Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Honestly, I thought it was bad when Neal was killed off, but people are seriously pissed off now and that includes non- fans of OQ. There is talk about trending #Robin and Sean deserve better on twitter, letters to abc, etc.

Honestly I am questioning continuing watching this show even though it would be hard to give up Rumbelle because I can't support this. Robin has two kids, Neal was the father of Henry, but neither of them get a chance to live again?? The preview pictures only made it worse.

They are already losing people, they can't afford to lose more!

I said back before season 5 that if you don't want to kill off a character permanently, don't do it. They should have never killed off Rumple and Hook and than bring them back. it only creates resentment in the audience that their favorites are permanently dead but other favorites are brought back.

If they want to kill the show, well than Adam and Eddie, congratulations, you did a bang up job of it.

Unless something good happens with Rumbelle in the season finale, the only viewers left for season 6 are going to be Captain Swan viewers because they are the only fans Adam and Eddie haven't pissed off!

Last edited by Grace52373; 05-06-2016 at 08:54 AM
Old 05-06-2016, 09:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm torn on the whole Robin thing.

On one hand I never really liked the character and even though I was looking forward to Regina getting a love interest in S3, I was then left incredibly underwhelmed by OQ. Their soap opera, shallow storylines in S4 ruined any chance of me liking them. I ended that season disliking them more than any other couple on the show and very disappointed that it seemed they were end game.

But on the other hand I think the way the writers treated Robin's character this season was incredibly messed up. Even with him being one of my least favorite characters on the show I think he deserved far better.

And it seems many in the fandom (even many CS shippers) regardless of whether they liked Robin or OQ, are sickened by the new very spoilery promo photos of the next episode. The way it all appears to be handled is just the most insulting way it could be portrayed.

So regardless of how many ship OQ, I think there is going to be some incredible fall out in the ratings.

To Rumbelle fans, I recommend doing what I do: Stop watching, scan through recaps and only watch Rumple and Belle related scenes. It's helped me not be nearly as angry about this horribly written show as I used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Here's the thing though. The ratings fall every year. And there's no reason to think Season 6 they're suddenly going to get a bunch of new fans or old fans back.
I agree ratings will most likely never go up again. If anything they'll drop even further.

S6 will most likely be the last and thank goodness for that. Will put these talented actors out of the misery of having to make this bad writing compelling. I will never watch anything A&E write again.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
S6 will most likely be the last and thank goodness for that. Will put these talented actors out of the misery of having to make this bad writing compelling. I will never watch anything A&E write again.
I've said this before. I won't watch A&E again. They've left a bad taste in my mouth. Jane too, just for some of her comments and the way she's treated Rumbelle fans. It may be petty but I don't trust them.

I hate to see people lose their jobs. But all tv shows come to an end so that's the business they're all in. Six years is a great run.

Quote:
To Rumbelle fans, I recommend doing what I do: Stop watching, scan through recaps and only watch Rumple and Belle related scenes. It's helped me not be nearly as angry about this horribly written show as I used to
I think I've only watched live once or twice this year.

Quote:
Unless something good happens with Rumbelle in the season finale, the only viewers left for season 6 are going to be Captain Swan viewers because they are the only fans Adam and Eddie haven't pissed off
I have nothing against this couple at all. But the show has made clear that this is the only story they care about and to get real payoff so what's the point? It's a shame because this show could actually have had higher ratings if they didn't kind of disenfranchise so many viewers.

And the same formula every year for the Rumbelle stories? That's not good writing. Fan fiction is better than this. They've wasted to many rich storytelling possibilities. Such a shame.

I truly don't get why they've gone crazy over Zelena. I know there's a section of online fans that love her but I don't believe she's loved by the GA. I just don't for various reasons. Her characters does not deserve anything close to the airtime and story they are giving her. Do they think people will forget what she's done if she cries a few tears and does one decent thing in her life?
Old 05-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I've said this before. I won't watch A&E again. They've left a bad taste in my mouth. Jane too, just for some of her comments and the way she's treated Rumbelle fans. It may be petty but I don't trust them.

