Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Robin/Marian (BBC's Robin Hood) #4: She'd give anything for a chance to be with him

Welcome to the appreciation thread for Robin&Marian!
Portrayed by Jonas Armstrong and Lucy Griffith in the new BBC tv series: Robin Hood

Robin Hood, BBC
Robin & Marian
Robin & Marian [ Fansite on Robin Hood ] // VERSION 8: POWER OF GOODBYE

Shippers:
Undeniable
elliz
provocative
chrissy1302
-Kat-
Angelcakes_UK
nuttabutta
PiCkLeS4dAwSoN
chittychitty
KerBear
penguinsrpals
pretty passion
Cathangel
jules166
welshgirlyUK
xelanoops
thegirlinquestion_x
Fleni
Evil Poptart
Tery
Smith..<3
Dreamer~Candy4eva
MaRT
Laurababora
*~Sophia~*
If you want to be added, pm the thread starter, thank you

http://www.fanforum.com/12871608-post20.html
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/robin-ma...ther-62802575/
http://www.fanforum.com/f88/robin-ma...umes-62815463/

Made by: Kat

site:
[Gallery] English Rose - Home

Last edited by Cathangel; 12-17-2007 at 08:46 AM
Old 11-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

The new thread is here, and with it I bring my comments on the episode that I just finished seeing.

I loved this episode! There was some Robin/Marian in there even though there was nothing blatant like a hug or a kiss. Robin always fears for Marian's safety. And with good reason, Marian is playing a very dangerous game and Robin was right, the spy could have very well told Guy about Marian being in cahoots with Robin. But of course, we the audience know better. We know that a) Marian has to be a kick ass spy on the inside for Robin and b) we all know that Allan, as sneaky as he can be, would never put Marian's life in danger like that.

I also liked how the Guy/Marian thing was handled in this episode (whereas I had a problem with it in episode 3 as they made things look ambiguous as to where Marian's intentions and feelings were concerned) because you clearly saw this time that Marian was charming Guy to get rid of the guard assigned to her and to get info for Robin. I truly felt the Robin/Marian team vibe this time, which is what I felt they had failed to do in episode 3. I keep wondering though where this is all gonna lead for Marian though. I feel like something bad and consequential is gonna come her way. Either a) something bad will happen to her father or b) she's gonna be found out by Guy as the Night Watchman.

I loved all the stuff involving Allan in this episode. I loved the confrontation he had with Robin when he was found out. Jonas and Joe's acting was top notch in this scene. I also loved the double meaning conversation he had with Djaq. As much as I love Will, I think I'm leaning more towards Allan/Djaq in this Will/Djaq/Allan triangle. I loved the Allan/Djaq interaction last season and I think this season and especially this last episode sold it to me.

And let's not forget the awesomeness that was Little John. I love that they're giving him more to do and to contribute to this season. I really wish that they had stuck to the legends on this matter and kept Little John as Robin's closest ally among the outlaws. It's not that I hate Much or anything, it's just that I think Robin would benefit more from Little John's life experience as far as Robin's character growth is concerned. Much is just plain silly at times and is too much still the man servant for Robin to eventually grow up.

Next week's episode looks like a good one too. Is it Saturday again already?
Old 11-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

New episode! New thread!!
Waheey.

Yeah, definite R/M vibes all the way through even though there wasn't any actual kissing etc.
But I also like the G/M interaction, even though it's far more clear now that Marian is flirting to get her own way. I'm also waiting for Marian to get her comeuppance in regards to this, because she's going to get caught out eventually..

Little John Awwwhh. He's sucha a sweetie is he not?!

I adored the Djaq/Allan double meaning conversation as well. It was great!
I squeed tbh.
But I still think I prefer Djaq/Will.

I haven't seen a trailer for next week.. Don't know why :S
LOL.

baby you're a wrecking ball, crashing into me...
Old 11-04-2007, 02:53 AM
Loyal Fan

I didn't see last nights episode so I'm going to watch it on repeat today. I'm trying not to read any of your comments shields eyes
Old 11-04-2007, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, Cath! Love the title.

Quote:
Much is just plain silly at times and is too much still the man servant for Robin to eventually grow up.
I agree, I think they're overplaying Much's silliness so he just annoys me most of the time now

I made a banner! It's not great but the pictures were too pretty to resist

Kat | icon |
Old 11-04-2007, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlinquestion_x (View Post)
I adored the Djaq/Allan double meaning conversation as well. It was great!
I squeed tbh.
But I still think I prefer Djaq/Will.
Yay, I'm not the only one!

I love Much, the way Robin treats him at times is despicable, it's lucky I see Robin as a flawed character, because that's not something I admire in a character.

Ooh, such a pretty banner!

Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Absolute Fan

I accidentally read some spoilers for the next three eps. I've been so good about not reading any RH spoilers, and then they just jump on me, tackle me to the ground, and force their way into my mind and memory. The unfairness of it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathangel (View Post)
As much as I love Will, I think I'm leaning more towards Allan/Djaq in this Will/Djaq/Allan triangle. I loved the Allan/Djaq interaction last season and I think this season and especially this last episode sold it to me.
I adore Will, but I feel like he's kind of too youngish for Djaq.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

If you don't mind, Kat, I added your banner to the opening post because I found it so pretty.

I also added the link to the last thread, which I forgot to do last night.

I'll be back with Robin/Marian screencaps in a little while.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Cath - of course I don't mind

Looking forward to the caps!

I watched this episode again, just had to mention how much I love some of the guest stars they get because they just seem to have so much fun on the show. Josie Lawrence in particular And it's always fun to see Mr Collins David Bamber.

Also, I realised the Trip inn they mentioned is probably the oldest pub in England (dating from the 12th century) in Nottingham which I've been to! For some reason I like that fact

Kat | icon |
Old 11-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kat- (View Post)
And it's always fun to see Mr Collins David Bamber.
Hee, I totally laughed when I recognized him. It took me a while though with his costume and apparel, but that voice sounded too familiar for me to not recognize it.

Here are some caps from this week's episode. Poor Robin doesn't want to lose his sweetheart yet again to his cause.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, they look so cute in their hoods! Thanks for the caps!

Kat | icon |
Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Absolute Fan

Some of my very Relevant and Important thoughts on this ep.

- Oh Guy, never stop the gay-vibes. They're like crack to me.

- The wise woman was awesome. Such inventive language! And her comments on Robin's beard!

- "Couldn't you find a civil-tongued wise woman?" "Apparently this is the one all the civil-tongued ones once go to." HEH!

- "I'll chop off my own arms! Well, one arm, because once I've chopped that off I won't be able to chop off the other!"

- Oh Allan, you are so hot.

- Oh Djaq, you so think Allan is hot.

- Marian's dress was very nice.

- I'm not quite sure, but I think Guy might be kind of evil.

- The part when Robin had Marian against the stall crackled with sexual chemistry. I like!
Old 11-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohannafromIHJ (View Post)
Oh Guy, never stop the gay-vibes. They're like crack to me.
OMG, I so felt those when he met Allan in the tavern. But then again, I think that almost everyone who interacts with Allan have the hots for him.

Quote:
The wise woman was awesome. Such inventive language! And her comments on Robin's beard!
Hee, she's my favorite character of the week so far. Her comment on Robin's beard was indeed gold.

Quote:
"I'll chop off my own arms! Well, one arm, because once I've chopped that off I won't be able to chop off the other!"
See, there is this kind of silliness about Much that I absolutely love , and then there's the other kind of silliness that I don't like as much.

Quote:
Oh Allan, you are so hot.
Agreed. The more this series goes on, the more he's becoming my favorite among the outlaws. I also find myself getting vibes of him and practically everyone else (Djaq, Will, Guy, Robin and even Marian) whenever he shares a scene with one of those characters, even though I'm a Robin/Marian shipper at heart.

Quote:
Oh Djaq, you so think Allan is hot.
Agreed. I also find myself leaning more towards Djaq/Allan in the Will/Djaq/Allan triangle.

Quote:
I'm not quite sure, but I think Guy might be kind of evil.
Quite true. In fact, I think that he has suspicions of Marian being in cahoots with Robin already. Just the way he busted her following him at the market was creepy and far too aware.

Quote:
The part when Robin had Marian against the stall crackled with sexual chemistry. I like!
I thought that he was gonna kiss her in that scene.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cute caps.

Sasha
Old 11-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Supreme Fan

So I just discovered this show and I am so happy that I did! I absolutely adore Robin/Marian...especially Robin . And my god are the men in Robin's gang gorgeous.

I just got the dvds and have been watching them non-stop.