Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm going in with the premise that the reality show is something they're really proud of, just like all the skating programs they've done in their senior career. Why would it be different?
Old 12-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

As to Tessa being the 'star' of the show, I think there's a couple of things at play here, but I think the main one to consider is that it is airing on W Network, aka, Women's Network. Things like fashion are going to be more highlighted than say, if it aired on TSN. (Think even about the questions on the 1 on 1 interview, which included favourite designer, or biggest splurge.) The breakdown of the show as a description even specifically mentions going with them to a costume designer. I'm sure Scott will get plenty of coverage, but W has a target audience, and they're aiming for it.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Amazing, so how TS show there best skating maybe since OG isn't important, but they couldn't win just because they did show?
Maybe that's why they didn't want to be more open in internet for not read all the time how all they do is big mistake - programs, TV show, Scott GFs ect. Nothing close to this you could read about other ice dancers.
I remember how Scott shout down his official FB page after someone start send.messages about they didn't deserve to win in Nice.
Do you think someone said this to DW after last season WCh?
Old 12-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I adore the BTS pictures.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 12-19-2013, 01:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Amazing, so how TS show there best skating maybe since OG isn't important, but they couldn't win just because they did show?
Maybe that's why they didn't want to be more open in internet for not read all the time how all they do is big mistake - programs, TV show, Scott GFs ect. Nothing close to this you could read about other ice dancers.
I remember how Scott shout down his official FB page after someone start send.messages about they didn't deserve to win in Nice.
wow someone wrote that on his facebook?
Old 12-19-2013, 06:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Gym-pics

Old 12-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
People make negative comments about athletes all the time, pani. All athletes know this and the best are prepared to deal with them. Why do you think V/M deserve some sort of special treatment? If *you* don't want to read negative comments about V/M, you shouldn't be on any figure skating boards.

I doubt the reason Scott shut down his FB page is because someone told him he didn't deserve to win in Nice.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne (View Post)
People make negative comments about athletes all the time, pani. All athletes know this and the best are prepared to deal with them. Why do you think V/M deserve some sort of special treatment? If *you* don't want to read negative comments about V/M, you shouldn't be on any figure skating boards.

I doubt the reason Scott shut down his FB page is because someone told him he didn't deserve to win in Nice.
I think she means Tessa and Scott get more than their fair share of negativity than any other skaters. I used to feel like that too and I still feel they have nobody on their side right now to fight for them and let people know why they're the best ice dancers--not their federation, commentators, their coach. Anyways I realize what I say sometimes can come across as me being negative towards them too.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayii (View Post)
I think she means Tessa and Scott get more than their fair share of negativity than any other skaters. I used to feel like that too and I still feel they have nobody on their side right now to fight for them and let people know why they're the best ice dancers--not their federation, commentators, their coach. Anyways I realize what I say sometimes can come across as me being negative towards them too.
If someone wants to fight the good fight for V/M, maybe it would be more effective if they sent messages to Skate Canada, commentators, and Marina Zoueva, rather than slamming opinions on a discussion thread. I doubt that policing a thread on a couples board inside fan forum is going to help V/M take gold in Sochi.

I'm dropping this now, so we can go back to discussion on good stuff.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne (View Post)

You know better He did this after one girsl send him a link to TAT interview, where she was angry with WCh results. And comment was - look. what people thinking about your win. I never saw somethign like this on Davis social network.
And this forum become one of the more negative p;aces for VM
Old 12-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hmm. Hmm. I know I'm going to watch the show. But I'm definitely going to be watching through a crack in my fingers, LOL. Don't mind me; I've been going through the same thought process since this was announced which is kind of "Yay! More Scott and Tessa! Boo! I hate 'reality' TV!" Watching those sneak previews just reinforced all of that. I mean, getting to watch them practice, always good. Getting hear about processes about their dances, always good. But the DRAMA. No thanks.

ETA: Just throwing in a link to the gym pics (thanks IcePrincess) because there's also one more -- shot of Tessa, sitting across from Scott at a restaurant, it looks like.
http://www.corusent.com/home/MediaCe...id=18&Pid=1293

Last edited by Meyers; 12-19-2013 at 11:21 AM
Old 12-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)
ETA: Just throwing in a link to the gym pics (thanks IcePrincess) because there's also one more -- shot of Tessa, sitting across from Scott at a restaurant, it looks like.
ProgramDetails
I think its from SC. I remember restaurant owner post thanks to TS on twitter for choose his restaurant .
328 thousand saw DW interview. With VM different situation - there fans didnt wantto see there own TV show
Old 12-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love watching VM interviews. I do not love reality TV, no matter who it's about. Reality TV isn't reality; it's a dramatic interpretation based on reality, which is then edited out the wazoo for the most gripping version they can create. I don't think it's a reflection of my being a fan of VM and their skating, to have mixed reactions to the show. I think it's a reflection of my personality and usual choices in TV viewing.

I'm guessing the restaurant is from SC too.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Loyal Fan

So i feel nobody behind TS anymore. Before it was - why they didnt update there site and didnt add new phots. Now - any photos are fake. TV show - something awfull.

I dont know, will this help, but they did TV show at TEB. And they just filming what was going on arround and didnt made any fake drama at all. That was reall fans, who gave them presents, reall emotions. But will see.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread