Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2013, 08:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecastle (View Post)
Who are you?
No one of consequence.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieAnne (View Post)
All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:46 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris9918 (View Post)
But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.

You made your decision then.

Last edited by bluecastle; 12-15-2013 at 08:53 PM
Old 12-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You made your decision then.
Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.

Last edited by kris9918; 12-15-2013 at 08:54 PM
Old 12-15-2013, 08:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
WAIT TILL I GET GOING! Now where was I?
Old 12-15-2013, 08:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
WAIT TILL I GET GOING! Now where was I?
Australia.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Australia.
Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:00 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
You're just stalling now.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You're just stalling now.
You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:
You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
This exchange has gotten really long, heh. So I'm going to jump ahead in the scene to one of the most hilarious movie lines of all time:

You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha…

Last edited by kris9918; 12-15-2013 at 09:36 PM
Old 12-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

An online preview of Maclean's magazine, which I can only assume is a preview of Canadian interests for the Olympics. VM are part of it.
ISSUU - Maclean's 6 january 2014 by Fran J. Glez
(You can read the article by clicking on the picture, which will enlarge.)

Last edited by Meyers; 12-16-2013 at 04:51 PM
Old 12-16-2013, 07:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)
An online preview of Maclean's magazine, which I can only assume is a preview of Canadian interests for the Olympics. VM are part of it.
ISSUU - Maclean's 6 january 2014 by Fran J. Glez
(You can read the article by clicking on the picture, which will enlarge.)
Thanks Meyers. I had to laugh when used that analogy about the program being their kid. But couldn't he find another one to use? Lol.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread