Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2020, 06:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

i wrote a little scylla backstory fic, so i thought i'd share it here ...

monstrous and ordinary

Quote:
Was that Ksenia?
yep. shay came in when cophine was separated ... also the show really went downhill in general ...

Quote:
I stayed up watching a bunch of interviews.
i love all your observations, they're spot-on! and i love how well this cast gets along.

Quote:
Hand holding is one of my favorite things to see in tv shows
me too. plus they're so damn soft when they do it
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-30-2020, 06:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesdane (View Post)
i wrote a little scylla backstory fic, so i thought i'd share it here ...

monstrous and ordinary
I shall check that out I haven't ready any fic for this show yet.

Quote:
yep. shay came in when cophine was separated ... also the show really went downhill in general ...
I actually don't think I finished the last season of it

Quote:
me too. plus they're so damn soft when they do it
Yes! I hope we will be able to get something like this in season 2

Tori
Old 07-01-2020, 04:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I haven't ready any fic for this show yet.
there is some good fic out there. let me know if/when you want recs.

this was another one i wrote like last month: the tinderbox of my heart

Quote:
I actually don't think I finished the last season of it
after s3 i only watched cophine clips .....

Quote:
I hope we will be able to get something like this in season 2
i need it all in s2! give me ALL the romantic tropes for them!! except BYG of course. it's what we deserve!!

also, sorry, i forgot to answer this ...

Quote:
I didn't Ashley was one of the last characters to be added, to the point the pilot was reshot to add her?
yeah, abigail was played by a different actress in the original pilot! i don't think it's ever been said why they recasted her ...
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-01-2020, 06:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
there is some good fic out there. let me know if/when you want recs.

this was another one i wrote like last month: the tinderbox of my heart
Yes please send all the fic! I shall read that one next!! I finished the other one, it was so good! Now I NEED more backstory on Scylla! And I want that to be the way that Willa found Scylla! Also, I see you have a thing for kissing in the rain

Quote:
i need it all in s2! give me ALL the romantic tropes for them!! except BYG of course. it's what we deserve!!
No, we do NOT want to see BYG. They would be DUMB to do that with these two. I feel like I say that a lot about writers, but literally Raylla is THE couple of the show. It's what we deserve and what Raelle and Scylla deserve

Quote:
yeah, abigail was played by a different actress in the original pilot! i don't think it's ever been said why they recasted her ...
It's interesting But they did a good job with Ashley, and now it's hard to imagine Abigail without her.

Tori
Old 07-01-2020, 08:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Yes please send all the fic! I shall read that one next!! I finished the other one, it was so good! Now I NEED more backstory on Scylla! And I want that to be the way that Willa found Scylla! Also, I see you have a thing for kissing in the rain
thank you!! and yes, i love kissing in the rain it's so romantic to me. i'll try and put together a list of some of my faves tonight!!

Quote:
I feel like I say that a lot about writers, but literally Raylla is THE couple of the show. It's what we deserve and what Raelle and Scylla deserve
raylla really are THEY could though. that's how it was intended when eliot put 2 of the 4 leads together!! they are used for soooooo much of the show's promotion. like the official social media accounts post so. much. content. of them. they hype of their scenes so much. plus!!! both raelle and scylla already had fake-out deaths in the show!! they aren't allowed to die for real. i know it's a war and they live in dangerous times, but i don't care. give me drama, give me angst, but don't take away what the vast majority of the fan base loves!!

i HOPE eliot and the writers wouldn't do that. he really seems to love scylla a lot. in one of his post s1 interviews he said that he wants to make her haters love her in s2. he also said this:

Quote:
There's so much great stuff for Scylla, and I'm so excited because people love her so much.

(x)
scylla, raelle, and raylla aren't going ANYWHERE!

but ofc this is making all the raylla shippers nervous:

Quote:
How is Raelle feeling about Scylla?

Raelle had to put a band-aid on everything, and in the last episode, we see her say to Anacostia, "Look, I know she was a lot, but wherever she's at, I just hope they're treating her well because she's not all bad." We know Raelle still has some feelings for her, but right now, she thinks she has put it all behind her, but it's never that easy.

Even though we start the season with them in very different places, they will always be feeling each other and have this magnetism that eventually pulls them back together. Their story is not complete. I'm not going to promise that they get back together necessarily, but their story has a lot more chapters to tell.

(same interview)
it's gonna be drama-rama, but it's clear they're soulmates ...

Quote:
now it's hard to imagine Abigail without her
yeah, i couldn't imagine anyone else!
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-01-2020, 12:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
thank you!! and yes, i love kissing in the rain it's so romantic to me. i'll try and put together a list of some of my faves tonight!!
You're welcome!! Rain kissing is romantic to me too And I read your other fic as well! You are really good, if you didn't know that already! I saw you were nervous on twitter, but you have NO reason to be.

Quote:
raylla really are THEY could though. that's how it was intended when eliot put 2 of the 4 leads together!! they are used for soooooo much of the show's promotion. like the official social media accounts post so. much. content. of them. they hype of their scenes so much. plus!!! both raelle and scylla already had fake-out deaths in the show!! they aren't allowed to die for real. i know it's a war and they live in dangerous times, but i don't care. give me drama, give me angst, but don't take away what the vast majority of the fan base loves!!
I have been shocked (pleasantly) by how much the twitter and instagram are promoting them. They KNOW what their bread and butter is You can't have one half of the couple be a healer and then have one of them die it's a witch world, people come back all the time!

Quote:
i HOPE eliot and the writers wouldn't do that. he really seems to love scylla a lot. in one of his post s1 interviews he said that he wants to make her haters love her in s2. he also said this:
Yesss I have noticed that people don't necessarily like Scylla or think the relationship is too toxic, but I'm glad that he plans to fix the haters

Quote:
it's gonna be drama-rama, but it's clear they're soulmates ...
I can be down for drama And I especially liked that he used the word "magnetism" when talking about them. Because that is definitely what it was like for them.

Tori
Old 07-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
You're welcome!! Rain kissing is romantic to me too And I read your other fic as well! You are really good, if you didn't know that already! I saw you were nervous on twitter, but you have NO reason to be.
then it's settled, we NEED a raylla rain kiss in s2!!! imagine it being an angsty rain kiss, too. i'm getting my hopes up ... and thank you so much. i'm glad you enjoyed them. next up for me is a fic from raelle's pov!!

in terms of fic recs, this one is really good!! https://archiveofourown.org/works/24737188

Quote:
I have been shocked (pleasantly) by how much the twitter and instagram are promoting them. They KNOW what their bread and butter is You can't have one half of the couple be a healer and then have one of them die it's a witch world, people come back all the time!
i've been shocked too, but it's awesome!! they know their fanbase. raylla stuff gets ALL the likes.

the fixer and the necro. life and death. it's meant to be!!

Quote:
Yesss I have noticed that people don't necessarily like Scylla or think the relationship is too toxic, but I'm glad that he plans to fix the haters
ohh, you should see what amalia said about that:

Quote:
But I have seen a little chatter online on whether or not Scylla and Raelle are good role models or if they are good or bad representation for the LGBTQ community. One thing, where we are heading and where we are going to go, is that you can ding Scylla for being evil if that’s what you think; but keep that separate from her sexual orientation because they don’t have anything to do with each other. I think we are heading for next level representation when we can view them all. This is, of course, without ignoring the fact that there have been so many stereotypical cases of representation throughout history. So, it’s really important that it is, of course, not typecasting anyone because of any feature of themselves into an evil part. That’s something that I am really happy that Eliot has wrapped his head around and is doing it better than anything that I could have come up with because there are just so many systematic injustices in society that gets into your head. We need shows like this to open up our minds. I just wanted to say that, therefore I think Scylla is good representation and then, at the same time, that’s not saying that it’s a completely healthy and easy relationship from the start because they are broken people falling in love.

source
SHE--

Quote:
And I especially liked that he used the word "magnetism" when talking about them. Because that is definitely what it was like for them.
so true!!
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-01-2020, 07:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
then it's settled, we NEED a raylla rain kiss in s2!!! imagine it being an angsty rain kiss, too. i'm getting my hopes up ... and thank you so much. i'm glad you enjoyed them. next up for me is a fic from raelle's pov!!
YES! Angsty rain kiss is even better I don't want to get my hopes up either, but I feel like it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities for them I can't wait to see what you would have in store for Raelle's POV!!

Quote:
in terms of fic recs, this one is really good!! https://archiveofourown.org/works/24737188
Thanks! I shall read it next!!

Quote:
i've been shocked too, but it's awesome!! they know their fanbase. raylla stuff gets ALL the likes.
I purposefully looked at the likes on stuff JUST for that reason alone and the results are staggering

Quote:
SHE--
Yesss she's amazing! I love it. And I hate that she even has to defend it like that. There are straight characters that are WAY worse than Scylla, but they are touted as being awesome and so loved. But because she's in the LGBT community, it's somehow worse.

I've seen people say that it wasn't Scylla who did the murders at the beginning, what are your thoughts on that? I've also seen people say that if it was actually her, that it was the Camarilla (I don't like how lose that is to Carmilla ), so it's not like she actually killed innocent humans.

Tori
Old 07-02-2020, 05:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I don't want to get my hopes up either, but I feel like it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities for them
NOTHING is out of the realm of possibility for them. the show loves giving them romantic tropes too much. i mean, come on! we got a slow-dance! with flashbacks! while scylla was doing her Big Damn Sacrifice! that is the ULTIMATE. or even look at 1x07 when they literally tortured scylla and the only thing that could break her was seeing raelle. they are romantic trope CENTRAL.

Quote:
I can't wait to see what you would have in store for Raelle's POV!!
thanks!! hopefully it won't take me as long to write this as it did my recent one (that took a whole month!!)

Quote:
I purposefully looked at the likes on stuff JUST for that reason alone and the results are staggering
right??

Quote:
There are straight characters that are WAY worse than Scylla, but they are touted as being awesome and so loved. But because she's in the LGBT community, it's somehow worse.
preach!!!!

Quote:
I've seen people say that it wasn't Scylla who did the murders at the beginning, what are your thoughts on that?
ugh, i don't get why people don't want her to be mall girl. is it because it's implied children died? it's like people want a complex character with a redemption story but they also want her to be uwu innocent baby. make it make sense.

scylla is mall girl. the show said it, amalia said it, eliot said it. period. it makes sense for her character. her parents were murdered by the army when she was 16. the spree took her in and gave her purpose and a place to put her pain. she literally says as much to anacostia. scylla believes the spree are doing the right thing. she doesn't like civilians and sees them as culpable for witches' suffering. i mean she goes on whole rants to alder (1x07) and anacostia (1x09) about this. and you have amalia extrapolating in an interview:

Quote:
Well, she killed civilians in the first episode. And the way she is now in her beliefs, civilian lives – so many witch lives have been taken throughout the years because of the system, so that one thousand, three hundred civilian lives have to go now is just fair. It’s an eye for an eye, in her opinion.

source
i think it makes her character more interesting. we know that she hesitated and felt regret for her actions. clearly at the time she believed it was the right thing to do, but she's not a monster.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-02-2020, 07:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
NOTHING is out of the realm of possibility for them. the show loves giving them romantic tropes too much. i mean, come on! we got a slow-dance! with flashbacks! while scylla was doing her Big Damn Sacrifice! that is the ULTIMATE. or even look at 1x07 when they literally tortured scylla and the only thing that could break her was seeing raelle. they are romantic trope CENTRAL.
Give me ALL the romantic and angsty romantic tropes you have!

Quote:
thanks!! hopefully it won't take me as long to write this as it did my recent one (that took a whole month!!)
As a reader, it was worth the wait! How long does it normally take you to write a fic that size?

Quote:
ugh, i don't get why people don't want her to be mall girl. is it because it's implied children died? it's like people want a complex character with a redemption story but they also want her to be uwu innocent baby. make it make sense.

scylla is mall girl. the show said it, amalia said it, eliot said it. period. it makes sense for her character. her parents were murdered by the army when she was 16. the spree took her in and gave her purpose and a place to put her pain. she literally says as much to anacostia. scylla believes the spree are doing the right thing. she doesn't like civilians and sees them as culpable for witches' suffering. i mean she goes on whole rants to alder (1x07) and anacostia (1x09) about this. and you have amalia extrapolating in an interview:

i think it makes her character more interesting. we know that she hesitated and felt regret for her actions. clearly at the time she believed it was the right thing to do, but she's not a monster.
I don't understand it either! I think people just take things to heart, but you have to realize it's a tv show! It's not real life, she didn't kill REAL people Not everything is black and white in this show.

Oh wow! Thank you for bringing that interview! I am still trying to read/watch as many interviews from the cast as I can So I appreciate all the links you post, trust me! But you'd think that if Amalia says it and Eliot says it...they would believe it

Tori
Old 07-02-2020, 11:43 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Give me ALL the romantic and angsty romantic tropes you have!
seriously!! feed me that good food!!

Quote:
How long does it normally take you to write a fic that size?
back when i saw in skins fandom i could write 30k in like a week. now it usually takes me 2-4 weeks because i'm more self-critical of my writing and stress a lot more. i usually end up rewriting scenes from scratch many, many times.

Quote:
Not everything is black and white in this show.
i wish more people would remember this!

Quote:
I am still trying to read/watch as many interviews from the cast as I can
there's sooo many. i'll keep trying to post them when it's relevant in our discussions.
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
seriously!! feed me that good food!!
Feed us both! I need more

Quote:
back when i saw in skins fandom i could write 30k in like a week. now it usually takes me 2-4 weeks because i'm more self-critical of my writing and stress a lot more. i usually end up rewriting scenes from scratch many, many times.
Dang, that's amazing But 2-4 weeks isn't too bad of timing! Aww don't stress too much! And if you ever need any help or to bounce ideas off of, just shoot me a tweet or PM or anything I can't write, but I could help in some way

Quote:
i wish more people would remember this!
Me too, but I feel like they KNOW this, it just only applies when it fits their narrative.

Quote:
there's sooo many. i'll keep trying to post them when it's relevant in our discussions.
Thank you! I definitely appreciate it!

Tell me why I'm trying to decide if I want to watch this show again

Tori
Old 07-02-2020, 07:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
But 2-4 weeks isn't too bad of timing! Aww don't stress too much! And if you ever need any help or to bounce ideas off of, just shoot me a tweet or PM or anything
thanks! and i will. right now i pretty much know what i need to write for this raelle fic, but it's a matter of writing it. i can write a lot when i set my mind to it, usually i just get distracted and then i'm tired.

Quote:
Me too, but I feel like they KNOW this, it just only applies when it fits their narrative.
ugh, you are so right

Quote:
Tell me why I'm trying to decide if I want to watch this show again
there's some episodes i've legit watched 10x ..... 1x05 especially but yeah i've watched the season a lot. at least 3x for each episode! do it!!! you miss so much the first time!!
S T A R D U S T
Old 07-03-2020, 06:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
thanks! and i will. right now i pretty much know what i need to write for this raelle fic, but it's a matter of writing it. i can write a lot when i set my mind to it, usually i just get distracted and then i'm tired.
You're welcome! Haha I know how the distractions can happen. I'll be looking for something on youtube and the next thing I know I'll be watching cute animals and forget what I was even doing

Quote:
there's some episodes i've legit watched 10x ..... 1x05 especially but yeah i've watched the season a lot. at least 3x for each episode! do it!!! you miss so much the first time!!
This will be my third time I watched it again a few days to a week after I watched it the first time I definitely think I'm going to rewatch because I was looking at some gifs on tumblr and I'm like When the heck did this happen?! So obviously I'll need to see how I missed it

I can't picture which episode this is from

Tori
Old 07-03-2020, 07:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I can't picture which episode this is from
it's from 1x01! it's the anacostia & raelle scene post raylla's first scene. "more four stars in her line than any other, ride it all the way to war college"

Quote:
I definitely think I'm going to rewatch because I was looking at some gifs on tumblr and I'm like When the heck did this happen?!
i have like everything memorized

x
S T A R D U S T
Closed Thread   Post New Thread