Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Master Fan

Scott MoirღTessa Virtue ♥ #11 - Because they're still learning about each other after 14 years.

A place to post Pictures, Videos, News about Tessa & Scott - the Canadian Gold Medalists & World Champions.

1. AmericanDirrty
2. JudyC
3. Katie1231
4. Cathangel
5. Rinslet
6. kayrey
7. Miss Fate
8. Merlin_Bodhi
9. Oh-Canada
10. jhlover
11. Dingbat
12. neonbliss
13. daneeollie
14. lipsticklullabies
15. mariem201
16. Laurababora
17. tsforever
18. Leyton Love
19. Sunset_Stripper
20. truly
21. jaycee19
22. cutejanam
23. coconut16
24. Janelle
25. freckles101
26. patiskating
27. Marcy
28. SergeantPepper
29. princessofpower
30. Middiegurl08
31. ~Inspire~
32. 59hawaii
33. Rochi0823
34. canadablue
35. bluestockinghp
36. yodeleihihou
37. Bella Cullen
38. Puck's Girl
39. sit_spin
40. PaperGirl
41. Golden
42. Swamy
43. athena_
44. babalonga
45. Tiptoes
46. -Ann-
47. jigglypuff77
48. Spirinity
49. haleyliana
50. --erika
51. gg_all_da_way
52. Liralu
53. Titenoee
54. jenni89
*Ask to be added to the Supporters List.

MOMENTS

credit:n720

Because "it looks like they were born for each other."
Because when she just looks at him, he knows that she means no.
50 per cent sport, 50 per cent art. 100 per cent awesome.
Because "this pair represents harmony."
Because "I can't picture my life without Scott."
Because his favourite thing about Vancouver was "Hanging with my girl, T, here."
Because even their families ship them.
Because Tessa's Dad thinks she's found her soulmate in Scott.
Because Scott will always take the fall for Tessa.
Because they'd wake up at the same time.
Because Tessa skipped a grade for Scott.
Because Tessa gave up the National Ballet to skate with Scott.
Because skating with any other person "is not a choice."
Because "their hearts beat at the same time."
Because "they sense each other's every move."
Because from the beginning Carol Moir knew they had something special.
Because "they do love each other in a way that's undeniable."
Because with just a glance, one can tell what the other is thinking.
Because even in rehearsal they are sizzling.
Because "we're just talking about getting to second base, right?'' - Scott
Because Scott asked, "We're just talking about getting to second base, right?"
Because everything about them is MADE OF WIN!

Last edited by AmericanDirrty; 04-06-2010 at 09:07 AM
AmericanDirrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

eee! thanks for the new thread!

I can't believe we're on 11 already!
..damn, you kill me when you hold me like I'm your world.
middiegurl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Addicted Fan

Woot! Thanks for opening this thread. Bringing the discussion over from the previous post..

Quote:
I always found this video very sweet - especially at 4:45 - and shows how Scott's brother, Danny, looks at Tessa as his li'l sis with a "good job" kiss on the cheek and pat on the back. It's possible that the Virtues didn't tag along to Monaco - Tessa's mom and sis were there last summer, so maybe they passed on this trip this time. (Or maybe their pics were not posted for privacy reasons.) How lonely for Tess, though, if she didn't have anyone to hang out with.
I'm sure since the Moirs are a surrogate family to Tessa, she's having a blast with them. And I'm also sure Scott is hanging out with her too He's too good a best friend to forget her!

ETA: Love the college on the OP- I wish Tessa and Scott could see it! and also, the Junior Worlds Vid was so cute.. loved how Danny just automatically hugs Tessa as well. It's cute how she's part of his family too

Last edited by gg_all_da_way; 04-01-2010 at 04:52 PM
gg_all_da_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

TFTNT! OH MY GOD. Love LOVE LOVE the OP!
Mary ♔ Francis
PaperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:57 PM
New Fan

TFTNT ! This OP is made of win

By the way, I'm wondering... It has been confirmed that Scott's "official" facebook is the one linked in the OP, right ? It's not that one, hm ? =/
-Ann- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
It's not that one, hm ? =/
hee! I'd hope not!
gg_all_da_way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Loyal Fan

thanks for the new thread and the lovely OP

Last edited by Tiptoes; 04-01-2010 at 06:04 PM
Tiptoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ann- (View Post)
TFTNT ! This OP is made of win

By the way, I'm wondering... It has been confirmed that Scott's "official" facebook is the one linked in the OP, right ? It's not that one, hm ? =/
Yes that is his facebook, some how the link got all mixed up in the OP. I don't even know whose facebook that was, haha. I fixed it.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread! I love the title. Did you make that collage Kristen? It's GORGEOUS!

WARNING: Long post ahead. (This is what happens after catching up with so many pages worth of discussion. )

So, it appears Jessica is in Monacco with Scott after all. Deep down I knew to expect it, but without confirmation I was willing to go along with my own hopes of it just being TS. But in reality the vacation is for TS and all of their accomplishments this past season; I'm sure they're having a blast. I just wish we knew whether or not Tessa's family was there too - might make things a bit akward for Jess though, maybe. (Depending on how well she knows them).

Re: discussion on Tessa and Scott's media-savvyness. I for one don't believe that they overtly think about it or "plan" what to do or say in an interview. Sure, they're aware of the image they could be projecting, the image they "supposedly" have to project (something I don't really get, because to me there is no image beyond the two of them and their connection, that's what I see everytime I see and watch them, not whether or not some of it may or may not be genuine). They know people are aware of their connection, they know that it sets them apart from everyone else, so WHY would Scott have to be "media savvy" and add even more fuel to the fire by that gesture in the Tracy interview? Idk, the thought of them discussing what to "do" in an interview kind of sickens me, because they don't seem like that kind of people AT ALL to me. I'm probably naive too, but I just think it's genuine, for the most part they're not going to worry about who's watching because their love and admiration for each other is just so natural. I mean it's been 13 years of everything together, so I think they just go with the flow, and as someone else mentioned, the emotions come from the heart and they're not going to hide their connection or "play around with it" for an image to please or sway fangirls' purposes.

Quote:
The major discussion at the meeting was about the new short dance, but there were some other interesting points for the free dance rules for next year. The biggest change is that the free dance music will be required to have an "uplifting effect" and there will be a deduction if the music is determined to be depressing. For costumes, the ladies must have a full skirt and their upper body must be mostly covered. Seniors will have the option in the FD of two short and one long lift or four short lifts. Kneeling/knee sliding/sitting on the ice will be considered a fall and a deduction will be taken. In what I would like to call the Domnina/Shabalin rule, no part of the costume may be used as support for any lift. They have also added some new features to the twizzles, including having the head completely back with the face to the ceiling as an additional feature.
I don't even know where to begin with this.

ARE THEY FOR REAL?! I know y'all have already discussed this a lot, but I've gotta get my two cents in as well: What exactly are the REASONS for these new rules? To HINDER the sport of figure skating even more?! Why should the judges get to decide what kind of music a pair skates to (OK, don't do an exhibition-esque song like that one team [can't for the life of me remember their names or which country even] did in their Worlds FD with "Everybody Dance Now" for a short bit), why put that limit on the skating teams? And why must the upper bodies of the females be mostly covered? They've gotten along just fine with that until now, I don't see what the deal is with that.

The things that worry me the most, are the lifting rules, and the kneeling rules. If they cannot add additional lifts beyond what's required (like V/M did with The Goose) anymore, that is just so absurd and pathetic. Fans LOVE watching the lifts, there aren't that many to begin with and V/M have so much to offer in that department (In all departments, but beside the point right now).

The kneeling thing, my heart felt like it dropped into my stomach when I read it in the previous thread, it's still not quite sinking in just WTH they are doing and thinking with this. Like many others mentioned, with this new rule, we would never have seen that beautiful ending pose to Mahler, and many other gorgeous beginnings and endings of various performances of theirs. Just HOW exactly would it be considered a fall? It's all part of the choreography, it doesn't make the programs any weaker, often times it actually accentuates something particular and it makes it fascinating to watch - like V/M's final pose, the way she fell and he caught her in his arms so gently, their unique arm/hand movements...it was so beautiful and MEMORABLE!. If these rules go through, particularly this kneeling one, I will be devastated.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Full Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Gladys I agree with you on everything you said. I, too, just cannot see them planning it out. For one thing, they're seem like such genuine people - Scott does play the media a bit but I really believe that what we see - from that everything is very genuine and real from the two of them.

And I share your rage about these rules. I am BEYOND furious at them. They're truly just trying to suck any heart and soul out of it by just pushing it backwards and backwards. It's horrible. THE LIFTS! For lord's sake that's one of the defining things about Ice Dance - I don't get to see this in the Pairs discipline and I love it in Ice Dance. *rages*

I know - the kneeling one really hurts me. To think the Mahler without that ending *bursts into tears*
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 04-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Fate (View Post)
Thanks for the new thread! I love the title. Did you make that collage Kristen? It's GORGEOUS!
Yes I did make it, thank you!! I worked really hard on it, it took a long time to make. But I love how it turned out.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's worth pointing out that while they've probably had training from Skate Canada on how to handle the press, I'm pretty sure they didn't have an agent until this season. And they've been adorable for a lot longer than that!

For the collage at the top, the 3rd row, 2nd picture from the left, where is that picture from or do you have a link? I don't think I've seen that before.
Tiger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Kristen - it's absolutely gorgeous bb!
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Elite Fan

11?! Where'd the 10th go?! Geeze! I go out an miss it

Lovely OP!
Dingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I imagine it taking days to do, it's incredible all the gorgeousness in one collage like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperGirl (View Post)
Gladys I agree with you on everything you said. I, too, just cannot see them planning it out. For one thing, they're seem like such genuine people - Scott does play the media a bit but I really believe that what we see - from that everything is very genuine and real from the two of them.

And I share your rage about these rules. I am BEYOND furious at them. They're truly just trying to suck any heart and soul out of it by just pushing it backwards and backwards. It's horrible. THE LIFTS! For lord's sake that's one of the defining things about Ice Dance - I don't get to see this in the Pairs discipline and I love it in Ice Dance. *rages*

I know - the kneeling one really hurts me. To think the Mahler without that ending *bursts into tears*
Yeah, IA on that he plays the media sometimes. It seems he enjoys it too. But to me, the distinctiong comes with ACTIONS and WORDS. The media teasing is all in words, almost all from his mouth. The actions, that to me reveals SO MUCH, it's all so real and genuine (Not to say that ALL words out of his mouth are just teasing and not genuine; far from it, but with things like "going on a romantic retreat" - obviously teasing us all. ). From his eyes lighting up when she's speaking, the way he looks at her with so much admiration, his protectiveness, his pride, his embraces - I doubt he stands there mentally timing just for how long they should hug before breaking apart; or for how long he should look *coughSTAREcough* at her in an interview before attempting to make his eyes look somewhere else. They just do it because that's what they've always done, it's natural, it's genuine.

And I'm bursting into tears with you Anna! I just...it breaks my heart to think that those kinds of maneuvers may not be viewable to the skating fans anymore next season, or ever. It's so SILLY to me! They are not FALLING, they are incorporating these lower-on-the-ice positions into their program. How dull will it be, knowing that beginnings, endings, etc. of each and every performance of each and every skating team will involve standing upright on the ice? They really are just pushing it more and more backwards like you said, and it's soo frustrating! Imagine the frustration for Tessa and Scott, having to work around these ridiculous rules!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Full Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread