Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2004, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Old 01-12-2004, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the pic.Does anyone have the GWTW DVD.Maybe someone could make screencaps?
Old 01-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Master Fan

I have the DVD. Not entirely sure how to make screencaps. Well, I think I remember how to, thing is I don't remember how to convert from .bmp to .gif/.jpg... (since, if memory serves me correctly since I haven't tried in months) is the format that the software I use saves the caps in on my harddrive.

I am technically challenged. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm reading the book right now. I'm on pg. 428 although I'll end up reading a bunch more tonight. I fell in love with the movie and can really relate to Scarlet like I'm sure many girls can. Clark was perfect as Rhett. I'm not really sure about my feelings on the subject. I love Ashley, almost more than Rhett. But I think Rhett is perfect for Scarlet. I tend to associate Ashley and Rhett with people in my life and that is why it is harder for me to like him, but I'm warming up to him more and more. Pretty soon I'll be swooning like the rest of the world (although I still love Ashley).
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Great idea for a thread. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Gone With The Wind used to be my favorite movie of all time (not anymore, but it's still pretty high on the list) and of course I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Rhett & Scarlett. Scarlett wasted so much time pining after Ashley, when the perfect man for her was right under her nose.

To me, GWTW is much better than its sequel, although the romantic in me didn't like the end of R/S in GWTW.

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by *Maxi*:
<STRONG>I am technically challenged. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
You and me both.

Maliejandra:I'm not an Ashley fan.I might be if I didn't love Rhett's character so much.We do seem to be in agreement though.We all think Rhett is perfect for Scarlett. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

dixieland_dreamer:I agree GWTW is much better than it's sequel but the romantic in me wanted more than the ending of GWTW.So I'm glad they made a part 2.It's not as good but it makes me happy to see that R/S did end up together.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I was thinking about this movie last night and it struck me that Douglas Fairbanks, had he been alive, would have been pretty good at playing Rhett. But Clark Gable was amazing.
I would say that Rhett is perfect for Scarlett in the sense that they understand each other, but I also understand the love Scarlett has for Ashley. I think it is strange that love can come out of all the hatred Scarlett had for Rhett for years. But when they are together, they're wonderful together. Once she starts to disregard what other people say about her, she starts to warm up to him. That makes perfect sense to me.
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Old 01-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Rhett and Scarlett! Rhett truly loved her. I hated how Scarlett didn't really appreciate his love until finally it was too late. But they're a classic! I love these two! I hope someone does make screencaps!
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Little Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Maliejandra:I persoanlly didn' think that Scarlett was in love with Ashley but she did love him.I think she just wanted something she just wanted something she couldn't have and from that she began to really like Ashley.I think it was more of a crush.Though maybe my love for Rhett and Scarlett blinded me from A/S but I honestly didn't really see anything there except a crush.

Little Tiger:I hope to be getting the DVD soon but I wouldn't be able to make screencaps. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 01-24-2004: Message edited Rain Sierra ]
Old 01-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Passionate Fan

I think Scarlett loved Ashley and I think Ashley really appriciated Scarlett. Had they been together, it could have worked. However, I believe Scarlett and Rhett were better suited for each other. Because of this, I like all of the characters and place no blame on any of them for their feelings. I think they only make it more interesting.

One scene I absolutely love that took me a while to get into is the scene where Rhett brings Scarlett that new green hat. The kiss has so much passion but I didn't really understand it before. I also love the scene where he leaves her to go to Tara and he to the army. That is a very emotional scene both in the book and in the movie.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry if it sounded like I was blaming the characters for their feelings.I wasn't trying to.You can't help what you feel.

OMG I love those scenes.They are filled with so much passion and emotion.I just love them.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Passionate Fan

I've gotten to the part in the book where Rhett has asked Scarlett to marry him. By this time, I'm tired of hearing the same old reasons why Scarlett loves Ashley. It seems she loves him because she feels she has to and not out of real love anymore.

The book descriptions of the kisses are so much better than the ones in the movie. Scarlett almost faints everytime Rhett kisses her. The only sad thing is how much it pains Rhett that Scarlett is only "fond of him."

Also, another thing I never really thought about seriously before was that Belle Watling loved Rhett. In the book, in the scene where Belle comes to Melanie in the carraige and they talk, she talks badly of Scarlett. It is very obvious that she is jealous of her because she has Rhetts affection and Belle doesn't.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

Just rewatched my GWTW DVD tonight, and particularly the fabulous documentary/making of in the bonus section.

That remembered that I made some GWTW avatars months ago... I should make some more [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 07:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi Everyone,
I love Rhett and Scarlett! They have to be my all time favorite couple!

laura

Old 03-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Passionate Fan

I really like that second photo. Could anyone make an avatar of it?
BTW love the avatars! I snagged two of them.

After I finished the book, I felt very strongly in favor of Scarlett and Rhett. The book explains things better than the movie.
Reply   Post New Thread