Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Remington/Laura (RS): Falling in love while solving cases.

Hey guys! Welcome to the Remington Steele/Laura Holt from Remington Steele Appreciation Thread!

Remington/Laura Shippers:
1. goodbreakingbad (Anji)
2. Louisiana
3. lytab5
4. MelBelle2

Reasons Why We Love Remington/Laura:
Because who wouldn't love for a tall, dark, and handsome man (you made up), to actually appear?
Because for the first time in his life, he found a reason to stay in one place.
Because she was tempted by him.
Because they own the romance.

Remington/Laura Soundtrack:
At the Beginning-Richard Marx and Donna Lewis
Broken Road-Rascal Flatts
Feels Like Home-Chantal Kreviazuk
I'll Stand By You-The Pretenders
You and Me-Lifehouse
Listen to Your Heart-DHT
Collide-Howie Day
Everything-Lifehouse
Run-Snow Patrol
Chasing Cars-Snow Patrol

Previous Threads:

Future Title Suggestions:

*If you would like to be added to the Remington/Laura shipper's list, just ask or PM the thread starter.*

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 01-23-2013 at 08:47 AM
goodbreakingbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi there Please add me. I really love this couple. It's one of my absolute favorite. Their chemistry was awesome. I still love watching the show.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome, added. I thought I was going to be the only one in here, lol.

I'm working my way through S1 now, and loving it! They are so romantic, I can't get over it.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCkLeS4dAwSoN (View Post)
Welcome, added. I thought I was going to be the only one in here, lol.
Yeah, too bad that the show isn’t that popular anymore. Thanks for adding me.

Quote:
I'm working my way through S1 now, and loving it! They are so romantic, I can't get over it.
Tell me about it! Are you watching the show for the first time?

Season 1 is my favorite, but season 2 is great too. Lots and lots of kissing.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anytime, about adding you.

Yeah, it's not even in syndication anywhere, is it? I've had the DVDs for awhile, but just recently got around to actually watching them - I'm like that with a lot of DVDs. I'm officially hooked though, I'm in LOVE with Remington Steele, it's not even funny! I didn't think I'd like it nearly as much as I do (to be honest), but it's become my latest obsession.

I heard S2 had lots and lots of Remington/Laura kisses....so yes, I'm definitely looking forward to those. I know about the cast changes, apart of what I like so much about S1 is Murphy....I really like his relationship with Remington, and his crush on Laura is sweet, though I'm all about the R/S lovin'. I also like that woman (I forget her first name, atm), that Remington always gets her last name wrong. But since they're not in the rest of the seasons, I'm not sure how I'll take to that. I hope I like Doris Roberts' character.

I think Remington and Laura have to be one of the most romantic couples ever! And romance owns me, so hence why I'm officially taken by them.

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 08-25-2008 at 06:18 PM
Old 08-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Anytime, about adding you.

Yeah, it's not even in syndication anywhere, is it?
I don't know about america, because I live in Germany, but over here they aired the show two times in a row. But it was on a channel I don't have so I couldn't watch it. I'm so glad I imported the dvds.

Quote:
I heard S2 had lots and lots of Remington/Laura kisses....so yes, I'm definitely looking forward to those. I know about the cast changes, apart of what I like so much about S1 is Murphy....I really like his relationship with Remington, and his crush on Laura is sweet, though I'm all about the R/S lovin'. I also like that woman (I forget her first name, atm), that Remington always gets her last name wrong. But since they're not in the rest of the seasons, I'm not sure how I'll take to that. I hope I like Doris Roberts' character.
The woman you a reffering to was called Bernice Foxe. I always have to laugh when he gets her name wrong. I also love Murphy very much and missed him when he was gone, but Doris Roberts was a great addition. I really love her character and I hope you'll love it too. And by the way she's a shipper too.

Quote:
I think Remington and Laura have to be one of the most romantic couples ever! And romance owns me, so hence why I'm officially taken by them.
Yes, I never saw a tv couple more romantic then them. They have so many great moments throughout the show! The writers of that show really must have loved the fans.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh awesome, you live in Germany. I wished I lived in some exotic place....just the plain old States here, lol. Is the show even on DVD in your area, or can you only get it by imports......which obviously play on your DVD players, right?

Bernice Fox, that's it! And yeah, Remington's always calling her, Wolf. I really love those moments where Remi/Murphy work together, inspite of how they feel towards each other - cute moments. Awwww, Doris' character is a shipper too, well that's definitely a step in the right direction of me liking her character. Just what is she to them.....is she kinda what Bernice was in the office?

I love how just old-fashioned romance they are....like they could've stepped right out of a classice, black and white movie, they're that genuinely romantic. I love when a guy does the 'kisses a woman's hand' thing, and when I saw he did that in the first ep, that about killed me!

Okay, so you mentioned S1 was your favorite, but just our of curiosity, how would you rank S2-S5? I haven't been able to watch as many eps a day lately, since I've started classes, and have to try getting in a few on the weekends' when I have more time. But I'm really going to try finishing up S1 this weekend.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Oh awesome, you live in Germany. I wished I lived in some exotic place....just the plain old States here, lol. Is the show even on DVD in your area, or can you only get it by imports......which obviously play on your DVD players, right?
They don't usually play on our players because they have a different code, but you can change the code to codefree (you can play all kinds of dvds then) with many players and mine was one of them. So I imported the DVDs from the US, but I also downloaded the episodes in German.

Quote:
Bernice Fox, that's it! And yeah, Remington's always calling her, Wolf. I really love those moments where Remi/Murphy work together, inspite of how they feel towards each other - cute moments. Awwww, Doris' character is a shipper too, well that's definitely a step in the right direction of me liking her character. Just what is she to them.....is she kinda what Bernice was in the office?
Mostly yes, but sometimes she helps them to solve cases. The funny thing is that she thinks Remington is real and the boss. She doesn't really trust Laura with the work and that whole situation leads to some very funny scenes.

Quote:
I love how just old-fashioned romance they are....like they could've stepped right out of a classice, black and white movie, they're that genuinely romantic. I love when a guy does the 'kisses a woman's hand' thing, and when I saw he did that in the first ep, that about killed me!
That's such a cute scene! The romance is the best part, but I also love the humor and all the movie references.

Quote:
Okay, so you mentioned S1 was your favorite, but just our of curiosity, how would you rank S2-S5? I haven't been able to watch as many eps a day lately, since I've started classes, and have to try getting in a few on the weekends' when I have more time. But I'm really going to try finishing up S1 this weekend.
Season 2 is my second favorite season. It has many kisses, great lines and many of my favorite episodes are in season 2. Season 4 is in third place. It also has many great episodes (especially the one where Laura and Remington play a married couple ). Then comes Season 3. It's not as good as the other ones, because they toned down the romance part a bit. And Season 5 was a huge disappointment for me. There's a new character and he's just awful IMO.

Can't wait to hear what you think of the other seasons when you're finished watching.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh okay, I always wondered if you could change the format (as it were) of a DVD to get it to play on a certain player, since I knew about the different regions and such. That's cool you were able to do that.

What is Doris Roberts' character's name? So, she believes Remington is actually Remington Steele...did Laura ever try telling her how he wasn't, and she didn't didn't believe her? That sounds so cute! You've gotten me more excited for her now, lol.

I love the great mixture of the romance and humor, as you mentioned. I just watched one where Laura was taking sculpting classes, and Remi got a call from her instructor, but mis-interpreted the situation and thought Laura had a thing going on with him. And then later he thought another woman had, and when Laura mentioned 'Lovers' as her art project (but of course he didn't know that's what she was referring to), he then thought she was getting it on with more than one guy......hilarious! He's so cute in moments like that, lol.

I wonder why they built up the romance in S2 just to tone it down a bit in S3. I heard about S5 being a major letdown. It sucks they seemed to cancel it, then bring it back for just a few episodes, only to cancel it again.

I can't wait to come in here and share more of my thoughts with you. I'm just glad there's at least one other person to express my R/L love with.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
What is Doris Roberts' character's name?
Her name is Mildred Krebs.

Quote:
So, she believes Remington is actually Remington Steele...did Laura ever try telling her how he wasn't, and she didn't didn't believe her? That sounds so cute! You've gotten me more excited for her now, lol.
I don't remember all the details, but I know that Laura wanted Remington to tell Mildred and when he did she didn't believe him.

Quote:
I just watched one where Laura was taking sculpting classes, and Remi got a call from her instructor, but mis-interpreted the situation and thought Laura had a thing going on with him. And then later he thought another woman had, and when Laura mentioned 'Lovers' as her art project (but of course he didn't know that's what she was referring to), he then thought she was getting it on with more than one guy......hilarious! He's so cute in moments like that, lol.
That's one of my fave episode! I love the part in the limo when Bernice calls and Remington acts as if his girlfriend calls him.

Quote:
I wonder why they built up the romance in S2 just to tone it down a bit in S3.
I wondered that too. Maybe they were worried to run out of ideas for romantic scenes or something.

Quote:
I can't wait to come in here and share more of my thoughts with you. I'm just glad there's at least one other person to express my R/L love with.
Ditto. It's hard to find RS fans today, so it's always good when it happens.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks. Her last name is cute, lol. It could've been Krabs/Crabs, not so cute.

That does sound cute. I'll try remembering that moment.

Yes, that part in the limo was adorable! Remi is so friggin' cute/hot I can't get over it! I'm seriously in love with him, he's my latest TV Boyfriend. I love when Laura gets fed up and goes 'Oh hell!' and kisses him.

Hmm...I guess that could've been the reason.

It is. I'm glad I've discovered the fandom. Better late than never, right?

Hopefully I'll get in a few eps this weekend! It sucks with my heavy homework/study load, I barely get to watch it anymore, it seems. And I'd just started.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yes, that part in the limo was adorable! Remi is so friggin' cute/hot I can't get over it! I'm seriously in love with him, he's my latest TV Boyfriend. I love when Laura gets fed up and goes 'Oh hell!' and kisses him.
Yeah that's great. Especially because most of the time he's the one kissing her first, so it's always nice to see when it's the other way around.

Quote:
It is. I'm glad I've discovered the fandom. Better late than never, right?
Absolutely true! I discovered the show in 2005, so I was also pretty late, but it's so worth it! I also think that the show is pretty timeless, because it's not to over-the-top 80's style with the hair and whatnot.

Quote:
Hopefully I'll get in a few eps this weekend! It sucks with my heavy homework/study load, I barely get to watch it anymore, it seems. And I'd just started.
That's too bad. I hope you can watch a few eps. There are some great ones coming up.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Awww, that is a nice change. I haven't seen many of their kissses yet, but I'm getting there.

I've noticed, it is very timeless. I love the feel it has to it, without being 'out-there' (as you mentioned with the 80's fashion and such), it can fit in pretty much any time, minus the obvious romance, since most things steer more towards the sex these days.

Oh, tomorrow, I definitely plan on watching a few more eps, if not tonight. I'm hoping to finish S1 this weekend, so we'll see.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Passionate Fan

Can't wait what you think of the last episodes of season 1. There are so many great ones. Especially Vintage Steele where Laura's ex-boyfriend shows up. That's one of my favorite episodes. It's very funny and romantic.

By the way: I love that every episode has the word Steele in the title. I think that's very original.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ohhhhh, her ex shows up, huh, that does sound interesting.

So, after I get more reading/studying out of the way, I'll pop in a few more eps tonight....I will. I have to keep telling myself that now, since I'm so boggled down with school work, lol.

I also find that very unique. And how the word 'Steele' in each title is used is nice.

Out of the eps I've seen so far, as a whole, I especially like the one where it was kinda like the game of Clue.........when Laura and Murphy were invited to that estate for the weekend for a reunion, and the guy died, and they were all trying to figure out 'Whodunit', that was good. And I really liked the ep where Remi went undercover as an insomiac and Laura a nurse in the hospital, with Paul Reiser from MAY in it, that's definitely a fave. Ohhhh, and the ep where Laura/Murphy and Remi were solving a case, separately, but it was actually the same case, but they didn't find out 'til they ran into each other later, that had some hilarious moments.
Reply   Post New Thread