Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* (View Post)
Thanks princess. Btw I couldn't upload those pics from Instagram for you. I couldn't get it to work.
Shayii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayii (View Post)
Thanks princess. Btw I couldn't upload those pics from Instagram for you. I couldn't get it to work.
Don' worry, I'm at pc now

http://i.imgur.com/D6GAaSM.png
*Ice Princess* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Old 02-26-2014, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks you for all the pictures, they look lovely.

Them getting the flowers is cute.

» Brennan Mulwray Shalimar Fox
Icon by Montana
Full Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

My post just disappeared. I think FF is judging me. But since I was basically laughing at myself when I wrote the post, I guess that's fair. Let's see if I can condense. My brain is filled with useless VM knowledge (and other useless knowledge.) Anyway. Long story short, a number of months ago I was on a strange path of trying to figure out who was representing VM as management. Today I found out that whatever else was going on for a while (I can't even remember what conclusions I came to on that path I took), VM are again, or still, managed by Danny Fritz, who left IMG to start his own company. VM may be their only non-golf clients! But yeah, his twitter and the company (Sportbox) twitter was active for VM in February, and they're on the official website.
SportBox Group . TALENT
(I started looking into it again because I could remember the original tweets of Tessa in her paso doble dress for a photoshoot, and of course finally those pictures were making their way into the world with P&G.)

On another note, have I been so Olympics focussed that I had no idea that W network had been updating their video page for VM? To me, there were lots of new mini videos, like "Tessa On Scott" (um, now that I've typed that, it amuses me, but of course it's questions about Scott that Tessa is answering) or "Working Out with Tessa". And best of all, another video of VM competing in 1998 as wee little things.
http://www.wnetwork.com/shows/tessa-scott/clips

And thanks for the photos, Ice Princess... beautiful!

ETA: holy smokes, that's a lot of touring they'll be doing. Superstars on Ice in Sopporo, Japan early April; Stars on Ice Japan, mid-April; Canadian Stars on Ice late-April-mid May. (Mind you, the US tour of SOI is a couple of months of touring this year on it's own, so I guess this is comparative.) I am trying very hard to be all realistic. But there is the small, hopeful part of my brain saying, "Well, they'll be in Japan anyway....". I must laugh at myself all over again. But it looks like the VM obsession can continue at least for a little while. I'm hoping that with Jeff on the Japan tour too, that maybe he's the group choreographer for both tours and they'll only have to learn one major set of programs, with the inevitable changes that come with a change in cast. But it's also nice to see that they'll have not just Jeff and Joannie, but the Shibs on the Japan SOI tour; a little piece of familiar. (Will VM make their ShibSibs flim debut?)

Last edited by Meyers; 02-26-2014 at 11:58 PM
Meyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can somebody upload those clips that Meyers is talking about for those of us geoblocked.
Shayii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

(Sorry Shayii, if I could, I would. Hopefully they show up soon!)

In the meantime, enjoy this gala practice video. Haven't even watched the other ones she's uploaded just recently, but this one (which seems boring at first, relatively speaking) is so full of gems at the end!!! Hilarious.

OWG Gala practice 22.02.14 - YouTube
Old 03-01-2014, 02:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

This gala practice maks me laugh Oh Scott

Btw, I uploaded the yesterday's CTV interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf_S6FlLAWU

Old 03-01-2014, 04:01 PM
New Fan

Thanks everyone for all the pictures and putting the geoblocked stuff on youtube. It's very appreciated!

I'm still not reconciled to Tessa and Scott not getting the gold medal they deserved. I'm actually more angry, when I think of everything that had to be put in place for this podium to happen.

I'm normally very optimistic about good outcomes but right now I don't know that I believe any of this backstory will ever be allowed to be investigated and made public. But I am very optimistic about Tessa and Scott's legacy. I think they will be seen as iconic as Torvill/Dean, if not more.

All the discussion has been so centered around the skating (a good thing!), I don't think I've seen many comments about the more shallow stuff, such as costumes.

So I'll say here, I loved Tessa's FD dress. I didn't care for her hair in a bun, I just don't think that's the most flattering look for her. But I thought the dress was beautiful, and I was happy Scott chose the very dark blue costume. To me, a lovely FD look for their program.
bluecastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

I understand your frustration bluecastle -- VM brought me back to watching skating, and I've really enjoyed it, but I'm concerned with where things seem to be going and I'm not sure I want to be invested in other skaters down the line if it means I'm going to end up this disillusioned with the results!

I was "worried" all season about their costumes (not actually worried, but well, if I were to look back I bet I said more unflattering things than good things about their costumes this year) but I felt they really hit the ball out of the park for the Olympics. It was interesting, the FD, in finding a costume for it. The theme of their program was so open --that is, we knew what their program was about, but unlike their other FD's, this one really didn't "require" a certain look -- which made it both easier and more difficult, I imagine, to find the perfect dress. Eventually I was hoping for a strong colour, but in a very soft, flowing material and pattern. But I was very happy with the individual FD dress, and the contrast to the team event. I also really loved the SD dress in the individual event (already professed my love of the team one) and when I found out that it was the man who also designs for SOI, it suddenly made a lot of sense to me.
Danielle Earl Photography | Wonder | Photo 2
Especially in the top of the dress, you can see the similarities (though this was not the first time the red dress was used in a skating show; I remember Jennifer Robinson wearing it, I think.)

I was excited initially at the beginning of the season to see Tessa wearing her hair down for the FD, but I got over it when every photo of her for Skate Canada and TEB had hair sticking to her face. All I could imagine was this iconic Olympic photo at the end of their program, and she'd have this lock of hair in her eye, or her mouth. Her hair at GPF was a fun alternative, but I don't think it would have been right either. So, I was okay with the bun, though I've never been anti-bun like I know some are.

Skate Canada keeps posting new collages; I like their pic in this one.
Danielle Earl Photography | Wonder | Photo 2
Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 AM
New Fan

so i guess its official now that they are not going to worlds, even though we knew this before, skate canada released the names today of those who are going to Japan.

also thanks ice princess for uploading the ctv interview of scott onto youtube!

also here are some of the photos that they did with Myra Klarman

Relish :: Tessa Virtue + Scott Moir: Fall 2013*Shoot // Ann Arbor Photographer, Client, Headshot, Ice Dancing, Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue

take a look!!

Last edited by tsfan; 03-03-2014 at 11:12 AM
tsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

^^Ah well, not really a surprise, but I admit to having a little hope since they were going to be in Japan not long after Worlds anyway, LOL. But it's probably for the best -- not that VM can't skate just as well, but they really did have two perfect skates at the Olympics and almost anything they did at Worlds would probably not have been quite as good.

I'm now putting all my ice dances hopes onto P/I -- not for a medal, but for two great skates. And for W/P to feel some redemption after the dumping at Olympics. It'll be interesting to see how the medals play out, if DW don't go to Worlds either.

But oh, Skate Canada is going to have some major changes in their numbers for Worlds next year, if I'm remembering how the rules work.

VM (and Patrick) were at an RBC event today in Toronto -- looks like some speech stuff, publicity, and they got to skate with some kids at an outdoor rink. Apparently tomorrow they'll be on a morning show:

Mackay Taggart ‏@mackaytaggart 43m
Four of Canada's most talented athletes join us on @MorningShowCA tomorrow: Georges St-Pierre, Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue, and @DaraHowell!
https://twitter.com/mackaytaggart

ETA: MYRA KLARMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Relish :: Tessa Virtue + Scott Moir: Fall 2013*Shoot // Ann Arbor Photographer, Client, Headshot, Ice Dancing, Scott Moir, Tessa Virtue
Old 03-03-2014, 08:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

MYRA KLARMAN PHOTOS We've all been waiting for this day to come again! Those three together sure know how to pull off some stunning engagement photos

I'm glad they're not skating worlds, even if it means less T/S on ice for us to drink in. By the looks of it, we'll still get plenty from all the touring they'll be doing, not to mention the interviews and media appearances.

Tessa&Scott /// Larry
TygerTyger711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Myra's photoshoot!!!!! YEah! We hoped so long for a new photohoot by Myra and here is
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I uploaded the vid of Tessa and Scott teaching the kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_zTc0S2fG8E

Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 03-04-2014 at 03:30 AM
Old 03-04-2014, 12:08 PM
New Fan

here is an interview from global (this is the whole show)

http://globalnews.ca/video/1186495/t...ing-show-mar-4

im in the states right now and i am able to view it no problem.
tsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top