)
Buffy: I don't know. I just, I feel like I'm spending all of my time trying to be okay, so they don't worry. It's exhausting. And then, I...
[She trails off, makes a frustrated gesture and then clenches her hand into a fist.]
Spike: And that makes 'em worry even more.
[Buffy looks at him, doesn't reply. Spike walks the rest of the way up onto the porch, comes to stand next to her.]
Spike: You want me to take them out? Give me a hell of a headache, but I could probably thin the herd a little.
[After a moment Buffy smiles a little. Spike looks pleased.]
Spike: Knew I could get a grin.
[They exchange a look. Buffy moves forward, sits on the top stair, sighs deeply. Spike sits beside her. ]
Buffy: Why are you always around when I'm miserable?
Spike: 'Cause that's when you're alone, I reckon. I'm not one for crowds myself these days.
[They look at each other again.]
Buffy: Me neither.
Spike: That works out nicely then.
[They sit there quietly, staring out at the night. Long shot of the two of them on the porch.]

6.05, Life Serial;

Spike: Ask questions, throw punches, find out what's in the air. Hmm? It's fun too.
Buffy: (slurred) It's not my kind of fun. (screwing cap back onto the flask)
Spike: Yeah. It is.
[She looks at him.]
Spike: (quietly) And your life's gonna get a lot less confusing when you figure that out.
Buffy: (slurred) You have had *so* too much to drink at this point, I am cuttin' you off.
[They both empty their glasses again. Buffy again makes her alcohol face.]
Buffy: Blaaah! (shakes head)
[Spike watches this with a smile.]

6.06, All The Way;

Spike: Guess I should bugger off. Something about big bads not venturing far from their crypts on Halloween.
Buffy: Good fight.
[Spike nods at her, exits. Buffy watches him go.]

6.07, Once More With Feeling;

Spike: The sun sets and she appears. (climbs up the rest of the way) Come to serenade me?
[..]
"I can lay my body down, But I can't find my sweet release .."
[He grabs the priest, stares at him. Buffy comes up behind Spike, grabs him and turns him around. Spike and Buffy tumble backward into the open grave. Spike lands on his back with Buffy on top of him. He's back in human face.]
Spike: "Let me rest in peace. Why won't you, let me rest in peace?"
[They still lie in the grave with Buffy on top. She stares at Spike for a moment, then gets off him, leaps out of the grave and runs off. Spike pokes his head up out of the grave to watch her go.]
Spike: So ... you're not staying then?

[Buffy comes out of the Bronze after Spike.]
Buffy: Hey.
Spike: You should go back inside. Finish the big group sing. Get your kum-ba-yayas out.
Buffy: I don't want to.
Spike: (sighs) The day you suss out what you do want, there'll probably be a parade. Seventy-six bloody trombones.
Buffy: Spike...
Spike: Look, you don't have to say anything.
Buffy: "I touch the fire and it freezes me."
[Spike looks surprised. They walk toward each other.]
Spike: "I died ..."
Buffy/Spike: "I look into it and it's black/ So many years ago, this isn't real/ But you can make me, but I just want to feel/Feel .."
[As they hold the last note on "feel" they walk right up to each other. They finish the song and kiss passionately.]
All: (singing) "Where do we go from here?"
[The words "The End" flash on the screen, then an image of curtains that draw closed over Buffy and Spike as they continue kissing.]

6.08, Tabula Rasa;

Spike: We have to talk.
Buffy: (stops walking, sighs) About what?
Spike: We kissed, Buffy [...] We ... we kissed, you and me. All Gone With The Wind, with the rising music, and the rising ... music, and what was that, Buffy?

[Pan around the stairs and we discover Spike and Buffy standing underneath the stairs kissing.]
"Goodbye to everything that I knew."
[Buffy pulls back for a moment, then resumes kissing Spike.]
"You were the one I loved..."

6.09, Smashed;

[She stops, sighs, turns back.]
Buffy: Spike ... it's late, okay, can we just finish this another time?
Spike: (walks closer) Oh, so you wanna jump right to the kissing then, eh?
Buffy: I am not kissing you, Spike. Once was-
Spike: Twice.
Buffy: But not again.
[She turns away again, begins walking.]
Spike: You're a tease, you know that, Slayer? (Buffy rolls her eyes, continues walking) Get a fellow's motor revving, let the tension marinate a couple-a days, then bam! Crown yourself the ice queen.
Buffy: (still walking away) Need a few more metaphors for that little mix?
[She walks off. Spike stays where he is in the alley, yelling after her.]
Spike: (yells) It's only a matter of time before you realize I'm the only one here for you, pet. You got no one else!

Buffy: Look. I'm sorry, okay? I'm-I'm sorry if you thought that it meant more.
Spike: But...
Buffy: But ... when I kissed you ... you know I was thinking about Giles, right?
Spike: You know, I always wondered about you two.
Buffy: What? (makes a face) Oh, gross, Spike! (Spike frowns) He left. I was depressed. Ergo vulnerability and, and bad kissing decisions. (Spike still frowning) Okay, but, that's all that it was. You have to let it go.
Spike: (smirking) Did it work?
Buffy: What?
Spike: You convince yourself?
Buffy: (seriously) Please, stop.
[She starts walking again. Spike follows. ]
Spike: A man can change.
[She again stops walking and faces him. ]
Buffy: You're not a man. You're a thing.
[She turns away again. Spike frowns, grabs her shoulder.]
Spike: Stop walking away.
Buffy: Don't touch me!

Spike: I wasn't planning on hurting you. (smirks) Much.
Buffy: You haven't even come close to hurting me.
Spike: Afraid to give me the chance?
[Buffy breaks his hold, throws him against a wall. Another big hole in the wall where he hits. Shot of cracks appearing in the wall.]
[Buffy grabs Spike and pushes him up against the wall.]
Spike: You afraid I'm gonna-
[Buffy shuts him up by kissing him. They kiss passionately. Buffy slams her hand into the wall, creating another hole, to get her arm around Spike's neck. Shot of pieces of the ceiling separating from each other. Buffy and Spike move away from the wall, still kissing. Spike slams Buffy up against another section of wall. Above their heads, cracks appear and widen, moving up toward the ceiling. More kissing. Buffy shoves Spike away, follows him as he stumbles backward across the room. She pushes him again and continues following. Behind her, a huge piece of ceiling falls onto the spot where they were just standing. Buffy shoves Spike up against another wall, resumes kissing him. He lifts her up against him with her legs around his waist. Buffy reaches her hand down between their bodies. Sound of a zipper. More kissing. Buffy lifts herself up and thrusts her body against Spike's. Spike looks shocked. They stare at each other for a moment. Then Buffy begins to move up and down, slowly, making an expression of pleasure. They resume kissing. Spike turns them around and pushes Buffy up against the wall. She reaches one arm up and grabs the wall behind her to steady herself. Long shot of the two of them. The chandelier falls from the ceiling, smashes on the floor. Pieces of the house continue to fall down, floorboards breaking apart. Buffy and Spike continue kissing and moving against each other. More stuff falls from the ceiling, walls disintegrating, etc. Buffy leans her head back against the wall, gasping and panting. Spike rests his head on her chest. Buffy leans forward to wrap her arms around Spike and they fall backward. The entire floor gives way and they fall through to the basement level, landing there in a huge cloud of debris and dust and bricks, etc. Spike lands on his back with Buffy on top of him. They stare into each other's eyes, both panting. ]

6.10, Wrecked;

Buffy: (frowning) When ... (looks down at Spike) When did the building fall down?
Spike: (looks around, frowns) I don't know. (Buffy looking alarmed) Must have been sometime between the first time and the, uh...
[He smirks.]
Buffy: Oh. (wincing) Oh my god.

Buffy: What did you think was gonna happen? What, we're gonna read the newspaper together, play footsie under the rubble?
[Spike shifts her so that he's holding her with one arm. He puts his other hand up under Buffy's skirt. She makes an expression of pleasure.]
Spike: (softly) Not exactly what I had in mind.
[Buffy pushes his hand away, struggles against him.]
Buffy: Stop!
Spike: (grinning) Make me.
Buffy: No! No!
[She continues struggling for about another half second and then grabs his face and kisses him. She puts her arms around his neck and moans. They kiss for a moment.]
Buffy: (pulling back) No, no, I-I have to-
Spike: Stay. I'm stuck here. (looks upward) Sun's up.
[Buffy looks at Spike for a moment, resumes kissing him. More moaning. Spike turns her around and lays her down on a pillow, lies on top of her. He moves down to kiss her neck. Buffy moans again.]

Spike: I may be dirt ... but you're the one who likes to roll in it, Slayer. You never had it so good as me. Never.
[Buffy pushes his arms off.]
Buffy: Uhh, you're bent. (moves past him to put on her jacket)
Spike: Yeah, and it made you scream, didn't it?

Spike: I'm a bit knackered. Had a long night.

Spike: Now, I admit it. You've had me by the short hairs. (softly) I love you. (glances at her) You know it. But I got my rocks back. You felt something last night.
Buffy: Not love.
Spike: Not yet. But I'm in your system now. You're gonna crave me, like I crave blood. And the next time you come crawling, if you don't stop being such a bitch, maybe I will bite you.

6.11, Gone;

Spike: (grinning) Sweetheart? My, uh ... (fondling a piece of her hair) little goldilocks?
[He toys with her hair for a moment with one hand, then the other.]
Spike: You know I love this hair. The way it bounces around when you-
[Buffy suddenly lifts her hand out of the sink, holding a spatula on trajectory toward Spike's face, but he grabs her wrist and stops it.]
Spike: Ah-ah-ah! This flapjack's not ready to be flipped.
[His other hand is on her shoulder and now drops down out of shot.]
Buffy: What the hell is that supposed to-
[Buffy breaks off with a small sigh of pleasure, closing her eyes.]
Buffy: (whispers) Stop that.

Spike: Yeah, now! But sooner or later your chums are gonna work out a way to bring you back to living color. (lets her go) You need to go. Get dressed if you can find your clothes, and push off. 'Cause if I can't have all of you, I'd rather-
[Spike breaks off, looks down toward his waist.]
Spike: Okay, that's cheating.

6.12, Doublemeat Palace;

[She just stares at him.]
Spike: You're not happy here.
Buffy: (quietly) Please don't make this harder.
Spike: You don't belong here. You're something ... you're better than this.
Buffy: I need the money.
Spike: I can get money. (gestures with his head) Walk with me now, come on.

6.13, Dead Things;

Buffy: (panting) Uh ... we missed the bed again.
Spike: (looks toward the bed) Lucky for the bed.

Buffy: I've been thinking about doing something to my room.
Spike: (moving closer to her) Yeah?
Buffy: Yeah, I think the New Kids On The Block posters are starting to date me.
Spike: (chuckles) Well, if you want, I can...
[Spike stops, looks at Buffy in surprise.]
Spike: Are we having a conversation?
Buffy: What? No! No. (pause) Maybe.

Spike: (whispers) You were amazing.

Spike: Do you even like me?
[Buffy stares at Spike. He just waits.]
Buffy: (softly) Sometimes. (looks away)

Spike: What would they think of you ... if they found out ... all the things you've done?
[He puts his hand on her bare shoulder and strokes slowly down her arm.]
Spike: If they knew ... who you really were?
[His hand moves down to her elbow and then farther down, out of shot.]
Buffy: (whispers) Don't.
Spike: Stop me.

Spike: I could feel you.

Buffy: I killed her.
Spike: I'm gonna get you home.
Buffy: No!
Spike: (firmly) I'm gonna get you home, and you're gonna crawl in your warm comfy bed and stay there! (softer) We're gonna sort this out. Trust me.

Buffy: I have to do this. Just let me go.
Spike: I can't. I love you.
Buffy: (upset) No, you don't.
Spike: (harshly) You think I haven't tried not to?

Spike: You always hurt ... the one you love, pet.

Buffy: (whispers) Why can't I stop? Why do I keep letting him in?
Tara: (concerned) Do you love him?
[Buffy just stares at her tearfully.]

6.14, Older And Far Away;

Spike: You wanna slip away for a minute, luv?
Buffy: What?
Spike: I'll let you blow out my candles.
Buffy: Here. Now? I don't think so.
Spike: Oh, what, you worried about Richard? You don't wanna make your new boyfriend jealous, huh?
Buffy: (grinning) Shut up. He's ... sweet.
Spike: (teasing) "Oh, shut up, he's sweet."
Buffy: Maybe he's not the jealous one.

6.15, As You Were;

Buffy: No, Spike.
Spike: No? What kind of answer is that, you haven't even heard the question yet.
Buffy: I don't have to. We both know what you're thinking.
Spike: (grins) And we both know ... that I'm not the only one thinking it [...] I hear you're serious. So am I. I want you ... you want me...
[Buffy has her back up against the tree and Spike is right in her face.]
Spike: ...I can't go inside, so ... maybe the time is right ... for you to come outside.
[Buffy sighs, looks at the house, then back at Spike. He slowly leans in to kiss her. They kiss, Buffy drops the paper bag on the ground, and Spike pulls her around so that the tree obscures them from our view.]

Buffy: (quietly) Tell me you love me.
Spike: (surprised) I love you. You know I do.
[She takes a couple of steps closer.]
Buffy: Tell me you want me.
Spike: (whispers) I always want you. In point of fact-
Buffy: Shut up.
[Buffy moves as if to kiss him, but instead she hooks her hand around his neck and pulls him down onto the coffin-couch. Buffy lies down on her back with Spike on top of her. She begins unbuttoning his shirt. Spike pulls at the fastenings on Buffy's bulletproof vest. She stares at his face, pushes the partially unbuttoned shirt down on his shoulders, then uses it to pull him down for a kiss.]

6.16, Hells Bells;

Spike: (quietly) Hello, Buffy.
Buffy: Hey.
Spike: It's a happy occasion. You meet my friend?
Buffy: No. Not yet. But she seems like a very nice attempt at making me jealous.
Spike: (small smile) Is it working?
Buffy: (quietly) A little. It doesn't change anything ... but if you're wildly curious, yeah, it hurts.
Spike: (softly) I'm sorry.

Spike: (quietly) It's nice to watch you be happy. For them, even. I don't see it a lot. You, uh... you glow.
Buffy: (smiles) That's because the dress is radioactive.
[Spike snorts. They share an amused moment.]
Buffy: I should...
Spike: Yeah.
[She starts to walk past him.]
Spike: But it hurts?
[She stops, turns back.]
Buffy: Yeah.
Spike: (quietly) Thanks.
[He turns and walks off. Buffy watches him go.]
Buffy: (to herself) You're welcome.

6.17, Normal Again;

Spike: Yeah, well ... some people can't see a good thing when they've got it.

6.18, Entropy;

Buffy: You know why? I tried to kill my friends, my sister, last week ... and guess how much they hate me. Zero. Zero much. (shrugs) So I'm thinking, sleeping with you? (Spike looking annoyed) They'll deal.
[She turns to go. Spike lets the Vampire go. He falls to the ground and rushes at Buffy from behind.]
Spike: In that case, why won't you sleep with me again?
[Vampire pauses, looks back at Spike in confusion.]
Vampire: Huh?
[Buffy turns back, stakes the vamp and glares at Spike. Turns again and resumes walking.]
Buffy: (quietly as she walks away) Because I don't love you.
[Spike looks down, pouts.]
Spike: (to himself) Like hell.

