Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Rumple/Mr. Gold & Belle (OUAT) #8 -"When you see the good in someone, you don't give up on them" ~ Will

Rumplestiltskin & Belle Appreciation Thread #8

source

Shippers
AutumnColorsღ
Dreamwalker
Lucas4Brooke
Rhonwen
crazy_diamond
Aylo
baelfire24
Laurababora
KnifeLuv
ChakotaysLover
Wes&FredFan
Iquitefancyyou
Poppy99
bookcrookliza
AlmostEverything
sourburst
Grace52373
Belleislove
JaSam4Life
lisagslack14
LostShadow

source

source

source

source

Best Moment of the Month

source

Future Title List
"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others. "
"Star cross'd lovers"?
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that an imp in possession of a good library must be in want of a wife."
"And you know, they’re embarking on a new road together and you know, yeah, we’ve just shown a potential bump but this love is real, and we’re gonna see what it can overcome and what it can face together." Adam Horowitz

Previous Threads
#1 / #2 / #3 / #4 / #5 / #6 / #7

Last edited by Rhonwen; 11-11-2014 at 05:32 AM
Old 11-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

I just picked a quote I thought fit them.

If anyone wants me to change it let me know.

Think we should update the OP?
Old 11-11-2014, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

TFTNT Rho , oo could you change the no. to #8

We would add one of two arts, there are millions on tumblr..

Old 11-11-2014, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

Changed. thanks for pointing that out.

SO what does everyone think?

I didn't get a bad vibe from the episode.
We know that Rumple will fall further in episode 9/10, but I didn't get the feeling that the SQ knew or was right about what she thinks Rumple is after. I think he wants to be released from the dagger, he's wants to keep his power, but I dont see him wanting to dominate.

I've been trying to stay off Twitter and even Tumblr since there's always haters trying to drag down the fandom.
But I did see some posts about the home being SQ's and that she is actually setting Rumple up when it comes to the hat.
Rumple is not so easily manipulated. I suppose it's possible that given his recent circumstances in 3B his mental state could be so bad that he's easy to manipulate.

They had also mentioned a long time ago that Rumple/Belle would parallel ELsa/Anna. I wish we'd see that. I am not a fan of not getting any of the conflicted man. Esp since it makers the haters come out in full force. They are hating him for what he "did" to Hook. When Hook was the one to blackmail and the first to threaten a loved one, Belle.
BUt instead of trying to see that maybe something good will/might come from them being forced to work together that are painting Rumple as vile and horrid.

A person who is evil , like Pan has no remorse no guilt, no capability of Redemption. Rumple is not that.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for the new thread.

Just a drive-by but to comment on EM's interview in the last thread: I don't think it implied anything romantic between Ingrid and Rumple. It's true: they did both begin as good people who then traveled (and are traveling) dark paths (maybe that's why to me she seems like the first villain since Regina and Rumple who seems redeemable). And I really don't think they were involved in the few months between Emma's arrival and the curse break--Rumple was completely focused on finding Bae at that time. As far as them having a thing DURING the curse, it also seems unlikely to me. Since Rumple did not have his memories and Ingrid apparently did, his ability to consent would be dubious at best, and SURELY even Kitsowitz would not go there twice with Rumple?
Old 11-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
Thank you for the new thread.

Just a drive-by but to comment on EM's interview in the last thread: I don't think it implied anything romantic between Ingrid and Rumple. It's true: they did both begin as good people who then traveled (and are traveling) dark paths (maybe that's why to me she seems like the first villain since Regina and Rumple who seems redeemable). And I really don't think they were involved in the few months between Emma's arrival and the curse break--Rumple was completely focused on finding Bae at that time. As far as them having a thing DURING the curse, it also seems unlikely to me. Since Rumple did not have his memories and Ingrid apparently did, his ability to consent would be dubious at best, and SURELY even Kitsowitz would not go there twice with Rumple?
Yep, and it would also mean that Rumple developed feelings for Ingrid AFTER he met Belle, which doesn't make sense. Nothing indicates that he was longing for another woman during the time she lived in the DC, or after that. Quite the contrary, actually.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Rho, I didn't get a bad vibe from it at all either....Rumple certinaly has tunnel vision at the moment though...I'm just waiting for the bad to happen, whatever that is, to hit..

I did see that comment about SQ setting up Rumple, now if that happened, she signed her own death warrant, mind you I think she might have done that when she harmed Belle..

Damn this waiting

Old 11-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love the new title.
My LJ
Old 11-12-2014, 07:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
Changed. thanks for pointing that out.

SO what does everyone think?

I didn't get a bad vibe from the episode.
We know that Rumple will fall further in episode 9/10, but I didn't get the feeling that the SQ knew or was right about what she thinks Rumple is after. I think he wants to be released from the dagger, he's wants to keep his power, but I dont see him wanting to dominate.
The problem is that Rumple is so opaque right now, and so far off his usual trajectory (even for pre-curse Rumple) that it's hard to tell where he's going. I can totally believe that Kitsowitz will try to sell that he is DRUNK WITH POWER and wants to RULE THE WORLD Muwhahahahahaha! [sorry, I can't even type that without putting it in a mad scientist voice]. But on the other hand, Ingrid isn't exactly stable herself, and I can also buy that Rumple's endgame is what I've always thought: free himself from the Dark Curse (and thus the dagger's power), but still have all the magic juice he wants to protect his family and take his wife traveling on the honeymoon of her dreams.

Quote:
I've been trying to stay off Twitter and even Tumblr since there's always haters trying to drag down the fandom.
But I did see some posts about the home being SQ's and that she is actually setting Rumple up when it comes to the hat.
Rumple is not so easily manipulated. I suppose it's possible that given his recent circumstances in 3B his mental state could be so bad that he's easy to manipulate.
TBH, I think Rumple HAS always been pretty easy to manipulate. Look at how the seer got him to fall into line for her prophesy. Look at how easily Zoso conned him into being the Dark One. Look at how August briefly made him think he was Bae. Look at how the Blue Fairy convinced to make the curse--oh, wait, that one isn't confirmed. Yet.

He's not a stupid man, but he WANTS things so badly (safety, his family) that it makes him vulnerable. And maybe this is what makes him so darn good at manipulating other people. He knows what it feels like to be a desperate soul.

And the fact is, somebody IS playing him. Whether it's Ingrid, the apprentice, Yen Sid himself, or some other opponent, SOMEBODY left the world's most powerful magic item sitting out on a table in an unguarded house that Rumple's wife just HAPPENED to run across. If Rumple isn't totally questioning how that happened, he's really gone off the deep end with this addiction.

Quote:
They had also mentioned a long time ago that Rumple/Belle would parallel ELsa/Anna. I wish we'd see that. I am not a fan of not getting any of the conflicted man. Esp since it makers the haters come out in full force. They are hating him for what he "did" to Hook. When Hook was the one to blackmail and the first to threaten a loved one, Belle.
BUt instead of trying to see that maybe something good will/might come from them being forced to work together that are painting Rumple as vile and horrid.
Oh please. Yes, I've seen the argument that Hook is trying SO HARD to be good and that meanie Rumple ruined it for him. Hook is nobody's victim, but it remains to be seen if that is how the show will play it. So far, all we've seen in the story is Hook's POV, not Rumple's. I want to believe that the reason is that when Rumple's actual motivations are revealed they will be something other than we've been led to think, and that's why we aren't getting the story Kitsowitz and Bobby were talking about all summer, dealing with what Rumple suffered and how it affected him, and getting to the bottom of his addiction.

But I don't know.

On another note: Do you guys think that the dagger reveal will be in 4A at all? Because I'm doubting it. They've stopped even mentioning the reveal in interviews, and if as I suspect something happens to Belle in 8 or 9 and she's out of commission for at least the rest of the season, when would they have time?
Old 11-12-2014, 07:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
On another note: Do you guys think that the dagger reveal will be in 4A at all? Because I'm doubting it. They've stopped even mentioning the reveal in interviews, and if as I suspect something happens to Belle in 8 or 9 and she's out of commission for at least the rest of the season, when would they have time
Do you really think she won't find out this half of the season?

I'm nervous about where Belle is. I know she could well be doing indoor filming or at locations that haven't been reported, but Rumple is walking around filming with others, so it doesn't seem like Belle is in danger.

I read that RC, Lana, Sean, Michael and the little boy who plays Roland were filming and I think it was speculated they were at the town line. We know Rumple is for some unknown reason in NYC. Could Belle have been so distraught that she went over the line?

It's really hard to believe, even in my negative views, LOL, that she told him off and he just walked away from town to start a new life for himself in NYC. That would make no sense at all.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Faust (View Post)
And the fact is, somebody IS playing him. Whether it's Ingrid, the apprentice, Yen Sid himself, or some other opponent, SOMEBODY left the world's most powerful magic item sitting out on a table in an unguarded house that Rumple's wife just HAPPENED to run across. If Rumple isn't totally questioning how that happened, he's really gone off the deep end with this addiction.
I bet the house belongs to Ingrid, and she purposely left the hat there for Rumple to find. As far as we know, she's the last person who had the hat before Rumple found it on his honeymoon, and she wasn't in SB during the first curse. Nor was the house.

I think Ingrid is using Rumple to do the "dirty work" for her. I'm guessing that she told him to kill Hook (when she whispered in his ear in the last episode) so she can have Emma all to herself.

Quote:
On another note: Do you guys think that the dagger reveal will be in 4A at all? Because I'm doubting it. They've stopped even mentioning the reveal in interviews, and if as I suspect something happens to Belle in 8 or 9 and she's out of commission for at least the rest of the season, when would they have time?
Honestly, I don't think the fake dagger and Rumple's lies will be an issue in the end. I have a bad feeling that when he does what he is going to do to Hook (if he is the target), he ends up doing something to Belle too. Accidentally, of course. Maybe paralleling Ingrid/Helga/the creepy duke, as I think Hook might use Belle as a shield/drag her down with him in revenge. I kinda doubt Belle would sacrifice herself to save Hook, and both Emilie and Colin haven't been filming much lately..

That would also explain why Rumple is going to do bad things in ep 9 and 10. He has lost his TL, the only light in his life, and is utterly devastated because of it..

Anyway, I think saving Belle is going to be his mission in 4B, and he has to give up his powers in the process. If he does that, I think his lies would no longer be a problem.

EDIT: Episode 12 is called "Darkness on the Edge of Town". I guess it's an reference to the song of the same name by Bruce Springsteen. I don't know if it means anything, but those lyrics scare me:

Quote:
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow
I lost my money and I lost my wife
Them things don't seem to matter much to me now
Tonight I'll be on that hill 'cause I can't stop
I'll be on that hill with everything I got
Lives on the line where dreams are found and lost
I'll be there on time and I'll pay the cost
For wanting things that can only be found
In the darkness on the edge of town

Last edited by Seamstress90; 11-12-2014 at 01:14 PM
Old 11-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I love the title to 412, that has Rumple's name written all over it

source

Old 11-12-2014, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

Those lyrics, if they apply to Rumple, aren't good, imo. And Emilie hasn't been seen filming in awhile. I don't like the part where it says he lost his wife but it doesn't matter. I guess it could be that they lyrics themselves only vaguely apply. They've done that before.

But where does what they said in the wedding commentary about seeing what they can face together and what Kalinda said about seeing if this plays out differently (from what happened with Bae) this time, come into play?
Old 11-13-2014, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

We'll just have to wait and find out...we've got no clue about how the next 4 episodes will play out....just have strap into the rollercoaster and hold on tight

I could be wrong about the title about it being about Rumple, but I didn't even read the lyrics and thought right that's about him

Old 11-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

Darkness on the Edge of Town.. certainly seems like it has to do with Rumple.

Hoping that for 4b His story really takes off and we see him more.

If it is about Rumple I can only guess that somehow the hat could be a trap. A trap that lures Dark One's with promises of freedom from the sway of the dagger.

Rumple truly has not been his own man since becoming the Dark One. He's always been a slave to the curse and darkness.

so it's possible the hat is a trick and it releases something manovelent something that calls upon DO's to obtain the hat that it will release them from the dagger, but not telling them that something sinisiter and evil is inside.

So Rumple releases this evil under the hat's influence (sort of like the One Ring in LOTR).

As for Rumbelle.. Her leaving is too easy. I know many, even Rumbellers just want her to leave and hook up with someone new, and are hating Rumple. I just don't see that though. What he's doing is wrong, of course. But if it's a true addiction and what he's been through since 3b, I think there's more to his story than being selfish. he's consumed and no longer in control of his mental state.

I do think he'll leave. I think that he's going to realize that Belle has a home with the Charmings and doesn't need him. I think that people like Hook always assuming him the worst even when he wirnessed Rumple's sacrifice will always be threatening Belle until Rumple leaves.

So I think if Rumple leaves w/o Belle it' goign to be because he thinks that no one will ever see him trying to be better. That he's unlovable, undeserving. that even as the DO he's accused and kicked around before he's done anything.Others pasts are overlooked, but even after his sacrifice his apst is still called out by peopel in the town. I think it will come to a point where Rumple's addiction will get so bad , his loss, etc. And instead of anyone noticing his struggles since 3b, they will continue to blame him and blackmail him. Belle will probably not stand up for him this time, and Rumple will leave thinking that it's for the best.

Last edited by Rhonwen; 11-13-2014 at 05:35 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread