Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustexposure (View Post)
Nathan is actually the two US National Champion in Novice.

I wouldn't take either of those routines seriously if they skated to those songs...
they might as well skate to...

but if they did skate to some classic rock or whatever, it have to be up lifting and anthemic.
I guess it is a personal choice. What would you have them do for a gala?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie27 (View Post)

When I first saw this costume I thought really liked it.

But the gold dress from Worlds and the SOI pink Latina dress, IMO, are just beautiful.

I'm not really sure anymore why I liked this first one so much. Compared to the other two, I'm not liking it much anymore.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by julie27
The hair makes a big difference too. I'm glad she went with the ponytail at Worlds and for CSOI.
I agree, the hair style definitely made a big difference. The ponytail was so perfect.
Tessa is always stunning, but I do prefer her hair down or in the ponytails.

Last edited by truly; 07-06-2011 at 08:02 PM
Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by truly (View Post)

But the gold dress from Worlds and the SOI pink Latina dress, IMO, are just beautiful.

I'm not really sure anymore why I liked this first one so much. Compared to the other two, I'm not liking it much anymore.
Totally agree. It almost seems too modest, not fully getting into the sexy spirit of the dance, somehow. Whereas I love both the gold and pink dresses. The hair makes a big difference too. I'm glad she went with the ponytail at Worlds and for CSOI.

I love this picture despite the dress, since Scott looks just so natural, relaxed and happy!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

I could never deal with "Feel Like Makin Love..." because we had a "band" of pathologists who sang a modified version, "Feel Like Makin Pus."
Old 07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveActually (View Post)
because we had a "band" of pathologists who sang a modified version, "Feel Like Makin Pus."
Hahahahahaha. WHAT.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I could never deal with "Feel Like Makin Love..." because we had a "band" of pathologists who sang a modified version, "Feel Like Makin Pus."
Oh my. That really would ruin a song.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Wow. That is disturbing!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Loyal Fan

YouTube - ‪Manu Chao - Rumba de Barcelona‬‏

Catalonia rumba. Could be good for pattern part of SD. And Tessa love Batselona
Old 07-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverNene (View Post)

Just thought it might be handy, as some people here before have said that they dont know how to embed
Hey thanks! Now let me try posting my current favorite close-the-door/curtain-and-dance-like-crazy music Middle East/Folk style that I kind of wish (at least for the moment) TS would skate to for an exhibition, perhaps with props like the scarf they didn't use in Dark Eyes.

LIVE version:

Radio edit link:
YouTube - ‪Omnia - Dil Gaya (Radio Version)‬‏

Unfortunately for me, it sounds like this Navka/Kostomarov FD esp. at the start so it is probably not going to happen. It is more upbeat though. I try to do fouette turns during the chorus during my crazier moments but alas, two summers of ballet classes 20+ years ago and an addiction to SYTYCD does not make one a dancer, hence the closed doors.

Quote:
That's doctor's humor for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
The only thing that gives me pause about their performing IWHYH at All That Skate Summer is that they debuted it at All That Skate LA. Different cities, though, so they might carry it over. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it for the GP exhibitions, as they did with Jack & Diane in 2009.

Four costumes -- the heavily altered Farrucas dress at Winter Dreams On Ice.

I'd be surprised to see the red dress again, but I did love the lavender one from Worlds. The SD practice dress, the one she ended up using for SOI, is lovely, too, but that lavender is my favorite of all the Mahler-cut dresses and so it clearly merits further display.
But wasn't All That Skate LA broadcasted in South Korea? I'm not sure they can do that program again this year, at least not in Korea. And I too wish they would keep their modified Latin FD for galas next season. Not only would it let other fans see it live, we would also get different versions professionally taped as truly stated and it would be skated in an Olympic size rink. (I'm also kind of wishing they would skate it again in full in next season's nationals gala, just so we get a different perspective, but that is probably asking for too much. )

Regarding the Mahler-cut dresses and the similarly styled SD dresses, Tessa must really love them to have that many variations. Can't blame her, it accentuates her back neck and posture and the skirt does not interfere with the leg lines. I just wonder if she has many more. I mean she has the ethereal white, sweet pink, and sexy lavender. Does she have a formal black version for dinner? Summer yellow for day wear? or maybe in seductive red as a nightgown? Who here wants to join me and plan a raid on her closet?

Last edited by SaharaRain; 07-07-2011 at 07:32 AM
Old 07-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Don think this style will suit T-S. Tessa didnt look like Asia woman. IMHO - something east will be good for D-W, but not for T-S.
And this could look Domnina-Shabalin OD at OG. Dont think this will be good idea so.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Don think this style will suit T-S. Tessa didnt look like Asia woman. IMHO - something east will be good for D-W, but not for T-S.
And this could look Domnina-Shabalin OD at OG. Dont think this will be good idea so.

Hmm, did you notice that the musicians are not remotely Asian?

Also, what do you mean Asian look exactly? Chinese look? Japanese look? Indian look? Central Asian look? Middle East look? Or perhaps a more general exotic look since you referred to D-W? We are a big, big continent here, gotta be more specific.

Also, arguing this style would not suite TS because of looks then stating Domnina-Shabalin could pull off this type of music is kind of contradictory. Dance-wise, I think TS could do this. The theatrical part that might be required by this style however, I agree will suite Domnina-Shabalin. But that is because we have never really seen overtly theatrical programs from TS so we don't really know what they are capable of doing in that department.

OT: Why does the rest of the world have to wait 7 more days to watch Harry Potter DH2? Lucky Londoners....
Old 07-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Master Fan

Grinenko shows ice dancers the moves - icenetwork.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaRain
I just wonder if she has many more. I mean she has the ethereal white, sweet pink, and sexy lavender. Does she have a formal black version for dinner? Summer yellow for day wear? or maybe in seductive red as a nightgown?
I have no idea why that image amuses me so, but it does. A Mahler dress for every conceivable occasion! Tessa might consider selling them as a fashion line, hahaha.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for this article.
Did Tessa and Scott really didnt saw Maxim Kozhevnikov and Yulia Zagoryuchenko video before Elena show it to them? This golden Tessa dress, this music for FD...... I thought they did.

Before accepting, Grinenko made sure that was alright with Davis and White, who gave her the okay.

And you still have question who is main Shpilband favors? Look, like he understand Meryl and Charlie nevr could skate latin like T-S ad tats why he found Elena for them.
But look, like she work most part of time with D-W. Cant understand, why all this other teams this this is OK.....
Old 07-07-2011, 12:08 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Thank you for this article.
Did Tessa and Scott really didnt saw Maxim Kozhevnikov and Yulia Zagoryuchenko video before Elena show it to them? This golden Tessa dress, this music for FD...... I thought they did.

Before accepting, Grinenko made sure that was alright with Davis and White, who gave her the okay.

And you still have question who is main Shpilband favors? Look, like he understand Meryl and Charlie nevr could skate latin like T-S ad tats why he found Elena for them.
But look, like she work most part of time with D-W. Cant understand, why all this other teams this this is OK.....
Please stop trying to make something out of nothing. She worked with Davis and White first and probably asked them out of professional courtesy if it was alright with them if she also worked with their competitors.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsocu (View Post)
Please stop trying to make something out of nothing. She worked with Davis and White first and probably asked them out of professional courtesy if it was alright with them if she also worked with their competitors.
I found very interesting this fact, that Igor ask her to work with D-W, when all other skaters were out.
Really interesting- if Igor work along with his group, only D-W will work with Elena. This look funny. Inteteresting, how Marina found this information about Elena?
Honestly, i dont think T-S need any help from person, like Elena - all saw how greate they are in Latin, but what about other skaters? Shpilband wish to give then his standart latin choreo?
Interesting - when D-W and oither skaters took V-M liftes - they ask permission?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread