Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
I adored Merlin.

I would love to have a scene where all the other characters just literally talk about Belle and think back to all the times she's helped them. For no reason at all. Just because that's who she is.
That is one of the points I was trying to make on the Immortal beloveds thread! I want to see Belle stand up for herself. I loved her snark in 5 when Merlin complimented her and her snark towards Merida! That to me is Belle being strong, not dating Will the jerk! Sorry, I was a fan of his and of his true love Ana till they turned him into a jerk in 4b now I am just angry at the character and the fact that we will probably never hear what happened between him and Ana, another otp of mine but back to Rumbelle!

Seeing her walk out and motion to a calm Rumple made me think, yes Belle is learning how to communicate better with him and not just storming away but I think something else happened that we didn't see and they are talking it out till Gaston shows up and attacks them!

On a lighter note, I was reminded yesterday that there are people that think Her Handsome hero refers to Captain swan and/or Gaston! I am sorry but I crack up when I read that. I am older than most of these posters and I knew what that title refers to! Poor Adam and Eddie got such grief over this while the Rumbellers were just thanking him right and left and just sitting back and watching the show!

Anyway, I was just thinking that Gaston couldn't be the handsome hero because how long did it take for him to go after Belle? When he arrives to take her back, he knocks on Rumple's door!!! He than gives a speech instead of going for a surprise attack and than gets turned into a rose. If this is a hero, I want my money back! LOL! I was thinking that if I were Rumple, I wouldn't have bothered turning him into a rose, I would have just slammed the door in his face and said, Belle, its for you! LOl!

Last edited by Grace52373; 02-08-2016 at 09:55 AM
Old 02-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

I think Belle sticks up for herself. It's just that she isn't one to take credit for things and that's not why she does it. She does it because she's such a genuinely good, kind soul.

But it's almost bizarre how people don't thank her or acknowledge her.

That's also why that scene was so great of her walking out on everyone and showing some anger. Not that I don't like the others. But I just feel like after everything she has done for all of them that deserved some help. I do understand that their main objective was helping Emma so I get why they were preoccupied with that. But it would still be nice to see some acknowledgement toward Belle and some friendship for her. I understand them not wanting to help Rumple after all that has happened, but I would also like to see some understanding of why he has done the things he's done.

It's kind of like some of them can do anything and no one will bring it up again, on the show, but everything Rumple does is held over his head forever.

Sometimes I think Belle and Rumple are on their own little island, LOL, which is okay.

Grace, I don't think any of us liked Will/Belle. At least that's over and done with. I hope they do give his character closure some day and a happy ending. That was a real disservice to the Once in Wonderland fans.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I adored Merlin.

I would love to have a scene where all the other characters just literally talk about Belle and think back to all the times she's helped them. For no reason at all. Just because that's who she is.
So did I..and that would be a lovely scene, but they usually don't think of her as a human being with real feelings. Charming does on occasion, but mostly Belle is supposed to be there to support them
Quote:
That's also why that scene was so great of her walking out on everyone and showing some anger. Not that I don't like the others. But I just feel like after everything she has done for all of them that deserved some help. I do understand that their main objective was helping Emma so I get why they were preoccupied with that. But it would still be nice to see some acknowledgement toward Belle and some friendship for her. I understand them not wanting to help Rumple after all that has happened, but I would also like to see some understanding of why he has done the things he's done.
It's fine if their priority is Emma and I don't think Belle expected it not to be, but for them to just treat Rumple like he's nothing and then expect her to do the same was too much. I really hope that she shows no tolerance for this sort of garbage in S6......

Quote:
Sometimes I think Belle and Rumple are on their own little island, LOL, which is okay.
Indeed! Rumbelle belong to another place, they don't belong with these people or in SB.... I think mostly they are and would be very happy to be by themselves after they leave, with the exception of making a few friends.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

^ I agree. I completely understand that the others will never like Rumple or trust him. I'm not blaming them for that. But that's why him and Belle should leave SB and make a fresh start somewhere where people don't see Rumple as "the big bad Dark One", and they could even make some real friends.. Of course that would require that Rumple remembers how to behave, lol.

Quote:
I think Belle sticks up for herself. It's just that she isn't one to take credit for things and that's not why she does it. She does it because she's such a genuinely good, kind soul.

But it's almost bizarre how people don't thank her or acknowledge her.
On the contrary, they give the credit to someone else. Or worse, they use Belle as a pawn against Rumple when he's being a jerk. Yet she continues helping them.

That's what I'd call an "abusive relationship".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove
I agree. I was so proud of her when she stormed away!

Quote:
I love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle
I don't think this is likely because Rumple just looked SO unfazed, like it was no big deal. Even at the tail end of a huge argument, he would look desperate and pleading with her. Instead he's cool as a cucumber. If that were the end of a blow out, I think she would have stormed out the door instead of sort of sauntering out, half turned towards him, almost gesturing to him - probably out of frustration.
I thought Belle looked as frustrated as she was in "The Bear And The Bow", when Rumple tried to take her out of SB. Which I think is perfectly appropriate response to Rumple coming clean of his own volition, without being pressed to it. If Belle had learned about Rumple being the DO from someone/somewhere else, then I could see her being truly angry. And Rumple would have no reason to look desperate and pleading if he told her the truth of his own volition. He knows how she might react and has had time to prepare himself.

That being said, Rumple didn't strike me as a man who is hiding things from his wife in the scene where he opened the portal to the UW. He was scared/worried about going to the UW, but that's all. I think he would've been more anxious/grumpier if he was hiding things from Belle again.

And Adam did say that they would pick up on RB's storyline "in an unexpected way". Rumple telling Belle the truth before going to the UW would indeed be unexpected since most people seem to think that he is lying to her again.

Ok, let's assume that Rumple did tell her the truth. What if he asked her to keep the dagger safe while he's gone? Even if Rumple can't be controlled with the dagger it's still the only weapon that can kill him. Taking it to the UW might not be wise since there's probably a lot of people down there who would like to kill him. That of course means that the dagger Rumple used to cut his hand in 5x11 is fake, because he wants Emma to think she has the upper hand. Which would be so like him.

Talk about "unexpected"!

icon by me

Last edited by Seamstress90; 02-08-2016 at 01:45 PM
Old 02-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Now that would be a good book-end to S4, Rumple giving her the real dagger , ok I want that

me too.....I doubt it would happen though

Loved that scene with Merlin & Belle, he has literally been in the show for about 10 mins and he knew

Quote:
Hmm. Good point. And yes, they seem to indicate he'll handle this differently.

I bet Belle will be back in SB feverishly looking for ways to figure a way out of this, and she will save the day! And not get any credit from anyone besides Rumple.

an I think that's why I'm positive it will be ok with that scene, as you said he has been handling things differently this season, for the better, so I hope this continues in what we think is a Rumbelle scene..

Old 02-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree. I completely understand that the others will never like Rumple or trust him. I'm not blaming them for that. But that's why him and Belle should leave SB and make a fresh start somewhere where people don't see Rumple as "the big bad Dark One", and they could even make some real friends.. Of course that would require that Rumple remembers how to behave, lol.
One look from Belle........or a promise of good times later......and Rumple will be a good little ex-Dark One, lol

Quote:
On the contrary, they give the credit to someone else. Or worse, they use Belle as a pawn against Rumple when he's being a jerk. Yet she continues helping them.

That's what I'd call an "abusive relationship".
Yep. If she can walk out on Rumple when he's being a jerk, then she can walk out on them.....

Quote:
I thought Belle looked as frustrated as she was in "The Bear And The Bow", when Rumple tried to take her out of SB. Which I think is perfectly appropriate response to Rumple coming clean of his own volition, without being pressed to it. If Belle had learned about Rumple being the DO from someone/somewhere else, then I could see her being truly angry. And Rumple would have no reason to look desperate and pleading if he told her the truth of his own volition. He knows how she might react and has had time to prepare himself.
Agreed about Belle's frustration level. I think she would have been angry, though, that he didn't tell her right away..even if he told her of his own volition in UW. She'd consider that lying -ALTHOUGH she could probably understand why he was scared to tell her. The problem is that she'd have to realize that Rumple not telling her meant that there was a chance she'd hear it from someone else while he was away - that wouldn't make her happy.

Quote:
That being said, Rumple didn't strike me as a man who is hiding things from his wife in the scene where he opened the portal to the UW. He was scared/worried about going to the UW, but that's all. I think he would've been more anxious/grumpier if he was hiding things from Belle again.
I also thought that he looked scared and determined in the boat - but not guilty. I would imagine that he'd want to go to the UW with Belle's complete support - and not with this hanging over his head. It's already a dreadful place to go; why would he want to go there not in the most positive frame of mind possible?

Quote:
And Adam did say that they would pick up on RB's storyline "in an unexpected way". Rumple telling Belle the truth before going to the UW would indeed be unexpected since most people seem to think that he is lying to her again.
That's true.....

This is the exact spoiler:

Quote:
“We have plans to keep Belle busy,” co-creator Adam Horowitz assures. “Although she didn’t get on the boat [to the Underworld] with our heroes, she’s important to the story and becomes very involved.” As for her rekindled romance with Rumple, “We left them in a place where that relationship was evolving” — though unbeknownst to Belle (played by a pregnant Emilie de Ravin), her husband has gone darker than ever. “We’re not abandoning any of those story threads,” says the EP, “and we’re hoping to pick up on them in an unexpected way.”
Ok so we have these threads:

1) Belle's role
2) Rumbelle romance
3) Rumple Dark One

Theyr'e going to tackle all of these and they'll pick up on them in an "unexpected way.

Maybe the unexpected way also is that Rumple tells Belle and she's not upset, that she understands. Their relationship is evolving. That means it's not the same old, same old, not static. How is it changing? Well Rumple telling Belle the truth would be different; their relationship would grow and become stronger if he had faith in her love and he admitted the truth instead of having all this fear and hiding things.

Maybe Belle decides that she wants to be by his side to love and support him, that she refuses to be without him anymore.
Quote:
Ok, let's assume that Rumple did tell her the truth. What if he asked her to keep the dagger safe while he's gone? Even if Rumple can't be controlled with the dagger it's still the only weapon that can kill him. Taking it to the UW might not be wise since there's probably a lot of people down there who would like to kill him. That of course means that the dagger Rumple used to cut his hand in 5x11 is fake, because he wants Emma to think she has the upper hand. Which would be so like him.

Talk about "unexpected"!
That would be, lol........but I think he might have the dagger in the UW (in one of the dock photos from 5x17, it appeared Rumple was carrying something; many people thought they saw the top of the dagger's hilt.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
One look from Belle........or a promise of good times later......and Rumple will be a good little ex-Dark One, lol

Yep. If she can walk out on Rumple when he's being a jerk, then she can walk out on them.....

Agreed about Belle's frustration level. I think she would have been angry, though, that he didn't tell her right away..even if he told her of his own volition in UW. She'd consider that lying -ALTHOUGH she could probably understand why he was scared to tell her. The problem is that she'd have to realize that Rumple not telling her meant that there was a chance she'd hear it from someone else while he was away - that wouldn't make her happy.

I also thought that he looked scared and determined in the boat - but not guilty. I would imagine that he'd want to go to the UW with Belle's complete support - and not with this hanging over his head. It's already a dreadful place to go; why would he want to go there not in the most positive frame of mind possible?

That's true.....

This is the exact spoiler:

Ok so we have these threads:

1) Belle's role
2) Rumbelle romance
3) Rumple Dark One

Theyr'e going to tackle all of these and they'll pick up on them in an "unexpected way.

Maybe the unexpected way also is that Rumple tells Belle and she's not upset, that she understands. Their relationship is evolving. That means it's not the same old, same old, not static. How is it changing? Well Rumple telling Belle the truth would be different; their relationship would grow and become stronger if he had faith in her love and he admitted the truth instead of having all this fear and hiding things.

Maybe Belle decides that she wants to be by his side to love and support him, that she refuses to be without him anymore.

That would be, lol........but I think he might have the dagger in the UW (in one of the dock photos from 5x17, it appeared Rumple was carrying something; many people thought they saw the top of the dagger's hilt.

But he didn't specifically need the dagger to cut himself, only the blood and Belle could be looking after it and Rumple is carrying a dummy one and she brings him the real one?

Anyway I have hope for good stuff this season and if they crush our hopes this time, I am done.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But he didn't specifically need the dagger to cut himself, only the blood and Belle could be looking after it and Rumple is carrying a dummy one and she brings him the real one?
I just don't think he'd ask her to watch the dagger for him - not because he doesn't trust her to hold onto it, but because I don't think she wants it.

Quote:
Anyway I have hope for good stuff this season and if they crush our hopes this time, I am done.
I'm sure most would be done......but I think it's important to let it play out before judging. Fortunately Belle gets activated in 5x16, amazing stuff happens in 5x17 and who knows about the rest?

I'm still waiting for baby news, lol - but probably that's not something we'll find out before it airs because I'm guessing that they're not writing in Em's pregnancy so much as writing a Rumbelle pregnancy..
Old 02-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Passionate Fan

On how the heroes treat Belle:

Years ago, there was a kid's show called Wonderbug, IIRC (they used to do reruns of it, if any of you saw it). Basic premise: three teens (two guys, one girl) have a wreck of a car that turns into a superhero car when its magic horn is blown.

The running joke was that the girl would come up with a plan to defeat the villain of the week, the supposedly brainy guy would dismiss this and come up with his own plan--which was the same plan the girl had just come up with, and the other guy would tell the brainy guy how brilliant he was while the girl looked disgusted.

This is the world Belle lives in, only she doesn't get the flying car.

OK, she gets Gold, which is a lot better than a flying car. But still.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

A friend on Tumblr has this theory (which I'll post in full):

Quote:
I’m pretty sure.. I’m almost certain that it is going to be from the convo of belle finding out rumple is the DO. And based on the line to me it reads like she’s not mad (which reassures me that he must tell her in 512 before they leave for the UW, which means he’s not lying which would explain her not being angry) but that she’s confused as to why it had to be him that took on the power when he had finally rid himself of it because probably in her mind Belle thinks that it will try and kill him again much like it tried to do in the season 4 finale.

To me it’s like her being like okay you are the dark one again but why, why you why couldn’t it be someone else or why couldn’t it have happened a different way. And idk if the fact that the you is underlined in the tease means to add emphasis but to me it’s a possibility and I could just imagine em’s inflection of that line.

And to me it doesn’t sound angry or mad it sounds just like a confused line if that makes sense.
I think this is an interesting take. In her favor, I definitely think the underlined YOU is meant for emphasis…and when I look at it again and read it again, yes I admit that it DOES read like that as opposed to Belle asking about why he’d be going to the UW. LOL I’m also imagining Em saying this line…..I keep repeating it over and over in my mind. When I do, also, it’s not angry - rather, she sounds confused. Belle sounds frustrated…..but I also think that since this is a goodbye scene that she WOULD be frustrated and sad.

**** It could very well still be about the UW, but if it is, it would require that Rumple first say “I’m going to the UW….” without any explanation. If he had explained why (and he’d have several good reasons, such as he wants to help - and yes, I know he hates Hook, but Belle helps people who have harmed her - or he knows the UW because he’s been there), then she wouldn’t have to ask why HIM. Whichever way it happens, I’m choosing to believe that Rumple tells Belle; he also didn’t look burdened by guilt in that shot of him in the boat (worried, determined, but not guilt-ridden).

http://judymulder.tumblr.com/post/13...26/like-a-boss

The best part of the promo, Rumple taking the lead and walking far ahead of the others…..

Good lord, the way he’s SWAYING……..even his WALK has rhythm. I am thinking many naughty thoughts, lol

**I might add that he doesn’t look burdened by guilt about lying……

Last edited by Betsybelle; 02-08-2016 at 11:40 PM
Old 02-09-2016, 04:44 AM
Master Fan

He's doing his sexy "I'm the boss" walk.

Although I have to say, this is all part of his persona and mask he wears as the Dark One. He's not that person with Belle. It's amazing how RC plays this so perfectly that Mr. Gold is the too cool for school guy with everyone else but around Belle he's the puppy.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh my Rumple and the walk

, he is literally one person for the SB and the real person in front of Belle

Yep definitely now thinking he confessed all to Belle before he went to the UW, A&E you better give that to us..

Betsy - good theory that , that's what I sort of got from the line Adam posted, more confused than anything..

Old 02-09-2016, 07:05 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
Oh my Rumple and the walk

, he is literally one person for the SB and the real person in front of Belle

Yep definitely now thinking he confessed all to Belle before he went to the UW, A&E you better give that to us..

Betsy - good theory that , that's what I sort of got from the line Adam posted, more confused than anything..
Those theories are definitely good. I thought it might have been why is it you that has to take them to the UW but it is emphasized so you guys may be right and I am going to have to refrain from saying when it happens, Haters we told you so! How is that for us being delusional! In your face trolls!
It is going to air during Lent and that season is not really a good time to be obnoxious nor any other time but especially during that season for me anyway!

Betsy, your right that we shouldn't care about the trolls and for the most part I don't. I just would like some peace on the various forums so we don't have to have things constantly rubbed in our face. It would just be nice if we were right and they went silent and we could just ship in peace.

Rumple walks like a boss because lets face it, with the exception of Belle, Henry and a few other characters that we see once in awhile like Mulan and Ruby, most of the heroes have a narrow minded view of the world and are pretty clueless when it comes to so-called villains. I tend to think of the heroes as children, everythings black and white and if something isn't the norm, its bad and Rumbelle, Henry, Merlin, etc as the adults who know better. Which is why they walk like we are the boss here! I am now humming Staying Alive because Rumple's boss walk reminds me of that song! LOL!
Old 02-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I am now humming Staying Alive because Rumple's boss walk reminds me of that song! LOL!
Thank you for putting that picture in my head!
Old 02-09-2016, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Although I have to say, this is all part of his persona and mask he wears as the Dark One. He's not that person with Belle. It's amazing how RC plays this so perfectly that Mr. Gold is the too cool for school guy with everyone else but around Belle he's the puppy.
Yes, this! In fact, this is more confirmation for me that Rumple told Belle the truth. The fact that he’s able to look so SURE of himself, to take the lead and direct everyone, tells me that he’s got nothing burdening him, that he HAS told Belle the truth. If he hadn’t, he’d be more obviously fretting.

Quote:

I can SO picture them holding each other or touching each other as they talk, as Rumple reassures Belle that he'll be back and as she worries, yet again for him - not just for his safety in the UW, but his overall condition as the DO again. Perhaps she worries about his heart beginning to darken again also......

I just sense even in that brief tease that Belle doesn’t want to be parted from Rumple, EVER, that she wants to cling to him forever…… She remembers his leaving for NL and despite her telling him that she’d see him again, it was clear that she was desperately fearful that that wasn’t the case. It’s my headcanon that she refuses to stay behind and persists in going to the UW so she can find and be with her baby…