Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cordy/Angel and Phoebe/Cole broke my shipping heart big time.

I wish that they never brought him back for Season 5 and we got the sad ending of Season 4 as closure. At least Phoebe still loved him and they still wanted to be together.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Total Fan

I think it's fair to say we just about all feel the same about season 5. They should have found a better way to write the Cole character out.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah.

I hated that they blamed Cole for all the things he did as the source. It's not like he had control of himself then.

I've had good and bad luck with my ships but I think what was done to PC is the worst.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Total Fan

It was such bs that they blamed him for that.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Phoebe loved Cole, her sister's disapproval of them really pissed me off, especially Paige, it's called keep your nose out of your sister's love life please and thank you. What I don't seem to understand, Cole was willing to give someone else the throne of the source so he can be with Phoebe! Yet no one even seems to bring that up! Their love was epic and I'm sorry but I'll never believe Phoebe stopped loving Cole,a love that strong doesnt vanish into thin air, I think she wouldn't allow herself to show her love for Cole because he would of taken advantage of that. I just hate the writers for ruining them, they werent a real end to this couple at all
Old 12-23-2011, 02:32 AM
New Fan

Season 5 was disappointing and if it wasn't for Julian McMahon's desire to leave Charmed for Nip/Tuck, we would have the happy Phole ending we all wanted and 3 more seasons of Phole awesomeness. Maybe more!

I just wish Phoebe hadn't given up on Cole like she did in the episode "The Importance of Being Phoebe". What she said to him at the basement was so mean. So mean and heartbreaking. Cole's face said it all. I was so at her. The writers could have written their ending better.

Then, in "Centennial Charmed", Julian's last episode as a regular, was a bit disappointing too. I'd prefer him returning to the past. I really wanted and needed some happy moments between Phoebe and Cole and instead of that, what did we get? More Phoebe hating on poor Cole, who did everything for her. Plus, it wasn't Phoebe-Phoebe. It was Phoebe in an alternate reality. What was that about?

It's a good thing that Cole came back in season 7 and we saw that despite everything, of course he still cared and loved her. What was disappointing about that was the fact that all Cole's scenes were with... Piper. Say whaaaat? Are you kidding me? We were so excited for Cole's return and they didn't even try to make things right between Phoebe and Cole. Such a huge disappointment.

Not to mention the whole baby story. The baby was not Phoebe and Cole's? That's BS. It so was and when he died with the Seer, they didn't even mention it again on the show. I wanted scenes with Phoebe and Cole mourning their loss.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

I dont blame Julian because ive read years ago before he decide to leave he talked with the writers and they didnt had anything different stored for Cole all the same being evil and blah blah they even had in mind and writed paige/cole/phoebe triangle early s5 and they dropped it. ive read it and its in the second episode when Phoebe turns to mermaid .

I think the destroy character was when he lost his mind and he tried to kill himself and get Phoebe with mummy guy by killing Paige. SO OVER THE LINE!!

The whole source thing was confusing because i got the impression it wasnt HIM it was the weak him half self giving in {check the nightmare before he accepts the source with future phoebe coming back } and he wasnt REALLY HIM in ways but after that they made it look like it was HIS BIG PLAN .

He gave up to his demon self decide to be good for Phoebe saved her and her sister by taking the source in s4 finale and he was killed for it and not only that he comes back takes gazillion powers and everything is worst since Phoebe doesnt like him and keeps pushing him away .

I think in a point in the siren song Phoebe was ready to go back with him .

I think the writers didnt really wanted cole to be good completely . What i never understood why they didnt give us a nice and closure worthy scene in s7 .

I will always love these two. Despite the ending we got.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:21 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruedens_!! (View Post)
I dont blame Julian because ive read years ago before he decide to leave he talked with the writers and they didnt had anything different stored for Cole all the same being evil and blah blah they even had in mind and writed paige/cole/phoebe triangle early s5 and they dropped it. ive read it and its in the second episode when Phoebe turns to mermaid .

I think the destroy character was when he lost his mind and he tried to kill himself and get Phoebe with mummy guy by killing Paige. SO OVER THE LINE!!

The whole source thing was confusing because i got the impression it wasnt HIM it was the weak him half self giving in {check the nightmare before he accepts the source with future phoebe coming back } and he wasnt REALLY HIM in ways but after that they made it look like it was HIS BIG PLAN .

He gave up to his demon self decide to be good for Phoebe saved her and her sister by taking the source in s4 finale and he was killed for it and not only that he comes back takes gazillion powers and everything is worst since Phoebe doesnt like him and keeps pushing him away .

I think in a point in the siren song Phoebe was ready to go back with him .

I think the writers didnt really wanted cole to be good completely . What i never understood why they didnt give us a nice and closure worthy scene in s7 .

I will always love these two. Despite the ending we got.

She was thinking of returning to cole in siren's song but paige was like you've been through this before and the whole time i'm like SHUT the ***** up, its none of your business! I really hated paige in that storyline!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Fan

not to mention the ending in that ep another slap in the face. I liked Paige as a character after cole time before she was irritaded writing wise because they wanted someone to be in the middle ...and it was shame.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Yeah.

I hated that they blamed Cole for all the things he did as the source. It's not like he had control of himself then.
I hated that as well and the thing that hurt me about that storyline is that when Cole was the source, his love for Phoebe was still the most powerful thing in him, he even was happy when he learned he was going to be a father. His love for Phoebe was just huge. It's a moment I dislike from Season 4 that no one seemed to bring up...when Cole said he'll give up all his powers and he's give the powers to the Wizard but Phoebe stopped him and that's when she joined him ....so yeah that disappointed me cause he was going to give up the powers if he couldn't have her and he was the Source of all Evil..so yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)

I wish that they never brought him back for Season 5 and we got the sad ending of Season 4 as closure. At least Phoebe still loved him and they still wanted to be together.
I agree with you, if they was going to write him off like that then they should have let him die in Season 4...the whole thing is though..as you can tell by Season 4 is even after the source died, Cole still loved him with all her heart but in Season 5 something changed...even the first two episodes of Season 5 where Phoebe says "I'll always love you but we're over"..or something like that....she still loved him so for me it's no way I can believe she just stopped loving him after that.

I really think if Julian didn't want to leave, the whole Phoebe/Cole love story would have been completely different.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

All good points.

I hate that everything was destroyed. She hated him in the end.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still didn't find that believable that she hated him in the end, the show really did realistically show her hatred and you can see she could care less about him but I couldn't realistically believe it if that makes sense, not after everything that's happened and everything they have went through.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

what i hate is the ep it was suppose to be called phoebe's closure the her old loved ones with coop. i mean really??? somehow i wanted more and expected even the last minute something to happen i guess i really shipped them hardcore since i kept watching when everything was off with the show anyways...

i dont think she hated him. "i guess it wasnt meant to be" her last words in his condo after they realize he is dead/ her look/ /i think they never got a proper closure to make justice to the love the writers wanted us to have faith in s4. i mean everytime i rewatch s4 i cant gasp the last eps. when you have nothing to write you ruin everything and you keep doing it.

at least they kept cole true to love her forever even dead and gone. when phoebe forgot about it and everytime she mentioned him it was bitter or bitter . i think ill stop with how the writers messed them up so bad..i might rewatch s3 soon...just for old times sake!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I guess if you bitter about something, there's a reason? I think somewhere deep inside she'll always love him but it was like the relationship that could never last. Phoebe loves kept him alive even when he was dead and it's good the fans can hold on to that. In Season 7 when he returned, the 150th episode even though Phoebe and Cole shared no scenes I loved the episodes one of my favorites and Cole love is still strongly there for Phoebe and Cole was Phoebe longest lasted relationship on Charmed.

It always does hurt to watching Season 3 & 4 knowing they don't end up together.

You're right though the words "I guess it wasn't meant to be" didn't sound like hate to me.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Graphics Team

Oh add me please!
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Closed Thread   Post New Thread