Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

I don't even think they'll wrap up his story, he'll just disappear S5.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 06-17-2015, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah I'm thinking the same too

Old 06-17-2015, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Finally some spoilers: We're going to see Rumple's mom in 5a!!

‘Once Upon a Time’ Season 5 Casting Rumplestiltskin’s Mother | TVLine

Quote:
But this much TVLine can now reveal: Once is seeking an actress in her mid-20s to early 30s to play the “stunningly beautiful” Evanna, who is described as “plucky, strong and imbued with an unshakeable sense of self-confidence.” Evanna sometimes acts before she thinks, though unlike her son she never acts out of pure self-interest. Rather, her noble spirit stands in stark contrast to the now-dark soul of her offspring.

Candidates must also be able to pull off a Scottish accent.
I love her already! Doesn't that description sound quite a bit like Belle (Except the "unshakeable sense of self-confidence" part)? I love it!

The question is: How on earth did she end up sharing her bed with someone like Malcolm?

And another question: Is it September yet?

And one last thing, to TVline: The Darkness was removed from Rumple's heart in the season finale, so maybe his soul isn't so dark anymore..
Old 06-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
Finally some spoilers: We're going to see Rumple's mom in 5a!!

‘Once Upon a Time’ Season 5 Casting Rumplestiltskin’s Mother | TVLine

I love her already! Doesn't that description sound quite a bit like Belle (Except the "unshakeable sense of self-confidence" part)? I love it!

The question is: How on earth did she end up sharing her bed with someone like Malcolm?

And another question: Is it September yet?

And one last thing, to TVline: The Darkness was removed from Rumple's heart in the season finale, so maybe his soul isn't so dark anymore..
TV line: Watch the show before you make comments that make you look stupid! Rumple has only acted in self-interest when he became the DO not before!

I would love to meet Rumple's mother and see her story which is hopefully more satisfying than Belle's mother's story! They really need to bring Colette back!

I am thinking the act before you think which Rumple has inherited somewhat, is the reason she ended up with Malcolm!
Old 06-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Finally got a S5 spoiler I'm happy about

Looking forward to this

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 06-18-2015 at 03:35 AM
Old 06-17-2015, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And one last thing, to TVline: The Darkness was removed from Rumple's heart in the season finale, so maybe his soul isn't so dark anymore
Did that bug you too? Do people even watch the show when they write these articles?

It's the same with the constant "Rumbelle is abusive" stuff. He lied to her. He was wrong. She used the dagger on him. She was wrong. They both regretted their actions deeply. They didn't hit each other or abuse each other or try to harm the other. I think they clearly don't know what abuse is. It doesn't make what he did in 4a right. He was abusive toward other characters. But Rumbelle themselves are not in an abusive relationship. Not a healthy relationship at times but it isn't, imo, abusive.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Did that bug you too? Do people even watch the show when they write these articles?

It's the same with the constant "Rumbelle is abusive" stuff. He lied to her. He was wrong. She used the dagger on him. She was wrong. They both regretted their actions deeply. They didn't hit each other or abuse each other or try to harm the other. I think they clearly don't know what abuse is. It doesn't make what he did in 4a right. He was abusive toward other characters. But Rumbelle themselves are not in an abusive relationship. Not a healthy relationship at times but it isn't, imo, abusive.
I agree. Rumbelle's relationship in S4 was pretty unhealthy, but not abusive. They genuinely want the best for each other, even after all the hurt (Belle hoping that Rumple was happy wherever he was after she banished him / Rumple returning Belle's heart to her immediately after he learned that Regina had stolen it, and acknowledging that they can't be together if he continues hurting her). They didn't mean to hurt each other and they both want a good, healthy relationship. The problem is that they both are very insecure, and unfortunately when you're insecure the risk of screwing things up higher. And when you add in the DO curse, the relationship is undoubtedly quite a mess..

It's also annoying how these articles talk about Rumple as if he's inherently evil, even though the writers and even Robert himself have said (many times) that he's not.

In fact, I think we're going to see another "Rumple isn't like his father" (Or maybe it's rather "Like mother, like son" ) storyline in S5. I think Malcolm didn't truly love Rumple's mother and he only used her, thus broke her heart (I guess she died in childbirth because she doesn't sound like someone who would abandon her child. That would also explain why Rumple doesn't seem to remember her). That would parallel Rumbelle's situation in the present day, except that Rumple really didn't mean to hurt Belle and he will, once again, prove that he's a better man than his father. I just hope that this time he doesn't need to die for Belle in order to prove that he does truly love her..

Last edited by Seamstress90; 06-17-2015 at 03:16 PM
Old 06-18-2015, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

I do want to smack these "writers" on the head, I mean seriously

Be lovely to see a "Like Mother Like Son" moments in the episode

Old 06-19-2015, 10:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)
I do want to smack these "writers" on the head, I mean seriously

Be lovely to see a "Like Mother Like Son" moments in the episode
He seems more like his mother than his dad! For instance:

Rumple treats women with respect, Pan treats no one with respect.

Rumple thinks of Belle and his son before himself, Pan thinks only of himself.

Rumple crippled himself in order to be there for Bae and Milah, Pan couldn't be bothered!

Rumple raised Bae and was there for him until the trauma of the portal made him freeze up. Pan abandoned Rumple without a second thought.

Rumple did everything he could to find Bae to apologize to him. Pan didn't care!

Rumple loves Belle and Bae with everything in him. Pan loves only himself!

I don't know what pissed me off more in that article, the article, or the comments afterwards!
Old 06-19-2015, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Grace, I'd go for both..

Old 06-19-2015, 04:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_diamond (View Post)

Grace, I'd go for both..
Especially since the haters are going around saying he is still dark always has been and always will be! I give up! I am just going to hope and pray we get some good stuff and some things cleared up this season! Lots of Rumbelle too and Belle confronting those who hurt her. Also I want Rumple to also have a voice and stand up for himself!
Old 06-20-2015, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

The haters sure do have memory losses...

Old 06-20-2015, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah..

If those people don't like Rumple, then why they go and read these articles about him and even bother to leave such comments? I mean, there are characters I dislike in this show, but I'm not interested in going to articles related to them just to bash them and their fans. That's just rude. And I already waste enough time fangirling about Rumbelle.

And I agree that pre-DO Rumple was very different than his father. Smarter, more loving and less selfish, even noble. I do think he's more like his mother. And I bet he has her eyes. He certainly didn't inherit them from his father. And as the saying goes, "The eyes are the mirror of the soul.." I also love the notion that Evanna is "stunningly beautiful". So the writers agree with us that Rumple/Bobby is very handsome?

I'm really looking forward to seeing Evanna. She sounds like a wonderful woman, and I think she did love Rumple. If he doesn't know that, I hope he'll find out!

Last edited by Seamstress90; 06-20-2015 at 06:09 AM
Old 06-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

^ ITA

Old 06-21-2015, 05:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I am looking forward to meeting her and seeing her story as well!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread