Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keefir1@ (View Post)
What I'd love to see is a video of the first few practice sessions of the Temptation lift...that had to be quite fascinating from a purely logistical standpoint!Would they ever even say...."we're going to do what?"
That lift is just incredible! It would love to hear how they came up with the idea, and how many changes it went through before it became the Temptation Lift we saw in the FD.

I was disappointed they had taken it out of the shortened FD version they did for SOI, but I'm hoping that means they might be using it again next season.

We need a whole season of that lift!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I guess IF anyone is going to know what Tessa and Scott's relationship is like it would be Torvill and Dean, well I was going through some old saved articles I had of them and found this one, and when they started to describe their relationship it made me think of Tessa and Scott, and shed a little bit of light on WHY they have so much chemistry, and probably WHY they aren't dasting...yet

Quote:
‘I remember somebody saying to me: “If you’re dating your *skating partner and the *relationship breaks down, you won’t have your *skating partner,’’ ’ says Jayne.
‘We were very conscious the most important thing to us was the skating. We put in an awful lot of work. We wouldn’t throw it away with a relationship with each other — or with other people — because we didn’t have the time. It takes over your life.’
Quote:

trying hard to find the right words to explain this thing with Jayne. ‘It’s unique,’ he says. ‘We’re not brother and sister. We’re not husband and wife. But we formed our own friendship that required much more trust than any *relationship
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...e-Torvill.html

As for the Temptaion lift, maybe Marina/Igor got the Idea for it VIA Weaver/Poje's "I Love Rock N Roll" number.
look at 2:40..its similar to temptation as she rolls up/over his back (just a thought)

Oh and here in England (U.K.) It's 14th July... which is Igors Birthday

Roses are RED, Facebook is BLUE.
27 Mutual FRIENDS, but.. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!????

Last edited by RiverNene; 07-13-2011 at 04:59 PM
Old 07-13-2011, 06:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hello everyone I search the medal ceremony from Worlds 2010 with the hug. If someone have it upload or find it on youtube lol. I search it on youtube but it seem that it disapear ....

"It was just about skating together and skating from our hearts and enjoying the moment for us and skating for the two of us," said Virtue
{ Noee }
Old 07-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Here's an Olympic album I don't believe has ever been posted over here:

Ice Dance Free Skate, February 2010
Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Noee, which hug? Did you check the CBC website w/ the full programs?

New? article! (dated June 28th).

Quote:
Chan, Virtue, Moir, to headline Skate Canada International

The International Skating Union (ISU) has announced the line-ups for the six ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating events. Canada will host the second stop on the circuit, the 2011 Skate Canada International in Mississauga, Ontario from October 27-30, 2011 at the Hershey Centre.

“We are very pleased with the selection of athletes for Skate Canada International and with a smaller number of entries overall fans will see a stronger competitive field. We always push to have our top Canadian stars at this event and fans in Mississauga won't be disappointed,” said William Thompson, Skate Canada CEO. “We will also see strong teams coming from the United States, Russia and Japan all looking to collect valuable points in order to qualify for the ISU Grand Prix Final. Fans can look forward to World Champion Patrick Chan, Olympic Ice Dance Champions Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and World pair silver medalists Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia as a few of the highlights.”

“This year we will have a strong veteran presence, but also a group of young juniors led by World Junior Champion Andrei Rogozine, that will make the transition to the senior series,” said Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canada Director High Performance. “We are looking forward to a successful season on the circuit as the skaters aim for spots at the ISU Grand Prix Final.”

2011 Skate Canada International Entries*:

Men's
Patrick CHAN (CAN)
Andrei ROGOZINE (CAN)
TBD (CAN)
Alban PREAUBERT (FRA)
Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)
Denis TEN (KAZ)
Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)
Alexander MAJOROV (SWE)
Ross MINER (USA)
Adam RIPPON (USA)

Ladies
Amelie LACOSTE (CAN)
Cynthia PHANEUF (CAN)
TBD (CAN)
Sarah HECKEN (GER)
Akiko SUZUKI (JPN)
Alena LEONOVA (RUS)
Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA (RUS)
Rachael FLATT (USA)
Mirai NAGASU (USA)
Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Pair
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)
Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN)
TBD (CAN)
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN)
Xiaoyu YU / Yang JIN (CHN)
Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN (JPN)
Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE (RUS)
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)

Ice Dance
Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR (CAN)
Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE (CAN)
TBD (CAN)
Lucie MYSLIVECKOVA / Matej NOVAK (CZE)
Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT (FRA)
Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE (ITA)
Ekaterina PUSHKASH / Jonathan GUERREIRO (RUS)
Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO (RUS)

Skate Canada International is the second competition in the annual ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating series. The other events take place in the United States (Skate America), China (Cup of China), France (Trophée Eric Bompard), Russia (Rostelecom Cup) and Japan (NHK Trophy).

Skaters are awarded points based on their placements in the series' events. The top-six men and ladies and the top-six pair and ice dance teams qualify for the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final to be held in Quebec City, Que., from December 8-11, 2011 at the Pavillon de la Jeunesse at ExpoCité.
Tessa Virtue Scott Moir (Photo: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images)

zoom
(Photo: Quinn Rooney/Getty Images)
Share This
Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to FarkAdd to TwitterAdd to Stumble UponAdd to Reddit
Print this Story
Source: Chan, Virtue, Moir to headline Skate Canada International

(formerly gg_all_da_way) - Liz

Icon by Aly.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link Liz!

Quote:
‘It’s unique,’ he says. ‘We’re not brother and sister. We’re not husband and wife. But we formed our own friendship that required much more trust than any *relationship.
Wow, this is almost word-for-word what TS said in that one CTV profile interview!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 07-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris9918 (View Post)
Here's an Olympic album I don't believe has ever been posted over here:

Ice Dance Free Skate, February 2010
Thanks. I hadn't seen that album before.

The picture that shows Scott kissing Tessa's cheek as they leave the ice also has a nice shot of Jordan and Kate Virtue applauding them (the two women in the front row right above the Olympic rings - Jordan on the left with the brown jacket and Mrs. Virtue to her right with blonde hair). They also appear in several other pictures as T&S take their bows. I've seen lots of pictures of the Moirs watching the Olympic FD, but these are the first I've seen that show Tessa's mom and sister.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterLiz88 (View Post)
Noee, which hug? Did you check the CBC website w/ the full programs?
This one Liz

"It was just about skating together and skating from our hearts and enjoying the moment for us and skating for the two of us," said Virtue
{ Noee }
Old 07-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

That impromptu hug is lovely. I even caught it, inadvertently, with my camera (from a distance), while taking random photos during the medal ceremony, and was very amused to discover it when I got home from Torino.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ioanava...in/photostream

Hopefully Scott's comment on his FB that they are excited for the new season means that things are going well with their training, and healthwise.

Last edited by Avocagirl; 07-14-2011 at 02:08 PM
Old 07-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

Just made my FIRST GIF, is this the hug you were on about Titenoee?

GIFSoup

It's such a cute moment anyway,
and it's from HERE but the moment the hug happens is HERE!!

credit to: WinterForever2009 for uploading the medal ceremony to youtube

ETA via Titter - @LynnRutherford

Roses are RED, Facebook is BLUE.
27 Mutual FRIENDS, but.. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!????

Last edited by RiverNene; 07-14-2011 at 07:16 PM
Old 07-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww that hug!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 07-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Marina is one busy lady

T&S are on the official poster for All that Skate Summer.

Source
Old 07-15-2011, 07:14 AM
New Fan

Hi everybody!! I'm new here because actually I'm Italian and I've never seen this thread before!! My name is Benedetta, I'm 17 and I'm a student of a school in Milan (I'm from Italy, as I said).
I love skating and I became truly addicted to T&S, but my story is very strange.
I've been following them since 07-08 season, I fell completely in love with their "Dark eyes" and their "Umbrellas of Cherbourg" at Worlds. I was so thrilled for their performances in 2009 but I was a little disappointed because of their "not-romantic relationship". Then I stopped to watch them for a while (and I really can't remember why!) but after the Olympics (I love all three of their programmes) I really lost my head for them. This year I wanted them to be on the top of the podium for their epic FD but I'm ok with the silver because they had had a really tough season.
And now I'm so happy they'll compete the next season, I hope I can go to see them at worlds in Nizza next year (if they won't change idea!)
And I love so much their partnership and friendship, they could be such a great couple and they are gourgeous people.

Woow I wrote a lot!! I hope I'll be well in with you guys!
Sorry for my bad english (and for every possible mistake) but I'm trying to learn it at school and make it better! I have to add that I know Greta because I met her on an Italian forum and I know she loves Tessa & Scott as much as I do. (for Greta: ciao! si, alla fine ho deciso di registrarmi!! )
Old 07-15-2011, 07:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi Benedetta, e benvenuto! That's so fun that you know Greta. I hope you get to see Tessa and Scott at Worlds, that would be such a great opportunity. (And your English is great!)

Barb, thanks for bringing that poster over. Wow, it's only a month away now!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:31 AM
New Fan

thank you very much hackysack!! Yes, I'm sure that it would be a great thing (I can't really imagine to see them in live! Probably I would faint!! )
I didn't notice that poster!! Wow! I'm so excited to see them again!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread