Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 03:56 AM
Master Fan

Rick and Evelyn O'Connell (The Mummy) - Because He Didn't Come Out Empty Handed!

This is a thread for Evelyn and Richard "Rick" O'Connell from the Mummy movie trilogy. Rick is played by Brendan Fraser, and Evelyn is played by Rachel Weisz in "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns", and Maria Bello in "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor".

If anyone out there wants to add some art to the opening post, please feel free and I will add it!

I admit I haven't seen 3 yet, and I am in no hurry. I'm not sure I'm going to. I love Brendan and Rachel and am not a fan of the idea of Rachel not being in "The Tomb of the Dragon Emperor".

Anyone else a fan of this awesome couple?

Shippers
1. LaraCroft01
2. Amy_UK
3. Virginie_GW
4. Elizabeth_88
5. SexyBrucas
6. eiluvial
7. Gean
8. Kgose

Last edited by LaraCroft01; 08-20-2008 at 09:03 PM
LaraCroft01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:09 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

I love this couple!! And I agree about being a bit anxious about the new actress. I really loved Rachel and Brendan's chemistry.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:33 AM
Absolute Fan

Hey, Amy ! We have another ship in common.

Rick and Evelyn have always been one of my favorite movie ships. I adore them !

I too agree about the 3rd movie. I'm sure Maria Bello is a good actress but, to me, Rachel Weisz will always be Evelyn so I'm not sure I wanna see the new movie yet.

The pics are .

"Ron had had a fit of gallantry and insisted Hermione sleep on the cushions from the sofa, so that her silhouette was raised above his. Her arm curved to the floor, her fingers inches from Ron’s. Harry wondered whether they had fallen asleep holding hands."
Ron♥Hermione

Last edited by Virginie_GW; 08-03-2008 at 04:46 AM
Virginie_GW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:43 AM
Supreme Fan

i love evelyn and rick think its a shame rachel weisz isnt in it

so im not entirely sure if im going to see it at the cinema but i might when it comes out on dvd-ive got the first 2 movies on dvd and love them in the film-if theres going to be a list id love to be added

love those pics
Old 08-03-2008, 04:58 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginie_GW (View Post)
Yay! Hey Virginie:

Quote:
so im not entirely sure if im going to see it at the cinema but i might when it comes out on dvd
Same here. Although I might be tempted knowing me.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Supreme Fan

dies anyone have a favourite scene- i thought there little boy was so cute in the 2nd film
Old 08-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

Yeah, their little boy is soooooooo sweet. I've got so many favourite moments, but I love when they met for the second time. He looked gorgeous!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:44 AM
Supreme Fan

brendan fraser was hottttttttttttt lol he is in those pics as wellhad perfect chemistry with rachel
Old 08-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

He really did, they had great comical timing together too.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Supreme Fan

yeh i thought he did as well especially with john hannah he's hilarious and with their son as well
Old 08-03-2008, 11:21 PM
Master Fan

Is anyone artistic? I would love to have a banner or something!

Can anyone think of reasons? I will post some later!

I started a shipper list! Everyone who has posted here so far is on it!

My favourite scene...so many to chose from! My absoulte though would probably be the end of the first Mummy movie when Jonathan says "it looks like we've come out empty handed again" and Rick turns to Evelyn and says "I wouldn't say that" and they kiss....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy_UK (View Post)
I love this couple!! And I agree about being a bit anxious about the new actress. I really loved Rachel and Brendan's chemistry.
Me to! Rachel and Brendan have really great chemistry - it's a shame she's not in it. I have nothing against Maria Bello. I would feel the same regardless of who was playing Evelyn in the third.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginie_GW (View Post)

Rick and Evelyn have always been one of my favorite movie ships. I adore them !

I too agree about the 3rd movie. I'm sure Maria Bello is a good actress but, to me, Rachel Weisz will always be Evelyn so I'm not sure I wanna see the new movie yet.

The pics are .
They are one of my all time favourite ships! I love them to!

Maria Bello is a good actress, I have seen her in a bunch of stuff, but I only want to see Rachel as Evelyn. I am in no hurry to see it, if I ever do.

Elizabeth_88 You have been added to the list! I have the first two on DVD to! They are fun movies!

Quote:
Yeah, their little boy is soooooooo sweet. I've got so many favourite moments, but I love when they met for the second time. He looked gorgeous!
What scene are you referring to?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Amy
Elite Fan

Quote:
What scene are you referring to?
Well the first time they met was when he was in that prison, and he looked really messy, but still gorgeous. But the second time they met was when they were about to get on that boat and he was all clean shaven and had a great suit on. I loved it.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Supreme Fan

yeh i liked that bit, i loved her reaction to him when he was in his suit-she changed her mind right away. I think i might watch the film this afternoon (on my gap year hehe)and ill bring over some caps
Old 08-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well the first time they met was when he was in that prison, and he looked really messy, but still gorgeous. But the second time they met was when they were about to get on that boat and he was all clean shaven and had a great suit on. I loved it.
I love that to! That was so cute! The gave her a kiss - there first - and she asks him later "why did you kiss me?" "I don't know I was about to be hanged, it seemed like a good idea at the time" or something like that You can tell Evelyn was taken with him the moment she saw him clean shaven at the boat, and who can blame her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth_88 (View Post)
yeh i liked that bit, i loved her reaction to him when he was in his suit-she changed her mind right away. I think i might watch the film this afternoon (on my gap year hehe)and ill bring over some caps
Did you get to rewatch the film? Can't wait to see those caps!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Love them! Haven't seen the third though... the ship won't be the same anyway...
Buttermilk_Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread