Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh I just noticed. The new banner looks so good! Thank you for taking the time to put it together titenoee.

And binker thanks for the explanation.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

lets make this alittle moir formal

HAPPY 100TH THREAD

we had some great moments in this thread starting from fangirling over their initial olympic win

specifically this moment

and their win at 2010 worlds

and swooning over their farrucas routine

and their near kiss at worlds 2008

and their beautiful exibitions throughout the years

and fangirling over other random hilarious/beautiful moments

they are so flawless they do car commercials in JAPAN.

and all the fanart, picspams, inside jokes we created and other awesome moments(such as vince vaughn, ITS TWO CHAIRS, moose, the sweetness of tessa and scott is too severe on singles, scott's clothes rebel when tessa is near, hey lets hold hands!, BUSINESS PARTNERS, you're in love quit fooling yourselves, THOSE PHOTOS, engagement pictures, RING SIGHTING , scott nances away in terror, THE PICS, & others in which i unfortunately cant remember)

we also been through the worst of times
such as worrying over tessa's injury and their wd at 4cc 2011

their loss at worlds 2011
and the 2011 gpf, 2012 wtt, 2012 gpf

and dealing with crazy stans/ vm haters and trolls who like to spread lies about them up to the point where someone who personally knows scott had to tell us to stop (i guess that made this thread more infamous)

amidst these losses, tessa and scott were still able to come back prove that they are the top ice dancers at this moment with their win at 2012 worlds/4cc

these past 2 1/2 years we watch them grow
and as they grew, so did their chemistry and skill

we watched them evolve from portraying the fairytale type of romance that rivals the greatest romance stories and legends

to a sexy, passionate type of romance in which harlequin romance novels and the greatest erotica fiction writers such as anais nin and henry miller fail to capture.

with their new carmen routine, they have reinvented themselves this year
which shows how much they improved since the 2010 season (d/w better watch out ;])
they have proved to us that they are not only art on ice but they're literature on ice.
they have created a a new, refreshing, interpretation of an overused piece of music
specifically, they have made bizet's carmen more interesting.
regardless who wins @ 4cc,worlds,wtt, it will be vm's fd that will be remembered the most.
v/m have always stayed true to us with their skating and continue to surprise us with their skill, musicality, versatility, etc.

however, we only have a year and 1/2 left to fangirl over their competitive career
and once they decide to go pro, this thread wont be active as it was at the beginning, since we already lost alot of great people as they probably moved on to other sites (like fsu, tumblr etc.) never 4get ;_____;7
so lets make the most of the time we have left and PARTAAAAAAAY~

THANK YOU! everyone who contributed to this thread and thank you for contributing gifs, fanart, pictures, videos, etc.
thanks to the tessa virtue and scott moir tumblrs and lj communities/other forums (a special thanks to ohyeahvirtuemoirgifs for making FABULOUS gifs, tessavirtueandscottmoir, etc.)
i would've added more images but i already reached the limit :[

Last edited by binker; 12-16-2012 at 06:48 PM
Old 12-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow, it feels like a long time until Nstionals, LOL. In the meantime, some new--old pictures of a practice session at CoR:
kkfksenia — альбом «Figure Skating / Сезон 2012-2013 / Rostelecom Cup 2012 / RC12. Dance - Practice Thursday» на Яндекс.Фотках

And ice-dance.com also has some new pics up from the GPF FD and practice -- some great expressions were captured.
Gallery | 2012 Junior & Senior Grand Prix Final

And David W. Carmichael is starting to upload his pictures (so far, just Skate Canada for VM):
David W. Carmichael - Figure Skating Photography - Photos - Skate Canada 2012

Just a tiny preview (from the first link)...
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

lmao @ scott photobombing d/w not once but TWICE

also the captions to these photos are hilarious
Old 12-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Mad Scott Lol !!

"It was just about skating together and skating from our hearts and enjoying the moment for us and skating for the two of us," said Virtue
{ Noee }
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

LOL, I hadn't even noticed the extra page of oops pictures... the captions are fun!

On another note, these two are just so pretty.... this is, so far, my favourite shot of them with their GPF medals...
Танцы на льду: произвольная программа
Old 12-21-2012, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love your post Binker!

It's been such a journey and while I don't want to think of how little time there is left until Sochi, I'm also so excited and can't wait to see what the future has in store for them, professionally and otherwise.

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Winter season crucial for Canada's Olympic athletes

This is an article that is mostly about this winter season being a prep for winter athletes heading into Sochi, but the focus is on the money behind that prep, aka the old 'Own the Podium' program (now under a different name). VM are mentioned as getting the highest level of funding (both as athletes and as a sport). I remember Tessa thanking OTP last Olympics, and reading about how it paid for her to have her physiotherapist with her at competitions, for example. I assume that Tessa continues to have physio. Anyway, I was finding it interesting reading about some of the changes in funding coming out of a home Olympics.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyers (View Post)
I assume that Tessa continues to have physio. .
Why do you think so?
Thanks for this article. So many pressure on V-M, but i am happy Canada help there atlets.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfan1 (View Post)
Why do you think so?
Thanks for this article. So many pressure on V-M, but i am happy Canada help there atlets.
Because Tessa's condition is chronic, and as we have read from previous articles, though it was helped by her surgeries, she experienced pain again eventually. She declined to have surgery again and instead relied on other remedies and relearned her technique. Whatever she has done, evidently it is enough that she is able to train and compete full seasons, which is awesome and I don't worry about her legs. But I assume (aka, have no actual knowledge) that she continues with physio, massage, etc, if for no other reason than maintaining the progress she's made.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Skate Canada also help their athletes .. I hear that Megan Duhamel had the help of a physiotherapist at TEB this year she had sprain her ankle or something like this..

"It was just about skating together and skating from our hearts and enjoying the moment for us and skating for the two of us," said Virtue
{ Noee }
Old 12-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Ksenia Fomina gallery Meyer posted earlier made an update with new SD practice pics from CoR.

kkfksenia — альбом «Figure Skating / Сезон 2012-2013 / Rostelecom Cup 2012 / RC12. Dance - Practice SD» на Яндекс.Фотках

A few T/S pics scattered from pages 3 to 6, main T/S photos starts at page 7. I really should be used to this by now but their unison and lines are just ridiculous, particularly the SS photos at page 8.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaharaRain (View Post)
A few T/S pics scattered from pages 3 to 6, main T/S photos starts at page 7. I really should be used to this by now but their unison and lines are just ridiculous, particularly the SS photos at page 8.
I know, I can never get enough of watching and marvelling at it either!
Thank you for posting the link.

I've said this before, but I do hope they go back to the original ending pose in the SD. I really loved it and I think it suited the dance better.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

more pictures from gpf
mamy.st — альбом «Tessa Virtue Scott Moir Final Grand Prix» на Яндекс.Фотках
Old 12-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Love the banner and the new pics for this 100th thread. Ive only been around for about 50 of them, but it seems like forever ago I found this place. Thank you to all the posters who have spent countless hours uploading goodies for us all to enjoy! Its always a nice place to come and read and get the opinions of other fans. Congrats on the thread count.. hope Im around for many more.. even after Sochi! Happy Holidays everyone!
At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just not facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes... all you need is one.
♥ One Tree Hill 2003-2012 ♥
Closed Thread   Post New Thread