Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2016, 03:31 AM
Master Fan

If we get backstory on Belle, it won't be in the premiere - unless for some reason she dreams of her mother's death and she discovers In her dream what she blocked out so long ago...That’s the only thing I can see her discovering about herself in the past in the premiere - that and possibly how her father knew Rumple (which he must have since he told her often that “all magic has a price”).

***Watch the Zap2it video - the article left out important things

So Belle has "cool obstacles" and questions that are posed to her where she has to make decisions about her future.....

That sounds very cool to me. Em gave some fantastic responses at CC!

Clearly Belle has a lot on her plate - she’s got to deal with recognizing her own darkness, along with struggling to accept Rumple as the DO again and taking that leap of faith in believing that he’s not the same man from 4A. In order for she and Rumple to be a family, she has to be able to put 4A behind her and understand that he truly wants to do right by her and their child. It’s exciting because her future is up to her - no one is going to decide her fate but her - and because the stakes are so high. We know how this is going to end, just not how it will play out!

We already know that Rumple wants desperately to do right by this child - and Eddy confirmed that………He can still do that even if he and Belle are not together, but it requires that he also, like Belle, deal with his own internal issues. His accepting that he’s dark (with a bit of light) isn’t enough - he seemed resigned to that in 5B. Rumple needs to acknowledge that he is essentially a good person, that he is far more than the curse - he needs to do this for himself, because it’s healthy, and for Rumbelle baby.

I assume that Rumple is also disappointed ……..as he should be, but on the other hand, he really needs to understand the consequences of his choosing to be the Dark One. He told Belle in the UW Library that all she has to do is accept him as the DO now and they can be a family, be happy; it’s NOT that simple. There’s a baby to be concerned about now - and given what she most immediately remembers of him as the Dark One, his expecting her to just accept his status is completely unrealistic. That said, he is STILL the baby’s father so Belle can not deny him his due role as such - that means, he gets to go to doctor’s appointments and he gets to decide on those things that are normally part of a pregnancy. I don’t believe she will deny him that, though - I suspect the messiness part of the story is Belle, right now, struggling with her own darkness and simply not wanting Rumple to be around her at this point…….

Last edited by Betsybelle; 08-08-2016 at 03:47 AM
Old 08-08-2016, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
This article only makes things more confusing but it sounds good!

Reggie's Place : storybrookemirror: ‘Once Upon A Time’ Season 6...
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy
Exactly, and without being thrown against a wall

Yeah, he was only cursed for 28 years..

icon by me
Old 08-08-2016, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I assume that Rumple is also disappointed ……..as he should be, but on the other hand, he really needs to understand the consequences of his choosing to be the Dark One. He told Belle in the UW Library that all she has to do is accept him as the DO now and they can be a family, be happy; it’s NOT that simple. There’s a baby to be concerned about now - and given what she most immediately remembers of him as the Dark One, his expecting her to just accept his status is completely unrealistic. That said, he is STILL the baby’s father so Belle can not deny him his due role as such - that means, he gets to go to doctor’s appointments and he gets to decide on those things that are normally part of a pregnancy. I don’t believe she will deny him that, though - I suspect the messiness part of the story is Belle, right now, struggling with her own darkness and simply not wanting Rumple to be around her at this point…….
Thank you for saying this. I agree completely. No, it's not that simple and it's not really fair that Belle should have to have their whole future put on her decision. Like it's all up to her. It's up to him as well. He needs to do things as well. And Belle has had so much thrust on her in a very short time. Plus, she has the pregnancy hormones adding to it.

I think the only reason Belle would want him to stay away is if she feels he's a danger to the child because of something she's seen in her dream state, either real or concocted by Morpheus for some reason.

Don't you all love how we get "it's the year of Snowing" and Captain Swan will continue to grow, but Rumbelle fans get "they're in a bad place."? You have to love how they try to get Rumbelle viewers NOT to watch. They're logic is astonishing.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It's a two way street and they have to meet in the middle, they were sort of doing that in S5 and the box thing happened

Yeah I'm not really trusting Morpheus atm, until I see it on screen that's he's good, that's the way I'm staying, I won't be surprised if Morpheus has a hand in Belle keeping away from Rumple, IF that happens..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
This article only makes things more confusing but it sounds good!

Reggie's Place : storybrookemirror: ‘Once Upon A Time’ Season 6...
Thanks for the link , does seem interesting stuff there , the video is good too , I'm hoping we see this on screen and it's not just talk. Belle and Rumple are the most complex couple of the show, you would think they would be front and centre.

As Betsy said, Em gave us great stuff at Comic Con this year, I'm hoping it all comes out on screen , if it does, a very good S6 seems to be in store for us, here's hoping
Old 08-08-2016, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Agreed CD, I don't trust Morpheus either.. And yes, I think Rumbelle should try to find some kind of compromise, and I think that actually might be the point of their story. Asking Rumple to simply stop being the DO is just as unfair as asking Belle to stop being heroic/reading books since he sees it as a part of himself, but what he should do is 1) continue being honest with Belle 2) Prove that his family is his priority, and that he can, and does control the Darkness (not the other way around), and that he won't let it taint his heart and soul again. And Belle needs to stop trying to be a hero for everyone and be more the hero her child/family needs, and truly accept the fact that people, even heroes, do resort to darkness to protect their children/family if they have to, and especially in the heat of the moment. Oh, and they should go to see Archie.

icon by me
Old 08-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Thank you for saying this. I agree completely. No, it's not that simple and it's not really fair that Belle should have to have their whole future put on her decision. Like it's all up to her. It's up to him as well. He needs to do things as well. And Belle has had so much thrust on her in a very short time. Plus, she has the pregnancy hormones adding to it.

I think the only reason Belle would want him to stay away is if she feels he's a danger to the child because of something she's seen in her dream state, either real or concocted by Morpheus for some reason.

Don't you all love how we get "it's the year of Snowing" and Captain Swan will continue to grow, but Rumbelle fans get "they're in a bad place."? You have to love how they try to get Rumbelle viewers NOT to watch. They're logic is astonishing.
YEP......... I admit, I'm starting to get iffy vibes on Morpheus.........and it seems he's done filming if Belle/Rumple are in SB. That's just odd, though, because how much of his agenda could be revealed in one, maybe two episoes?

Despite what A/E say, Rumbelle always end up with the most beautiful and powerful story - but it does bother me that CS will get all these fluffy moments and Rumbelle have to struggle for a moment. Still, as others have said on Tumblr, our ship still has all the hugs, kisses, touches and looks................AND they're having a baby!
Quote:
It's a two way street and they have to meet in the middle, they were sort of doing that in S5 and the box thing happened
They will, I have no doubt.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Yeah, he was only cursed for 28 years..
You can't have everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)

Yeah I'm not really trusting Morpheus atm, until I see it on screen that's he's good, that's the way I'm staying, I won't be surprised if Morpheus has a hand in Belle keeping away from Rumple, IF that happens..
I don't trust him either, but I'm very intrigued by what his agenda might be and why he would help Rumbelle out, like, for what hidden purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Agreed CD, I don't trust Morpheus either.. And yes, I think Rumbelle should try to find some kind of compromise, and I think that actually might be the point of their story. Asking Rumple to simply stop being the DO is just as unfair as asking Belle to stop being heroic/reading books since he sees it as a part of himself, but what he should do is 1) continue being honest with Belle 2) Prove that his family is his priority, and that he can, and does control the Darkness (not the other way around), and that he won't let it taint his heart and soul again. And Belle needs to stop trying to be a hero for everyone and be more the hero her child/family needs, and truly accept the fact that people, even heroes, do resort to darkness to protect their children/family if they have to, and especially in the heat of the moment. Oh, and they should go to see Archie.
I agree, especially on the bold. Which of course is not easy to prove since he looked in control before S4 and then lost it completely, but not impossible.

RoseBennett
Old 08-08-2016, 05:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Despite what A/E say, Rumbelle always end up with the most beautiful and powerful story - but it does bother me that CS will get all these fluffy moments and Rumbelle have to struggle for a moment. Still, as others have said on Tumblr, our ship still has all the hugs, kisses, touches and looks................AND they're having a baby!
Can I get an AMEN!

I am thinking Rumple may not be in SB. Belle yes but I'm not sure he's there yet. Just a feeling.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Can I get an AMEN!

I am thinking Rumple may not be in SB. Belle yes but I'm not sure he's there yet. Just a feeling.
That's what I'm thinking too..

Do we know if Bobby's even been filming since 6x01? I mean, I was thinking that maybe the real reason Belle would be having "alone time" in the beginning of S6 is simply that Bobby didn't film for episodes 2 and/or 3? From what Adam said about him not attending CC this year, it sounded like Bobby was exhausted due to working so much during the spring and summer, so maybe he needed some rest..

icon by me
Old 08-08-2016, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

I was under the impression RC was in Scotland or had just gotten back from there (after we know he had been filming with MOrpheus). So maybe he's been going back and forth with last minute things to finish up the film. I assume he's back in Vancouver now to film though.

I just hope he's not angry with Belle. He hasn't been in the past. And I would hate to see them being mean to each other, especially in her condition.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I was under the impression RC was in Scotland or had just gotten back from there (after we know he had been filming with MOrpheus). So maybe he's been going back and forth with last minute things to finish up the film. I assume he's back in Vancouver now to film though.

I just hope he's not angry with Belle. He hasn't been in the past. And I would hate to see them being mean to each other, especially in her condition.
Rumple has never in his life shown anger against those who hurt him until after he became DO. The abuse he has endured all his life has crippled him from expressing anger or defending himself. He takes responsibility for things whether he is responsible or not and feels that he deserves harsh treatment because he has been conditioned to feel that way. When he became the DO, years of repressed anger and resentment came pouring out, hence his losing control over the darkness and it was the presence and subsequent loss of his son that showed him he needed to control himself.

Despite that, he has rarely shown anger against Belle, frustration, yes but not anger because he thinks he doesn't deserve her because of prior conditioning. He has just recently begun standing up for himself even against Belle. He has been shown that he can be brave minus the power. It was only when he thought he lost everything again, that he took it on knowing the risks but feeling like he had nothing left.

I don't want that to stop. I want him to stand up for himself even against Belle. He is fighting against years of conditioning and learning to value himself. Eventually he will realize that he can be capable of light magic and eventually realize he doesn't need it anymore. This is his journey.

Belle on the other hand had the love of her mother but got stuck with a controlling, manipulative father whose love and affection is conditional. Belle tends to want to please others and she wants to be a hero like her mother. Yes she is rebellious and I put that to her mother's influence but despite that, she agreed to marry a man whom she knows she could never love, a true beast in order to save her people. Did anyone notice as I did that Maurice knew exactly how to manipulate Belle? He told her she would be a hero. Rumple offered her an out to this marriage but also offered her a chance to be a hero as well. Belle, not really knowing what she was getting into, took the better offer but her main motivation is to be a hero.

Her response to anger is to walk out and I blame her father for that because Belle lived in a world where her opinion and intelligence didn't count. Her lone method of rebellion is to walk away. Loving Rumple as truly as she does is also another form of rebellion against her father. Belle chose her own beast and one she knew was truly a hero inside. She doesn't see that her method of coping is conditioning from her childhood that she repeats. When she gets angry or upset, she runs. She may come back but her first response is to run from an argument.

The problem and challenge she is facing now is that Rumple's lies have her questioning everything. She doesn't trust Rumple but she trusts herself even less. That is what she has to learn to do again. This is Belle's journey!

The problem with her and Rumple is that she sees this as chance to cool off and think. Unfortunately, Rumple is conditioned to think he is unworthy and people will leave him. This only widens the gap between them. Rumple need to realize, and I think he does, that Belle needing space is her way of coping with anger and she needs to stop running from an argument and hash things out.

I only hope their journey is written well and brings them back together to raise our new little prince or princess!

Last edited by Grace52373; 08-08-2016 at 09:55 AM
Old 08-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove

He might be sad and disappointed, but angry? No, I don't think so. He's never truly angry with Belle. I'm not sure why people are thinking he would be..?

Yeah, that's what Adam seemed to be suggesting.. It just seems weird to me that we haven't heard anything about Bobby filming since 6x01. Yes, he's possibly filmed indoors, but still..

Anyway, the title of 6x04 is "The Strange Case", which means it's probably Jekyl/Hyde centric. I imagine we'll learn more about the history between Hyde and Rumple in this episode, so I hope we'll hear soon about Bobby again..

icon by me
Old 08-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Nice post Grace, I agree with you on many points

I don't think he'd be angry either, at least from what we got so far. He didn't look like he was angry when she cursed herself, though defeated and probably a bit annoyed that she never listens to him lol.
Belle knows who she married but so does he. He knows by now that Belle's impulsive and needs to act immediately, unlike Rumple's careful planning, often putting herself in danger as well. And both know that whatever they're doing is in their baby's interest. Given that, and as Grace said Rumple's constant idea that anything bad that happens to him is his fault, I don't see him being angry at Belle.

RoseBennett
Old 08-08-2016, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

The only reason I say that is the comments that they are in a bad place and what Eddy said about "no one takes a baby from Rumplestiltskin." Hopefully he won't be mad at her.

This is a mother who is concerned about her child. That child is the number 1 priority. I think she's absolutely in the right if she believes (and she has no reason not to) that he could be a bad influence on her child.

And there's a reason Belle doesn't trust Rumple or listen to him at this point. And I think (or hope) he understands that.

The thing is, he knows what happened in the past and his being the DO was not conducive to him being a father, and yet, he is fully embracing himself as the Dark One. So I'm not sure where that leaves Rumple and Belle?

They seemed to be at such an impasse when she went to "sleep" that I don't know what is going to happen.

Quote:
I only hope their journey is written well and brings them back together to raise our new little prince or princess!
Agreed!

And I hope they do delve more into Belle's past. I realize because how young she was and being pretty sheltered, there's not as much to work with as some of the other characters, but I think there's more to the story about her mother than meets the eye.

I'm not sure whether to trust that article though. These things so many times are just compiling quotes and speculating, but we'll see. Emilie seems excited though so that should be a good sign.

Last edited by Belleislove; 08-08-2016 at 11:19 AM
Old 08-08-2016, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Don't trust the article, trust the video - the reporter speculated a LOT.

Quote:
The only reason I say that is the comments that they are in a bad place and what Eddy said about "no one takes a baby from Rumplestiltskin." Hopefully he won't be.

This is a mother who is concerned about her child. I think she's absolutely in the right if she believes (and she has no reason not to) that he could be a bad influence on her child.

And there's a reason Belle doesn't trust Rumple or listen to him at this point. And I think (or hope) he understands that.

The thing is, he knows what happened in the past and his being the DO was not conducive to him being a father, and yet, he is fully embracing himself as the Dark One. So I'm not sure where that leaves Rumple and Belle?
I said this before and I'll say it again in my reponse to Grace, but I don't think he'll be angry with her - unless Belle refuses to allow him any input re: the baby, and I do not think that will be the case. Rumple might think that Belle's needing space is her taking the baby away from him, but I would be disappointed if he thought that - for reasons I've already stated and which I will state again shortly. He might very well be devastated - thinking that they won't ever be a family, which he's wanted for decades.

Adam and Eddy have both stated positive things about Rumple - that he wants to do the right thing for this child that he wants so much and that he'll be growing, continuing his 5B arc. That bodes well, IMO.

As to Bobby, well aside from Em with Colin, we haven't heard much of her; its possible that Bobby was in Scotland for some of 6x2 and 6x3, but since the episodes were written awhile ago, it would have meant that they'd have redone the scripts - IF it turned out that Bobby had to return to Scotland. On the other hand, maybe they knew well ahead of time that Bobby could make it back for the premiere and part of the second episode, but not for the third. They would definitely accommodate him.

Well said, Grace.

I’m not sure I agree that Rumple will view Belle needing space as a rejection of him - he seemed very sure of her love in 5B, even to the point of saying that she’d realize that that she fell in love with all sides of him, that “she’d see”. I think he’s beyond that at this point - but what he might see her needing space as is her trying to deprive him of access to their child. I posted about this earlier, but I hope not because he needs to understand the consequences of his choosing to be the Dark One. He told Belle in the UW Library that all she has to do is accept him as the DO now and they can be a family, be happy; it’s NOT that simple. There’s a baby to be concerned about now - and given what she most immediately remembers of him as the Dark One, his expecting her to just accept his status is completely unrealistic. That said, he is STILL the baby’s father so Belle can not deny him his due role as such - that means, he gets to go to doctor’s appointments and he gets to decide on those things that are normally part of a pregnancy. I don’t believe she will deny him that, though - I suspect the messiness part of the story is Belle, right now, struggling with her own darkness and simply not wanting Rumple to be around her at this point…….

Rumple also resigned himself to the fact that he’s mostly dark and incapable of light magic - and that’s not healthy; he needs to recognize his essential goodness - he does acknowledge his light, but he believes it’s just a small part of him.

By the same token, Belle is going to struggle with her own darkness - she needs to understand that she can be a hero, be a good person, without being perfect; she need to stop putting so much pressure on herself. She also needs to take that leap of faith and truly believe in Rumple again. It’s hard because 4A was not long ago and she still hurts, but if she can’t do this, the relationship can never work.

I’m ok with Belle needing some time on her own, but only for a brief period - it’s important that they work together on their issues. Either they’re married or they’re not - no more break-ups (this is their final separation, though - they are foundation for their HE)