Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

I was so busy weeping over that Mash scene that I never even looked at his chest hair.

Nic | avi by crisbr
wistfuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's all I do in bad scenes look for body parts. Like I sometimes look for bulges
Old 08-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Why am I not surprised?

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-13-2014, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

but they definitely shaved him, and in the I love him more scene too!
Old 08-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Tania I posted gifs on the last page as proof, that's what me an Nic are discussing. He wasn't shaved in those scenes and hair is very much noticeable He has a snail trail, but I couldn't find a gif with it in shot. ¬¬ GAH I do like them if they're well kept
Old 08-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't like them -_- but I make exceptions
Old 08-13-2014, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do for Torr
Old 08-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Okay this conversation has taken a bizarre turn.

Ugh okay I posted a sucky analysis of ep 14. It was supposed to be about the latter half of s1 but I was too lazy to continue...well that and I was getting annoyed whilst reading transcripts. If anyone wants to read it, you can find it here. I didn't proof-read so if it makes no sense, I apologize.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-16-2014, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The episode that broke the fandom and the rating

Reading it now will tell you what I think.

ETA a beautiful text once again, I agree with most of it and I wished the writers didn't leave most open to interpretation but actually showed most of these things.

Last edited by b4dark; 08-16-2014 at 05:06 PM
b4dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Elite Fan

^ Well, it's true. And apparently LM thinks that the consummation was sexy. That's not how most fans reacted to it, considering that Bash was forced to watch it. I really can't believe the things this woman says sometimes.

Anyway, I was going off memory and transcripts. On paper, things appear a lot differently than they were on screen. What would you have added to it Tania?

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-17-2014, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG Laurie foot in mouth much? I really don't listen to her since she's there to promote the show and cater to the fanbase of the day, she can say one thing today and the complete contrary the next day and keep smiling. She's there to sell her product after all.

Ack I don't know what can be added to your essay, my problem and why I'm not sure I want to continue watching this show (damn you Torrance and Ade for putting your spell on me ) is the bipolar aspect of the writing. they show us something but tell something else.

I wish that some obvious things were voiced like Mary missing Bash/or even wondering where he is, which would be normal and wouldn't take anything from FM; since they have been engaged forever since I don't understand the timeline of this show!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Someone told me about that, I don't seek out any of her interviews. I go by the narrative of the show, not what a writer thinks we should be seeing on screen.

I'm not watching s2. I might if I hear lots of good things about it from fans I trust. Otherwise, I don't plan on watching. Love the actors but it isn't enough to keep me tuning in every week and torturing myself.

Agreed on that. She did that in 1x07, so I don't understand why she wouldn't even think of him at all now. Especially after she fell in love with him, something she admitted in canon three times.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-17-2014, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfuldreamer (View Post)
Agreed on that. She did that in 1x07, so I don't understand why she wouldn't even think of him at all now. Especially after she fell in love with him, something she admitted in canon three times.
EXACTLY I understand the writers not wanting to drag on the triangle but it's not reviving it it's just being logical: you just don't fall out of love overnight; coming back to the castle in which she had been more or less intimate with Bash would bring back memories!

Them not trying to be realistic is very annoying to me. They had Mary show jealousy in ep 16 which didn't mean she wanted Bash back, I thought that scene was one of the best written of the second half of the season, in fact ep 16 was good characterization wise... then it all went to hell
Old 08-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Elite Fan

They built up all that emotion for...what exactly? The episode ends with Bash saying he lied to Mary about being over her then...nothing? That's just not logical to me. And Mash can share scenes and care about each other without reviving the triangle. Having them ignore each other completely makes no sense given how their relationship was written for so long.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 08-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Ugh this, it was so promising then