Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayii (View Post)
Thanks Meyers. I had to laugh when used that analogy about the program being their kid. But couldn't he find another one to use? Lol.
i expect a lot of people to be mad because of that
Old 12-17-2013, 04:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Meyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayii (View Post)
Thanks Meyers. I had to laugh when used that analogy about the program being their kid. But couldn't he find another one to use? Lol.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
New Fan

Promo photos Tessa & Scott: Wall of Well Wishes

Old 12-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Did you send message to TS, guys?
Old 12-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

The first two pictures are weird…they look fake. Who's going to be updating the show's twitter and Instagram accounts BTW?

Last edited by Shayii; 12-17-2013 at 01:51 PM
Old 12-17-2013, 02:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

i just adore the one of them laughing on the ice together

(formerly gg_all_da_way) - Liz

Icon by Aly.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for posting camelotta! The first two are strange, seem fake.. but the others are really beautiful! I LOVE the pics where they joking and laughing together
Tessa is simply WONDERFUL!! And off course also Scott I love the pic where he is sitting

Last edited by *Ice Princess*; 12-17-2013 at 03:51 PM
Old 12-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

There's a whole other gallery on the site to add to the goodness!
Go Behind the Scenes with Tessa and Scott | W Network
One of them:

There's also a new 1 on 1 with Scott video, which I can't see for some reason and can only hear, and there were definitely a couple of questions that I apparently needed to be able to read, to understand Scott's answer, LOL.
http://www.wnetwork.com/shows/tessa-scott/clips

Last edited by Meyers; 12-17-2013 at 09:01 PM
Old 12-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Amazing behind the scenes pics! Thanks Meyers!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hm, I'm getting the feeling that Tessa is the star of this thing, with Scott as some kind of accessory. She also looks more confortable than Scott, who looks like he's trying way too hard, especially in the promos. This reality show probably wasn't his idea.

I'm allergic to reality shows in general but this one seems worse than most. And in terms of ice dance politics, it's a monumental error, IMO, especially with it being aired right before Sochi. The last thing on judges' minds will be how V/M filmed a reality show while their competitors were putting 110% of themselves in their training. How did they not think of this? It's not like D/W's hardest workers narrative is anything new.

Last edited by bogtree; 12-18-2013 at 01:43 PM
Old 12-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Of cause judges don't need to look at what is going ON ice, they just need to remember, who made impression who is.working hard, like they did at GPF.
I am happy they did this TV.shows and both look great. And this help them to made some money. And like all see, judges choose OGM 2014 in 2011, so no matter what TS is doing in ice, so at least they will have some fun.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Of cause judges don't need to look at what is going ON ice, they just need to remember, who made impression who is.working hard, like they did at GPF.
I am happy they did this TV.shows and both look great. And this help them to made some money. And like all see, judges choose OGM 2014 in 2011, so no matter what TS is doing in ice, so at least they will have some fun.
Well, even if the odds of winning aren't great, they're more than zero. The fans can be defeatist (I certainly am at times) but one would hope that T/S wouldn't give up before the season even starts. If they're more interested in inane publicity than winning the Olympics then fine. I hope they know it's extremely unlikely they can have both.

It's easy to rail against politics (and yes, in a real sport they wouldn't exist) but when T/S refuse to do anything to help their situation, at some point it becomes at least partly their fault. You can't just ignore the politics away, you have to play the game.

I know some fans are really excited about this reality show and that's fine. I won't say anything else about it and you can enjoy it. But there are consequences to this thing, it doesn't exist in a vacuum.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:00 PM
New Fan

One-On-One interview with Scott

Scott One on One - YouTube
Old 12-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogtree (View Post)
Well, even if the odds of winning aren't great, they're more than zero. The fans can be defeatist (I certainly am at times) but one would hope that T/S wouldn't give up before the season even starts. If they're more interested in inane publicity than winning the Olympics then fine. I hope they know it's extremely unlikely they can have both.

It's easy to rail against politics (and yes, in a real sport they wouldn't exist) but when T/S refuse to do anything to help their situation, at some point it becomes at least partly their fault. You can't just ignore the politics away, you have to play the game.

I know some fans are really excited about this reality show and that's fine. I won't say anything else about it and you can enjoy it. But there are consequences to this thing, it doesn't exist in a vacuum.
How much of this political game can be played? I'm serious here.

Tessa and Scott have been in figure skating their entire lives. If anyone knows how politics can be played, it's them. After all, we've seen them play it themselves. They played CoP, they're the first N. Americans to win in ice dance...this all takes not only skating skill, but excellent game-playng skill.

My feeling is that they suddenly didn't become idiots of the sort to make monumental errors. They are extremely connected in the figure skating world. I tend to think that, if there truly is politics, it is entirely possible that they were told by the end of last year whether they have a shot at gold or not.

If, let's just assume, they were told that they can't win, and then offered a pile of money to do a reality show, would you think less of them for accepting the opportunity? I wouldn't. Especially if they think this might be a springboard for a different career after skating (most likely for Tessa -- which is why you may see the difference you do).

ETA: Let's remember that we all just saw D/W win over V/M at GPF with flawed skating. V/M played the game of bringing their very best...and testing whether the judges could deny them when they did. And the judges did. And V/M weren't all that upset about it. Why? My guess is because they knew that would happen. Where's the 110% D/W were supposed to be bringing? If anyone brought 110%, it was V/M, who skated superbly AND filmed a reality show in the meantime. The judges know this. If they wanted to reward it, they would.

Last edited by CarrieAnne; 12-18-2013 at 05:47 PM
Old 12-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogtree (View Post)
Hm, I'm getting the feeling that Tessa is the star of this thing, with Scott as some kind of accessory. She also looks more confortable than Scott, who looks like he's trying way too hard, especially in the promos. This reality show probably wasn't his idea.

I'm allergic to reality shows in general but this one seems worse than most. And in terms of ice dance politics, it's a monumental error, IMO, especially with it being aired right before Sochi. The last thing on judges' minds will be how V/M filmed a reality show while their competitors were putting 110% of themselves in their training. How did they not think of this? It's not like D/W's hardest workers narrative is anything new.
They both look awkward to me in the promos I've seen, but what I wanted to know was what gives you the impression that it's Tessa that wanted this? Actually, I can see that being true and it does appear she's being pushed as more of the star of the show. Considering they've both shied away from social media and things like that, why do you think they (or Tessa) would be interested in this now?

Anyways I'll reserve judgement till I see the first show. I'm afraid though that I'll be cringing my way through the whole show.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread