Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yup and than of course the next episode "Redefinition" made me more confused.

Only because the narrative made it seem like they were deeply in love...... TO ME it felt that way. When we hear what Angel said and Darla turning around when Dru mentioned him and said, "Angel" Darla the vampire missing the heartbeat. And Angel remember being so close with her.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh God, those moments

I love how it shook Darla too, not just Angel. I mean, when she said 'Angel' the way that she did, I know it could seem like she was just playing him because he was trying to killl her, but considering everything that came before & after, I think it was a genuine moment for her - he got under her skin just as much as she did his
Old 02-02-2018, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
Oh God, those moments

I love how it shook Darla too, not just Angel. I mean, when she said 'Angel' the way that she did, I know it could seem like she was just playing him because he was trying to killl her, but considering everything that came before & after, I think it was a genuine moment for her - he got under her skin just as much as she did his

Those moments were just so well done. It just felt like they were 2 people in love who couldn't be near each other.

I feel the same way, when she said "Angel" it felt like she was playing him however as the episode went along, I felt different... because she was pretty upset with Dru for changing her into a vampire. Being a vampire again is something that Darla didn't automatically accept and love.

Unlike with Angelus, anytime Angel turns to Angelus, he's automatically accepting and happy. For Darla it was different because she missed being a human and she missed her time with Angel.

I always wondered what would've happened if Angel found Darla before Dru did...
Old 02-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Me too! I don't think it would have ended well - he was going to have to try to kill her & there was no way she was just going to let him, but I'm sure they would have talked a little between a bit of fighting & it would have been interesting to see what came up...
Old 02-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well from what we seen in "Redefinition" he probably would've TRIED to kill her but it wouldn't have work.... he still felt too close to her so I think Darla could've used perfect manipulation but their conversation would have been interesting to see.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't think he would have been able to do it, but he would have told her to leave town - much like he did in 2x16, he had the chance to kill her then but instead just said that he'd kill her the next time he saw her - & that was after weeks of trying to hunt her down
Old 02-09-2018, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I don't even think he would have told her to leave town though. Because Angel just still wasn't in the right mindset... it was having sex with Darla which was the Epiphany for him.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

True, but surely that's even more of a reason that he should he been able to killer her in 2x16?
Old 02-09-2018, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah... just really confusion to know what could've happened because in general I actually felt the writers did a poor job (AT TIMES) at really explaining Angel feelings about Darla. Which is why at times it felt why Darla cared so much more... although with Angelus, it seemed like Angelus it seemed sort of equal to me.

In "Redefinition" it was written as Angel losing a person he LOVED in Darla....

I think the narrative to always want Angel to love ONE PERSON in Buffy didn't work for certain storylines or really didn't make things make sense.

They pulled the same nonsense when they wanted to pimp out Cordy/Angel... making it seem like Angel would kill Darla (the person caring his child) for Cordy......
The storyline, at least in "Offspring" was more about Cordy than Angel REALIZING he can possibly have a kid so that's actually an episode I hate watching for that reason.

I actually wish that Tim Minear wrote the episode... because we all know he hated Cordy/Angel together and preferred writing ACTUAL story for Darla/Angel even if he had that staking idea of when they were sleeping together. But I feel he would have handled Offspring better than was was written.

Like Minear handled, "Tim Minear" perfectly. He captured Darla's emotion and Angel's,
it wasn't about anyone else as it SHOULD NOT! have been....

This should have been like a huge shock to Angel seeing Darla pregnant... a child he never thought he ever would have.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I feel the same way about Offspring, like when she first shows up & Angel is just worried about Cordelia knowing that he slept with her......& not the fact that his vampire ex is pregnant with his child! Something that should be completely impossible, & yet here it is, his one chance in 200+ years of becoming a father. That definitely should have been the priority & they should have gone into his feeling about it more, but it was just so sloppy
Old 02-09-2018, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I feel the same way about Offspring, like when she first shows up & Angel is just worried about Cordelia knowing that he slept with her......& not the fact that his vampire ex is pregnant with his child! Something that should be completely impossible, & yet here it is, his one chance in 200+ years of becoming a father. That definitely should have been the priority & they should have gone into his feeling about it more, but it was just so sloppy
I agree, I don't care if they had to build up Angel/Cordy but let's not rush it please. It was all ridiculous... he slept with her, oh well, let it go. We all know the dark place Angel was in at that time. And I just didn't care for Cordy acting as the jealous ex girlfriend....

I just was disgusted with the whole episode. Probably the worst episode for Angel/Darla...
I liked the scene of when she was crying and all of that but in general, it's an episode I don't care to watch the WHOLE episode about since it was really nothing about Angel's feelings, it was about Cordy and than we had to see Fred mention how Angel felt... UH... writers, how the heck does Angel feel?

So, yeah, just sloopy.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It was pretty bad, but I do love that moment when Darla breaks down & Angel is holding her
Old 02-14-2018, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It was pretty bad, but I do love that moment when Darla breaks down & Angel is holding her
Definitely the best moment of the episode for me. lol
Old 02-15-2018, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

It also showed how amazing David & Julie are together when you give them emotional stuff like that, it's just so enthralling to watch
Old 02-15-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This story from Julie Benz about David Boreanaz is lovely. I read parts of the interview, just never the full thing.
David must have been very happy to explore the Angel/Darla history on the Angel series.
So, it's awesome that David was the one to break the news to Julie that Darla was coming back to life!

Quote:
And then I remember when they brought me back on Angel, I was working on Roswell at the time and bumped into David Boreanaz on the Paramount lot, and he jumped out of the golf cart he was in and he grabbed me in a big hug, and he was, like, “Benz, we’re bringing you back!” I was, like, “No, you’re not. It’s not possible. I poofed! Once you’ve poofed, you’ve poofed. You’re dead. I’m dead!” And he’s like, “No, no, no, no! We’re bringing you back! We’re bringing you back!” And I was, like, “Okay, uh, cool…” [Laughs.] But then I got the call that they were bringing me back. And then I was killed off, like, 17 more times or something ridiculous like that.
Source
Closed Thread   Post New Thread