Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2010, 07:42 AM
New Fan

Hi, I'm HermioneGio from Patrick/Grace LJ and related YouTube channel! I accepted ElizaSparrow invite to join here, hence... thanks, here I am! I no longer watch The Mentalist because, to be honest, I can't stand seeing Grace with Rigsby, besides I don't like Robin Tunney acting (but this is another story ). I will be more than happy to upload more 'shippy' P/G clips, but I don't think we'll see any. In any case, Rigsby and Van Pelt already are a pretty boring couple and let them get together so soon hasn't been a good idea, IMHO. They'll become even more boring, aside from the fact that in real life a woman like her would never like a man like him. I really hope, as you said, that TBTP will realize that P/G have a fantastic chemistry and will take a "CSI" Grissom/Sara route, but I'm not very positive. Anyway, I'm sure that if only Patrick wanted (but he's still too damaged and, probably, the problem with him is that he will always be) Grace will pick him over Rigsby immediately! I apologize for any grammatical mistake, but English is not my first language!
hermionegio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

Hi HermioneGio!
Sorry for my long absence over here (I had some exams ) but I'll add you at once! I'm happy to see a new shipper in here, I was starting to think maybe no one except Kiane and I had seen the potential P&G have

I understand why you're frustrated, when I see what will be happening in S2 for Patrick and for Grace it gets me mad too And truely, if I was Grace, pretty or not as she is, I would truely want to get with Patrick cause he's funny, and he would understand me most than anyone else. Plus the fact that I wouldn't want him to think he's always right and just because he says "You and Rigsby would make a great couple" doesn't mean it has to happen I think after he had said that she should have been more attracted to him instead of running directly into Rigsby's arm. I mean, except the fact that they're both shy they don't have anything in common, and Grace loves healthy food whereas Rigsby keeps eating anything...

I think your english is fine, english is not my first language either Where do you come from?
Nice having you here anyway

KyloRey
#FrankensteinMonsters, #FranessaObsessed, #NemilyForever
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
ElizaSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Patrick and Grace finally had a scene together. It was a brief scene, but still they were shown. They were at the police station and Patrick walked over to Grace's desk to consult with her. They were smiling at each other and being witty.

The name of the episode is: 18-5-4.
Kiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for that good news Kiane Is it an epi from S2? And are Grace and Rigsby still together? I'm so hoping that Grace and Patrick's friendship will truely get deeper and deeper. Well at least, I hope they'll still have scenes together in the future

KyloRey
Old 05-13-2010, 10:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes the episode is for season 2.
It looks like Rigsby and Grace broke up. I don't know if it's temporarily or not.
I hope it's for good. lol. And they keep them as friends only.

Grace and Patrick had another scene this week.
Patrick went with Grace to go investigate. I like when he said, "I'll go with VanPelt."
Then when Grace gave Detective Cho the details, Patrick intervened and called her "Gullible Grace" to Cho.
I love when he playfully teases her.
Kiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Haha, that's great as always It seems like the good Patrick/Grace scenes are coming back again!
I also hope Grace and Rigsby will only stay as friends because I don't think they match as lovers

Anyway, I hope there'll be more and more P/G scenes and thanks for your little reviews about it, I love it! I read that unfortunately the writers are still stuck with Jane/Lisbon, hope this will end up too some days...

PS: I have to come on the CM board some day, I'm watching S5 and I have some things to say about it

KyloRey
Old 09-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Loyal Fan

A thread probably long dead lol. But im so happy to see there are other Jane/Van-pelt shippers out there that I had to post especially after hearing Jane refer to her as 'The Queen of my Heart' lol
Jess
Imaginary_Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Oh!!!! A new fan Yeah!!! I thought this thread was dead too I can't believe there are so many shippers for Jane/Lisbon and almost no shippers for Patrick&Grace although they have an awesome chemistry! I think that if there were more shippers for them, they would have more scenes together somehow and we could let know our desire to have them together

When did Patrick call Grace the queen of his heart?
Would you like to be added?

KyloRey
Old 09-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Yay! I have someone to talk too I dont really 'get' the Jane/Lisbon ship, I love Jane and Lisbons interaction its a core part of a show but romanticly I just don't like them. It feels like because Lisbon has the most scenes with Jane where automaticly supposed to ship them. Main character syndrome maybe

Jane and Van-pelt have the best romantic chemistry on the IMO, they always seem to be flirting with each other , I hope they have more scenes together in the 3rd season, im not holding my breath but they did seem to have more scenes together in the latter half of season two so thats a good sign.

Patrick say's that to grace in 2x21, here's the full quote (Ive watched the scene so many times Im border line obsessed )

Patrick: Hey Grace
Grace: Hey
Patrick: Um, If I wanted to go away by the ocean, you know somewhere close. Kindof a resort type place thing...
Grace: Spa treatments?
Patrick: Yeah, Yeah that type of thing. Exactly, of yeah, thats what im talking about. Um, is there any places you would recommend?
Grace: Im kinda busy here Jane
Patrick: Well, couldnt you just look it up on your computer, it'll take you like ten seconds.
Grace: Why dont you do it yourself?
Patrick: I got you a nougat bar from the vending machine over there
*Grace smiles lightly*
Grace: Give me ten minutes
Patrick: You are the queen of my heart Grace
Grace: Ummhumm

Yes please add me! Grace and Patrick will always hold my heart. I'll toletrate Lisbon/Jane if it comes to that, because I love both characters, but Grace and Patrick will always hold my heart.
Jess

Last edited by Imaginary_Vanity; 09-06-2010 at 03:50 PM
Old 09-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

Is Jess your name? You can call me Eliza
And I know how you feel, I was so sad no one came on that board cause as you said I think Patrick and Grace have a real romantic chemistry, and thought they would have more shippers But it seems most of the people prefer the obvious choice I have a thing for non obvious choices though

And you're a lucky girl to tolerate Jane/Lisbon too, I think that if they had more chemistry and if Lisbon was a nicer boss I may like them too... But I don't like the way she acts with Grace, like when she told her to be nice

Anyway, I suppose this isn't the place to talk about that I think 2*21 is gonna be an awesome epi The quote whas it the final of S2??

Btw, do you know there's only 1 vid for P&G on youtube? I searched for others, but nope Wish I had some clips

And going to add you now hun I think Patrick&Grace will always hold my heart too From S1 their scenes are all amazing!

KyloRey
Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes im Jess

I think if the Mentalist had a board here (although sadly I dont think that's going to happen any time soon, maybe there will be some momentum when it returns) we'd see more Grace/Patrick fans, I tend to find it's mainly 'main' couples who have strong threads on the 'couples' forums.

I quite like the Grace/Teresa relationship, I think in a way she tries to protect her. Grace being the rookie and all. The interesting thing about Lisbon's character for me is her hard shell that slowly getting cracked away. I love all the characters so I can tolerate any couple, it's not a show where I simply watch for a couple (Unlike Gossip Girl for example ), but if Grace and Patrick did happen I might just explode!

1 video? That sucks. I like watching couples videos too, guess they dont have a big enough fanbase, they really are the AU couple of the show

2x21 is the 2nd last episode
Jess
Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

I still think that if there were more P&G shippers, or if more shippers showed up we would have more chance to have them

Haha, I certainly don't watch this show for the couples as I don't like either 'main' couples of it, Grace&Patrick is the only couple I would loove to see happening

Here's the video if you want to see it, it's awesome
YouTube - Patrick & Grace?

I'm so glad they have this awesome scene in the last epi And glad this thread is living again, thanks

KyloRey
Old 09-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Even if there is only 1 Grace/Patrick video is freaking awesome! Im quite satisfied with the FanFic that's out there too, there isnt much but what's out there is very well written

Im really hoping for a lot of scenes next season, from the start Patrick's liked Grace and Grace has always been intrigued by him. It would make sense if they explored there relationship outside of work. Hell I wish they'd explore everyones relationship outside of the workplace. I mean Grace and Wayne's relationship wasnt even seen outside of the unit

Since im using my batter up old laptop I have photo editing software once again so im gonna try and make some Patrick/Grace art to pretty this thread up, they deserve an awesome OP.

Do they have a fandom name? Pace? Gratrick? Javelt? Vane?

Im glad this thread is even here
Jess

Last edited by Imaginary_Vanity; 09-13-2010 at 11:18 AM
Old 09-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I know the vid is so beautiful!! Warms me up everytime I watch it
If I knew where to find P&G's clips, I could do a vid

I read 1 or 2 fics that were very good too! Have you read the coffee break one? This one is awesome, like so in character

I loved the first epi when Patrick told Grace she was interested in Wayne, and she didn't give a damn about it cause she prefered talking about him Patrick&Grace always have the best scenes. Just like the one where she talked about her wife and daughter, saying they might try to talk to him but he wouldn't hear. This was so awesome, and so sad. No other scene, about Patrick's past got me so sad She can really get the feelings out of him, just like he can out of her

I think Patrick&Grace's name is 'Jace'. Saw that somewhere, but we could also find another one

I'm glad you're here to make this thread live And yep, this thread needs pretty! I'll love whatever arts you do, I'm sure it'll be amazing
I'll try to do a moment banner for S1

KyloRey
Old 09-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Not sure if I have read the coffee break one, this is my favorite Fade to black. Im surprised by how many people manage to keep Patrick in character, that is not an easy task

The most interesting thing about Patrick and Grace to me is how intrigued they where with each other at the beginning. Patrick's used to people being intrigued by him, but Grace is the only one of the team who is open about it and who questions him on a personal level. Lisbon does to some degree but more often than not even her personal questionings of him have are work related. And Patricks seemed taken and interested in her from the start, which was interesting to see because Patrick is normally interested in situations not people.

Here are some Icons I quickly made up, there not all good but I thought i'd post them anyway.

Grr to Cho's hand! Couldnt make it work, I think i'll have to find or make a cap myself with Cho's hand down.

These two didnt really work either, I think Patrick might be too out of focus and the lightings too different.

These I quite like

Im gonna have to re-watch the series and note down all the P&G scene before I try to make a banner, the image gallery i found is so big
Jess
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top