Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2019, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

It would have been so bittersweet, I think I would have been overloaded with feels
Old 01-12-2019, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
It would have been so bittersweet, I think I would have been overloaded with feels

Definitely seeing how much we felt with the great scenes we already got. lol
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
Old 01-12-2019, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I just know that David & Julie would have killed us even more if they got that kind of material
Old 01-12-2019, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Definitely because Julie always brought out the best in David acting wise! No one can tell me differently! Not about shipping or anything, his best acting happened when she was around and than he just continued getting better after she left!
Old 01-13-2019, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree, in fact I think that's why I'm not really big on other Angel ships
Old 01-13-2019, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Because the acting wasn't there for you and it didn't feel as powerful as it was when he was with Darla?
Old 01-13-2019, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I mean he had some real heart-wrenching scenes with SMG, & I was always so pulled into her acting & my heart broke for her, but I never felt that with David in their scenes.

I only really felt how much he was suffering in his angsty scenes with Julie, & some of the Angel/Connor scenes too
Old 01-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Correct and it's probably because for as great as SMG was, she wasn't the acting partner for David to make David bring his A game... it's not a knock on SMG though since she's one of my top 3 fav actress of all time. But SMG and David as acting partners didn't work for me as it did with David/Julie when you knew both were always going to be at their top A game.

His best acting scenes of the series was when Darla got sired and when Connor got taken away and that hospital scene with Wes.
All connected to Darla in someway.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly. SMG is a phenomenal actress, & she couldn't have done anything any better, I just didn't feel it with her & David. It's not about skill, it's just kinda random. But I definitely felt it with David & Julie, which is obviously going to help me enjoy their scenes a lot more

& those scenes you mentioned are incredible, defintely David's best!
Old 01-13-2019, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I always tell you everytime we re-watch the Trail... David acting at that last scene. His eyes and everything! How David got in that zone was just wow... It was like his whole world was slipping away and he was powerless to stop it.

Stuff like that is why as you mentioned, you felt the love story with Angel and Darla probably more than Angel's other ships... with Angel ships it was mostly about words and with Darla it was the actions and reactions.

David definitely shined in those moments.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

He really was great in that last scene! That whole arc really brought his acting to the next level imo, like the intensity in the last scene in Darla too

& you've definitely got a point there about Angel/Darla being more about actions. I mean, Angel was always trying so hard to deny what he still felt for Darla, so if I was just going by words, I probably wouldn't ship them at all

But, depsite what he said, there was always this pull back to her & their chemistry was amazing too!
Old 01-13-2019, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Interesting thing with Angelus is that it was different with him... when it came to words, you can feel and hear his love for Darla. lol
When Angel, it was about what he did... even when he wanted to go through everything to get her soul back, Darla asked him why... he never answered and just went through with the mission.

Probably even for Angel, he couldn't describe how his feelings for Darla was.
Whereas with Angelus, it was always much easier for him.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was, Angelus was always really poetic with his words as well, so I loved hearing things that were romantic, but not generic either & could really only apply to them & not any other couple
Old 01-13-2019, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^Yes Angelus was very poetic with his words when it came to Darla... I thought the poetry thing was only a Spike thing.

But yeah, even when Darla was in fatal condition, he had to fight to find her a cure and he told her about clawing from the depths of hell to lay by her side.. like the current thread title.
Old 01-13-2019, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that, because he was always pretty descriptive with what he'd say & you know that's it's literal too, he would actually do that if he had to