Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2014, 02:42 PM
Extreme Fan

1x21 description:
Spoiler:
Old 04-17-2014, 02:44 PM
Elite Fan

Liza, I want to say something sarcastic right now but I'll just pm it to you instead.

Don't forget guys, Mash appreciation week starts tomorrow.

Spoiler:

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 04-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Extreme Fan

I have those moments!

Spoiler:
Old 04-17-2014, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

It's in my nature to be snarky so I have to really curb it sometimes.

Spoiler:

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 04-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Extreme Fan

CW promo for 1x19... X

Promo stills for 1x21... X
Old 04-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Mary looks very distressed in those stills.

I actually really enjoyed this most recent episode. I think reign is getting "good" again. I found Francis' character to be more interesting in this episode. Having a darker side really suits him. It is better than seeing him as Mary's puppy dog.

I also think it is interesting how Francis and Mary settle their differences compared to how Bash and Mary did in the episodes about the pegans and francis' brothers. Although Bash did try to go behind Mary's back, there was a lot less screaming involved. They seemed to work together as a team better than FM.

I think there is more down the road with MB, but right now I am enjoying bash and kenna (mostly because we get to see how sweet bash can be).

"I shouldn't be here, this is a den of iniquity! -Castiel
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

I think Mary understands Bash on a deeper level so even though she was angry with him for going behind her back in 12, she did understand that he'd do anything for his family. She never doubted his steadfast loyalty to the people he loves. In a flash of anger, she acted like she didn't but immediately regretted it. Which is why she apologized to him later and even grew to see his point of view. The lovely thing about that was that Bash also learned something from Mary. They were both right and both wrong there. Bash just knows how to handle Mary's hot temper a lot better. He's a good counter for her. I liked that Mash could compromise and learn from each other. They seemed to move as a unit, even when they disagreed with each other. And they were always pretty frank/honest in their conversations as well. Bash did not keep his lie from her long and he did it because he knew she wouldn't approve, but he told her anyway despite knowing how angry she'd be. This is why Mash work for me. I feel like they have a lot of healthy elements to their dynamic that could only grow/improve over time.

I hope we at least get to see a bit more of their trust/respect/friendship before the season is over with. That was always important to their dynamic. Now they're either trying to show that Bash was right in what he said or that Francis will be able to ultimately take on that role. Really not sure what they're trying to do with that right now.

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 04-18-2014, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by wistfuldreamer (View Post)
I hope we at least get to see a bit more of their trust/respect/friendship before the season is over with. That was always important to their dynamic. Now they're either trying to show that Bash was right in what he said or that Francis will be able to ultimately take on that role. Really not sure what they're trying to do with that right now.
I hope. I understand they need to take KB to a certain development first and they can't do it if Mary is around him, plus Mary/Francis have drama of their own but come on. At least they could have talked about how she sent his wife in the lion's den to get rid of her to take back that contract
Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Passionate Fan

Reign got bad ratings again:1.39(0.4),ouch.Can't say I'm surprised though the writers really shot themselves in the foot and it's too late to fix it now.And the ratings have been going down ever since Frary got married but they got even worst when they married Bash off.And being after TVD won't be of much help because that show has also been having low ratings this season .Reign will totally be moved on Mondays or Fridays which is even worse because it will get even lower rating than right now.

Veritas Temporis Filia
Old 04-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviq (View Post)
And the ratings have been going down ever since Frary got married but they got even worst when they married Bash off.
It's no surprise the ratings went down Kennash makes no sense. Bash would never hook up with someone like Kenna on his own. And I don't really like how he acts when he's around Kenna. I cannot stand that ship at all. I wish they had kept Bash with Rowan instead.

Hook ♥ Emma | Sebastian ♥ Mary | Stiles ♥ Lydia
Damon ♥ Elena | Oliver ♥ Felicity | Abbie ♥ Ichabod
marie | tumblr | livejournal
Old 04-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss Mash. I need an interaction next episode.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
I miss Mash. I need an interaction next episode.
Not sure if that will happen though. We might need to wait until 20.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys
It's been 83 years since I've been here. Just wanted to catch up if there are any Mash news, spoilers or any scenes past episode when Bash got married to Kenna?
Old 04-19-2014, 07:01 AM
Elite Fan

^ Not yet. Hopefully in the next episode or two. I miss them.

Okay so they're doing Mash week on tumblr and I finally posted my first contribution:

Mabastian Appreciation Week

Day 1: Why do you love them?
"You would do anything for them in spite of the risk to yourself. I think it’s noble.”

"Just trust me. You can do this.”
"I jumped off a cliff with you, and I survived. Now let me take the lead."

——

Why do I love Mary/Bash? Let me count the ways. But really, I had to think long and hard about what I love the most about this ship because there’s just so much to love about them. But what it all boils down to is this: mutual respect and trust. The trust is instinctive, it was there from the moment they met and it only grew over the course of the season. Mary always knew she could trust Bash, not only with her life but also with herself—her thoughts, her feelings. Whether it be good or bad, she trusts Bash enough to be herself. And even when things broke down between them, that remained in tact. Because he knows her and he doesn’t judge her for her choices, even the ones he disagrees with. And he supports her unconditionally. Because he has an incredible amount of respect and trust in her. He knows she’s her own woman, her own queen, and needs his support/trust/respect more than his ridicule.

But it isn’t all one-sided, Mary also sees and respects who Bash is. She knows he’s noble, kind, and brave. She has seen it through his actions, towards her and his family. And he trusts her with the secrets of his family, secrets that could get him killed. He also trusts her enough to be completely honest with her, something he has been unable to do with Francis or Henry (even before the king’s madness, he kept his pagan ties a secret). It’s this instinctive trust and respect that I hope continues throughout the show because it’s what makes this pairing so special, especially in this court of lies and deception.

[x]

I feel like I made a mess out of my post but oh well. Also, those images look a bit oversized and blurry on tumblr for me. Not sure if it's ust my computer or the website. So please let me know!

Nic | avi by crisbr
Old 04-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieSC (View Post)
Hey guys
It's been 83 years since I've been here. Just wanted to catch up if there are any Mash news, spoilers or any scenes past episode when Bash got married to Kenna?
Not really anything besides a scene we know will occur between the two of them in 20 and Adelaide mentioned in an interview that there will be a "reckoning" and something about Francis and Kenna being jealous.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread