Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Betsy, I love the hand kiss!

And I am just weary of the others doing no wrong but whatever Rumple does, he's evil. It's making me resent some of the others and I honestly don 't want to feel that way. I can see other points of view, and I can take criticism of Rumple, but I'd like the show and some of the fans, to be a little more even handed and fair.

But anyway, Rumple is a deeply flawed but deeply fascinating character. Not just on this show, but IMO, in all of television.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma90 (View Post)
So they're all angry with Rumple for taking the darkness, but the Gary Stu and Emma once again get a free pass for what they did? And rewriting history once again to throw Rumple under the bus and prop up Hook.

I can't read anything from the promotion of the show that is related to Hook or Emma anymore because it just gets me angry at them without even considering the show. So since they are both so prominent now, I'd rather leave it be and concentrate on Rumbelle/Rumple/Belle and Regina's separate SL. So, naturally, for the latter I'm still very excited for the 100th but will probably watch other episodes in bits and pieces until Belle's centric.

RoseBennett
Old 03-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Betsy, I love the hand kiss!
It's absolutely gorgeous! That scene is exquisite..........sigh.

If you're upset like I am, read this esssay:

...odds and beginnings... — How do you “betray” someone who is in the process...

My response is in the thread, so I'll just add tis:

If I could tell one thing to Rumple right now, it’s to... NOT let Emma blackmail him into doing anything else (which I fear). JMo said that Emma would use Rumple to get what she wants….well she can threaten to tell Belle, but Belle is not in the UW currently so she can’t do anything at this point. More to the point, he should tell Emma that he plans to tell Belle upon their return and he’s NOT going to allow her to use him to do what she wants - that she’s on her OWN.

Rumple and Belle need to stay far away from everyone - and I PRAY that he does his own thing in the UW

ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE:

The light falling on Rumple is, I believe, a very positive metaphor....

We’ve been seeing that a lot lately; instead of Rumple always being in shadow, reflecting his state of mind, we’ve been seeing him in light ………..and that is no accident. Rumple is the Dark One yes, but he’s NOT the Dark One like in 4A - or even before that. We already know from Adam and Eddy that he’s growing, evolving, changing - that he will use his DO powers differently. I believed that even before the spoilers, but now we not only have words, but we have the symbolism of LIGHT……… and I LOVE that

jus drein jus daun
Old 03-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
It's absolutely gorgeous! That scene is exquisite..........sigh.

If you're upset like I am, read this esssay:

...odds and beginnings... — How do you*“betray” someone who is in the process...

My response is in the thread, so I'll just add tis:

If I could tell one thing to Rumple right now, it’s to... NOT let Emma blackmail him into doing anything else (which I fear). JMo said that Emma would use Rumple to get what she wants….well she can threaten to tell Belle, but Belle is not in the UW currently so she can’t do anything at this point. More to the point, he should tell Emma that he plans to tell Belle upon their return and he’s NOT going to allow her to use him to do what she wants - that she’s on her OWN.

Rumple and Belle need to stay far away from everyone - and I PRAY that he does his own thing in the UW

ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE:

The light falling on Rumple is, I believe, a very positive metaphor....

We’ve been seeing that a lot lately; instead of Rumple always being in shadow, reflecting his state of mind, we’ve been seeing him in light ………..and that is no accident. Rumple is the Dark One yes, but he’s NOT the Dark One like in 4A - or even before that. We already know from Adam and Eddy that he’s growing, evolving, changing - that he will use his DO powers differently. I believed that even before the spoilers, but now we not only have words, but we have the symbolism of LIGHT……… and I LOVE that

jus drein jus daun

Violet is a really good meta writer! One of the best! She literally named everything I had a problem with. Someone please send this to the writers and the cast!
Old 03-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Hopefully it will play out differently than some of the actors talk about it.

I just truly do not get how some of the characters do hideous things and aren't called out on it but Rumple is blamed for everything and every wrong thing he's done is never forgotten and allowances are never made for the abuse he's suffered or the Dark Curse or the sacrifices he HAS made.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

I don't get it either. It's so frustrating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Maybe that's why Rumple decides to tell Belle the truth when they're reunited in the UW? So that she can't be used as a pawn against him anymore? As you said, as long as Belle's in SB, they're safe. But that changes once she goes to the UW. So maybe Rumple just decides to put a stop to the madness before it gets out of hand again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy
I can't read anything from the promotion of the show that is related to Hook or Emma anymore because it just gets me angry at them without even considering the show. So since they are both so prominent now, I'd rather leave it be and concentrate on Rumbelle/Rumple/Belle and Regina's separate SL. So, naturally, for the latter I'm still very excited for the 100th but will probably watch other episodes in bits and pieces until Belle's centric.
Same here, and agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle
Rumple kissing Belle's hand in "Best Laid Plans" was more passionate than 99.9% of other couples' ordinary kisses, so as brief as it is, it will be lovely, I'm sure.
Even Rumple kissing the chipped cup was passionate. So yeah, I think it's going to be good.

icon by me
Old 03-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

the gifs , I love that now the light is shining on Rumple

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I agree.

I can't read anything from the promotion of the show that is related to Hook or Emma anymore because it just gets me angry at them without even considering the show. So since they are both so prominent now, I'd rather leave it be and concentrate on Rumbelle/Rumple/Belle and Regina's separate SL.
Me too, anything I see with his or her name on it, I just skip past..
Old 03-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hopefully it will play out differently than some of the actors talk about it.

I just truly do not get how some of the characters do hideous things and aren't called out on it but Rumple is blamed for everything and every wrong thing he's done is never forgotten and allowances are never made for the abuse he's suffered or the Dark Curse or the sacrifices he HAS made.
Hopefully.... I mean, maybe they are just talking about what their characters are thinking, not necessarily that we're going to see scenes up on scenes of them lambasting Rumple (which he wouldn't tolerate anyway).......

I guess the actors are only speaking as regards their characters' mentalities, which is very upsetting......that is, that the characters think that way. I believe it simply comes down to the fact that they hate Rumple and so, like the Rumple haters, they will find a way to twist everything to make him the devil even when it smacks of hypocrisy.

Quote:
Maybe that's why Rumple decides to tell Belle the truth when they're reunited in the UW? So that she can't be used as a pawn against him anymore? As you said, as long as Belle's in SB, they're safe. But that changes once she goes to the UW. So maybe Rumple just decides to put a stop to the madness before it gets out of hand again?
That's probably part of it, though I prefer to think that he does it because he wants to. I hope he does tell her that Emma blackmailed him - this way Belle is fully informed of how nasty everyone truly is.
Quote:
Even Rumple kissing the chipped cup was passionate. So yeah, I think it's going to be good.

Old 03-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Him kissing that cup was swoon worthy. He's such a sentimental softie about Belle!
Old 03-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
fic Tari...

Glad you liked it.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Positive thought: let’s remember that no matter what some of the cast said about Rumple betraying Hook, Adam and Eddy NEVER said that....

they never implied it either. In FACT, they’ve been sympathetic to him as to his reasons for re-taking the curse. Time after time, they’ve said that Rumple was devastated and grief-stricken at losing Belle and terrified of the UW, where he had a horrifying experience. The most they ever said was that he took advantage of a loophole - but that was not a negative comment, just a fact.

SO, who cares what Emma, Regina or Snowing think (their actors were responding to those questions essentially in character) when the creators of the show have repeatedly contradicted them?

To the haters:

Old 03-05-2016, 06:54 PM
Passionate Fan

True Betsy the writers never said it that is why I am hoping Belle and Rumple point out their hypocrisy.

Great story Chakotays!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

and I hope so

Quote:
Him kissing that cup was swoon worthy. He's such a sentimental softie about Belle!
that he is
Old 03-06-2016, 07:04 AM
Master Fan

True <Betsy, I'll get what A&E say and nothing else

Well, it's 24-seconds day

RoseBennett
Old 03-06-2016, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
**** I was really hoping for a True Love’s Kiss. Hopefully you’ll give me one by the end of the season?
EK: I think you will definitely get one by the end of the season.

Leanne Aguilera
This is from an interview she did with Adam and Eddy right after the finale aired. This comment was in her section on CS (there were sections on other couples) and so obviously she’s referring to a CS kiss.

I really hope that Eddy’s response was a general one, that “you” is the royal “YOU”, that there will be a TLK in 5B, not that SHE personally will get her CS kiss. I can’t imagine that he’d spoil something like that…….

I honestly don’t know if I could watch S6 if Rumbelle yet again gets *** out of a TLK………

People who went to the convention yesterday in Vancouver got a set tour (WOW) and here are a couple of photos:

Meta Matters

So apparently the language in Greek means:

“Only a heart filled with true love can pass”

This can’t be a general portal to the UW because if so how the heck are all the villains there? It only makes sense if it’s a way for the living to pass through……I would love it if that’s how Belle got to the UW, but as she probably goes with Zelena, that doesn’t seem likely either (perhaps they go through the elevator in the mortuary).

It's possible it's an exit from the UW, but to me this photo looks like it's leading to the caverns of the UW

CSers are flipping out that this confirms CS are TL (sadly per the show we know they will be/are). ………..and it probably does somehow. If so, and CS is the couple that gets TLK, I’m not even sure I could watch S6…

Last edited by Betsybelle; 03-06-2016 at 01:08 PM
Old 03-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

I'm honestly not sure why people think that undoubtedly means someone's getting a TLK there. It just says "Only a heart filled with true love can pass". Nothing about a kiss.

To be completely honest, though, I don't think Rumbelle is getting a TLK this season unless Bobby and Emilie have already filmed that scene in advance. I mean, it's a huge, game-changing moment for Rumple and Rumbelle, so it would happen most likely in the finale, and it seems that Emilie has already stopped filming.

icon by me
Closed Thread   Post New Thread