Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Extreme Fan

This is pretty cool: A Personal Note from Kurt Browning about All That Skate 2011

He's also uploaded a video to his facebook page: Backstage by the bus at All That Skate
kris9918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aww, Kurt is seriously the nicest person in the world. I've had the pleasure of experiencing that firsthand! What a sweet note.

(formerly gg_all_da_way) - Liz

Icon by Aly.
WriterLiz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Skate Canada official schedule:

Friday, October 28, 2011
08:30 Official Practice
13:15 Ladies Short Program
15:05 Pair Short Program
19:30 Men Short Program
21:05 Ice Dance Short Dance

Saturday, October 29, 2011
07:30 Official Practice
14:15 Ladies Free Program
16:15 Pair Free Program
19:10 Men Free Program

Sunday, October 30, 2011
09:00 Official Practice
12:30 Ice Dance – Free Dance
15:00 Exhibition Gala

My fellow European posters, we should get ready for a 3 a.m. watchpost party for the Short Dance. If the wonderful Georgian TV stream is again available...

V., looking forward to your photos and practice reports!
Avocagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

could anyone tell me, for Skate Canada non-all-event tickets, are they sold by day or by event?
canadablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

The non-all-event tickets are generally sold by event or session (e.g. afternoon vs evening session), in my experience.
julie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

And, if there was a practice session immediately preceeding your particular event ticket, you were able to attend that practice, last year. (And last year, the last day ticket was for the whole day, including the FD and the gala practices, the FD competition, and the gala exhibition. Don't know what it will be like this year. Also, the Thursday practice sessions was sold as it's own ticket, for $10 I think, which is very cheap especially if you enjoy practices.)

So, why should you watch yet another YT fan cam video of Yuna's show? Well, aside from the very special allure of the titled sweatshirts and legwarmers, watch the end of the skate in particular (about 4:25) if you want to watch VM do their magnetic-hands and habitual arms around each other as they leave the ice. (I'm sure some of you have seen it already; I don't know about you but my brain is ready to melt from the sheer number of fancam videos available -- yay! and thanks! to the audience.)

Old 08-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

thank you julie27 and Meyers!!
canadablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the vid, Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Any news about Skate Canada team tests?
I guess you mean the High Performance Camp? Not yet, maybe we'll hear something about it in early September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocagirl (View Post)
My fellow European posters, we should get ready for a 3 a.m. watchpost party for the Short Dance. If the wonderful Georgian TV stream is again available...
Since I got up this morning at 3:30 am (due to a raging thunderstorm) this should be no problem Last year _ondt also came up with a link from CBC radio I think. It was in french and had great quality.

I have another question, this time concerning TEB, maybe some of the European posters have some experience. Are the official practices open for the public? As far as I know there are no all-event tickets for TEB, that would include practices so it's either open or closed
Old 08-24-2011, 01:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoftypos (View Post)
I have another question, this time concerning TEB, maybe some of the European posters have some experience. Are the official practices open for the public? As far as I know there are no all-event tickets for TEB, that would include practices so it's either open or closed
As far as I know, in previous years, the practices were closed to the general public. You had to have a press accreditation to get in. But since Skate Canada ticketholders have access, maybe things will change for TEB too. Let's hope so, I'd love to watch the dance practices (and a press accreditation is out of the question this time, since TV stations in my country don't cover the GP events).
Old 08-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Banned

crystalmacintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocagirl (View Post)
As far as I know, in previous years, the practices were closed to the general public. You had to have a press accreditation to get in. But since Skate Canada ticketholders have access, maybe things will change for TEB too. Let's hope so, I'd love to watch the dance practices (and a press accreditation is out of the question this time, since TV stations in my country don't cover the GP events).
I was afraid you might say something like that Anyway, thanks for the info. Sorry the accreditation doesn't work out for you this year. Tv station don't cover the Grand Prix series here as well. We're lucky, if they cover Euros and Worlds )
Old 08-24-2011, 08:58 AM
Master Fan

Check it out: Tessa and Scott in Japan

Erm, if you can deal with a wonky Google translation, heh.
Thief Of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Check it out: Tessa and Scott in Japan

Erm, if you can deal with a wonky Google translation, heh.
Thanks for posting that, although I can't say I understood much of it, sadly... I couldn't even figure out what was the purpose of their trip to Japan. Short vacation? Promoting the book? Both, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenoftypos
Tv station don't cover the Grand Prix series here as well. We're lucky, if they cover Euros and Worlds.
In this respect, I'd say we're luckier. My generation grew up watching Euros and Worlds, every year, on the public TV station, since the early 90s. Figure skating has lots of fans here and the ratings are usually very good.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

That article! *very* wonky translation... Not exactly sure what they were doing either though.. maybe stopping by for a visit after South Korea? A vacation? Hmm.. the Americans are at Champs Camp so maybe Scott and Tessa have a little break.

I love the new pictures, wish we could see them bigger though

(formerly gg_all_da_way) - Liz

Icon by Aly.
WriterLiz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
.....And on a more pleasant note, here's a particularly great fan recording of IWHYH. I'm at the point of watching these things muted because I'm getting a bit burned out on the songs, heh, but the quality of this one is fantastic -- so close you can really feel their speed, which isn't always captured so well on video. Also catch Scott's singing in all of its glory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann29 (View Post)
TFTNT, Verity! And thanks for posting that great video!
Here's the recording of the Latin number by the same person. Some more amusing singing by Scott during Temptation.
Thanks for finding and sharing these. Meyer is right, the sheer number of videos uploaded by our Korean friends are just mindblowing (and most of them are in HD!) So hard to sift through it all, so thank you all for posting the good ones here.

It's funny though what one can notice watching videos in HD. In the samba video above , I could not help but laugh at Scott's hand placement at around 02:24. I know it's just part of the choreography but from that angle at fullscreen in HD, he looks like he enjoyed it way too much... It was quite fast, barely there, probably not worth gifting, but with the view that close and again in HD, even someone with poor vision like me could not help but notice it. Shallow i know, rather funny for me.

Last edited by SaharaRain; 08-24-2011 at 10:52 AM
SaharaRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread