Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just wondering why they showed that old clip on the jumbotron during yesterday's game and not the actual shot of VM in the stands. Or maybe they were just showing random clips? (Also, someone tweeted last night that Scott was in a restaurant in London watching the game?! I just found it odd. lol)

I'm still heartbroken for P/B. I so wanted that gold for them.

Oh, in the knc during SD& FD, Kaitlyn said hi to Tessa. It was very cute. I guess they bonded well in Sochi. Also, from someone on Tumblr ,their commentator during Worlds said that Tessa wrote W/P a letter wishing them good luck. So nice and sweet of her if it's true.

Last edited by squintyfly; 03-29-2014 at 10:11 AM
Old 03-30-2014, 05:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwyyz (View Post)
Hi Squintyfly - VM did attend two separate Senator games. On March 20 - Ottawa was playing the Tampa Bay Lightning and last night Ottawa was playing the Chicago Blackhawks...

Meyers -I am also a little baffled with the Ottawa connection -but then again Ottawa is the home of Skate Canada and isn't there a guy who has done music cuts for skaters is based in the Ottawa area? Perhaps VM are working with him for their exhibition pieces...

As for Worlds - to be honest - I didn't watch any of the events - but congrats to all the skaters - but yikes on the PCS scoring in ice dancing...Can't wait to see VM skate in Japan - and hopefully the Japanese fans will provide vids..

ETA - Squintyfly - you might right, lol - maybe the jumbotron at the Sens game last night just showed a random picture of VM from the March 20th game and people assumed that they were there last night as well...I mean if they were there casually last night - I doubt that Tessa would wear the hockey jersey again, lol..oh twitter...and I second your thoughts about PB...
The guy who do their music is base in Montreal

"It was just about skating together and skating from our hearts and enjoying the moment for us and skating for the two of us," said Virtue
{ Noee }
Old 04-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all the pictures everyone. That fan report was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squintyfly (View Post)
Superstars on Ice is happening soon. I'm super excited to see them skate again.
Same here, I really can't wait to see them again since I missed out on it last year.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 04-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

From the Sopporo show:
https://twitter.com/MaiaShibutani/st...706624/photo/1

but my first thought was, "Hey, I know those costumes." SOI tends to re-use -- not a bad thing, as it saves money and that is always good if it means SOI can continue. But yeah, is it sad that I can immediately recognise costumes worn years ago in group numbers, just because there were some great pics of VM in them, LOL?

ETA: completely random. Bored, looking at some "old" VM stuff including the gif of the side-by-side comparison of the Olympic Team FD twizzles of VM/DW. The gif shows, of course, the set of twizzles in which they are each doing a catchfoot, and VM are very much in sync while DW are very much not. There were some comments on the gif, which basically came down to "twizzles aren't the only thing in a program". Man, does that ever make me want to rant, when mostly, I've moved on, LOL. But really, it doesn't come down to a single element in a program, or at least, not very often. Except of course, apparently, when it's VM -- because I seem to recall plenty of 'DW deserved to win because VM messed up their twizzles' comments in the past. Including, Worlds 2013 -- not just the SD, but Carmen, because Tessa's leg went down *after* the twizzle, earlier than Scott's. Including, Olympics Team short program when both of them were wonky. But turnabout is apparently not fair play here.

Meanwhile, it wasn't that their twizzles were out of sync and that they still won that was the issue. Or rather, not the only issue. It was things like, DW's twizzles were visibly off-sync (I remember, to the naked eye, in real time, not just in a slow-mo gif) and yet they had higher GOE than VM (or any other team). It was that one judge thought VM deserved a "0" GOE for their twizzles. (And, I'm not even against that, as weird as it sounds -- if there was also a judge who thought DW's twizzles deserved in the negative, which there wasn't.) And the seven point difference in the Team FD, that made us all say, "Yep. Knew it, was in denial about it, still had hope, but there we have it: the individual medal is already decided." Twizzles be damned. Convenient blind eyes, all on deck!

It wasn't the twizzle, it was the principle.

Last edited by Meyers; 04-07-2014 at 08:44 PM
Old 04-09-2014, 06:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers
It wasn't the twizzle, it was the principle.
I agree.

I've been looking at videos and photos from all of the last quadrennial and I am more than ever convinced D/W did not "win" any of their titles. Especially not the Olympic Gold Medal. They were *given* the medals.

It's a great disappointment after Vancouver, where everyone was saying the new point system had worked. It certainly didn't take the ISU long to figure out how to carry on with the corruption in the judging, the same as they ever did before. But this has to be the most egregious incident to date, in all the years of ice-dance. At least in the past the teams that perhaps got overscored were arguably still in the top three or four of the world, they were still fantastic skaters and ice-dancers. That was not the case this time.

As a fan of this sport it's so frustrating to feel nothing can be done nor will be done.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

well since its #tbt, i just want to say after watching their reality show, i've missed tessa's real, big laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s6DFj13aes

lol they are so cute

btw i dont believe their foutune cookie love ex was posted here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVLV...youtu.be&t=36s
Old 04-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

An article about a myriad of things, including Sochi, CSOI, and the future (with no definitive answers of course, LOL).

PERFECT PAIR - Monday Magazine
Quote:
PERFECT PAIR

by Natalie North - Monday Magazine

posted Apr 17, 2014 at 1:00 PM

As the sound of cymbals rang out marking the end of the free skate, their right hands fell in unison across their hearts and the Sochi crowd erupted in applause for Canada’s ice dance sweethearts. Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir felt the gratification of living a dream they chased since becoming the youngest pair to win ice dance gold in 2010 – and the reverie may be through.

Champion figure skater Kurt Browning, commentating at the time, was reluctant to accept the finality of that moment, which Virtue and Moir admitted may be their last at the Olympic Games. The iconic performance would live on forever, he said, by a pair matured to the pinnacle of their ability.

“We looked at each other with a kiss and cry and said if that’s it, that’s the way to go,” says Moir, on the phone from Japan with the Stars on Ice tour. “Our plan has always been to take some time, do these tours, enjoy skating and see where our lives take us. We like to sit down and talk about how great the Olympics were. It’s almost a romantic connection. It’s hard to say that you won’t do the next Olympic Games after going through the experience that you’ve gone through in Sochi, which was probably the best month in our lives.”

Had Virtue learned, as she trained to defend their gold, that the longtime pair would come in second to their rivals, Americans Meryl Davis and Charlie White, she figures she would have been heartbroken. But while Virtue has come to acknowledge doubts she felt about training with Marina Zoueva, who was also coaching Davis and White in the run-up to the Olympics, she has never once second-guessed the quality of the show they put on in Russia.

“I haven’t gone back to watch our performances yet and I think that’s probably for the best because I’m holding on to the feeling that I had when I finished both programs,” says Virtue. “I really don’t feel like I could have skated any better. … I truly felt better getting off the ice in Sochi than I did getting off the ice in Vancouver, even with the gold.”

The skate was a culmination of a lifetime of work together. Virtue and Moir, now 24 and 26, began skating together in rural Ontario when she was seven and he was nine, a year after Virtue began skating lessons and landed under the direction of Moir’s aunt. Virtue’s grandmother dropped her off at the first lesson – which she had initially requested in preparation for a class field trip – in an origin story now legendary for her grandmother’s take on where her little one was headed.

“My grandma said, ‘You know Tessa’s not taking this very seriously. This is just what she’s doing for fun, so there will be no tests, no competitions. This is just her activity for her enjoyment,’” Virtue says. “Obviously, that didn’t last very long.”

The duo have consistently thrived under the pressure of competition, claiming national and world titles. In 2009, they made history by becoming the first to receive a 10.0 in dance in international competition.

Whether side-by-side during training, touring with Stars on Ice or filming Tessa & Scott a documentary-style television series about their lives now airing on W Network, Virtue and Moir are bonded, not just by a work ethic that sees them on the ice five hours a day mid-season, but a passion for ice dance rooted in the same appreciation for storytelling executed through precise skill.

“It’s kind of that marriage between art and athleticism that I really love and I think that’s what makes the sport special,” Moir says. “With the great champions who have come before us and the champions who are going to come after us, people see that and fall in love with ice dance as much as we have.”

Where Moir is very linear, with a greater understanding of points and certain technical requirements, Virtue is drawn more to exploring the creative side of their programs. With the acrobatics involved in the increasingly technically demanding lifts, Virtue and Moir have sought the guidance of Cirque du Soleil acrobats and lift coaches. As for the primary coach leading them to Sochi, Zoueva, and the dynamic between her and her two competing ice dance pairs – while not uncommon in skating, remains a point of great fascination for audiences. For the majority of their relationship, the close proximity to their rivals created healthy competition. Eventually, their efforts to separate themselves from Davis and White, left the pair feeling very alone in the last season leading into the Olympics, Virtue says.

“It’s impossible to ignore the feelings of doubt, especially when our coach travelled to the US Nationals and not the Canadian Nationals, or she marched with the American team and not the Canadian as she usually does. There were certainly red flags and when you’re in it, it’s hard to step back and get perspective, but looking back there were some moments that we questioned.”

They don’t allow regrets to taint their memories of the event. Instead, they’re twizzling about in the creative opportunities to arise once competition ends and Stars on Ice dates are booked. When Virtue and Moir grace the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre ice May 13 (along with Browning and Olympic silver medallist Patrick Chan among others), they’ll bring with them a rare piece of choreography they crafted together. The first steps to Van Morrison’s Into the Mystic, their feel-good song, used to close training sessions, came about during an informal dance at Moir’s house.

“We started by dancing around his kitchen, playing the music,” Virtue says. “This is a song that’s very meaningful to us because we listened to it a lot before Sochi. Even the lyrics are appropriate to us at this transition in our lives.”

But whether magnificently they will flow into a mystical future on the ice together in the years to come, and whether Sochi truly was their final Olympic dance, is a question to which neither quite has the answer. Virtue is three-quarters of the way through a psychology degree, which she plans to continue online while on tour. Moir indulges in weighing all the possibilities left for him to explore in the world outside skating.

“There’s a lot of sacrifice that comes with being an Olympian,” he says. “I’ve really put school on the sidelines, embarking on this dream of ours. I’d like to go back to school and help some of the younger athletes, hopefully help some of them have some of the experiences that we’ve had. That to me, would be completely fulfilling.”

“This is a time to say yes to things and explore, step out of our comfort zones, basically to see what we like and where our passions lie outside of the confines of the four boards of an arena,” Virtue says.

Given their close relationship and on-ice chemistry, fans have channelled plenty of energy into questioning if it translates into an off-ice romance. It’s so much more than that.

“When we stepped on the ice in Sochi, we looked at each other and said: ‘How cool is this that we get to live this experience with a best friend?’” Virtue says. “I always say that there is only one person on the planet who has lived what I have lived and has experienced our skating career in the same way. That’s Scott, and there’s something really special and unique about that dynamic. We’ll be forever bonded, obviously, just by the sheer amount of time that we’ve spent together, but also because of everything that we’ve gone through as a pair.”
Bolded, because it answers the question about which routine VM choreographed for themselves, as well as making me want to read the lyrics for this song (which I've listened to and appreciate now more than I did when I first heard it.)

"Into The Mystic"

We were born before the wind
Also younger than the sun
Ere the bonnie boat was won as we sailed into the mystic
Hark, now hear the sailors cry
Smell the sea and feel the sky
Let your soul and spirit fly into the mystic

And when that fog horn blows I will be coming home
And when the fog horn blows I want to hear it
I don't have to fear it

And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And magnificently we will flow into the mystic

When that fog horn blows you know I will be coming home
And when that fog horn whistle blows I got to hear it
I don't have to fear it

And I want to rock your gypsy soul
Just like way back in the days of old
And together we will flow into the mystic
Come on girl...

Too late to stop now...

Old 04-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

still not a fan of into the mystic especially the lyrics :/ although the thought of V/M dancing to it in their kitchen scott's kitchen is pretty cute. anyhow here are some practice photos from nats from danielle earl:
Danielle Earl Photography | Thurday Sr. Dance | Photo 333

my favorite ones are:

whoa what's he doing here he's going to get lipstick all over his hands.

sorry for the photodump lol
Old 04-18-2014, 06:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Joining the picspam joy...

Scott Moir - Zimbio

And unrelated to that set, but in the spirit of posterior appreciation 'round the web lately, I present this evidence:

Gallery.ru / ���� #49 - Tessa Virtue&Scott Moir COR2012- practice&SD&FD - culthero
Old 04-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)
Bolded, because it answers the question about which routine VM choreographed for themselves, as well as making me want to read the lyrics for this song (which I've listened to and appreciate now more than I did when I first heard it.)
"Into the Mystic" is a classic. IMO, it's one of the best songs Morrison ever wrote, though it's hard to pick the best track from Moondance because that entire album is iconic.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

there hasnt been a good picspam on FF in a LOOOOOONG while but dayum that ass

JSOI PHOTO DUMP:

what are you two up to?

that glorious hair i cant believe he cut it

im going to miss ur dilf hair
that being said, dten and scott's friendship is super cute!

lmao tessa and jeff match

jordan's in japan??

TASTE

THE

RAINBOW

was this posted here before? they're from the flower ceremony marisha-amber — альбом «Фигурное катание, общий / Олимпиада / Награждение» на Яндекс.Фотках

tessa's posture is divine

ANYONE GOING TO CSOI??? IM GOING!!! AND I CANT WAIT!
Old 04-18-2014, 11:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'll be going to CSOI. I am hoping to get to see video beforehand... I admit, I think I like it better that way. I remember seeing Shall We Dance on Ice, and I was just 'overwhelmed' but not being sure what was coming and trying to remember it all at once!

I can picture Jordan being in Japan. She lives in Australia, IIRC, so relatively speaking, they'd be in the same part of the world.

Thanks for putting all the pictures in the same place, binker!

I really should listen to more Van Morrison, since I always seem to like what I hear. Apparently so far, I just take him one song at a time, at random times.

ETA: Guess I will be checking out IFS even if VM weren't at Worlds, LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inter...g/278550292537

Last edited by Meyers; 04-18-2014 at 11:42 PM
Old 04-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks so much for the picspam everyone - what a feast for the eyes for someone suffering severe T&S withdrawal symptoms!
Old 04-19-2014, 11:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)
I'll be going to CSOI. I am hoping to get to see video beforehand... I admit, I think I like it better that way. I remember seeing Shall We Dance on Ice, and I was just 'overwhelmed' but not being sure what was coming and trying to remember it all at once!

I can picture Jordan being in Japan. She lives in Australia, IIRC, so relatively speaking, they'd be in the same part of the world.

Thanks for putting all the pictures in the same place, binker!

I really should listen to more Van Morrison, since I always seem to like what I hear. Apparently so far, I just take him one song at a time, at random times.

ETA: Guess I will be checking out IFS even if VM weren't at Worlds, LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inter...g/278550292537
lololol d/w, their stint on DWTS & their win doesn't even get a mention on both covers (guess whatever tessa and scott are doing is more important) **** yeah im still bitter idgaf

i wonder what thats all about though?

im going to try to get a video of both their exs and the numbers they are in. i want to take pictures but IIRC theres like this no flash photography policy and my photos look like **** without flash so im better off taking a video. at jsoi the people who attended were told they were not allowed to take pictures or videos i wonder if the rules are the same for csoi? because no one stopped me from filming last time i went (which was like 4 years ago but still)

anyhow... i wonder where this was taken? it looks like they're in a plane or a bus
Old 04-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

https://www.facebook.com/27855029253...type=1&theater

Smart magazine, knowing who to "push" for this edition.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread