Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Master Fan

The creator is chatting on twitter NOW. It seems like he is getting a good amount of tweets from disappointed fans.

Let him know how YOU feel:
https://twitter.com/danberendsen

He replied to me. He's chatting with fans now.

He said that both fanbases are popular, but Riley/Danny are just more vocal. I disagree about both being popular! Riley/Ben are NOT A POPULAR SHIP.

And if I were him, I'd notice the ratings were LOW in this season. And I'd worry about the show not getting another season after the next one if he keeps up with the Riley/Ben mess!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
jules166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

I think it showed Danny's selfless side and I always love how he defers to what she wants, even if that's not what he wants at the time. It hurts him, but they won't be ready to be together if she's still pining for his brother all the time anyway. I also don't think if she's going to try to date Ben that that ruins anything between them later. As soon as they're both ready for each other, they'll know. Besides, Ben will now be distracted by Emma's mom in the near future.

Last edited by Melanie Garcia; 09-04-2013 at 11:15 PM
Melanie Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:29 AM
Passionate Fan

I agree.. it still is heartbroken to know that danny has to be selfless all the time.. yeah danny/riley are more popular
Top Ships: Stelena, Juliette/Avery Brucas, Capatin Swan, Naley, Cory&Topanaga, Bamon, Danny/Riley, Lannie, Austin/Ally, Belle/Rumple, Snowing,Ted/Robin, Marshall/Lily, Outlawqueen, Charah, Quick, LOVE, JanexRafuel, Lena&Stef, Brallie and Ross/Rachel
SaraLove8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

I do agree that it's better that the Ben/Riley pairing happened first. Riley has always had feelings for him so in order for Danny and Riley to ever be together she needs to be able to be with Ben and see who he truly is and that he's not what she has always dreamed of. Just knowing Ben, reality will not live up to her expectations. There is no doubt in my mind that Ben will continue to be an idiot because he's still the same person and he will eventually hurt her in the process. She has his attention temporarily, it won't take long for Ben to be distracted by other things.

I imagine Danny will be just as protective of Riley when she is with Ben. Even if Danny is having to give up his own happiness he still cares deeply about her and will feel the need to protect her still.

Another positive that I draw from all this is that on any TV, any couple that I've ever shipped...the couple that the writers want together in the end never get together easily and usually don't get together until farther down the line. If Danny and Riley had gotten together first I would be thinking that maybe Ben and Riley are the endgame couple. However, it's reversed. The writers are giving Riley what she has always wanted and I think they intend to keep building on the Danny/Riley relationship until the very end of the series and then put them together. It will be interesting to see if the show gets picked up for a 4th season or if it will end at 3 seasons.

Also, people can talk all they want about the Ben/Riley kiss but that kiss isn't even going to compare to the Danny and Riley kiss when they finally get together. They've had 3 really great kisses already as 'friends'. The next time they kiss, it will be epic and amazing. I will patiently wait for that day to come...
AmericanDirrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

We know how protective Danny can be when Riley's with a boyfriend. They discussed it during the episode with Emma's Christianing and we even saw some of it when she was with Fitch. It will only be magnified now that she's with Ben, probably the one guy Danny knows better than anyone. He already knows Ben's not really taking things too seriously anyway.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

I think that the reason why Ben wants to go out w/ Riley bec he knew that she was in love w/ her, so I don't think that he ever actually have a feeling for her, but just need someone in his life for being settle down guy..

But I'm pretty sure that soon or later, Riley and Danny def will happen bec his feeling isn't go nowhere since Bonnie, Ty (I think his name) and now Amy know about his feelings for Riley..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
He said that both fanbases are popular, but Riley/Danny are just more vocal. I disagree about both being popular! Riley/Ben are NOT A POPULAR SHIP.
No idea where he is getting that from. NO ONE SHIPS BEN AND RILEY. I think he's in denial at how much more popular Danny/Riley got and quick too. People were not talking about Ben/Riley in the pilot at all.

Everyone knows about Danny's feelings for Riley including Riley herself but Ben. What a moron.
mjgchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Passionate Fan

Personally i hope they get together before though with out the assumption of all the show will last and than have it cancelled before they had a chance.
Top Ships: Stelena, Juliette/Avery Brucas, Capatin Swan, Naley, Cory&Topanaga, Bamon, Danny/Riley, Lannie, Austin/Ally, Belle/Rumple, Snowing,Ted/Robin, Marshall/Lily, Outlawqueen, Charah, Quick, LOVE, JanexRafuel, Lena&Stef, Brallie and Ross/Rachel
SaraLove8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There are some Ben and riley shippers. I have seen a few hear and there on the Bd board and some videos. But Danny and Riley are the majority. I am not trying to defend BR I ship DR but there are fans.
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

No, I'm sure there are FEW fans who like Riley/Ben. But there is NO WAY that both fanbases are equally popular. Danny/Riley are a HUGELY popular pairing. I mean, youtube has like 1000s of videos for them.

Walter and Paige

Old 09-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

hey all. thanks for linking the twitter. feeling better about baby daddy and danny/riley now.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
hey all. thanks for linking the twitter. feeling better about baby daddy and danny/riley now.
Yeah, the creator talked a LOT about Danny/Riley on his twitter. But I still don't like that he said that the two fanbases are equal in size. That simply isn't true.

Walter and Paige

Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
Yeah, the creator talked a LOT about Danny/Riley on his twitter. But I still don't like that he said that the two fanbases are equal in size. That simply isn't true.
lol he's clearly out of touch with the fanbase, but i was more worried about this being the end of the road for DR.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

Probably unpopular opinion on this thread and the fandom.

Riley's in a denial stage about Danny and Ben's not really after Riley he's after a way to prove to himself and everybody else that he's someone to pay attention to. Until all that is understood by the characters and Danny stops getting unnecessary tattoos nothing will get resolved. Nobody's ready yet to be with who they are supposed to be with and frankly that's fine. Everybody is still young and has time to make up their minds.

Patience is key!!!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
No idea where he is getting that from. NO ONE SHIPS BEN AND RILEY. I think he's in denial at how much more popular Danny/Riley got and quick too. People were not talking about Ben/Riley in the pilot at all.

Everyone knows about Danny's feelings for Riley including Riley herself but Ben. What a moron.
I agree w/ you about that I still surprised that Ben still clueless that Danny has a feeling for Riley, but yet, the video show it all, but it seems that he always looking out for himself more than his own family which that was a shame..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread