Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I can't wait for that one scene from the stills! And now that I know NS will be fine, I'm less nervous about NJ too
me too. It seems a really angsty scene and NS are going to rock it. Jenny please leave the show
Old 04-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll be here.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome Cristina!

Quote:
Jenny please leave the show
Haha, yes, please
Old 04-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Cristina
Old 04-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully the link is working so we can all watch peacefully without any freak outs.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfy the crave (View Post)
Hopefully the link is working so we can all watch peacefully without any freak outs.
I think that is impossible
Old 04-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread! Just catching up a little from the last thread before the show starts.

Quote:
I totally get where you're coming from with the "palette cleanser" comment. It definitely would explain all of the bed-jumping from early Season 2. And, I completely agree with what you said next. Certain things should just be explained for the sake of the characters: Serena and the Tripp debacle, Nate and his Season 2 bed-hopping, and I'm starting to think the writers need to do a better job showing that the characters might have a problem with the fact that they've ALL slept together. It was funny, when the "brunch" scene aired with Nate, Serena, Dan, Vanessa, and Rufus, no one was even slightly phased by that fact that just one year ago (maybe everyone has Season 2 amnesia ) they would have swapped partners. Now, I didn't have too much of a problem with it, mainly because 1) this is GG 2) I thought it showed how far both Nate and Vanessa and Dan and Serena had grown a part as couples. Maybe that was the underlying "point" of the brunch. But, it might do their characters some good, to at least show that all of them sleeping together can be somewhat hard to deal with at times. I guess now that I'm thinking of it, there are many instances where the writers could have either been more thorough or merely touched on a couple of things, for the sake of the characters . I need to keep the fact that this is GG in my mind at allllll times, J. Thanks for your insight, it really has helped .
Aw, Em. I'm glad my craziness has been helpful. Yeah, I think because of GG's genre, the EPs and writers may focus more on plot than character, even though they do pretty well keeping their characters in character. So true on the brunch; everyone was so nonchalant, including Rufus. I agree that the point of the brunch may have been to show how much they had all moved on, and, at the same time, highlight how uneasy Dan and Vanessa were transitioning from being best friends to lovers/dating. I think the only time we may actually see any kind of concern about their dating history is if one character shows an issue with another (i.e. Nate with Carter). But, yeah, it would actually be welcomed if one of the characters made a comment, sarcastically/tongue in cheek, about their dating histories. The writers need to poke fun at their own ridiculousness sometimes.

Quote:
I went back and rewatched 2x04 (Anna B. brought that up in the Dislike thread and I had to go check it out) and I think people tend to forget that DS had problems all on their own, a part from the fact that RL are married and they share a sibling. In fact, people should just go back and watch only the DS scenes from Season 2.
Oh, that's a good point. Without having seen much of S2, based on the advice Dan had given Nate alone in 3.13, it made me think that, while he's acquainted with Serena's personality, he doesn't quite know how to deal with them organically. If the writers want to, they will make Dan/Serena work again. But, yeah, they'll have to build it up properly on-screen to show why they could.

Quote:
Just one thing I've read from Non NS fans that one of the reasons they dislike them is because they fight a lot , and I was like WUT, yeah they fight cause stupid people mess with their heads, well not of them are stupid but for example the advise Dan and Bair gave them on 313 was what they needed and want ,and it was proven to be exactly what NS do not like (insert another reason why DS suck and don't work as a couple) , and these last episodes we have Jenny to messing with both of them, on the last episode Nate was going to fix thing with Serena until Jenny told him about Serena not being a trusthworthy person .
True, true Makry. They've had misunderstandings, sure. But it's never broken them; it's never been over-the-top. If anything, the misunderstandings they've had so far have been useful to them because they've been allowed to communicate about things they probably wouldn't have if the issue hadn't come up. They've taken every issue that's come at them, shared their points of view, come to an understanding about their points of view, and moved forward together. For me, that complaint of non-fans would have more merit if they were fighting about nothing, the fights led to nothing being resolved, there was increasing resentment/disillusionment about their relationship, and they were staying together basically because they have sexual chemistry. So far, it's been the opposite for them.

I think the writers have gone out of their way to show that Nate and Serena are NOT sunshine and sex ALL the time. With my couple history, I wouldn't be able to root for them if they were too sacchrine or based on as little substance as sexual chemistry. The Nate/Serena pairing plays the part on the show they need to play. They aren't Chuck/Blair or Dan/Vanessa and no one should expect them to be. They're obviously flawed characters, and they have issues and unintentional drama to sort through; nevertheless, they're both shown as in love with each other and they're trying to have a functional, normal relationship. That's been nice to watch while other characters deal with other issues.

I've seen the ratings blame too.

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler
jnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's on!

Recap!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Uck. Jenny/Nate sneak peek.

She's also wearing knee socks.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm here and ready to hear all, Cristina.

Luthor ღ Lang ♥ Confessions of an L/Ler
jnnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Serena/Lily in the limo. Talking about facing Rufus and the whole triangle with them and Will. Seem to be happy. Serena says that she's there for her mom.

Blair/Dorota sneak peek.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by satisfy the crave (View Post)
Uck. Jenny/Nate sneak peek.

She's also wearing knee socks.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Will/Rufus sneak peek! GAHHH. I love Will.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

AHh, I am so excited for Daddy

Thanks for recapping, livefeed is not really working
Old 04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chuck coming out of the elevator with two chicks.

Jenny is there at their apartment. Chuck saying if they've closed the deal.

Chuck looks/is drunk. Chuck helping Jenny tear NS apart.