120. Quibby
121. sticksandstones
122. hot vanilla
123. julianna739
124. jdcmc
125. Josie2288
126. DLL137
127.BlueCastle

*Ask to be added. Click on image to see rest.

Our favourite programs . . .

. . . . .

Olympic Champions

World Champions

. . . . .

In 2003-2004 season, fourteen-year old Virtue and sixteen-year old Moir made their debut on the ISU Junior Grand Prix circuit. They placed 4th at the event in Croatia and 6th in Slovakia. At the 2004 Canadian Figure Skating Championships, they won the Junior title, qualifying them for the 2004 World Junior Figure Skating Championships, where they placed 11th. They skated to Russian Medley choreographed by their future coach Marina Zoueva and Tutti Frutti. Canadian commentators were gushing about this remarkable new couple, calling them the new Bourne and Kraatz. Coached by Paul MacIntosh and Suzanne Killing, Virtue and Moir were quickly making themselves known in the figure skating world for their intricate footwork and incredible skating abilities.

Before the 04-05 season, Tessa and Scott moved Michigan to train with Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva at the Arctic Edge. The two moved up to seniors in national competitions, but chose to remain juniors internationally being 15 and 17.l Their routines were a slow foxtrot /quickstep original dance to “Call Me Irresponsible” and “Puttin on the Ritz” and a free dance to “Adios Nonino”. The 2004-2005 season was also the debut of the now-famous “Everybody Dance Now” exhibition. Tessa and Scott won silver at the JGP in France and gold China – their first international win. They won silver at the JGP Final. They were in Tessa’s hometown, for their first senior Nationals, where they placed 4th. They earned a silver medal in their second trip to the World Junior Championships, in Kitchener.

The 2005-2006 season for Scott and Tessa was a remarkable one. They competed at their first senior international competition at the Four Continents where they won a bronze medal. At only their second senior Nationals, Scott and Tessa placed third, being named alternates to the Olympic team! At this point these two weren’t even competing as seniors internationally! A commentator at Nationals exclaimed that these two would be Canada’s best ice dancers ever. And right he was as soon after, Scott and Tessa went on to capture their World Junior title becoming the very first Canadian team to do so. By this time they alone were filling the stadium with hundreds of cheering fans.

After winning the World Junior title, the 06-07 season was Tessa & Scott's international senior debut. Despite the fact that they were both still teenagers (often 10+ years younger than their competitors), Tessa & Scott achieved amazing results. They chose to skate a passionate and mature OD to Assassination Tango. Their free dance to Valse Triste played to their strengths. It was soft, lyrical, and romantic; a style that they were known for. On the Grand Prix Circuit, they placed 2nd at Skate Canada. A 4th place finish at TEB narrowly kept them from competing at the GP Final. They placed 2nd at Nationals behind the 2006 World Silver Medallists Dubreuil and Lauzon. At their first ever senior World Championships in Tokyo, Tessa & Scott remarkably finished in 6th place - something that had rarely been seen in ice dance. Everyone knew that Tessa & Scott had something special.

For the 2007-2008 season, Tessa and Scott danced to "Dark Eyes," a Russian folk song, for their OD and "Umbrellas of Cherbourg" for their FD. At their second Grand Prix, they placed first in Skate Canada, and second at the NHK trophy (where they scored a whopping hundred points for their free dance) making them eligible for the GP Final where they placed fourth. Later in the season, they won their very first national title. This allowed them to then compete at the Four Continents and World Championships, where they won the 4CC’s. With a strong compulsory dance, they sat in second place, and 3rd after the OD at the World Championships. The arena exploded in applause and cheers, as they finished their FD, as they scored a humongous 105 points, beating even the World Champions that night. It was rare to even place in the top ten at a second Worlds, but to win the silver was almost unheard of.

Due to a possible career-ending injury affecting Tessa. (Chronic External Compartment Syndrome), Tessa and Scott had to miss the first half of the 2008-2009 season. During this time Scott trained alone, often using a sandbag as a stand-in for Tessa whilst she recovered at home. Their OD was an energetic Charleston, set to music from “The Boyfriend”. Their FD was a combination of two Pink Floyd songs called “Money”, and “Great Gig in the Sky.” It was in this program that they debuted their now signature lift, The Goose, a complicated manoeuvre involving Tessa balancing with one leg on his thigh. Their free dance program gained rave reviews from international judges and skaters alike. This season, the claimed their second Canadian title, and proved that they were still a force to be reckoned with by winning the bronze medal at Senior Worlds. After the competitive season ended, they went on to tour.

Scott and Tessa made six competitive outings this season and won all but one of the competitions. Olympic year. Their powerful flamenco was set to the iconic Farrucas music (which Gordeeva and Grinkov used for their short at Lillehammer) and their breathtaking free dance was set to Symphony No. 5 by Gustav Mahler. From the moment they debuted their free dance, every single person was in awe. They placed first at TEB, and Skate Canada easily, only to lose to their training mates, Meryl Davis and Charlie White, at the GP Final. They captured their third national title qualifiying them for the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games. The two were more than ready to face the pressure, and not only meet expectations but surpass them. After a strong compulsory, they sat in second to the Russian team. But as they completed their OD, there was no question that these two were in it to win it. After a stunning free dance that left a crowd cheering, standing and weeping at the sheer beauty of it the Olympic gold for theirs. They had become Canada’s Sweethearts. They went on to win their first World title setting a world record with their OD.

. . . . .

“All of a sudden, one day I woke up and ice dance and T e s s a ... that was my whole life.

"There is no next partner for me. I just can't imagine skating with anyone else. I've skated with Scott since I was s e v e n. Not only would it feel w e i r d and kind of w r o n g, it's not an avenue I want to go down."

"Something c h a n g e d in my life when I started to hold on to the hand of a v e r y b e a u t i f u l little girl. And it just seemed to make more sense to hang out with a cute girl than to hang out with 19 other guys."

"I was the o n l y nine-year-old to tell the National Ballet that I was already committed to a partner"

"Then I f o u n d Tessa, and I screwed up the steps in the first competition and she stayed with me and that's when I knew I'd found t h e o n e.''

"We're actually talking most of the way through the program, just little k e y words. Tessa loves to talk, I don't even know how she breathes sometimes.... We are very focused on what we're doing and we l o v e to skate with each other, so that part comes pretty n a t u r a l l y in communicating with each other. And after t h i r t e e n years, we know e x a c t l y what the other person is t h i n k i n g and what they're trying to say by not saying anything, or a look ... like, I can see in her e y e s right n o w I'm rambling. . ." [Moir] said, trailing off.

“Their hearts b e a t at the s a m e t i m e,” says MacIntosh.

“They s e n s e each other’s e v e r y m o v e.”

On the ice, one can tell what the other is thinking with a squeeze of the hand, or the look of an eye.

H a r m o n y. Harmony in everything. If you look at them separately or individually, then yes, Scott is an interesting young boy, Tessa is a charming girl. But when they're t o g e t h e r – it's completely unique harmony between a man and a woman. At least for me. I saw that in them, and for me they're Katia and Sergei in ice dance. They revolutionized pairs skating, and Tessa and Scott r e v o l u t i o n i z e d ice dance.”

"It’s like they were b o r n to skate with each other," White said. "Even when they are walking through brand-new footwork, it looks like they’ve been doing it for y e a r s."

"Their first d a n c e as a Olympic Champions. One of the great stories in Vancouver 2010. Their era has begun. They can dance to Russia and beyond. Two more Olympics, if they want to. Ilderton was watching and celebrating, where Scott's from. London was celebrating, where Tessa's from. Their families and friends were all here. In the end, an entire country stood up and sang O Canada with them.

It was the pair’s c h e m i s t r y that caught the world’s eye—“a trust, and connection that you can’t buy,” legendary ice dancer Victor Kraatz told Maclean’s. “They just connect with each other — connect with the music,” said Shpilband. “It’s magic.”

These kids l o v e one another

. . . . .

- Bring Me Flowers -
- Jump Then Fall-
- Mary's Song -
- Sway -
- Open Your Eyes To Love -
- You'll Be in My Heart -
- The Way -
- Two Is Better Than One -
- Soulmate -
- Fever -
- We're Dancing -
- Why Don't You & I -
- Forever -
- Grace -
- Vanilla Twilight -
- All We Are -
- Crazy For This Girl -
- Come on Get Higher -
- At The Beginning -
- Possibly, Maybe -
- Best Days -
- Gravity -
- One Moment More -
- Awake -
- Amazed -
- The Day I Fall in Love -
- Super Duper Cute -
- High -
- Kiss the Rain -
- Around You -
- Cosmic Love -
- Attractive Tango -
- Northern Sky -
- There's Too Much Love -
- Journey to Gold -
- Fireflies -
- Starry Eyed -
- I Wanna Hold Your Hand -
- You Can -
- Evacuate The Dance Floor -
- May I -

Because “they sense each others every move.”
Because "their hearts beat at the same time.”
Because when Tessa says no, it means no.
Because Tessa gave up the National Ballet to skate with Scott.
Because skating with any other person "is not a choice."
Because from the beginning Carol Moir knew they had something special.
Because they are each other's constants.
Because only they can get bonus points from judges for being awesome.
Because they knew they were going to be Olympic champions.
Because they revolutionized ice dance.
Because "there's no question they can become legends."
Because the OT4 do their part to keep Tim Horton's in business.
Because "You can't replace Tessa, no matter how hard you try."
Because "The only other person that knows what I’ve been through is Scott."
Because Scott says they are a "super team."
Because she's the one thing he needs when traveling

. . . . .

Last edited by Meyers; 03-04-2014 at 08:30 PM
Old 02-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! I'm just bringing my post over from the last thread.

Hey everyone! I haven't been in here in ages, but I never forget that this is where my posting started, and of course watched the competition very attentively today. Wanted to pop in and say hope everyone's doing alright! The underscoring for the Canadian teams, and especially TS is absolutely ludicrous, and I hope the fix will be publicized even moreso now as it's starting to be.

I still wanna bring some positivity in here though! TS undoubtedly skated their hearts out and delivered their best SD of the season, even if it wasn't rewarded. And their smiles, dance, hug, everything afterwards just shows that. They're still my faves and I hope no one loses faith in them no matter what the outcome is tomorrow.

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir - short dance, Sochi 2014
x

February 16, 2014: Scott Moir’s happy dance and Tessa laughing at him after their ice dance short program.
x

x

Lizy // tumblr // Avi by oth.fan
Old 02-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't have the option of watching live today, and I heard about their second place finish on the radio. I came home, and since I was already aware of the standings, I actually looked at the protocols first, and got myself all up in a huff over them. GOE, PCS, how could I not?

But you know what? I sat down and watched, and it really didn't matter. I watched that perfection of a short dance -- and when I say perfection, I mean it, because it had everything going for it -- and I just knew they couldn't have done it better. I actually got a little teary at the end, thinking back to that first outing in Quebec, when I was already so excited by that dance, when it lacked the polish and the stamina. But there it was. The potential of that dance was reached, and it was even better than I had dreamed. They got their moment, and we were lucky enough to get to see it.

I have (I think on here; I know I complained in my head, LOL!) about Carol Lane, but I give her credit. When the scores came up, she said, "They know what they did. We know what they did." Which pretty much sums it up. (And as usual, it's not even that VM are being scored low, for the most part, because their scores are very high -- it's that DW's scores are flung up into the rafters above everyone else's.)

I also complained about their costumes at Nationals; I loved the choices here.

No matter what happens tomorrow, I know this is a dance I'll watch again and again.

ETA: I'm really, really happy they had the skate they wanted... but also because no one can look at that and say, "Oh, well, that's why they lost". I mean, some comments are all, "It was that level" in the Finnstep, but that was a one point difference. Want to know the funniest thing? That part of the Finnstep was the one part where they out GOE'd DW. Seriously. Not by much, but on the section in which the level says they screwed up, the judges said they were better. But my point, is that they still lost GOE and PCS in every other spot, to DW. If it had just been the Finnstep level, they'd only be behind a point. The other point and a half is all the subjective, 'what guidelines?' stuff. The stuff that VM ought to be smashing everyone in, even if on occasion they lose a level. (Like at GPF11, with the 'it's a piss-off' comment in which Scott was not questioning the base value, which was ironically what eventually and unofficially gave them the win in the FD, but the 'artistic' marks when he felt they are the most artistic team. Pardon my old-time language.)

Last edited by Meyers; 02-16-2014 at 09:04 PM
Old 02-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey everyone!

I know I haven't posted here since probably sometime just after 2010. I of course have been following T&S since the last games, and their skate today was simply amazing. As the Canadian commentator said "effortlessly brilliant." I am so glad they had their moment, but it breaks my heart to see them not get the PBs and the scores in general that they should get.

My issue is that T&S/D&W are technically both amazing skaters, but when it comes down to it, T&S have the charisma and the chemistry and artistry, that they should be the ones ahead. This is a huge discrepancy to me, and the gap between the top 2 teams should definitely not be so wide. I would have a lot easier time accepting T&S in second, if it was really close, but its not, and that's what smells fishy to me. I've judged artistic sports myself before, and I know there is no way to pin the judges on the component scores, but its tough to accept the inflation that D&W seem to be enjoying. I know T&S will be remembered in history as the better team, but that's little consolation to me now... anyone else feel the same?
Old 02-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT Meyers

Hi Inspire! Good to have you back. I completely agree with you. It is little consolation if they are remembered that way if they don't get the gold. They deserve the gold and it would be a great legacy to leave. They will leave a legacy nonetheless but I believe that they should be ranked alongside Grishuk and Platov with two gold medals. That is my unbiased opinion, just observing on skating skills alone.

Thanks for the gifs tsforever
Old 02-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I can Be added please I am a huge fan of them . Go Scott & Tessa(Go Canada)! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-57,NJH D-157 OSW D-183, J-Hope D-184, Jinyoung-D-205 JK-D-422

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-35 LDH D-393
Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 AM
New Fan

Hi everyone! I'd just like to thank you all for such being such an amazing fanbase to be apart of during the reign of T&S. It's not like we'll ever abandon ship, but it'll be so different now that they're retired. Regardless of the judging fix and the medals, I hope we'll all be there to watch them skate for each other and for the sport. Three cheers for Tessa and Scott!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just saw VM in a small clip of their warm up -- her dress is pink, and from the small time I saw it, I thought it was beautiful. But what makes me smile about her wearing pink, is that I recall that there was a 'battle' over which dress she would wear at the Olympics in 2010, and Marina won with the white. It was the right choice at the time. But now Tessa gets to wear her pink.

(Of course, now that I'm online, I see that there was a practice video that showed up with her in it, and now I can pay attention to Scott, too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36iTd...RqI%26sns%3Dtw )

ETA: Breathtaking. Stunning. Exactly the kind of skate that they deserved to have, for each other.

Last edited by Meyers; 02-17-2014 at 11:02 AM
Old 02-17-2014, 11:09 AM
New Fan

There's so much I want to say but I don't think I can really put it into words...

Since my emotions are all over the place, all I can say is,

Thank You So Much Tessa and Scott! What a truly wonderful journey it has been!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

After seeing their score Scott said something about staying in for another four years. I wish! What a wonderful skate. Just breathtaking.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

As a Canadian this hurts. They really deserved the gold medal, not that silver isn't good but, Ugh.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 02-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)

But you know what? I sat down and watched, and it really didn't matter. I watched that perfection of a short dance -- and when I say perfection, I mean it, because it had everything going for it -- and I just knew they couldn't have done it better.
And in their long programme too. It was perfect, and I least I didn't feel they were drastically underscored. To be fair I thought D/W had their best skate of the season too, but I can't see how their marks were justified.

As others have said, thanks to Tessa and Scott for so many amazing performances over the years. Best of luck to both of them in all their future endeavours.
Old 02-17-2014, 12:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Holycow - 2 beautiful skates - under pressure! Couldn't be more proud and what a way to end a stunning career! Bravo! It's been one hell of a roller-coaster ride but considering the circumstances - true champions...
Old 02-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

They skated Seasons beautifully I'm so proud of their career.
I'm not happy that they literally have to 'dumb down' their programs every single season for the sake of the judges (and still not be rewarded, at that), and I particularly missed the old lift where they BOTH extend their leg at the same time, but what can ya do.

I can only hope the judging/scoring gets a good revamp in the future.

Tessa&Scott /// Larry
Old 02-17-2014, 12:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

God, I have so many mixed emotions. They laid down a beautiful, magical skate and their SD yesterday was nothing short of perfection. It hurts me that if they'd been scored properly on that where we'd be today. But, their legacy will live on and god am I proud of them, and what they've done. They deserve more from the judging, but on the skating front? They'll be golden in my heart.
Mary ♔ Francis
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top