Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2019, 10:22 AM
  #16
Moderator Support Team

 
diamonds are forever's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 326,579
She was a villain in love.
__________________
"did you hate fake dating me?"
"yes."
"why?"
"because it was fake... i hated it because it was fake."

{ryan ♡ deok-mi}
diamonds are forever is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 11:38 AM
  #17
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 450,442
^ Seems like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Me too, I know she's the villain at that point, but I do feel bad for her

She'd wanted Angelus back for 100+ years & she thought she finally had him...
Such sad tale... waited 100 years for him and never got him back.
I am always happy for Angel/Darla story but my selfish side needed another Angelus/Darla moment.
__________________
Rest in Power, King | 1977 - 2020
"You have to cherish things in a different way when you know the clock is ticking, you are under pressure."
TRUE HERO
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 12:00 PM
  #18
Fan Forum Star

 
starryeyesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 132,720
Yes, just one more to see what it would be like... Angelus never even mentioned her when he was around, but I do think that he would have gone back to being completely whipped by her if she had actually been alive the times that he had resurfaced.
__________________
Sophie
starryeyesxx is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 12:24 PM
  #19
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 450,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yes, just one more to see what it would be like... Angelus never even mentioned her when he was around, but I do think that he would have gone back to being completely whipped by her if she had actually been alive the times that he had resurfaced.

In season 2 of BTVS it made sense that he didn't mention her because clearly the writers didn't have his whole timeline before Buffy mapped out good.
Tim Minear helped with that when he joined in... and obviously he joined in season 1 of Angel... so he made sure to add more to their history!

I do like though that the sire scene was always perfect.

However even when you look at the scenes of The Master and Darla in season 1 of BTVS, you can see how much stuff got changed.

The Master even said he missed Angel... definitely not believable. lol Seeing as how Darla left the Master because of Angelus... so I'm not see where/how he would miss Angel.


Probably it goes back to more missing flashbacks? Since it's even mentioned that Darla offered Angel a chance to rule the world in the Master's court...

Than season 2 of BTVS when Spike first came to the series he referred to Angel as his sire... and that was a clear change that happened later on the series....

Angelus only mentioned Darla to get under Connor's skin on the Angel series. lol
It is just intriguing to see how things would've went if they had reunited in the present since so many things were so different.


__________________
Rest in Power, King | 1977 - 2020
"You have to cherish things in a different way when you know the clock is ticking, you are under pressure."
TRUE HERO
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 07:02 AM
  #20
Moderator Support Team

 
diamonds are forever's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 326,579
You are so knowledgeable about all this!
__________________
"did you hate fake dating me?"
"yes."
"why?"
"because it was fake... i hated it because it was fake."

{ryan ♡ deok-mi}
diamonds are forever is offline  
Old 04-21-2019, 06:25 PM
  #21
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 450,442
^ Of course! I know my history when it comes to certain pairings and storylines.
__________________
Rest in Power, King | 1977 - 2020
"You have to cherish things in a different way when you know the clock is ticking, you are under pressure."
TRUE HERO
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:08 AM
  #22
Fan Forum Star

 
starryeyesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 132,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

In season 2 of BTVS it made sense that he didn't mention her because clearly the writers didn't have his whole timeline before Buffy mapped out good.
Tim Minear helped with that when he joined in... and obviously he joined in season 1 of Angel... so he made sure to add more to their history!

I do like though that the sire scene was always perfect.

However even when you look at the scenes of The Master and Darla in season 1 of BTVS, you can see how much stuff got changed.

The Master even said he missed Angel... definitely not believable. lol Seeing as how Darla left the Master because of Angelus... so I'm not see where/how he would miss Angel.


Probably it goes back to more missing flashbacks? Since it's even mentioned that Darla offered Angel a chance to rule the world in the Master's court...

Than season 2 of BTVS when Spike first came to the series he referred to Angel as his sire... and that was a clear change that happened later on the series....

Angelus only mentioned Darla to get under Connor's skin on the Angel series. lol
It is just intriguing to see how things would've went if they had reunited in the present since so many things were so different.


Yeah, there were definitely things that didn't make sense, but I do think that more flashbacks could have brought everything together - the writers would have felt the need to though, which I guess they didn't

I do think there could been a scenario where maybe Angelus & Darla did spend some time with the Master at some point

The sire scene was perfect though, even if they didn't mean to back then, they were building their story perfectly
__________________
Sophie
starryeyesxx is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 09:52 AM
  #23
Moderator Support Team

 
diamonds are forever's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 326,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
^ Of course! I know my history when it comes to certain pairings and storylines.
I'm that way, too.
__________________
"did you hate fake dating me?"
"yes."
"why?"
"because it was fake... i hated it because it was fake."

{ryan ♡ deok-mi}
diamonds are forever is offline  
Old 04-22-2019, 03:31 PM
  #24
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 450,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah, there were definitely things that didn't make sense, but I do think that more flashbacks could have brought everything together - the writers would have felt the need to though, which I guess they didn't


I think the issue is that I did feel a lot of times certain writers cared more about the agenda pairing of Buffy/Angel that they never wanted to extremely write to that perfect level for others. Which is why I'm shocked that Angel/Darla or even Spike/Buffy [during season 7] got the writing that they got.

I prefer writers who can write the pairings equally! You can have many loves of your life and not have any of them diminish if you give the good writing that makes sense.

I always said if I wrote a tv show or a book I'd do that! Also I think if I have a character move on, I'll really have that happen...
I would've loved to have dealt with a Angelus/Darla story since it really was so captivating and so much history to unfold.


Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Yeah, there were definitely things that didn't make sense, but I do think that more flashbacks could have brought everything together - the writers would have felt the need to though, which I guess they didn't

I do think there could been a scenario where maybe Angelus & Darla did spend some time with the Master at some point

The sire scene was perfect though, even if they didn't mean to back then, they were building their story perfectly

Well the only way that makes sense is if Angelus & Darla returned back to the Master after they left him. It's so much stuff that is missing when it comes to Darla and the Master... it seems that Darla and Angelus spent time with the Master but Angelus didn't like the way the Master lived and wanted Angelus to himself in a way....
So obviously Angelus & Darla eventually adventured out by themselves for a long time and than Dru and Spike joined in and it was those 4 until Angelus lost his soul.
Darla was alone for about 2 years and than Angel returned to her and than he left for good and obviously it was probably Darla, Spike and Dru and ultimately Darla adventured on by herself and reunited back with the Master who welcomed her with opened arms since he cared for her so much and she was his favorite and as he predicted, he knew that Angelus & Darla would only be together for a century....



We both enjoy when pairings are unintentionally build perfectly. And that sire scene was perfect before we realized how big Angelus and Darla was going to be.



Quote:
Originally Posted by in love with you dummy (View Post)
I'm that way, too.
I guess keep re-watching your favorite pairing helps as well. lol
__________________
Rest in Power, King | 1977 - 2020
"You have to cherish things in a different way when you know the clock is ticking, you are under pressure."
TRUE HERO
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 05:06 AM
  #25
Fan Forum Star

 
starryeyesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 132,720
I feel the same way about that kind of writing - I think that some people like to believe that there is that one person, who you love most of all & always will & no one else can compare. I think that you can love multiple people throughout your life, & it's never about who you love 'more', because you change so much throughout life, that what you want/need in a relationship changes & every relatioship & love is different that you can't compare them. For me, bangel was done after he left Sunnydale, I'd say that it took them both about year to get over each other, & then it was as if they both held on to the idea of their relationship because they'd both built it up so much in their minds. It's like they had outgrown each other, but sometimes just refused to accept it

I can see the whole thing with the Master playing out that way, there are plenty of decades missing from their story, so I could see a scenario where enough time had passed for Darla to convince Angelus to spend some time with the Master again, the Master taking them in after a little convincing - he was probably impressed with how cruel Angelus could be - then Angelus getting sick the whole thing again
__________________
Sophie
starryeyesxx is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 12:35 PM
  #26
Moderator Support Team

 
diamonds are forever's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 326,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

I guess keep re-watching your favorite pairing helps as well. lol
True, true.
__________________
"did you hate fake dating me?"
"yes."
"why?"
"because it was fake... i hated it because it was fake."

{ryan ♡ deok-mi}
diamonds are forever is offline  
Old 04-24-2019, 02:07 PM
  #27
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 450,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I feel the same way about that kind of writing - I think that some people like to believe that there is that one person, who you love most of all & always will & no one else can compare. I think that you can love multiple people throughout your life, & it's never about who you love 'more', because you change so much throughout life, that what you want/need in a relationship changes & every relatioship & love is different that you can't compare them. For me, bangel was done after he left Sunnydale, I'd say that it took them both about year to get over each other, & then it was as if they both held on to the idea of their relationship because they'd both built it up so much in their minds. It's like they had outgrown each other, but sometimes just refused to accept it

I can see the whole thing with the Master playing out that way, there are plenty of decades missing from their story, so I could see a scenario where enough time had passed for Darla to convince Angelus to spend some time with the Master again, the Master taking them in after a little convincing - he was probably impressed with how cruel Angelus could be - then Angelus getting sick the whole thing again


Yup and that's what I dislike with a lot of this show with this false narrative of believing there is only ONE good love and you can't move forward with your life because I think that sort of gives people a fake perspective of how life is really going to be. It's just not true. I always define loves as kid crush, first love, real love, the main love... and the other one you thought you truly loved and by breaking up with them and finidng someone else, you realized your love for the past person wasn't as strong as you thought it was.

Most of these writers with this nonsense of "the one" and that's it is simply ridiculous. And with Angel, I did feel in a way that the writers tried to sabotage any chance of a new love for Angel because they had their Bangel blinders on.

I mean it took Joss until AFTER the series was over to realize... oh Spike might have been better for Buffy because he actually fraught for his soul and he sees it more long lasting than Buffy/Angel....

The only reason that rape attempt in Seeing Red happened was because Joss interfered and pretty much was tired of the way Spike was written and said he wanted everyone to remember that he is a soulless vampire.

My issue with that is that the whole thing was Joss and the writers fault to begin with because they are the ones who wrote Angelus so different without the soul vs with the soul. Spike without the soul was just not as bad as Angel was because he always had that little bit of humanity in him... even when he had the chip in his brain, he wasn't one dimensional.

I just felt that any couple from Spike/Dru, Spike/Buffy and Angel/Darla.. and even to a lesser extent, Angel/Cordy would always get ruined just to serve the Bangel ship... and it didn't make much sense to me.


I pretty much agree with you as well, I felt they both moved on from each other after a good amount of time and that's okay! It's okay to say they loved each other so much yet they also were finally able to move on and love others because it happens in life and it doesn't take from what they shared with one another.

When it comes to the Master/Darla/Angelus stuff, we will just have to speculate. lol
__________________
Rest in Power, King | 1977 - 2020
"You have to cherish things in a different way when you know the clock is ticking, you are under pressure."
TRUE HERO
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 04-25-2019, 02:23 AM
  #28
Fan Forum Star

 
starryeyesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 132,720
I don't think so much of 'this is why Spike is better for Buffy', I just think she was a different person as she got older & different things happen to her - just like it does with all of us. Buffy & Spike wouldn't have made sense in seasons 1-3, just like Buffy & Angel shouldn't have made sense in season 4 & onward, like I literally cannot picture them together then, because their relationship always seemed so naive, & I don't know how they would work together as they both became more complex characters. I think that their relationship would have held back their character growth, & that was part of the problem with the writers not willing to let it go completely - because whenever they did come back together again, it felt out of place & like they were both taking steps back. & I definitely agree that the writers holding onto bangel like they did did taint their other relationships.

It is so unrealistic that you love one person & never really move on from them, you can still have love for them, but it doesn't hold you back from loving someone else just as much - unless you're choosing to hold yourself back from new relationships because, for whatever reason, you need to hold on to the belief that they first relationship was so important for whatever reason - like people that are desperate to believe that they have a 'meant to be' relationship, because they're terrified that actually it's all down to their own choices
__________________
Sophie
starryeyesxx is offline  
Old 04-25-2019, 08:59 AM
  #29
Fan Forum Legend

 
eternalfate's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 450,442


Angel grew as a person through his friendships in LA! First it was Doyle and than so on and I think it made Angel really truly care about others while really making a difference because in Sunnydale, he was just a vampire with a soul who was in love but he didn't really make any big impact in the world.

Clearly both Buffy and Angel are better without each other in terms of the impact they had in the world.

I agree with you about that being unrealistic. I will say that for some people it is realistic to have that love that you will always love and never will move on from but my issue with a lot of these shows is that they have a person stay in love with the one person even if it makes no sense. Even in toxic relationship [GG] moving on from that toxic is a crime although we see how much better it is when the character moved on.

To come back to Angel/Darla, what I loved with them was that they had that history and that they didn't really fall entwined with the Bangel since they existed before them. lol So Angelus type came from Darla and than continued on in time!

Darla is the only one who had as big as impact on both Angelus and Angel.
__________________
Rest in Power, King | 1977 - 2020
"You have to cherish things in a different way when you know the clock is ticking, you are under pressure."
TRUE HERO
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
eternalfate is offline  
Old 04-25-2019, 09:22 AM
  #30
Moderator Support Team

 
diamonds are forever's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 326,579
Wow. So much thought in here.
__________________
"did you hate fake dating me?"
"yes."
"why?"
"because it was fake... i hated it because it was fake."

{ryan ♡ deok-mi}
diamonds are forever is offline  
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2020, Fan Forum.


TEST