Spike: (quietly) I don't hurt you.
[He walks a few steps away.]
Buffy: I know.
Spike: No, you don't. I've tried to make it clear to you, but you won't see it. (pauses) Something happened to me. The way I feel ... about you ... it's different. And no matter how hard you try to convince yourself it isn't, it's real.
Buffy: I think it is.

6.19, Seeing red;

Dawn: Do you really love her?
[Spike doesn't answer, just looks pained.]
Dawn: Then how could you do that to her?
Spike: (still not looking at her) Oh, right , 'cause Big Sis was treating me so well up until that point. (Dawn sighing in exasperation) Must still be a bit of the evil left in me after all.
Dawn: I don't know what happened betweenyou two. But what you did last night ... If you wanted to hurt Buffy, congratulations. (quietly) It worked.
[Dawn turns to leave. Close on Spike staring sadly into his drink as the door closes.]

Spike: (softly) I'm sorry. Not that it matters any more, but I needed you to know that.
Buffy: Why?
Spike: Because I care about you.
Buffy: Then you might want to try the not sleeping with my friends.
Spike: I didn't go to Anya for that. I was looking for a spell.
Buffy: (outraged) You were going to use a spell on me?
Spike: (sighs, exasperated) It wasn't for you! I wanted something . (puts hand on his chest) Anything to make these feelings stop. (angrier) I just wanted it to stop!
[Buffy looks taken aback. Spike sighs, calms down.]
Spike: (softly) You should have let him kill me.
Buffy: (softly) I couldn't do that.
Spike: Why?
Buffy: (moving back toward the tub) You know why.
Spike: Because you love me.
[Buffy bends over the tub, again with one hand on her back.]
Buffy: (annoyed) No. I don't.
Spike: Why do you keep lying to yourself?
Buffy: (whirls around to face him again) How many times-
[She pauses, composes herself.]
Buffy: (calmer) I have feelings for you. I do. But it's not love. I could never trust you enough for it to be love.
Spike: (laughing) Trust is for old marrieds, Buffy. (Buffy rolling her eyes) Great love is wild ... and passionate and dangerous. It burns and consumes.
Buffy: Until there's nothing left. Love like that doesn't last.
Spike: (pacing) I know you feel like I do. You don't have to hide it anymore.
Buffy: Spike, please stop this.
Spike: (whispers) Let yourself feel it.

Season Seven;

7.02, Beneath You;

Buffy: You got your soul back. How?
Spike: It's what you wanted, right? (looking at the ceiling) It's what you wanted, right? (presses his fingers to his temples, looks down, and walks toward the altar). And—and now everybody's in here, talking. Everything I did...everyone I— and him... and it... the other, the thing beneath—beneath you. It's here too. Everybody. They all just tell me go... go... (looks back over his shoulder to Buffy) to hell.
Buffy: Why? Why would you do that—
Spike: Buffy, shame on you. Why does a man do what he mustn't? For her. To be hers. To be the kind of man who would nev— (looks away) to be a kind of man. She shall look on him with forgiveness, and everybody will forgive and love. He will be loved.

7.05, Help;

Buffy: (compassionate and patient) Spike.
Spike: I'm in trouble, Buffy.
Buffy: I can help you.
Spike: I could never ask. Not after...
Buffy: It's different. You're different.
Spike: I could never ask.
Buffy: Spike, it's me. It's you and it's me, and we'll get through this.
Spike: Never...
[Spike's nervously got his hand behind his ear, and Buffy reached to hold his hand.]
Buffy: We'll get through this.

7.06, Him;

Dawn: So, what is it?
Buffy: What's what?
Dawn: Last night, you said you weren't helping Spike out of pity. What is it?
Buffy: It's a good question. (sips her drink through a straw)
Dawn: Is sitting there drinking soda some kind of a Zen non-answer?
Buffy: (puts sunglasses on top of her head) No, I just... I don't know what I'm feeling. I think I can't stand him, but sometimes...
Dawn: You love him?
Buffy: No. I—I feel for him.

7.09, Never Leave Me;

Buffy: Be easier, wouldn't it, it if were an act, but it's not. (walks toward him) You faced the monster inside of you and you fought back. You risked everything to be a better man.
Spike: Buffy...
Buffy: (in his face) And you can be. You are. You may not see it, but I do. I do. I believe in you, Spike.

7.20, Touched;

Spike: You listen to me. (kneels in front of her) I've been alive a bit longer than you, and dead a lot longer than that. I've seen things you couldn't imagine, and done things I prefer you didn't. I don't exactly have a reputation for being a thinker. I follow my blood, which doesn't exactly rush in the direction of my brain. So I make a lot of mistakes, a lot of wrong bloody calls. (looks into her eyes) A 100+ years, and there's only one thing I've ever been sure of: you. (Buffy looks away; he reaches toward her face) Hey, look at me. I'm not asking you for anything. When I say, "I love you," it's not because I want you or because I can't have you. It has nothing to do with me. (a tear rolls down Buffy's cheek) I love what you are, what you do, how you try. I've seen your kindness and your strength. I've seen the best and the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy.

7.22, Chosen;

Buffy: (worried) Spike!
Spike: I mean it! I gotta do this. (holds out his hand to stop her)
[Buffy laces her fingers through Spike's, and they burst into flame together.]
Buffy: (softly, looks into his eyes) I love you.
Icons;

Sites that have Spuffy;
The BtVS Writers' Guild
Fonts of Wisdom -- Pryde&Wisdom/Excalibur (and more) Fan-Fiction
Buffy Fiction Archive
All About Spike - Fanfiction that explores Spike's ambiguities
Insane Buffy Fans
BloodyLovePoetry
My Last Breath ... v. 1.5 :::Secret Desires, Hidden Love:::
Jaime Bee's
.: Blood Lust :.
s.h.a.d.y d.e.s.i.g.n.s // Bound To Happen
Lizaria Dot Net: Buffy Entertainment
Beloved Temptation
{Effulgent Reflections} {a buffy music video site}
Unrequited - A Buffy/Angel Fansite
……. ~ ~ ~ >> Storyteller << ~ ~ ~ …….
Buffy Galaxy
Spikey Lover's Music Videos!

Author sites;
Welcome to Death-Marked Love: Main Menu
Impisheyes - Vampires with a Soul
Sabershadowkat's Home Page
The House of Bloodshed
Forbidden Love: Kantayra's Buffy the Vampire Slayer Fanfiction
Sinfully Yours Fictions
Musing Past Midnight - Fanfiction by Limerickgirl
we are all beautiful freaks
Buffy & Spike Ever After - main
Fanfiction by NautiBitz
Of Fangs and Fairy Tales
RipeWicked Plum's Fics
SPIKEALICIOUS.COM
Tales of the Slayer

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Supreme Fan

TFTNT

Gorgeous op

I have to go,

night girls
Passion, it lies in all of us. It speaks to us, guides us. Passion rules us all, and we obey. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace but we would be hollow. Without passion we'd be truly dead.
Barbara
icon by pinkpaisley_art
Old 09-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

TFTNT!

Yay, more Spuffy!

Old 09-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

YW.

Night.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aww, goodnight.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love our OP.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

I do too, bb.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 09-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Great GIF.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's So dirty!

Old 09-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Ultimate Fan

It is.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 09-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

The way they are both grinning at each other.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think that spell had been the happiest either had ever been. Then Willow took it away. I bet they both felt empty after.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Dumb crack whore... She never does anything right.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top