Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I totally get where you are coming from. I was so upset after 5A that I couldn’t sleep that night and it took me roughly a week to “get over” how I felt! I kept telling myself “girl, its just a show! Get over it!”. LOL I wasn’t sure I wanted to come back in the spring to watch more and worried that the show would get the axe before RumBelle could really work through their problems (and I wasn’t sure they would at that point). So I decided to use the break and think about it, no pressure
Thanks. I know you guys understand. And it's not even that I'm upset about their story, but I know there won't be anything really for them together for a few episodes. I usually care about all the other characters but for this particular arc, I just can't work up much feeling for it. I don't need to see any of the dead people (other than Neal) that they're bringing back, LOL.

A break does help!! And I get lots of reading done.

And I hate to say this because I generally love all the characters on the show but seeing some of the online stuff is making me not so crazy about some of the characters, and I don't want to feel that way if you know what I mean?

I agree about Rumple. He is such a memorable character with so much complexity. I just think he's really fascinating. But again, a lot of that is the actor who plays him.

I do want to hear the recording session for the music though next week because I think that should be for Belle/Rumbelle episode.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

do understand, sometime it is a good to take a step back, and yes it's the online fandom that does this, (not all of them), you just think chill

Rumple the tour guide, it!!

I'm sure Belle will be back from the UW, we just don't know how....
Old 03-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Twitter and Tumblr can be so nasty. It's actually embarrassing to read this nastiness, and some if it directed to the actors themselves. It's sad.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think the only thing I am looking forward to in the premier is Rumple sassing the so-called heroes! This whole jaunt to the UW is selfish and short sighted and I hope they pay a heavy price. Not Rumbelle and Henry, but the rest of them!
Not me. I'm psyched about the Rumbelle (short!!) scene......... Personally I'm intrigued by this UW storyline and I can't wait for Rumple to get closure and for Rumbelle to be together.
Quote:
I understand the worry about Belle. I don't think she was left in the UW certainly but her not being there worries me. I don't think there has been any word of Emilie being in Vancouver after her centric. I understand that we don't know everything but I think it's too late in her pregnancy to be flying back and forth. I hope they filmed ahead for her but until we know for sure, I do get the anxiety over it.
Neither Hook, Henry or Snow filmed at town hall. Most filming is inside; except for last night and that night with Pan/Zelena, Bobby has been all inside. There hasn't been news about Em being in LA since her centric either - it's not like we get daily reports on the comings and goings of the cast. There's no way she stopped filming right after her centric and there's no way that Adam and Eddy knew about her pregnancy and wrote a 1 episode arc for Rumbelle. Adam said we'd see her in more than 1 out of 3 episodes - well I know she's not in 5x13-5x15. That means she's in 5x16 and 5x17 for sure. That can't be it - and I'm positive Belle is pregnant so that means she has to have scenes in SB. If they're working around Ginny, there's no way they didn't work around Emilie.

I'm sorry you're feeling upset, Belle......but honestly, there really is no reason to worry. Remember that Em's double filmed in 5x19 or 5x20, so Belle was clearly active somewhere......
Old 03-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

I'm honestly not upset. I just don't care for the whole idea of this arc. It just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

I love Rumple in the sneak peaks we've gotten. He is the boss, LOL.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I'm honestly not upset. I just don't care for the whole idea of this arc. It just doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

Oh my god, I JUST saw the SP, lol

It looks SOOO creepy and the music has an eerie feel to it…

Quote:
You’re questions are pointless
GOD I loved this, lol…….. It so reminds me of the below. Rumple is having NO ONE’s ****; he’s pissed off at being away from Belle, pissed off at being blackmailed…..He’s pretty much telling Emma to quit being stupid, lol……

LOL I love how Rumple made sure that Emma remembered that she is why Cruella is in the UW. He’s so pissed…….and god I love it
Old 03-04-2016, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

nevermind.

I agree I don't know what is it about OUAt that has made me obsessed

Last edited by fox24; 03-04-2016 at 05:52 PM
Old 03-04-2016, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

So they're all angry with Rumple for taking the darkness, but the Gary Stu and Emma once again get a free pass for what they did? And rewriting history once again to throw Rumple under the bus and prop up Hook.
Quote:
“It’s a scary place for Regina, because she’s killed so many,” Parrilla says. “We know that she’s going to be confronted with a lot of these souls, and a lot of people that she has harmed. She’s terrified. Also, having Henry [Jared Gilmore] there makes her even more vulnerable because that’s her son. If all these people are out to get her, then his life is in danger. That’s why all these souls are down there, because they have unfinished business. For a lot of them, we’re that business. And I would say, I’m probably most of that, as is Gold. We’re going to be confronted with a lot of angry souls.”

For the time being, Emma and the gang are solely focused on finding Hook (Colin O’Donoghue), who sacrificed himself in the fall finale to rid the world of the Darkness only to have Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle) once again become the Dark One. “There’s a deep resentment, obviously, because [Gold] took away what Hook’s sacrifice was meant to mean,” Morrison says. “It’s doubled her fury toward him, in a sense that he’s now betrayed them all, betrayed Killian. It’s the ultimate betrayal of this family, basically. There is a deep, deep fury there.” Still, “She needs to get to Hook,” Morrison adds. “She understands the power of the Dark One. She’s going to use him to get what she wants, because she knows how to use that power now.”

And while Emma is less than pleased that Gold is now the Dark One, the cast is beyond excited for Carlyle to step back into that role. “It’s always good to go home,” Goodwin says playfully. Adds her real-life husband Dallas: “Maybe it’s in its rightful place. I think a world without Dark Ones would probably be good, but it wouldn’t be a balanced world. Who knows, maybe we actually need Dark Ones in order to see the light.”

“That’s what he was hired to do, and he’s just so good at it,” Parrilla concurs. “But we’re also really pissed at [Gold], because he set Hook up. It’s classic Gold, classic Rumple to pull an act like this. But we need him. We need him to navigate us through the Underworld. Him being the Dark One is almost kind of a good thing for us, because he is on our team. Even though he’s always pulling these tricks and schemes, he is on our team. Henry’s his grandson. There’s that connection. I don’t think he would do anything to hurt Henry at this point, but I think we’re all pissed at him.”

Even with heroes and villains aligned, however, that doesn’t mean everyone will make it out of the Underworld alive. “There are seven of us who go down there,” Carlyle says. “I don’t know if seven will be coming back.
Once Upon a Time's 100th episode: On the set of Hades' Underworld | EW.com
Old 03-04-2016, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

I’m sorry, but this is ridiculous because Rumple is a MAN - he’s not just some pawn. How about the other characters CARE about his feelings for a change? He was devastated at losing Belle and quite clearly terrified of the UW and all the characters can think about is how he betrayed Hook?

USE him? Good luck with that - though you already did use him (and Belle) to get to the UW

Lana’s quote……..sigh. Rumple didn’t pull an act, he was devastated at losing Belle and terrified of the Underworld. It’s amazing how there is little - oops, I mean NO - empathy for this man who has suffered so (but plenty for Hook)

I REALLY hope that Rumple ditches them all and does his own thing………..

**Note: The characters can think all they want about Rumple, but he's going to be a different DO, he's going to be changing, growing - he's going to be a hero again. It's aggravating that they have double standards for Hook and Rumple, but that doesn't change anything about Rumple's storyline

Quote:
Should we expect him to continue to be a problem for our heroes then?
Kitsis: I think the best part about Rumple is we don’t know what he’s going to be. He’s either going to help us or hurt us, and at this point, we don’t know.

This is from an interview from weeks ago…..and actually I think it’s quite positive taken in conjunction with all the other interviews - including the ones that came out today.

Clearly the other characters are pissed at him and no doubt have little faith in him to help or do the right thing - so from their perspective, I guess we’re supposed to doubt him. However, the "heroes" are not very smart (putting it mildly) don’t understand Rumple, don’t know him…….Like Adam and Eddy have said, he’s growing, evolving - and he will be a different DO now that he’s a hero. So while the "heroes" continue to be clueless ...... Rumple will continue the process of becoming the man he wants to be, the man he is inside…

Last edited by Betsybelle; 03-04-2016 at 07:32 PM
Old 03-04-2016, 08:11 PM
Elite Fan

So, I started a little fanfic for RumBelle about Rumple coming clean about the Dark one, while the merry little band of hypocrites are off making plan.

Spoiler:

Not sure I'll be watching OUAT, but I thought I'd share this fic with y'all.... not sure how to finish it, if I ever do.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

Nice fic! I would've loved to see that on the show..

I agree Betsy, and Ranma too.. That article almost makes me root for Rumple to return to SB immediately and leave the "heroes" in the UW, even if Belle wouldn't approve it. What "ultimate betrayal"? It was SELF-DEFENSE, and Rumple didn't even know that Hook would change his mind so how did he betrayed him? Color me confused. And they're using not only Belle, but Rumple too? Ok, I want Rumbelle to leave SB ASAP. Enough is enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove
That he is! I do love it when he's being snarky, especially when the snark is deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle
Not me. I'm psyched about the Rumbelle (short!!) scene......... Personally I'm intrigued by this UW storyline and I can't wait for Rumple to get closure and for Rumbelle to be together.
Me too! The fact that Rumbelle is the only main couple that shares a kiss in the 100th episode actually makes me pretty giddy, even though it's just a brief kiss.

And based on these recent spoiler articles, I really do think Rumple will help Milah to move on from the UW in 5x14 (that also seems to be the only episode she's in). I'm actually looking forward to that. And episode 17 too of course, because Belle and Rumbelle.

icon by me
Old 03-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree Betsy, and Ranma too.. That article almost makes me root for Rumple to return to SB immediately and leave the "heroes" in the UW, even if Belle wouldn't approve it. What "ultimate betrayal"? It was SELF-DEFENSE, and Rumple didn't even know that Hook would change his mind so how did he betrayed him? Color me confused. And they're using not only Belle, but Rumple too? Ok, I want Rumbelle to leave SB ASAP. Enough is enough.
I still have hope for 5B - certainly for Rumple and Rumbelle….I choose to believe that the "heroes" will be proven wrong - in fact, I know this to be true based on spoilers. I still recall the IGN article where the cast talked about Rumple as family, how they had to learn to accept, forgive, etc….I think it’s ridiculous that they have to forgive Rumple, but Hook is given an EZ pass to redemption, but the point is I believe that Rumple will be a hero and that the "heroes" might at last see that they were wrong. I believe that this will be a great arc for Rumple…

But UGH - to HEAR this crap is SOOOO frustrating!!!

Quote:
Me too! The fact that Rumbelle is the only main couple that shares a kiss in the 100th episode actually makes me pretty giddy, even though it's just a brief kiss.

And based on these recent spoiler articles, I really do think Rumple will help Milah to move on from the UW in 5x14 (that also seems to be the only episode she's in). I'm actually looking forward to that. And episode 17 too of course, because Belle and Rumbelle.
Rumple kissing Belle's hand in "Best Laid Plans" was more passionate than 99.9% of other couples' ordinary kisses, so as brief as it is, it will be lovely, I'm sure.

The only reason I'm looking forward to the Milah/Rumple scenes is because I think Rumple needs to make peace with her so that he can move past this, so it doesn't haunt him forever. I despise her more than anyone, but I suspect that she'll probably apologize to him - and I agree that Rumple will help her. I figure that since they had a scene with very young Bae, Rumple will help them move on together.

5x17 is going to be EPIC!! What I really need to know is that we have plenty of Rumbelle scenes to look forward to!
Old 03-05-2016, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

fic Tari...

Jeez it makes me when I read quotes about what they say about Hook, but completely forgot Rumple saved them all in S3....

I just want to get going on the 2nd half of the season
Old 03-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Master Fan

Betsy, I love the hand kiss!

And I am just weary of the others doing no wrong but whatever Rumple does, he's evil. It's making me resent some of the others and I honestly don 't want to feel that way. I can see other points of view, and I can take criticism of Rumple, but I'd like the show and some of the fans, to be a little more even handed and fair.

But anyway, Rumple is a deeply flawed but deeply fascinating character. Not just on this show, but IMO, in all of television.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Betsy, I love the hand kiss!

And I am just weary of the others doing no wrong but whatever Rumple does, he's evil. It's making me resent some of the others and I honestly don 't want to feel that way. I can see other points of view, and I can take criticism of Rumple, but I'd like the show and some of the fans, to be a little more even handed and fair.

But anyway, Rumple is a deeply flawed but deeply fascinating character. Not just on this show, but IMO, in all of television.
Me too!

I forgot the other reason I am watching the premier.

I take breaks to get away from it for awhile. Fans do have a legitimate reason to complain though. I am intrigued about the Rumbelle storyline, psyched to see Neal (yet another reason to watch the premier), and living for Rumple's sass! Whatever he says to those hypocrites is deserved! If it were me, well if I am dragged somewhere I don't like, I try to make the best of it and have fun because if you are set on being negative than the experience will be a bad one but going to the UW, I would complain, heck I would wear a t shirt saying, Emma dragged me here, anyone want to help me go back home? LOL!

I get down about how everyone else gets a free pass but Rumple which is why if asked, I don't give a fig about the rest of them.

Fan nastiness is why I created the post about shipping Belle with happiness. I wanted to put something more positive out there. I have my ranting moments but more often now I want to focus on more positive stuff which is why I am focused on Rumbelle.

The writers did say that the characters will get closure and help them move on. Maybe Emma and the rest of them helping the dead move on will help Emma realize who she has been all along, the savior. She has to fight for all HE not just her family's and her own. Like it or not that is what she was foreseen to do. I also hope and spoilers encourage this, that they learn something and become better people. I heard one spoiler that says they have to make Hook into a hero in order to free him. I saw a screen cap of that so I don't know the source. It was on one of Once's facebook pages.

I would love it if they realize that Rumple is not the bad guy and he has his own demons literally to conquer and they have to stop using him and Belle as well. I would love to see Rumbelle tell them all off! If they think they can use him, well they better have another think coming!

Lastly, Rumple seems like he is going to be the voice of the audience, those of us who are not blinded and I look forward to seeing if the writers are listening!