Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-01-2019, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I love that! They both remembered every word over 100 years later
Old 01-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It makes sense because it was probably one of the main defining moments of their relationship and it's one of the rare times where you can clearly see that Angel felt everything that he told Darla has Angelus. He still wanted to give her the world and that view she wanted.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

He did, even though she was still in a place where he couldn't know if she was gonna go down a good path or a bad one, he wanted to be there & as involved as he could
Old 01-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
He did, even though she was still in a place where he couldn't know if she was gonna go down a good path or a bad one, he wanted to be there & as involved as he could
Yes he did, he just wanted to be there for her. He couldn't get her out of his mind at all.
Even when he was searching for her, he just wanted to find a place with a view since it's what she loves.

His feelings as Angelus when it came to Darla continued with him even when he got the soul.

So, I think that probably the best way I can see it as that if you have no soul and fall for someone than WITH the soul, the feeling will be as strong.
It really only happened with Buffy/Spike and Angelus/Darla.

I believe right? lol

Spike loved Buffy without the soul and than with the soul it definitely grew and he learnt how to have selfless real love for her.

With Angelus and Darla, they both were soulless and Angelus wanted her to have the world and everything! he wanted Darla in his life forever and with the soul, he just wanted to still be with her. Unfortunately it didn't work but yet again, he wanted to be with her when she was human.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't know, I'd say that Spike & Drusilla love each other too & from what we saw that vampire couple in 3x01 as well - but it's one of those things that writers weren't consistent on, so can never really say for sure

But either way, it was still all about Darla for Angel/us, it just all came back to her
Old 01-04-2019, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't know, I'd say that Spike & Drusilla love each other too & from what we saw that vampire couple in 3x01 as well - but it's one of those things that writers weren't consistent on, so can never really say for sure

But either way, it was still all about Darla for Angel/us, it just all came back to her

But Spike and Dru were always souless during their love affair. I was talking about the ones who cared about someone with or without the soul.
We never saw how Spike was with Dru without the soul since she wasn't on the show anymore... only thing closest to it would be when the first met before she turned him into a vampire.

But yes, I believed that Spike loved Dru.
Their whole story got ruined for me when Angelus returned though.

I do believe if giving the same story for Spike/Dru though... if Spike got cursed with a soul, Spike would have went back to Dru as well... and I sort of believe probably Dru would've been different than how Darla was?

Spike, Angelus, Darla and Dru were all written completely different as soulles vampires.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh ok, I thought we were just talking about if vampires had been shown to love or not

& I agree, they were written different to other vampires. Yeah, they were evil, but they had so many layers to them - I guess that made their morals more ambiguous, they were undoubtedly evil, but they could be good when it suited them & their motives.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh ok, I thought we were just talking about if vampires had been shown to love or not

& I agree, they were written different to other vampires. Yeah, they were evil, but they had so many layers to them - I guess that made their morals more ambiguous, they were undoubtedly evil, but they could be good when it suited them & their motives.

Spike has always shown the love probably more than the other vampires and you are correct, probably it's the way he was as a human and those qualities transferred over when he was a vampire. When Spike was human, he really loved his mother and was even doing poetry and when he turned to a vampire, he still actually loved his mother and never wanted to hurt her... and he still had the love part.

Dru was a bit insane when she was human and became more insane as a vampire.

Darla was a prostitute but it's not much we knew about how she was as a person, we just knew she wanted to survive and she really didn't seem to have anyone by her side so most likely a rough past.

Angelus was a bit rebellious and hated his father... and that definitely transferred over when he was a vampire.

So, I actually would like that theory a bit more that parts of when you are human transfer to your vampire state although I don't like how the writers pick and choose how and when ti change thing especially when it comes to the soul and the soulless.

Harmony was the exact same as a vampire and human. Didn't take her seriously as a human or as a vampire... she was never a real threat...

When it comes to Angelus/Darla that's why the scene when she choose Angelus over the Master was just so powerful because Darla and the Master was really close and she was his favorite!
Old 01-05-2019, 09:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It makes sense in a way, because Giles said at the beginning that they are demons that act & look the same as the person you knew, but... if they have the same personalities, same memories & some of the same feelings, then how much of a difference they can be? Or are they not really 'taken over' by demons, but that's simply what a person becomes without a soul & a biological bloodlust?

We'll never figure it out though, because I think we've thought about it more than they ever did

& it was such a big deal! Not to mention they power that she had with the Master, he was like a vampire king, so leaving him was a big risk in a lot of ways & she hadn't even know Angelus that long - I think.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

So many great scenes and gifsets of these two!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 01-05-2019, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It makes sense in a way, because Giles said at the beginning that they are demons that act & look the same as the person you knew, but... if they have the same personalities, same memories & some of the same feelings, then how much of a difference they can be? Or are they not really 'taken over' by demons, but that's simply what a person becomes without a soul & a biological bloodlust?

We'll never figure it out though, because I think we've thought about it more than they ever did

& it was such a big deal! Not to mention they power that she had with the Master, he was like a vampire king, so leaving him was a big risk in a lot of ways & she hadn't even know Angelus that long - I think.

Yup pretty much and I guess in some cases it really depends on who brings you up and trains you because Dru taught Spike a whole lot differently from how Darla taught Angelus. So, I guess that also contributes a lot in it as well. Their personalities transfers from their human side but how evil they are is by how they are taught, which was why Darla was a mother and lover to Angelus. lol

You are right, we thought about it more.

Yup! She already had the big connection with Angelus. And of course he with her!
She really respected the Master, but he was never the one romantically for her. Angelus was EVERYTHING for Darla, that she wanted.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I guess if you're someone who didn't have a lot of power when you were human, your personality is gonna change more because you enjoy having that power & might throw it around a bit more. If you weren't the best person to begin with, then maybe you're more likely to have the same kind of personality

That & who shows you 'how' to be a vampire must have a lot of influence too

& Angelus was everything that Darla wanted. All that time with the master, she must have felt like there was something missing & then she saw Angel at the bar & she knew what she needed