Fan Forum Star

Added!

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
They are so precious, I'd love to be friends with them.

In regards to Finn/Rey, I saw a great text post on tumblr the other day about how different Kylo Ren and Finn are and why both Finn and Rey were allowed to fight with Luke's lightsaber. Kylo Ren was brought up quite privileged, surrounded by a loving and supporting family, but still chose darkness, even though he had many reasons not to. Both Finn and Rey were brought up without their families, surrounded by darkness (though manifested in different ways) but both chose the light.

Also, thoughts:

What if Finn is a force sensitive and eventually...

?

I'm all over tumblr posts these days, so many greats analysis and general posts about Finn/Rey.

Also this epic post about friendzone:

Rabbit in your headlights, glamaphonic: okay so since rey clearly ~*~...

Those are good point about their upbringing. It also shows that it's all about our choices. Rey and Finn had a hard life, but choice to be good/the light. Kylo who was raised with good parents choice to be bad/the dark. Don't get me started on how people think Ben is in the same position as Anakin. Their situation is completely different. Anakin had no real desire to join the darkside in fact he greatly disliked it. He only did it to save his love ones. Kylo on the other hand is very much someone who wants to embraces the darkside and choose it. Totally different scenarios. The moment on the bridge where he killed his father was perfectly clear in that regard. This is coming from someone who isn't a Anakin fan too.

I don't think Rey will go darkside. The closest she'll get to it is bumping up to it in my opinion. I still would love it if Finn was force sensitive. They're allowed to have more than one Jedi at a time.

Also to add to that "freindzone" bit. Leia kissed Han on the forehead too and we know where that lead too...
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Also to add to that "freindzone" bit. Leia kissed Han on the forehead too and we know where that lead too...

Rewatched the movie today, I ship them even more now. My favourite scene is still Finn telling Rey the truth, the way he looked at her.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that moment too, how they handled it. In other shows/films it wouldn't have been done that way. It would have had a different dramatic effect one we've seen so many times before, but Rey understood because in her own way she has been doing something similar. She also knows that Finn is a good guy and I think deep down she knew he was hiding something in the first place. The fact that they both came back because other was in danger was so ugh.

Have you seen all the arts made about their kids? So cute!
Old 01-31-2016, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was so happy that they didn't go the usual route and didn't turn his lie into a conflict. I was expecting her to find out by accident and not wanting to talk to him. I was so glad that it didn't happen though and that Finn was the one to tell her and that she didn't care because she already adored the Finn she got to know.

Quote:
and I think deep down she knew he was hiding something in the first place.
Like Han said, women are always going to figure it out.

I also loved how Chewie told Rey that it was Finn's idea to rescue her. The surprise that he cared so much about her and the hug that followed.

I love all the fan art on tumblr. This one is so cute:

Old 02-01-2016, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Right! I thought they might do that too! Agree, I'm glad that he was the one who was able to tell her.

That was a good moment.

I LOVED that moment! The look on her face, the hug it was just so beautiful!

That's so adorable! Wearing Rey's glasses (?) and giving the thumps up like Finn did with BB-8.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Have you read the novelization? This is the scene with their reunion:

Quote:
Running to Finn, she threw herself into his arms. Neither could hug the other hard enough or long enough. The embracing pair finally separated, if only to look into each other’s eyes.

“Are you all right?” a relieved Finn asked. “What happened?” His voice darkened. “Did he hurt you?”

“Never mind me,” she said. “What are you doing here?”

He smiled softly. “We came back for you.”

She tried to find something to say to that, something worthy of the sentiment and the risk they had undertaken. She failed miserably. Chewie, however, had something of his own to add. Whatever the Wookiee had uttered caused tears to well up in her eyes. Having never found himself in such a position before, Finn was unsure how to respond. Knowing well her inner toughness, he wondered what Chewbacca had said that could have inspired such a reaction.

“What’d he say?” She sniffed and wiped at her face. “That it was your idea.” If he had been unable to find the right words with which to respond before, her reply, combined with the look she gave him, reduced him to a state of temporary aphasia.

It was all very sweet and charming, Han mused as he observed the happy reunion. If only he could forget that they were stuck on a hostile world, in a First Order base, amid squads of roving stormtroopers who were inclined to shoot on sight.

“We’ll have a party later,” he finally told them. “I’ll bring the cake. Right now, let’s get outta here.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No, I haven't. oh my gosh I love that! Thank for bringing that over here!
Old 02-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

If you'll get the chance to read it, go for it, it's a great addition to the movie. I haven't finished the novel yet but their scenes are so great. And it also proves more that they are meant to be and that there scenes were clearly meant to be interpreted as romantic or at least an introduction to a future romance. I mean, this doesn't sound like a description of a platonic relationship:

Quote:
Neither could hug the other hard enough or long enough. The embracing pair finally separated, if only to look into each other’s eyes.

Old 02-01-2016, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I want to read it along with all the cannon books, but it's a bit hard to keep up. lol I need to find a site that has a list of it all. Completely agree with what you wrote it comes off like a relationship that will become/is becoming romantic. That quote!
Old 02-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

When I watched the movie on Sunday their scenes seemed even more romantic to me. It's obviously not love (yet) but their bond was so obvious and they admired each other so much. Their connection is undeniable and they complete each other in so many ways.

Speaking of which I wonder if they even really know what love means considering their upbringings. Rey might havesome kind of understanding because she spend the first years of her childhood with her family but Finn doesn't remember anything about his past and was raised in an environment ruled by fear and threats.

Last edited by Karma Police; 02-02-2016 at 01:46 PM
Old 02-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
When I watched the movie on Sunday their scenes seemed even more romantic to me. It's obviously not love (yet) but their bond was so obvious and they admired each other so much. Their connection is undeniable and they complete each other in so many ways.

Speaking of which I wonder if they even really know what love means considering their upbringings. Rey might havesome kind of understanding because she spend the first years of her childhood with her family but Finn doesn't remember anything about his past and was raised in an environment ruled by fear and threats.
110% agree!

Good question. I wonder about that too. From the looks of the photo of Finn he was young, but maybe not to young to not remember his parents unless they somehow made him forget with the brainwashing. Was that the indication in the film? I can't recall. I agree they haven't had the upbringing that maybe others might not have had and therefore never was really taught about love. It does show what wonderful people they are that they still came out as such kind and compassion human beings.
Reply   Post New Thread