I hate to see people lose their jobs. But all tv shows come to an end so that's the business they're all in. Six years is a great run.

I think I've only watched live once or twice this year.

I have nothing against this couple at all. But the show has made clear that this is the only story they care about and to get real payoff so what's the point? It's a shame because this show could actually have had higher ratings if they didn't kind of disenfranchise so many viewers.

And the same formula every year for the Rumbelle stories? That's not good writing. Fan fiction is better than this. They've wasted to many rich storytelling possibilities. Such a shame.

I truly don't get why they've gone crazy over Zelena. I know there's a section of online fans that love her but I don't believe she's loved by the GA. I just don't for various reasons. Her characters does not deserve anything close to the airtime and story they are giving her. Do they think people will forget what she's done if she cries a few tears and does one decent thing in her life?
I wanted to say in case I was misunderstood, I was not bashing Captain swan fans there because I know a lot of them are just as outraged about this.

I literally do not know what they are thinking. I don't like OQ but I went through this with swanfire and on Charmed, Phoebe and Cole so I understand how they feel and I have been reaching out to the ones on tumblr so they have a safe place to vent. This whole storyline is disrespectful to the actor, the character, and to their fans!

I would love to see Lana bring the evil queen out to play in the last few episodes!

I also wanted to say that maybe instead of saying Captain swan fans would be the only viewers in season 6, I should have said Captain Swan stans!

Belleislove, I agree with you about Zelena! Rebecca Mader is a hell of an actress but this redemption storyline stinks and Robin having to give up his baby to Zelena last episode, made me sick! She has no regrets about the people she hurt and I am sorry but having a child doesn't change a person that much! She is Rumple's abuser and Robin's rapist and she should pay for her crimes. To think little Hood would be raised by her or allowed around her, makes me cringe!
Old 05-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

I have nothing against Captain Swan either. I don't mind them either way and I know they have a lot of fans. Just saying when a show only gives hope and story and reaches out and promotes one couple to the exclusion of others it doesn't work out well for the show.

But killing off RH has nothing to do with CS but unfortunately I think there may be some who resent them.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

^I think it would probably be a natural reaction, seeing your couple ending and another being reunited in this matter, which is why I seriously don't understand why they went for this.

I agree Grace. And on Zelena, I enjoyed her as crazy, evil, wicked, whatever, even if some scenes/themes were way too serious. Now I just find her plain boring and with no depth because I don't feel any journey from 5x11 Zelena to 5B Zelena. She and Regina was my bestfriend's favourites, and he's so bored by them now (But good, because now he's back to my side on the "Rumple's the best" team lol)

Quote:
Here's the thing though. The ratings fall every year. And there's no reason to think Season 6 they're suddenly going to get a bunch of new fans or old fans back.

So they'll, imo, go fractional next year. They're at 1.2/1.3 right now so it's hard to believe the ratings will suddenly go up or even maintain at those numbers.
They don't need ratings to go up, just to not fall steadily below 1.0. At least that's the usual for an established show with an establish fanbase. And they have already cut some of the costs this season and can further do if necessary.
If they go below 1.0 for more than a couple of episodes, then there's a problem because it remains a show that it's not cheap to make, especially with this cast and the setting.

RoseBennett
Old 05-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well I will shamelessly say I have a lot against CaptainSwan.
I think it's an incredibly contrived romantic storyline that romanticizes many disturbing real life relationship issues. And to make it worse, the show demonizes and throws other characters and couples under the bus to prop up this poorly written romance.

Rumbelle has plenty of issues but those issues are treated as they should be, problems that need to be sorted out and overcome if Rumbelle is going to make it. These things aren't swept aside and that's why I prefer their story and still enjoy it. I have actually enjoyed the meatiness and realistic qualities of Rumbelle's story this season.

And Grace, nice to see you are a fellow Pheobe/Cole shipper.
I still watch reruns of Charmed and just stop watching when that crazy SL curveball of Cole becoming the Source starts up. That's definitely when the show jumped the shark.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Rose McGowan ruined Charmed for me. I missed Prue. I liked her and Andy the first year.

Quote:
They don't need ratings to go up, just to not fall steadily below 1.0. At least that's the usual for an established show with an establish fanbase. And they have already cut some of the costs this season and can further do if necessary.
If they go below 1.0 for more than a couple of episodes, then there's a problem because it remains a show that it's not cheap to make, especially with this cast and the setting.
They just don't have far to go. If they fall at the rate they have in past seasons they'll be fractional for sure.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Master Fan

LOL me too. When I re-watch I stopp immediately before his eyes turn all black, nope

RoseBennett
Old 05-06-2016, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

I loved Andy.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

I don't disagree at all that the ratings aren't low, just not low enough for now for me to think S6 will necessarily be the last one

RoseBennett
Old 05-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I don't disagree at all that the ratings aren't low, just not low enough for now for me to think S6 will necessarily be the last one
No, right now, although they're low they're not low enough for cancellation. But since they go down every year we can assume they'll go down quite a bit next year as well. They're so low now that it won't take a whole lot to make them fractional.

Quote:
Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) and Belle (Emilie de Ravin)

One person who won’t be affected in this finale is Belle, who will be in a sleeping curse until next season so the actress could go on maternity leave. But Kitsis notes she will still play a “pivotal role.”
Even though it would be great to see Regina and Rumple team up, Kitsis says he’ll “be doing what he does best: Looking out for himself.”
Now that Hades doesn’t have a contract for Rumple’s baby, his focus may shift to taking down Regina, Emma, and The Charmings, but there is always the chance that he’ll want to wipe out all of Storybrooke — including Belle and Rumple.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ho-dies-891018

Last edited by Belleislove; 05-06-2016 at 11:42 AM
Old 05-06-2016, 12:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

OUAT's ratings right now are actually lower than Revenge's were last season when ABC decided to cancel them very suddenly. But yes, things are really low across the board which is sparing OUAT.

ABC is in a VERY tumultuous place right now. You don't force out your CEO right in the middle of pilot season unless things are in a very desperate place and immediate change is needed.

ABC is the lowest rated network channel at a time when network TV is failing so they are basically the lowest of the low.

I read an article about how ABC renewed almost all of their TV shows (OUAT included) way earlier than they typically do and right after installing a new CEO. While some fans were rejoicing and claiming that this is a sign that ABC is confident in all these shows, people in the industry understand this was a very resigned move.

It was too late for the new CEO and Disney parent company to do anything to save the 16/17 season and try to increase ratings. So they just renewed all their programming and will use the time saved to look ahead to 17/18. I think we are going to see some drastic changes at ABC next year and I think OUAT and many other shows will be left behind.

Disney is always on the cutting edge so I expect ABC to end up becoming a force for change in network TV. And I think keeping around a poorly planned, over-budgeted TV show that is losing its audience (like OUAT) won't be part of their changes.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, Koodles. That's interesting.

It's not that I want the show cancelled. I'm just being realistic and looking at the ratings.

I know that this show has tie-ins to the Disney characters but honestly Disney doesn't need this show to advertise their mega-successful characters and movies, LOL. I mean it's not like having a Disney character on Once will mean people will go out and buy more copies of the Little Mermaid or go to the theater to see their latest movies. They've been doing fine without this show for quite awhile.

So it does seem like it's confirmed that Belle will be asleep and since they keep stressing Emilie isn't there I assume we won't actually see her so would that mean she's still in the box or will there be a scene between Moe and Rumple where they just confirm his kiss didn't work and Rumple will have to figure out another way?

That doesn't explain why he would stay in NY though.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

And I'm not particularly in a seventh season if they don't pick up some of their old spark at all. I htought they were doing a good job in 5B, but then, like 5A, things started to crumble by the end of the arc, with little explanation for some arcs/actions/plots to unsatisfying endings of other plots (Rumbelle baby, the river - though there might still a bit for hope for that - the Mission fiasco).

If only they came back to a full season arc so they can bring justice to all SL

And thanks for the description koodles, it's very interesting indeed

Thanks, No offense to the journalist, but this is basically a re-cutting of Natalie's article

RoseBennett
Closed Thread   Post New Thread