Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie27 (View Post)
I'm guessing they'll use their modified FD as one exhibition number (as in CSOI) because it's such a great show number and has barely been used yet.

As to a second number, I have no idea. (ETA: They might keep I Want to Hold Your Hand for a little longer, since it contrasts well with the Latin number and hasn't been skated much in public either. We may feel we've seen it a lot (through repeat viewings!) but normally an exhibition is used throughout a season, and with them missing so many competitions last year they haven't used it much at all.)
You're right, we probably do feel we've seen IWHYH more than they've actually skated it in public. I think this is one of my favorite exhibitions of theirs.
I would love to see the modified FD from SOI, which we've never seen through a professional taping (how I wish they would skate the full program in a taped show ) and IWHYH again.

If they skate IWHYH, which costume would everyone prefer? I think we've seen three so far?
I loved both the red dress (from that first IWHYH outing) and the dress from the Worlds Ex. Didn't really prefer the CSOI dress, although I did love the pink SOI costume for the Latin program.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

The only thing that gives me pause about their performing IWHYH at All That Skate Summer is that they debuted it at All That Skate LA. Different cities, though, so they might carry it over. I wouldn't be surprised if they used it for the GP exhibitions, as they did with Jack & Diane in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truly (View Post)
If they skate IWHYH, which costume would everyone prefer? I think we've seen three so far?
I loved both the red dress (from that first IWHYH outing) and the dress from the Worlds Ex. Didn't really prefer the CSOI dress, although I did love the pink SOI costume for the Latin program.
Four costumes -- the heavily altered Farrucas dress at Winter Dreams On Ice.

I'd be surprised to see the red dress again, but I did love the lavender one from Worlds. The SD practice dress, the one she ended up using for SOI, is lovely, too, but that lavender is my favorite of all the Mahler-cut dresses and so it clearly merits further display.

Last edited by Thief Of Love; 07-05-2011 at 11:09 PM
Old 07-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope to see IWHYH again, I don't think we've seen it enough yet.

As for costumes, I'd love to see her in that red dress again, it complimented his black ensemble.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 07-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Four costumes -- the heavily altered Farrucas dress at Winter Dreams On Ice.
I'd forgotten about that one. We never did get a good picture of Tessa with the costumes from that event.

Wasn't it strange? They did a Christmas show in their home town and as far as I know there wasn't a write-up in their local media nor a single photo, not even a group shot of the performers.
Maybe five years from now some fan will remember they have a photo from that event and it will randomly show up somewhere. Heh

Quote:
I'd be surprised to see the red dress again, but I did love the lavender one from Worlds. The SD practice dress, the one she ended up using for SOI, is lovely, too, but that lavender is my favorite of all the Mahler-cut dresses and so it clearly merits further display.
Totally agree about the lavender dress. My favorite of the "Mahler" dresses we've seen so far.

Last edited by truly; 07-06-2011 at 07:13 AM
Old 07-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Olympics news: Pyeongchang Will Host 2018 Winter Olympic Games
Old 07-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Master Fan

Wasn't a surprise, but good for them after their first two efforts.

I kind of wonder who currently skating at the senior level will still be competing then?
Old 07-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Wasn't a surprise, but good for them after their first two efforts.

I kind of wonder who currently skating at the senior level will still be competing then?
I think this will be ice dance teams, who skate in novice today
I think this could be Shibs or I-K - all depend from there results in Sochi. And Paul-Islam.
And I think this will be russian junior teams - Stepanova-Bukin, Sinitsina-Zhiganshin.
Maybe this will be time for Nathan Chen, and this small boy - Junior Canafian Nationals, who skated at Vancouver gala.

And somebody know about Kong-Kong? This ice dance team skated last season at junior G, but didnt skate at Junior Nationals. Maybe they will be new Shibs?

But still too long time to go. I am happy for Yu-Na - she did a greate job!
Old 07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ahh...the first song really does sum them up, and its such a nice song, I'd like to see a montage to that actually, or see on if there is already one made.

Umm...(personally) I'm not to keen on the 2nd song, only listened to 23 seconds of it, and didnt like it but thats my own personal taste...LoL

I'm getting rather impatient to hear some news..or something from them....

Roses are RED, Facebook is BLUE.
27 Mutual FRIENDS, but.. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!????
Old 07-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
And somebody know about Kong-Kong? This ice dance team skated last season at junior G, but didnt skate at Junior Nationals. Maybe they will be new Shibs?
Khong/Khong are a Canadian team but they've taken a year off. It's been rumoured that they may be switching countries, but that is speculation only, AFAIK.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by julie27 (View Post)
Khong/Khong are a Canadian team but they've taken a year off. It's been rumoured that they may be switching countries, but that is speculation only, AFAIK.
I think they could skate fro Korea. It will be cool, if Korea will have there own ice dance team at home OG
Old 07-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

How To Embed A Youtube Video :)

Just thought it might be handy, as some people here before have said that they dont know how to embed

Roses are RED, Facebook is BLUE.
27 Mutual FRIENDS, but.. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!????
Old 07-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverNene (View Post)

Just thought it might be handy, as some people here before have said that they dont know how to embed
Ahh, Verity's most prescient fanvid ever. Always a great one.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Maybe this will be time for Nathan Chen, and this small boy - Junior Canafian Nationals, who skated at Vancouver gala.
Nathan is actually the two US National Champion in Novice.

I wouldn't take either of those routines seriously if they skated to those songs...
they might as well skate to...

but if they did skate to some classic rock or whatever, it have to be up lifting and anthemic.
Icon by LJ User: fan_cifully
Old 07-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverNene (View Post)

Thanks! Could you also tell me how to embed a photo, please?

ETA: Never mind, I figured it out from the coding in your post!

Scott and Tessa thank you, too!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread