Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 03:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

ScottღTessa #74: Because we can't wait to see them at Worlds!

Welcome to the Scott&Tessa thread!
PLEASE do not take ANY picture or links Without permission. Thankyou!

. . . . .

*51. gg_all_da_way
52. Liralu
53. Titenoee
54. jenni89
55. crazygee
56. canadablue
57. SkateJoy
58. moncoeur
59. montana_rosalie
60. berniev
61. Irthes
62. Marjaana
63. yellow_carrot
64. LoveActually
65. LeahMaria
66. alithia
67. beautytina
68. smartieksgg
69. TessaMoir
70. JuliaSh
71. villagemaid
72. mo_anam
73. Tiger_Lily19
74. .Guess?
75. sdfan
76. hackysack
77. ann29
78. binker
79. Magsie_Mags
80. mapleleaf
81. TygerTyger711
82. IndiaQuinn
83. greta1969
84. guinny54
85. Love_Canada
86. squintyfly
87. sk8nfan
88. cwerner
89. Nessa_V
90. virtuous
91. LipStickStain
92. HeatherDawn82
93. variationlunge
94. fishyfin1
95. dida82
96. Brooklet
97. JR Abraxas
98. Thief Of Love
99. Ciluette
100. bogtree
101. kris9918
102. SOCCERandSKATE
103. aguamonte_steff
104. augustexposure
105. MissNita98
106. Cleis
107. Julietta95
108. RiverNene
109. BreanBamonFan
110. queenoftypos
111. kairetwinslovest&S
112. flaminhotcheetos
113. stargazr
114. xoxoprettyo3
115. Maddylyn90210
116. Dance_Lovely

*Ask to be added. Click on image to see rest.

Our favourite programs . . .

. . . . .

Olympic Champions

World Champions

. . . . .

In 2003-2004 season, fourteen-year old Virtue and sixteen-year old Moir made their debut on the ISU Junior Grand Prix circuit. They placed 4th at the event in Croatia and 6th in Slovakia. At the 2004 Canadian Figure Skating Championships, they won the Junior title, qualifying them for the 2004 World Junior Figure Skating Championships, where they placed 11th. They skated to Russian Medley choreographed by their future coach Marina Zoueva and Tutti Frutti. Canadian commentators were gushing about this remarkable new couple, calling them the new Bourne and Kraatz. Coached by Paul MacIntosh and Suzanne Killing, Virtue and Moir were quickly making themselves known in the figure skating world for their intricate footwork and incredible skating abilities.

Before the 04-05 season, Tessa and Scott moved Michigan to train with Igor Shpilband and Marina Zoueva at the Arctic Edge. The two moved up to seniors in national competitions, but chose to remain juniors internationally being 15 and 17.l Their routines were a slow foxtrot /quickstep original dance to “Call Me Irresponsible” and “Puttin on the Ritz” and a free dance to “Adios Nonino”. The 2004-2005 season was also the debut of the now-famous “Everybody Dance Now” exhibition. Tessa and Scott won silver at the JGP in France and gold China – their first international win. They won silver at the JGP Final. They were in Tessa’s hometown, for their first senior Nationals, where they placed 4th. They earned a silver medal in their second trip to the World Junior Championships, in Kitchener.

The 2005-2006 season for Scott and Tessa was a remarkable one. They competed at their first senior international competition at the Four Continents where they won a bronze medal. At only their second senior Nationals, Scott and Tessa placed third, being named alternates to the Olympic team! At this point these two weren’t even competing as seniors internationally! A commentator at Nationals exclaimed that these two would be Canada’s best ice dancers ever. And right he was as soon after, Scott and Tessa went on to capture their World Junior title becoming the very first Canadian team to do so. By this time they alone were filling the stadium with hundreds of cheering fans.

After winning the World Junior title, the 06-07 season was Tessa & Scott's international senior debut. Despite the fact that they were both still teenagers (often 10+ years younger than their competitors), Tessa & Scott achieved amazing results. They chose to skate a passionate and mature OD to Assassination Tango. Their free dance to Valse Triste played to their strengths. It was soft, lyrical, and romantic; a style that they were known for. On the Grand Prix Circuit, they placed 2nd at Skate Canada. A 4th place finish at TEB narrowly kept them from competing at the GP Final. They placed 2nd at Nationals behind the 2006 World Silver Medallists Dubreuil and Lauzon. At their first ever senior World Championships in Tokyo, Tessa & Scott remarkably finished in 6th place - something that had rarely been seen in ice dance. Everyone knew that Tessa & Scott had something special.

For the 2007-2008 season, Tessa and Scott danced to "Dark Eyes," a Russian folk song, for their OD and "Umbrellas of Cherbourg" for their FD. At their second Grand Prix, they placed first in Skate Canada, and second at the NHK trophy (where they scored a whopping hundred points for their free dance) making them eligible for the GP Final where they placed fourth. Later in the season, they won their very first national title. This allowed them to then compete at the Four Continents and World Championships, where they won the 4CC’s. With a strong compulsory dance, they sat in second place, and 3rd after the OD at the World Championships. The arena exploded in applause and cheers, as they finished their FD, as they scored a humongous 105 points, beating even the World Champions that night. It was rare to even place in the top ten at a second Worlds, but to win the silver was almost unheard of.

Due to a possible career-ending injury affecting Tessa. (Chronic External Compartment Syndrome), Tessa and Scott had to miss the first half of the 2008-2009 season. During this time Scott trained alone, often using a sandbag as a stand-in for Tessa whilst she recovered at home. Their OD was an energetic Charleston, set to music from “The Boyfriend”. Their FD was a combination of two Pink Floyd songs called “Money”, and “Great Gig in the Sky.” It was in this program that they debuted their now signature lift, The Goose, a complicated manoeuvre involving Tessa balancing with one leg on his thigh. Their free dance program gained rave reviews from international judges and skaters alike. This season, the claimed their second Canadian title, and proved that they were still a force to be reckoned with by winning the bronze medal at Senior Worlds. After the competitive season ended, they went on to tour.

Scott and Tessa made six competitive outings this season and won all but one of the competitions. Olympic year. Their powerful flamenco was set to the iconic Farrucas music (which Gordeeva and Grinkov used for their short at Lillehammer) and their breathtaking free dance was set to Symphony No. 5 by Gustav Mahler. From the moment they debuted their free dance, every single person was in awe. They placed first at TEB, and Skate Canada easily, only to lose to their training mates, Meryl Davis and Charlie White, at the GP Final. They captured their third national title qualifiying them for the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games. The two were more than ready to face the pressure, and not only meet expectations but surpass them. After a strong compulsory, they sat in second to the Russian team. But as they completed their OD, there was no question that these two were in it to win it. After a stunning free dance that left a crowd cheering, standing and weeping at the sheer beauty of it the Olympic gold for theirs. They had become Canada’s Sweethearts. They went on to win their first World title setting a world record with their OD.

. . . . .

“All of a sudden, one day I woke up and ice dance and T e s s a ... that was my whole life.

"There is no next partner for me. I just can't imagine skating with anyone else. I've skated with Scott since I was s e v e n. Not only would it feel w e i r d and kind of w r o n g, it's not an avenue I want to go down."

"Something c h a n g e d in my life when I started to hold on to the hand of a v e r y b e a u t i f u l little girl. And it just seemed to make more sense to hang out with a cute girl than to hang out with 19 other guys."

"I was the o n l y nine-year-old to tell the National Ballet that I was already committed to a partner"

"Then I f o u n d Tessa, and I screwed up the steps in the first competition and she stayed with me and that's when I knew I'd found
t h e o n e
.''

“We always joke that when we’re really old, we’ll be taking ballroom together,” says Virtue. “So we’ll still be hanging out. I can’t imagine n o t being in each other’s lives in some way.”

"I think maybe the reason we've lasted so long is we respect each other as individuals and, you know, we l o v e each other,'' says Moir, simply.

"I can’t picture my life w i t h o u t Scott," Virtue confided.

"She’s quite an a m a z i n g girl, and she's going to have an amazing life.”

“We are best friends! I think our personalities b a l a n c e one another extremely well – plus we know how to interact positively and productively with each other. We work hard at maintaining our partnership, but to be honest, it's just what we've come to k n o w and d e p e n d on. I hardly
r e m e m b e r my life without Scott!”

"She’s extremely t a l e n t e d. I think she’s the best female figure skater in the w o r l d. Her p e r s o n a l i t y is what puts her over the top. She’s a g r e a t girl."

"His desire and passion for the sport is u n b e l i e v a b l e. Anything he does is 100 percent. He is charismatic, he has personality, everything ... He really is the whole package."

“Their hearts b e a t at the s a m e t i m e,” says MacIntosh.

“They s e n s e each other’s e v e r y m o v e.”

On the ice, one can tell what the other is thinking with a squeeze of the hand, or the look of an eye.

H a r m o n y. Harmony in everything. If you look at them separately or individually, then yes, Scott is an interesting young boy, Tessa is a charming girl. But when they're t o g e t h e r – it's completely unique harmony between a man and a woman. At least for me. I saw that in them, and for me they're Katia and Sergei in ice dance. They revolutionized pairs skating, and Tessa and Scott r e v o l u t i o n i z e d ice dance.”

"It’s like they were b o r n to skate with each other," White said. "Even when they are walking through brand-new footwork, it looks like they’ve been doing it for y e a r s."

"Their first d a n c e as a Olympic Champions. One of the great stories in Vancouver 2010. Their era has begun. They can dance to Russia and beyond. Two more Olympics, if they want to. Ilderton was watching and celebrating, where Scott's from. London was celebrating, where Tessa's from. Their families and friends were all here. In the end, an entire country stood up and sang O Canada with them.

"They're like two newlyweds, can’t not e n j o y each other"

They're like a f a i r y t a l e

"We're actually talking most of the way through the program, just little k e y words. Tessa loves to talk, I don't even know how she breathes sometimes.... We are very focused on what we're doing and we l o v e to skate with each other, so that part comes pretty n a t u r a l l y in communicating with each other. And after t h i r t e e n years, we know e x a c t l y what the other person is t h i n k i n g and what they're trying to say by not saying anything, or a look ... like, I can see in her e y e s right n o w I'm rambling. . ." [Moir] said, trailing off.

“We found our passion again for skating. It’s a new sort of s p a r k l y feeling that we get when we get to skate t o g e t h e r.

I look so goofy next to her, and she’s not helping me out at all, ya know! If she were a little less p e r f e c t, we’d look good together, don’t you think?

"It was just about skating t o g e t h er and skating from our hearts and enjoying the moment for us and skating for the t w o of u s,"

“I could skate f o r e v e r if it was always like this.”

Not o n c e in the past 10 years have I ever questioned our partnership, nor could I imagine myself skating with a n y o n e else!

"For sure, they could win Worlds or w i n Olympics. How could they not?" Bourne asked. "When you look at them, they look like a magic team. They create magic on the ice. That’s what’s special. They don’t hold back. They take you into a t r a n c e; they take you into their little world. It’s beautiful, it really is."

Ask both skaters to talk about why the other is the perfect match and Virtue and Moir all but run out of words - and superlatives. Their admiration for each other is very deep and very real.

"I don’t think you have enough time," Moir said. "I know it sounds fake but it isn’t."

"What isn’t right about him is the question," Virtue said.

“What’s your favourite thing about skating with the one and only Scott Moir?”
“My f a v o u r i t e thing is how much Mr. Scott Moir makes me laugh.”

It was the pair’s c h e m i s t r y that caught the world’s eye—“a trust, and connection that you can’t buy,” legendary ice dancer Victor Kraatz told Maclean’s. “They just connect with each other — connect with the music,” said Shpilband. “It’s magic.”

These kids l o v e one another

. . . . .

Because their best is still yet to come.
Because if Scott was George Clooney, he'd always be Tessa's leading man.
Because Tessa knows Scott's mantra word for word.
Because "they do love each other in a way that's undeniable."
Because they’re always finishing each others thoughts.
Because “they sense each others every move.”
Because "their hearts beat at the same time.”
Because when Tessa says no, it means no.
Because they can't think of anything bad to say about each other.
Because even their families ship them.
Because Tessa skipped a grade for Scott.
Because Tessa gave up the National Ballet to skate with Scott.
Because skating with any other person "is not a choice."
Because from the beginning Carol Moir knew they had something special.
Because they are each other's constants.
Because only they can get bonus points from judges for being awesome.
Because Tessa tears up when talking about Scott..
Because they need to be in close contact at all times.
Because their cuteness can be seen from outer space.
Because they high-five when they secretly want to hold hands.
Because they took a road trip to meet the Queen.
Because Scott thinks that Tessa looked stunning in her green dress.
Because they took the Queen's place card from the dinner.
Because they just had to take a picture together before leaving.
Because they love to blast music while taking road trips.
Because Scott treats Tessa how a man should treat a woman.
Because they always skate with feelings.
Because they knew they were going to be Olympic champions.
Because they revolutionized ice dance.
Because it's written in the stars.
Because "we stayed in Paradise for four days."
Because "there's no question they can become legends."
Because Scott's wild and crazy aunts were there...
Because the OT4 do their part to keep Tim Horton's in business.
Because he gives her piggyback rides up the stairs.
Because "You can't replace Tessa, no matter how hard you try."
Because "their charm and grace is disarming and delightful."
Because "The only other person that knows what I’ve been through is Scott."
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 03-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance_Lovely (View Post)
Whoa! This threads been really busy. I have yet to see all the videos of past performances.

But my top 3 would be: DW, VM, and NF. I agree with Truly that there will most likely be a very close call between 1st and 2nd, and 3rd and 4th, but a wide gap in between 1-2 and 3-4. I also agree with placing WP around the 8th mark. I love their SD so much (very elegant), but their FD really doesn't make me jump for joy. I'm not all that impressed with some of their lifts (especially the weird one where Kaitlyn is straight as a board), and I think the biggest turnoff for me is their music choice and how they've pieced it together. So sad, because I really, really like this team.

To go back a few posts, people will always have ever changing goals. And just because I say one thing today, or that the place I work in today, doesn't mean that I'll be here forever, doing the same thing, and/or that I don't have an artistic bone in my body. Quite the opposite. Out of my entire family (extended included) I am the most artistic and the only one who has expressed interest in those areas (most went into engineering or business). However, while I greatly appreciate art and if I was to do my life over again, I would be a pastry chef with my own bakery, ballerina or an ice dancer (who started very young, not at 23, lol), I have found that my organic (nice word choice Kris) ability is being meticulous and driven. Because of this I have found that I have been best suited for jobs in the Administrative field. While I didn't go to school to become an Administrator, it's what my innate skills have found a niche in. I now run a company. people grow up, lives change, career goals change. And it's expected when you enter a relationship of the pair or dance team. These are two people, rather than one singular person. Which also is a testament to how strong both DW and VM's relationships are, since most dance teams don't last that long togeher. But anyways, who says you can't be artistic, love to ice skate and have a job in a challenging field? I think if Tessa wants to do law school, she will. Like I'll always continue to say, if you really love something, you will make the time for it.

I second that. Anyone know how to reply to multiple posts in one reply?

Also, IDK why it is that VM's skating, no matter what it is has this quality that is such a joy to watch. I mean, it's taken me a looooong time to even look at other dance teams for more than 5 seconds. I can understand why some people call dance "boring", but with VM, they just bring it to a whole new level. I really appreciate/respect them for that. They make ice dance exciting since most people are looking for the jumps and throws.
Reposting so everyone can see last post. I can also change the title
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Extreme Fan

TFTNT Anna.

The Skate Canada Worlds Promo, uploaded:

Also, to reply to multiple quotes, just type QUOTE in capital letters, put it in brackets, then write and/or copy and paste the text you want to quote, and close it out with /QUOTE in brackets again.

Last edited by kris9918; 03-29-2011 at 04:05 PM
Old 03-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Anna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris9918 (View Post)
Also, to reply to multiple quotes, just type QUOTE in capital letters, put it in brackets, then write and/or copy and paste the text you want to quote, and close it out with /QUOTE in brackets again.
Also, if you want to identify whose quote you're posting, just add =poster'sname after QUOTE.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT Anna!

I love that promo, thanks for bringing it over Kris!

» Steve Rogers ♥ Natasha Romanoff
Old 03-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT Anna! And thanks for bringing over my last post.

I knew how to quote, but didn't know how to add the original posters name, if I was quoting multiple posts. Thanks Kris and Thief!

OT: Miss Fate, did you see Sucker Punch? Love your icon!! I loved the movie because I went in just for the explosions, fighting and girls kicking butt! (Plot was confusing, but I didn't go to see that). Huge fan of Vanessa Hudgens and Jamie Chung pleasantly surprised me. She's come a long way snce Real World!
- Angela Montenegro & Dr. Jack Hodgins
Old 03-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Extreme Fan

2011 World Championships Placement Predictions

This post officially sponsored by macro-ed and excited Meryl, Charlie, Tessa, and Scott

ISU Official Entry List

After reviewing the entry list and results from 4CC, US Nationals, Canadian Nationals, and Europeans, these are the teams predicted to place in the top ten:

EDITED: The Kerrs have been removed and replaced by Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte.

Tessa and Scott
SD (season's best score: 69.40 - 4CC)

FD (season's best score - N/A)

Meryl and Charlie
SD (season's best score: 69.01 - 4CC)

FD (season's best score - 103.02 - 4CC)

The Shibutanis
SD (season's best score: 62.04 - 4CC)

FD (season's best score: 93.34 - 4CC)

Madison Chock and Greg Zuerlein
SD (season's best score: 58.09 - TEB)

FD (season's best score: 85.30 - 4CC)

Vanessa Crone and Paul Poirier
SD (season's best score: 62.95 - SC)

FD (season's best score: 91.47 - SC)

Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat
SD (season's best score: 66.91 - Euros)

FD (season's best score: 100.49 - Euros)

Weaver and Poje
SD (season's best score: 65.45 - 4CC)

FD (season's best score: 85.69 - 4CC)

Bobrova and Soloviev
SD (season's best score: 65.46 - Euros)

FD (season's best score: 95.68 - Euros)

Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov
SD (season's best score: 60.93 - Euros)

FD (season's best score: 92.55 - Euros)

Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte
SD (season's best score: 65.89 - Mont Blanc Trophy)

FD (season's best score: 96.46 - Mont Blanc Trophy)

EDITED: Predicted placements based on compiled season's best scores ONLY:

1. Meryl and Charlie: 172.03
2. Nathalie and Fabian: 167.04
3. Cappellini and Lanotte: 162.35
4. Bobrova and Soloviev: 161.14
5. The Shibutanis: 155.74
6. Vanessa and Paul: 154.42
7. Elena and Nikita: 153.48
8. Weaver and Poje: 151.14
9. Madison and Greg: 143.39
10. N/A

SD:
1. Tessa and Scott: 69.40
2. Meryl and Charlie 69.01
3. Nathalie and Fabian: 66.91
4. Cappellini and Lanotte: 65.89
5. Bobrova and Soloviev: 65.46
6. Weaver and Poje: 65.45
7. Crone and Poirier: 62.94
8. Alex and Maia: 62.04
9. Elena and Nikita: 60.93
10: Madison and Greg: 58.09

FD:
1. Meryl and Charlie: 103.02
2. Nathalie and Fabian: 100.49
3. Cappellini and Lanotte: 96.46
4. Bobrova and Soloviev: 95.68
5. Alex and Maia: 93.34
6. Elena and Nikita: 92.55
7. Crone and Poirier: 91.57
8. Weaver and Poje: 85.69
9. Madison and Greg: 85.30
10: N/A

Boss Meryl nonchalantly drinking water during a lift thanks you for your time.

Last edited by kris9918; 03-29-2011 at 04:35 PM
Old 03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Wow! Thanks for that Kris!

Hehe, cute promo! It actually made me think of something ... I'd really love if one day we could hear Scott and Tessa commentate on an event, they have such wonderful, expressive voices and they know a lot about the sport and I could definitely see them doing it really well.
Mary ♔ Francis
Old 03-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

After FINALLY watching all these videos (Whew!!) I really do want a Canton sweep: DW, VM, Shibs (idk who will get 1st or 2nd, but that's who I want to place on the podium). If there was one word to describe the Shibs, it would be smooth. They've just got that 'it' factor. They've also got very strong and solid backs. They will be a force to be messed with come Sochi.

God bless Elena and Nikita for choosing a piece of music that is straight out of a horror movie for their SD. However, they look fierce and do a very good job. Out of all the SDs my favorites are VM, DW, WP (and for some reason, this team has elegant down to a T).

Out of all the FDs, my favorite has to be the Shibs. Everytime I watch it, it makes me 'Smile'. It really does. It's a very happy piece - kinda like a nice walk in the park in the sunshine, kinda thing. I adore it to pieces. CP has a nice FD, jam packed with crazy stunts (whoa!! at the last lift), not digging the costumes, but it's along the same concept as VM's Great Gig where they let the skating do the talking. Black would have been my choice, but I'm not CP. I also do see the Pairs comparison. I kept waiting to see if Poirier would throw Crone at any point. I still get a kick out of the fact that Madison's FD dress looks just like my cabaret dress from the exact same play, when I was a Kit Kat Girl. I like how they really committ to the theatricals.

Note to Capellini and Lanotte: Please do not pick Mahler next season.
- Angela Montenegro & Dr. Jack Hodgins
Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

I honestly don't know as much as you girls about all the ice skating teams (I'm slowly learning) but with all my heart, I hope Scott&Tessa are able to defend their title and if they aren't able to, I hope Meryl and Charlie will receive it! Although this is mostly a situation I know would happen (if Scott and Tessa don't get it, Meryl and Charlie would). The Shibs are also cute but I haven't really gotten into them yet, I'm trying to change that!

Zac/Vanessa, Tessa/Scott, Booth/Brennan
Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Okay, I'm just...not understanding Anna and Luca's scores. Is it something to do with those two SBs having come at a lower-level competition than Euros (but their being a more established, superior team to their competition therein)? Because that UoC FD is absolutely not better than many of those which come below it in SB scores.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:13 PM
Extreme Fan

No problem, Anna! It was a fun post to put together.

I was going to add in everyone's predictions, but since the Kerrs just withdrew today, I figured I'd give those interested in changing their predictions the opportunity to do so. I'll admit, Cappellini and Lanotte's entry throws me, because they sat out Euros on account of a knee injury to Luca but skated at the Mont Blanc Trophy. On top of that, they switched to a different FD between NHK and now, which resulted in a HUGE points disparity between the two competitions. With their old FD, they weren't even predicted to place in the top ten. With their UofC performance, their scores shot up into the 160 range. So I'm struggling to revise my predictions.

ETA: Haha, Verity. BRAINSHARE.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT Anna!!!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thief Of Love (View Post)
Okay, I'm just...not understanding Anna and Luca's scores. Is it something to do with those two SBs having come at a lower-level competition than Euros (but their being a more established, superior team to their competition therein)? Because that UoC FD is absolutely not better than many of those which come below it in SB scores.
I just re-watched the FD again. I don't understand the score. I think it's too high.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Master Fan

For the moment, I'm inclined to just shift everyone behind the Kerrs up a slot and stick C/L in tenth, though I think 8-10 is something that could fluctuate. I certainly don't see them repeating those scores at a considerably more competitive event than Mont Blanc, and that's good, because those numbers are WAY inflated. I'm also curious as to whether their FD choice may impact them negatively, insofar as its impossible to avoid inviting comparison.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top