Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2014, 05:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Random: VM are at the Ottawa Senators hockey game tonight.

https://twitter.com/max_keeping/stat...506113/photo/1

https://twitter.com/max_keeping/stat...154369/photo/1

https://twitter.com/jenn_shah/status...407104/photo/1

And, aww, old picture of a young VM:
https://twitter.com/MikeHatLFPress/s...029376/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Tania1213/status...953472/photo/1

Last edited by Meyers; 03-20-2014 at 05:43 PM
Old 03-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww that's so awesome they were at the game!

Thanks for the pictures.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 03-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

^^I wonder how they choose to go to these. I mean, obviously, it's a pre-planned thing, with a lot of people involved -- photo ops, medal displays, interviews, etc. But I'm curious what the "motivation" is behind it. Is it literally just a "hey, here are some Olympians", um, tour? And I just don't follow other athletes so I don't know that other medal winners are doing the same? Or is it a more specific sponsor-related appearance? Or promotionally, for CSOI? I mean, the Leafs, well, it isn't too far from home for them and Scott is a self-professed Leafs fan. But the Sens... that's a relatively long trek for them.

I'm glad they're getting so much post-Olympic attention. They got it last time too, but they had to 'wait' since they had to train for Worlds right after. Meanwhile, I realized that Worlds starts in a few days, and I realized all over again that VM wouldn't be there. This will be the first Worlds since 2007 that hasn't had VM on the podium!

Sens TV with Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue - Inside the Senate Blogs

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...02679908111857
Old 03-21-2014, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

more photos from the sens game courtesy of twitter

apparently scott's going to be playing a hockey game for charity???
Old 03-21-2014, 06:25 PM
New Fan

You guys are great with finding and posting all the latest news and pictures. Thank you!

It's cracking me up all the advertising for the various Tessa and Scott appearances keeps referring to them as Canadian Sweethearts. This in spite of that recent reality show making sure the public knew all about Scott's hot and heavy relationship with someone other than Tessa.

While I personally never believe Scott's "girlfriends" are real I'm kind of surprised at this almost complete ignoring of the show's narratives.

I'm very much looking forward to Worlds and how the scoring will go in ice dance. Do you think Tessa and Scott might be waiting to see what the ISU is doing before making a decision about competitive skating?
Old 03-22-2014, 09:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3ToThF2ibc Don't think this has been posted here. The actual episode airs Monday
Old 03-22-2014, 04:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Very SERIOUS and IMPORTANT video-message from Tessa e Scot!!! Tessa & Scott - George Strombo PSA - YouTube

Tessa and Scott at Women's Lifestyle Show in London today, report from a fan - Source

http://i.imgur.com/D6GAaSM.png
Old 03-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ice Princess* (View Post)
Very SERIOUS and IMPORTANT video-message from Tessa e Scot!!! Tessa & Scott - George Strombo PSA - YouTube

Tessa and Scott at Women's Lifestyle Show in London today, report from a fan - Source

@JennPhantastic also tweeted
Quote:
"When we crossed the border they would ask for a note from Tessa's parents cuz they thought I was stealing her to Vegas & elope."
i'm looking at that car photo and thinking "what the hell did they do that would warrant such an assumption? " they were probably caught canoodling once

Last edited by binker; 03-22-2014 at 05:46 PM
Old 03-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

^^LOL, I haven't seen any video for that quote yet, but I admit my assumption was a lot more benign. I figured, back in the day, when VM would have basically been minors and crossing the border, and that would certainly cause a few raised eyebrows when they would get customs agents who weren't seeing them consistently. (Or, even a couple of years later than that when they would have still looked like minors, LOL.)

Meanwhile, just watched most of Strombo (I missed the beginning). Yet, my favourite part might have been what came after VM, when he was introducing Elvis Stoijko and mentioned his 'luxuriant mullet' as the old clips played!

Watching once, and 'live' always leaves a lot of blanks in the memory, but it was a slightly odd interview (admittedly, I haven't seen most of their post-Sochi media stuff) in that they were certainly trying to straddle a lot of lines... the judging, the coaching situation... I felt like they were very careful in choosing what they were saying. I LOL'd at Strombo asking if now that they were retired, could they say things they couldn't before? And Tessa being all, "Well, we haven't offically retired, so I don't know!" Such a sad statement about the sport. Of course, there's also the line between confidence in your skating and sour grapes/arrogance, and we've seen how much people seem to love assuming that VM fall into the latter category, so perhaps it's never going to be 'safe' enough for them to say anything.

I agree that sibling teams can be a little weird! I'll never forget the comment about siblings just having to forget about being siblings while being on ice, to portray things like the Tango Romantica with conviction. Uck. But on the other hand, VM train with and are about to tour in Japan with the Shibs, and so while Tessa would 'never do what she does with Scott with a brother', you also have to take into account that mostly, sibling teams also never do those things. And Scott admitting that his bro and cousin skating together creeped him out... again LOL. But with a small side smirk, I have to remember that this is also a team that until relatively recently, referred to themselves as brother and sister-like, so I take this whole quick question/soundbite with Strombo with a grain of salt.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:42 PM
New Fan

Hi,

I was just wondering what you guys think is going to happen on stars on ice.

After the Vancouver Olympics they had signings at sears stores before the shows, but they don't have that at every stars on ice. I was wondering since now it is after another olympics are they going to have signings again?

what are your thoughts?

Also has anyone been to a meet and greet at stars on ice before? what are they like?
Old 03-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)
I agree that sibling teams can be a little weird! I'll never forget the comment about siblings just having to forget about being siblings while being on ice, to portray things like the Tango Romantica with conviction. Uck. But on the other hand, VM train with and are about to tour in Japan with the Shibs, and so while Tessa would 'never do what she does with Scott with a brother', you also have to take into account that mostly, sibling teams also never do those things. And Scott admitting that his bro and cousin skating together creeped him out... again LOL. But with a small side smirk, I have to remember that this is also a team that until relatively recently, referred to themselves as brother and sister-like, so I take this whole quick question/soundbite with Strombo with a grain of salt.
No joke, right? Scott was creeped out "for years" about his bro and cousin skating together, and yet referred to his partnership with Tessa as brother and sister-like even after Vancouver. It's almost (but not quite) as bad as Tessa saying she didn't talk at all with Scott, or even text him post 1st CECS surgery, and then saying that she talked on the phone with him occasionally during that period at the "Off the Record" interview. Sometimes the lack of integrity just boggles the mind.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

so v/m are definitely retiring/cutting ties with canton. they were at the red wings game last night and were spotted at arctic edge.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

They were at the Red Wings last night? Tonight apparently they're at another Sens game, in Ottawa. (Again I scratch my head at the Ottawa connection.) I am curious though -- they were at a Detroit hockey game, and in Canton at Arctic Edge, so why do you think they're cutting ties?

Perhaps Scott is only creeped out by actual blood relations dancing... but those who just feel like brother and sister are okay.

And sorry tsfan, I am going (and have been) to SOI but never to a meet and greet. I assume it's the same sort of thing, in which you get to say hello to whatever skaters are appearing in a particular city, get something signed, take some pics. The other thing is, Sears is no longer a sponsor, so no convenient place for a generalized signing session -- Investors and Lindt aren't exactly large!

https://twitter.com/jordynm_/status/...343488/photo/1
Old 03-29-2014, 08:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wait, that shot of TS they showed on the jumbotron is from the March 20 game...
Anyway, Superstars on Ice is happening soon. I'm super excited to see them skate again. The tv interviews/appearances have been fun, but I've really missed seeing them on the ice.

OT: Congrats to W/P on their silver medal and P/I on their top ten finish! Still 3 spots for Canada next season. Yay!
Old 03-29-2014, 09:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by squintyfly (View Post)
Wait, that shot of TS they showed on the jumbotron is from the March 20 game...
Anyway, Superstars on Ice is happening soon. I'm super excited to see them skate again. The tv interviews/appearances have been fun, but I've really missed seeing them on the ice.

OT: Congrats to W/P on their silver medal and P/I on their top ten finish! Still 3 spots for Canada next season. Yay!
Hi Squintyfly - VM did attend two separate Senator games. On March 20 - Ottawa was playing the Tampa Bay Lightning and last night Ottawa was playing the Chicago Blackhawks...

Meyers -I am also a little baffled with the Ottawa connection -but then again Ottawa is the home of Skate Canada and isn't there a guy who has done music cuts for skaters is based in the Ottawa area? Perhaps VM are working with him for their exhibition pieces...

As for Worlds - to be honest - I didn't watch any of the events - but congrats to all the skaters - but yikes on the PCS scoring in ice dancing...Can't wait to see VM skate in Japan - and hopefully the Japanese fans will provide vids..

ETA - Squintyfly - you might right, lol - maybe the jumbotron at the Sens game last night just showed a random picture of VM from the March 20th game and people assumed that they were there last night as well...I mean if they were there casually last night - I doubt that Tessa would wear the hockey jersey again, lol..oh twitter...and I second your thoughts about PB...

ETA2 - Thanks for the clarification Titenoee, lol...And well April's Fools Day is a bit early in Montreal with almost 15 cm of snow today and still coming down...I think even the squirrels are wondering - wth

Last edited by dtwyyz; 03-30-2014 at 07:47 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread