Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2015, 07:12 PM
New Fan

Kevin is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safinsgirl (View Post)
tell me a lie - ... he is such a believable person that has flaws, makes mistakes, compromise and changes for the one he loves. ...... So I'm still #teamkevin all the way.
I am/was also team K/P the whole way. I think R is great, but P was just not into him and couldn't be convincing. After watching the show again over the last two weeks, I am not entirely convinced that Patrick is good enough for Kevin. It is too bad that K is really in love with him.

Throughout the show, K is sweet, supportive and honest with P, while P is judgmental, slightly dishonest and manipulative and only occasionally loving and kind to K. It is sad that K left a controlling man for an insecure, manipulative, and immature one.... We don't know much about K other than he has had a hard life. His mother left when he was probably in his early teens. K did not blame his mom for leaving because, as he puts it, "my dad was my dad". It sounds pretty bad. We don't know if he has other family and the place where he grew up sounds like a rough, poor neighborhood. Despite all, he became so successful he wrote and sold game programs while in his teens or early 20s, got a degree, and by his late 20's was able to get a high paying job in the US and a work visa. He sounds AWESOME! On both the personal and professional levels, he seems more mature and stable than all the other men in the show though he is probably P's age.

P's manipulative behavior is subtle and people are so focused on K cheating that it is easy to overlook what P does to K. One example is that they seem to agree to keep the affair secret. After a few weeks, P calls K and asks him to drive to the Russian River, which is 2 hours away from San Francisco! P knows that K will have a hard time explaining to J why he needs to go out in the middle of the night, but K gives in. Then, P tells D and A about the affair in clear violation of his promise to K. When P tells K that he has broken his promise, K just accepts it and doesn't give P a hard time....K actually ends up apologizing for asking P to keep their affair a secret!!!

We don't know what else P does during the affair, but after the relationship starts, K asks P for a "courtesy gap" before they let the world know they are together. After only 2 weeks, P decides to wear K's sweater to work to force the issue. When K pushes back, P acts like the courtesy gap thing was a joke. K gives in and then handles the uncomfortable situation that arises at work in a way that protects P. There are other similar situations but the worse is the whole living together thing. When P first gets to the apartment he acts like he is not comfortable or happy and does not want to be there. K is really sweet and comforting, but the whole thing starts off wrong. It makes no sense because K told P that he would wait until P was ready. Moreover, P is the one who manipulated K into asking him to move in while they were looking at mattresses.... It's like P just wants to create drama and does not know (or does not want to think) about what he really wants before asking for things.

Despite my negative review of P, I still think the relationship could work. P just has to redeem himself and give K a reason to stay. Both K and P made good points during their last argument. K offered to be the one to compromise, again, but in this situation it is the only thing to do. Obviously it is not as important for K to have freedom to have "little things" on the side as fidelity is for P.
EndofDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still team kevin too and we are getting a movie that i heard russell will be a part of so i am very happy about that.

but i just hope these two can end on good terms and i really hope that they don't initiate anything with richie/patrick (but i have a bad feeling they will)
Old 05-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am not caught up on this! Hope there isn't trouble in paradise though

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
falling slowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:23 PM
New Fan

movie

I doubt they would get RT in the movie just to brush his character aside (though he has been in movies where he does not end-up with his love interest...) But even if he and P break-up, Patrick-Richie would not work. They are both too emotional and, if the wedding episode is an example of how they deal with conflict and stress, they don't have a chance. P needs the cooler head that someone like K brings to the relationship.

Also, making P switch from K to R at this point, would destroy P's credibility. He has acted like a love-sick puppy ever since he met K. His relationship with R seemed more about trying to forget his desire for K. He did come to like and trust R and it seems he wanted to love him but never really could, which is why he ended-up cheating. P did try to keep the affair strictly sexual to protect himself (he refuses to talk about K's feelings for him at least twice, at the beginning of the affair and the day of the office party, when he intentionally hurts K by telling him that "at least no one got hurt" by their affair). The problem is that protecting himself became a habit and he has not been able to really trust K and their relationship or even to get to know K the way he should know the person he has moved in with.

In the last episode, it seems they went to bed out of exhaustion rather than because they had resolved things, but I think that P went to see R to say goodbye to his idealized view of the person he wished he wanted. The "I am ready" line could mean that he is finally ready to grow-up and take the risk of loving K honestly and completely. I really hope the movie finally shows P making an effort to get to know K (and allowing us to learn more about him too). I am damn curious about the teddy bear!!!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:14 PM
New Fan

Movie

p.s. I am also curious to learn who in K's life helped him to turn from the young tug ("angry young man whose mother had walled out") he describes himself as being to the charismatic, funny, loving, responsible, successful, sexy man we see in the show. It certainly wasn't his mother though he says that "they talk now", which means he has moved past the abandonment at least so far as to talk to her. It probably wasn't his father ("my dad was my dad" does not sound promising). His best friend Toby probably helped, but...maybe Toby's mom or a teacher or ?????.

Despite the fact that K does not believe in fidelity (who can blame him, really), he is well adjusted and never shows even a trace of the anger, lack of confidence or resentment that people with bad parents usually display. That really makes him stand out head and shoulders above the other guys in the show as far as maturity.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

try not to double post and just edit your previous ones, thats a rule here that the mods will call you on.

Quote:
Despite the fact that K does not believe in fidelity (who can blame him, really), he is well adjusted and never shows even a trace of the anger, lack of confidence or resentment that people with bad parents usually display.
i agree with you. thats why i love kevin so much. the first season i was a bit wary where they would take his character but they've made him a really genuine person and like you said, very mature.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
try not to double post and just edit your previous ones, thats a rule here that the mods will call you on. .
Thank you for the tip. This is my first time joining any type of forum and I am not familiar with the rules.

I wonder if anyone can answer the following question: How can people hate/judge Kevin for cheating but not have a problem with Patrick getting involved with Kevin?

I've always thought the "other man/woman" is considered not to have good values or moral character because his or her actions are in violation of the social compact that requires people in a moral society not to trespass on other peoples relationships. He or she is basically a "home-wrecker" or a thief, stealing the time, affection and attention that should belong to someone else.

So, was it me or did it seem that a lot of people judged K harshly while somehow justifying or overlooking P's actions?
Old 05-16-2015, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wonder if anyone can answer the following question: How can people hate/judge Kevin for cheating but not have a problem with Patrick getting involved with Kevin?
I'm not a K/P shipper (but I love all things Looking which is why I lurk ) so I won't answer your questions here.

But if you would like answers, this Looking thread might be better.

http://www.fanforum.com/f40/looking-.../#post73305174

I'll try to answer any questions from a non-k/p perspective if you'd like it. Just re-post your question.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Just saw the new promo for the movie and it looks horrible (in terms of Kevin & Patrick) I can't believe how screwed over Kevin gets in this show.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

i was glad that kevin was at least a part of it, i was not expecting that.

i knew that patrick would end with richie but i was hoping he was gonna end single, so i was of course disappointed but it was very obvious the writers were planning to go that way.

they screwed themselves though by spending so much time with patrick/kevin if they were just planning to go that route. it makes r/p look pretty non existent.

i loved the p/k scene in the movie though, i really did, i felt like they had really amazing chemistry still, and it was obvious kevin was still in love with patrick. and we got our last kiss.

in my head canon they work together again in the future and the feelings dont go away.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

^
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just rewatched all their scenes, it was so freaking cute!
Old 03-21-2021, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Omg they we're so freaking adorable together
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Simon Spier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread