Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 PM
Moderator Manager

I think they were drunk when they did it. I don't know. Elizabeth might not have any strong feelings back then which is a far cry now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
Which is why I think their story fits in so well with the overall premise of the show ... there's never a moment where there's no tension, implied or otherwise, with the Soviet Union vs. United States thing, and it essentially FORCES both P/E to examine what matters most to them: their jobs or their family. For example, I loved the scene where Elizabeth says ILU to her daughter and when she wakes her up to pierce her ears. To me, that was about her being worried that if anything happened to them, she'll never get to do those sort of things with her children. And also Phillip watching his son sleep after another harrowing day at work. Those little touches are amazing. THIS SHOW.
So well said! What I love about this relationship is essentially it's all part of one of the greatest storylines on the show. Nothing feels to forced for me. I want them to work it out and at the same time I want them to do 'their job'. The problem is doing those two is quite complex (can easily be done actually but not in their case). I just don't want it to be a scenario wherein they have to choose between their kids and their job. I think that might be the last straw for them. I think them having kids was also part of "the plan".

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy (View Post)
The Martha storyline: I don't think it will change P/E that much, except Elizabeth might start become jealous. It's probably going to be more difficult to tell yourself that it's just part of the job.

But I don't think Phillip and Elizabeth are going to be all lovey-dovey when the show comes back. I think they will take baby steps with their new relationship and I do want to see the journey.

Is it wrong that I want to see a flashback to their first time? I bet it was 100 times more awkward than any Martha/Clark sex scene
I'd like to see more of jealous!Elizabeth TBH (as long as it's not overdone) ... we got a glimpse with Irina and I think it'll be interesting to see how Elizabeth reacts to Phillip if he starts spending more time with Martha. Though TBH Martha is pretty damn annoying to me so I can't imagine that she'll ever be jealous since it's not likely that Phillip would be attracted to her personality. At all. I'm so mean.

I don't think so either, I'd love to see them take those baby steps because this is wholly a new experience for them and they've never truly been in a REAL relationship with each other until now and I think it'll be so interesting to see them navigate that tricky road.

Nope, I want to see it too! LOL I'll bet it was either awkward/them being drunk as Lindsay speculated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
So well said! What I love about this relationship is essentially it's all part of one of the greatest storylines on the show. Nothing feels to forced for me. I want them to work it out and at the same time I want them to do 'their job'. The problem is doing those two is quite complex (can easily be done actually but not in their case). I just don't want it to be a scenario wherein they have to choose between their kids and their job. I think that might be the last straw for them. I think them having kids was also part of "the plan".
I agree SFM that it feels natural and not shoved down the viewers' throats like a LOT of shows out there. You just naturally root for these two to make it in the end and they make you so invested in their story. Dammit. There's just so many layers to their relationship and it's not black and white where you can box them in and say they behave in a certain way because they're motivated by various factors at different times. They can act emotionally but other times they're by the book and they just get the job done.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 07-15-2013 at 08:31 AM
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Moderator Manager

It's frustrating that they work for the KGB, the marriage was arranged, and now it's different because they're trying to make it work. I think they've both done so much for the KGB by following their orders and being so loyal. Btw, can someone refresh me what happened on the finale? My mind is a blank right now.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me, Sarah! I'm only up to episode 5 but I started shipping them by the end of episode 1 .
Old 07-16-2013, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Natasha ... I'll add you now. Hope you finish watching the season soon.

Lindsay, in a nutshell, P/E were on edge thinking that the meeting with the Colonel was a set up and Elizabeth was supposed to go but Phillip wanted her to stay with the kids if he got caught so he went instead. But it turned out that the meeting was real and the setup was the pickup of the recording in that Secretary of State's home office. Phillip figured it out and went to pick her up in the nick of time but Elizabeth got shot in the crossfire.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 07-16-2013 at 07:59 AM
Old 07-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Please add me! Didn't know there's a thread for these two

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Natasha Romanoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome new fans

I started shipping them from episode 1 as well The kitchen scene was what made me go "I think there's something here".

Laura|
Lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprezzatura (View Post)
Add me, Sarah! I'm only up to episode 5 but I started shipping them by the end of episode 1 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha Romanoff (View Post)
Welcome girls! Emmmmaaaaaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~-Sarah-~ (View Post)
Lindsay, in a nutshell, P/E were on edge thinking that the meeting with the Colonel was a set up and Elizabeth was supposed to go but Phillip wanted her to stay with the kids if he got caught so he went instead. But it turned out that the meeting was real and the setup was the pickup of the recording in that Secretary of State's home office. Phillip figured it out and went to pick her up in the nick of time but Elizabeth got shot in the crossfire.
Oh okay so it was the set-up episode. What was the ending? I know that it's not like a big cliffhanger but I can't remember the last few minutes of the ep.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha Romanoff (View Post)
Emma. Don't know if you remember me but glad to see you here. And yay for you also watching the show. Adding you now.

Quote:
Oh okay so it was the set-up episode. What was the ending? I know that it's not like a big cliffhanger but I can't remember the last few minutes of the ep.
The last few minutes was of Paige going back to the empty house to get her homework but then she went down to the basement area to check if Elizabeth was telling the truth about doing the laundry. And it looks like she was going to find something but all she found were folded clothes, just like what her mum said. Whew.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Moderator Manager

I thought that ep was the second to the last. It has been a while I've seen the S1 finale. You have to admire these two for being very good at what they do talking about KGB stuff in the house if the kids manage to not know anything yet. They know how to cover their tracks and I hope they keep it up. Which makes me think, what happens if the kids find out? I don't recall anything that the KGB will do to them if their kids find out?

Old 07-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still can't get over that neither Keri or Matthew didn't get Emmy noms.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Or a supporting actor nod for the brilliant Noah Emmerich.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Add me please. Love these two - didn't know there was a thread for them.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I thought that ep was the second to the last. It has been a while I've seen the S1 finale. You have to admire these two for being very good at what they do talking about KGB stuff in the house if the kids manage to not know anything yet. They know how to cover their tracks and I hope they keep it up. Which makes me think, what happens if the kids find out? I don't recall anything that the KGB will do to them if their kids find out?
No worries. I only remembered since I JUST watched it a few weeks back. I think it'll get a bit absurd in a few years that the kids still don't know ... unless they start being more covert and sneaky about it. I think they might kill their kids TBH. They had no problems killing that other spy's wife ... though I'd like to think they're not so cruel to kill kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprezzatura (View Post)
I still can't get over that neither Keri or Matthew didn't get Emmy noms.
Exactly. It's a travesty. Almost everyone on this show deserves noms TBH ... Keri, Matthew, Noah and Margo.

hlgreenie - Yay another fan. Welcome to the thread! I'll add you now.

the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for adding me.

Yeah I was really mad that neither got a nomination. I was really hoping they would get one cos they were amazing in the series.