Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree completely with Josh -- see everything first before freaking out. For me, whatever happens, I don't plan on freaking out either. I'll just take a step back and take all the great Nate/Serena memories we've gotten with me.

I understand what you mean, Anna B. At this point, I'm not even sure if sex actually happens. And Jenny is supposed to continue to pull some "effed up shiz", I believe until the finale.

If Nate's the near fatality, there are great possibilities for S4 story. But, right now, it's probably safer for us (and our sanity in the near future, ) to consider the other possibilities first.

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler
Old 05-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGleek (View Post)
How does CJ sleeping together ruin the show?

Because of the UK promo, no one's speccing on the Ausiello spoiler. I really wanna hear more theories.
I personally wouldn't use the word "ruin" like the hardcore CBers are, but if I were a hardcore CBer myself, it would (ASSUMING the Chuck/Jenny hook up occurs) "ruin" the show for me. Just imagine if this were NS instead of CB. I would be freakin throwing sht. So, I can't fault them for being upset and using the word "ruin", because I'm trying to put myself in their shoes. The reason I think it's a plausible word for them (CBers) is because the writers have built Chuck/Jenny up as more of a sibling connection these past couple of seasons. To turn them into this love connection is sorta weird, unnecessary, and gross. In addition to that, some people are having issues with rape SL of early Season 1 involving Chuck/Jenny. I personally, don't have an issue with this, only because I am a firm believer of the "People can change and become better" theory. I do think it is an extremely serious topic that some CBers think the writers are overlooking just to create an OMFG moment in the finale. I think another issue is Chuck's character. SOOOO many people on the SS thread are protective of Chuck (much like I'm protective of Nate) and to see this regression of his character is hard for them. I guess I just get it. I don't feel the same way they do, but I get it.

And I think Nate's the potential fatality as well, which I know creates a great SL for him, but it makes me a little nervous and sad. I just don't want him to get hurt. What can I say, I love Natie. But, notice Serena and Nate are no where to be found in the promo. I just don't think that's coincidence. I think they're dealing with something else equally important and OMFG-worthy.

ETA: I just wanted to add, that with this show, you can never tell until it actually airs, but I'm trying to be kind and understanding of the CBers for once. I'm not usually so compassionate.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

What's the Ausiello spoiler?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_city (View Post)
I personally wouldn't use the word "ruin" like the hardcore CBers are, but if I were a hardcore CBer myself, it would (ASSUMING the Chuck/Jenny hook up occurs) "ruin" the show for me. Just imagine if this were NS instead of CB. I would be freakin throwing sht. So, I can't fault them for being upset and using the word "ruin", because I'm trying to put myself in their shoes. The reason I think it's a plausible word for them (CBers) is because the writers have built Chuck/Jenny up as more of a sibling connection these past couple of seasons. To turn them into this love connection is sorta weird, unnecessary, and gross. In addition to that, some people are having issues with rape SL of early Season 1 involving Chuck/Jenny. I personally, don't have an issue with this, only because I am a firm believer of the "People can change and become better" theory. I do think it is an extremely serious topic that some CBers think the writers are overlooking just to create an OMFG moment in the finale. I think another issue is Chuck's character. SOOOO many people on the SS thread are protective of Chuck (much like I'm protective of Nate) and to see this regression of his character is hard for them. I guess I just get it. I don't feel the same way they do, but I get it.
Oh. I guess you're right. If it was NS, I'd be really mad too. I guess it does ruin CB, and in a way CB is the show, so yeah. I get it now. Thanks.

Quote:
And I think Nate's the potential fatality as well, which I know creates a great SL for him, but it makes me a little nervous and sad. I just don't want him to get hurt. What can I say, I love Natie. But, notice Serena and Nate are no where to be found in the promo. I just don't think that's coincidence. I think they're dealing with something else equally important and OMFG-worthy.
Awww. I love Natie too. I don't want him to die, just ALMOST die. Enough for Serena to come back if she does go away. Hope they aren't in the background though.

Ria.

Quote:
Question: You said that one of the “possible fatalities” in your May Sweeps Scorecard is reserved for a Gossip Girl character. You weren’t talking about Lily, right? —Fernanda
Ausiello: No, I wasn’t talking about Lily. The victim in question is *a*e.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

I hope hope hope that the person who may be dying is Nate. It would be perfect!

If Serena does decide to leave with her dad, then she finds out the truth and comes back, and then finds out something awful happened to Nate!?
Then we'd probably get lots of Serena fighting for Nate! Puhlease let this happen!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Anna B: I love your icon by the way. Dianna is gorgeous.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm. I could get on board with Nate almost-dying.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Hmm. I could get on board with Nate almost-dying.
Old 05-06-2010, 11:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Yayyy. More people wanting Nate to ALMOST die.

ETA: Thanks Em. yeah, she's soooo pretty.

Last edited by GossipGleek; 05-06-2010 at 12:23 PM
Old 05-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Great perspective, Emerald! You make a great point on the reference to CJ ruining the show being more specific to the fact that it ruins the show/enjoyment of the show for those who love Chuck and CB in particular. And they will have different reasons for feeling that way. That's understandable. Interestingly, as fans/viewers, we often view the show and characters very different from the showrunners, and we'll just have to wait and see what's the larger purpose of it all. Even though I don't see the show as ruined per se, you're absolutely right that the CBers are understandably upset and protective at the moment.

At this point, I believe Josh gives excellent advice. Things may not be as they seem with Chuck and Jenny.

Ria, the Ausiello spoilers:

Question: You said that one of the “possible fatalities” in your May Sweeps Scorecard is reserved for a Gossip Girl character. You weren’t talking about Lily, right? -Fernanda
Ausiello: No, I wasn’t talking about Lily. The victim in question is *a*e.

Question: What’s with all the Taylor Momsen/Gossip Girl drama? Will she be back next season at all? -Allo
Ausiello: Not sure what drama you’re referring to, but per my original story, she’ll be MIA only for the first part of next season. My prediction: Jenny will make a dramatic return at the start of November sweeps!

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler
Old 05-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
THIS right here. I couldn't believe how the SS thread practically crucified Ale over stating that she believed Blabz. And now....mmmm.
awww thank you everyone!

I'm not gonna post TOLD YOU SO because unlike them, I'm not 2. But it's SOO good to be right And so much in advance. Truth is, I just have good sources, that's all it comes down to. And those people were so freaking stubbornly delusional they always refused to see things for what they were: SPOILERS that were of course accurate, because who in the hell would post all that stuff and in such detail, not to mention with heaps of casting info dead right, just for the sake of it? Please.

And, I don't think RUIN is correct either. I'm damn sure per blabz spoiler that WE SEE THEM IN BED but NOTHING sexual has happened (well other than the kissing). It will all be a misunderstanding, I'm sure. And, people don't have any right to tweet what they're tweeting. It's not just rude, it's downright PATHETIC and out of this world. It is a freaking TV show. These people DO NOT EXIST. This is the writers' story and instead of pitching fits like 3-year-olds people should just understand that there's a remote to flip the channel. I really am outraged by what I'm reading on Josh's twitter. People saying he deserves to go to jail. That he KILLED a show? SERIOUSLY!? And they don't even know whose call it was to do certain things, BY THE WAY. For all the know it could've been SS's idea. It's just downrght pathetic, period.

Had they gone NJ I wouldn't have told them "you can't write a show", I would've flipped the channel and not come back, that's IT. That's what TV is for. You don't like? You flip the freaking channel. It's THEIR story in the end, this is not to be forgotten. The fans don't get to have a say in it (thank god). The writers do this job and they're paid for it, end of the story. You dislike? You flip the channel.

/end rant

About the accident, I think the most sensible hypothetical scenario is still Dan because it would make up the perfect chance for Vanessa to come back, it would explain the massive Georgina cliffhanger and all that. That said, it could also be Chuck or Nate obviously. I don't think Chuck fits just because there's SO much sh-t going on already with him that it would be overkill. But this being Gossip Girl, you never know.

When Blair yells at Jenny she is STILL in the same outfit as the ESB, which means it's right after she finds him and Chuck at Chuck's hotel, can't be very distant in time or Blair would've changed if it was a different day etc. She's also yelling at Chuck big freaking time, when he says "Jenny Humphrey" so I really think she's furious with Chuck just as much. To angrily yell "Don't say her name!" means she clearly holds Chuck responsible. Again, all these scenes have Blair in the same outfit so they can't be distant in time. And by the way? All those smiling stills? Either they were a set up or it was just as I thought, they're smiling because she finally decides to do something good for herself. And goes to boarding school because that's what she needs.

Except then on the train she still has the bitch face, like Makry said.. I see no understanding or regret or anything from Jenny. ZERO compassion or understanding for her. She is a bitch and she doesn't even own up to it. Which is beyond bad

About Nate: I do think it could be him too in the accident, there's always that chance. I don't know where they are (him and Serena) but they're nowhere in the promos which means clearly something big is going on with them too and separately. What it is, I do not know. But again, I think Dan is the one who makes the most sense in terms of accident.

I think NS will be way into the Daddy VdW drama and that must be why we see nothing of them, Daddy Lily and Rufus are nowhere to be seen either. And I still think they break up over Daddy VdW.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Keri is called Karma is a bitch, I get that all they care is about CB, but seriously some behaviors/people in there are rude, so I guess What goes around comes around, and yeah I guess we will all be miserable together.

But Seriously where is NS in all of this mess, I wanna know
I know right? That's some of the reason a lot of us left, some of the attitudes were seriously rude and disrespectful-but we knew it'd come back to bite them in the butt, and it has Maybe next time some people won't brush away others opinions and specs just because they don't like them or don't fit into what they want I mean Ale and the blabz stuff, and anyone who belived in the blabz stuff too, was big, but not just that there were things like Marcella's spec about NJ/CJ-they totally disregared that and told her it made no sense, but here we are and she said NJ wasn't probably going to amount to anything and it would throw us off the big thing that was going to make a big deal-CJ. And looky looky

Okay, and yes, what you said there-does the missing of NS not seem suspect to anyone? I mean come on! Not even a shot of them-shocked faces or something? Nada. Makes me think two things; their storyline is very much seperate. And also, seems much more held under wraps, I mean they gave away a lot in that promo about CBJ, yet the finale has been held under lock and key. I'd bet we're obviously missing something with CBJ-I bet they don't actually sleep together. But people can't just discount NS in the finale-especially Serena. We have to keep in mind this has been Serena's season after all, its her story that has been the season long arc, and the description even says that the finale has to deal with the repercussions of Daddy's story and leaving-Serena has to play a very big and important role in the finale. Yet we haven't seen or hear anything about her or NS, I think we only know one thing about them in the finale-and that's that line from the description. That's it. It certainly seems like they're keeping NS/Daddy much tighter to their chest than CBJ.

Quote:
On the promo, goodbye Jenny! Stay away for as long as you can!
haha I second that! And I think pretty much everyon agrees with this sentiment at this point

Quote:
Well, I think Keri already filled you in on what we were thinking. I'm actually zen about things right now, just waiting things out.
I did She was good at reassuring me Plus, I'm quite zen at the moment too, all this other stuff has distracted me so much as well!

Quote:
Keri, brain buddy! I would love that too, but if Chuck and Blair are involved, I don't know if Nate and Serena will be too far behind unless they really still are dealing with Daddy VDW fallout. These four are practically family. Hey, now I'm wondering if the blast involving Dan is about him punching Chuck. Still, I do agree that Nate could be easily be the near fatality, but, for now, Dan and Chuck remain main possibilities. A lot depends on when the accident/incident happens within the episode. But, you're right, until we hear/see otherwise we're probably safer leaning on the other accuracy we have -- the writers may not give Nate this particular story possibility.
I know what you mean, but I think they have to still be dealing with Daddy, which would make their storyline seperate from the rest. The description says that Daddy's leftovers have to be dealt with in the finale-I'm guessing mainly for NS/RL, and RL are supposed to have a cliffhanger that concerns Daddy, so this still has to be a big part of the story. It would make little sense if the daddy stuff was wrapped up immediately and NS got pulled into all this new drama of Dan/CB/J. Daddy has been the big storyline, they have to give it proper fall-out and finish.

Quote:
How does CJ sleeping together ruin the show?
Quote:
I won't be surprised if some believe that, Anna B. I personally don't think CJ sleeping together ruins the show. The writers have been pretty clear that they are both simultaneously freefalling, and it sort of makes twisted sense that their stories intersect in such a way. I'm unsure if they actually have sex, though.

It certainly causes situational drama, but doesn't this show thrive on this type of drama?
It doesn't I have to agree with J, as usual , as much as people are freaking out about it I really think its more over the top than necessary. First of all, I highly doubt they actually do sleep together, and second even if they did its not gonna OMG RUIN THE SHOW! Its like in one breathe people proclaim that CJ happening is the worst most disgusting thing ever, and they're totally not gonna watch the finale. But than the very next they're all 'but really him sleeping with Jenny isn't even that big of a deal!' People say the show will be ruined and they'll stop watching all the freaking time, and most often it doesn't happen. How many CBers are still around after 317? If CJ sleeping together is where someone personally draws the line that they can't handle, than fine that's their choice, but its up to each their own on how much they can take. And they may not like it, but I bet you as soon as they start getting some good/hopefully CB scenes they stick around, just like last year, and with that CB promo for the end of this year. They may hate the story, but 317 did exactly what the show runners wanted, it got CB interest up again when things for a lot of people had been lulling. Hardcore fans may hate it cause we overanalyze everything but this kinda drama is what often brings in the viewership, sad but true This kind of show definetly uses that kind of drama all the freaking time J

Quote:
The UK promo doesen't show nothing about Ausiello spoiler because, I guess, CB are more interesting to people than NS or Nate...maybe we'll get some new on the australian promo...
Well its kind of like when CBers were complaining when the promos were becoming all about NSJ, but that's where the main crazy drama was at the moment, that's the kind of stuff they like to put in the promos. Besides the fact that so far NS are completely weirdly missing from everything so far, and we know they have to have climatic story as well, it makes me think that NS/Daddy is the big stuff they want to really surprise us with. Maybe wishful thinking, but it'll be interesting to see how the promote the finale from here on out.

Interestingly doesn't most of that promo look like its all from the finale? But its supposed to be the last two episodes? Maybe only some of that small stuff, Jenny being mopey ect is from next episode?

Okay although most of us here like or are somewhat interested in CB we aren't as emotionally attached as others, so this is where this can be our advantage-we can be level headed about our specs here.

Now we see Blair in that outfit on the ESB, and she looks like she's in the same outfit when she's in the stills in CN's suite, right? Same jacket, same shoes, I don't know if we ever really see her dress though-but the same shoes definetly makes it seem like the she hasn't changed. Chuck is atop the ESB at what looks like sunset, than the CJ scene looks like its at night...but than the CB suite pics where he's in his after-sex robe look like they are in the morning...yet she's wearing the same outfit? Thoughts?

I looks like CB have some kind of confrontation in the suite, but not everything must get out because it looks like things really come to head in that lobby. People have specced its a hospital lobby-which it might be, or I wonder if its possible it could be the ESB lobby somehow? We had reports that Penn was supposed to be at the ESB at an earlier time when we knew Leighton was, so it could be D/C/B there, we never heard anyting about Taylor being around the ESB though. And DJCB are obviously all in that same lobby at one time or another-the CB confrontation, the CD punch, and Blair bithcing out Jenny.

Or it is the hospital lobby they are in and they are there for:
-Dorota giving birth (Blair yes, Chuck to follow B maybe, but DJ? hmm not so sure)
-a Lily relapse (CBDJ would all make sense for this)
-one of the male near fatalites (CD are seen fine, it'd have to be Nate, unless it was stupdily Rufus or something but I doubt that)

There is also supposed to be a Dan/Eric scene at a hospital apparently, which could be any of the above three, but more likely the last two. I had been thinking its most likely Dan, but if this is the hospital and the near fatality than it has to be Nate. Or the hospital thing could be something totally seperate from the near fatality -Dorota, or Lily- but its not till later at the end the real near fatality happens, which than I would say most likely is Dan, than Chuck.

Also something else we need to keep in mind is that there were casting calls for cops for the finale-so what's that about? Doesn't look like for Jenny, she's gets the smackdown by Blair and sent away. Chuck didn't murder Jack like some wanted So I wonder if it has anything to do with the leftover Daddy VdW drama? Maybe Dan/Nate really do get in deep to this drug scandal whatever it is Daddy is dealing with and it truly turns out to be super shady, and they get themselves/one of them into trouble.
Or could the cops have something to do with Gorgie? We can't forget about her, and the foriegn country stuff
With the big fake smiles, and stupid lies, when deep inside your bleeding. To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark, to be kicked when your down, to feel like you've been pushed around, to be on the edge of breaking down, but no ones there to save you. Welcome to my life.
Nate 'epic' Archibald
Closed Thread   Post New Thread