Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2019, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah some shows destroy your favourite ships. Thanks god that didn`t happen with Rachel and Ross
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 09-07-2019, 11:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea, the ending was satisfying.
Old 09-08-2019, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really was
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 09-08-2019, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

It really, really was. The only part of their story that was weird to me when I recently rewatched was Ross freaking out about the letter. Ross was clearly still in love with Rachel at the end of s3 and did some pretty sweet things for her, without really being asked. So it just felt weird that he didn't want to take any responsibility for their breakup. Of course, it wasn't fair of her to put all of that on him either. It was just weird and was clearly the writers excuse to keep them apart at that time.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea, I agree with that. they both messed up and should have both been held responsible.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

So true rossfangirl86 Well said They both were responsible and guilty in that part each of them 50%.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

^ That's for sure. I don't think it's fair to blame the breakup entirely on one party. Ross may have gone overboard at times, but Rachel was investing more into her career than their relationship. And she knew Ross wasn't comfortable with her spending time with Mark yet she did it anyway. I think if the roles were reversed, Peyton would've been upset if he had been spending a lot of time with another woman. Sometimes it seems like fans think Ross should've been 100% supportive of all her decisions no matter what they were.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

I think you mean Rachel not Peyton.

I get that, it's true. I'm one of those that while I think they're both responsible for it, I do put the blame a little more on Ross. you gave me a bit of a new perspective though.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Elite Fan

^ Ooops, my bad. I didn't notice I said that.

Rachel did tell Ross she wanted to take a break which does sound like a breakup so I get why he thought that. And it didn't help that she invited Mark over to talk to him about Ross, especially knowing how Ross felt about him. Not that that excuses what Ross did but she was wrong there too. I think the fandom tends to put all the blame on Ross when they both made mistakes.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

true, I do think inviting Mark over was a bit weird, I'm not sure why she did that.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:58 PM
Elite Fan

Besides for drama purposes, I'm not really sure. Her talking to one of the girls would've made way more sense for her character.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

yea, especially Monica.
Old 09-21-2019, 05:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, she was her best friend and her roommate.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Old 09-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved that scene
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top