Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2019, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by **bittersweet** (View Post)
There wasn't even a scene of them reuniting after he spent the summer with Joey until the episode of the rave which is insane to me. The episode where True Love goes down in the storm, not even then?! makes no sense. It's like they never knew each other.
Exactly. It definitely showed that most of the writing staff had completely changed by that point. They were acting as if P/Jo had been the main couple since the beginning and nothing came before that.

The writing for Pacey was bizarre in Season 4. People say that he was the best boyfriend in that season, but I thought he was way more convincing with Andie in Season 2. During Season 4, he's miserable and self-deprecating (causing him to have an angry meltdown at Prom).

Quote:
And, what makes me upset about Meredith leaving in S4 is that there were so many things they could have done...like when Pacey found out in 4X1 that he needed to make up those classes, it would have been a good storyline to have Andie tutor him and help him make them up OR even potentially explore an Andie/Dawson romance as a way to make Pacey/Joey kinda go

Really wish she hadn't left.
I had no faith in the writing once Season 4 began. When Pacey made that carefree comment on the boat, in fact I have the transcript of it -

What would we miss from the land of poorly scripted melodramas? Recycled plot lines, tiresome self-realizations.
Throw in the occasional downward spiral of a dear friend and a baby here and a death there and all you've got is some soul-sucking mind-numbing ennui.

Downward spiral of a dear friend? Is that the only way he can describe Andie at that point? Ugh It's so degrading. It's as if he's not allowed to say good things about Andie when he's with Joey.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Total Fan

ITA about S4. I feel like a whole bunch of new people came in and said "Well, Andie's gone." Maybe Meredith didn't quite get along with someone in particular because the way they just gave her character the boot but let Jack stay. She wasn't in the season finale that aired. (I feel like the deleted scene with Pacey/Andie in the finale gave an impression of potentially reconnecting because Pacey asks her how long she's staying and she says as long as I need to and he just looks at her in the way that he does and it ends there. I think that's why they cut it). She wasn't in the finale montage of everyone during the years, the very last scene. Just so odd.

I know Kevin definitely didn't like the way they did her character after he left because he loved that character and for good reason. Meredith & Josh played off each other so well.

In S4 Pacey is almost always down on himself, struggling with his insecurities, constantly under Dawson's shadow. When he was with Andie, it was easy in terms of how they were with each other. It was them and them only and there was no shadow of anyone else constantly lingering between them. When Andie came back for graduation, happiest he was all season really. "I'm so happy you're here right now." She was the only one he told that he graduated and I thought it was a nice way to kind of bring them back on that path of "she inspires me." But by that point, the damage was done.

I think it was here where I read that Josh and crew thought DC should/would end in S4 and that they initially had it with Pandie having dinner and D/Jo. Is that true?

Ugh.
**bittersweet** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
ITA about S4. I feel like a whole bunch of new people came in and said "Well, Andie's gone." Maybe Meredith didn't quite get along with someone in particular because the way they just gave her character the boot but let Jack stay. She wasn't in the season finale that aired. (I feel like the deleted scene with Pacey/Andie in the finale gave an impression of potentially reconnecting because Pacey asks her how long she's staying and she says as long as I need to and he just looks at her in the way that he does and it ends there. I think that's why they cut it). She wasn't in the finale montage of everyone during the years, the very last scene. Just so odd.
I always figured that Pacey/Andie were the original pick for endgame along with D/Jo and the deleted scene was part of that scenario. They probably deleted it when they changed their minds about D/Jo. From what I recall, it was half way through the filming process that the ending for Joey was changed.

Quote:
I know Kevin definitely didn't like the way they did her character after he left because he loved that character and for good reason. Meredith & Josh played off each other so well.
He has said many times that he wasn't very familiar with the events of S3+4 when he took the job of writing the series finale. That's probably why he allowed others to talk him into changing his mind.

Quote:
I think it was here where I read that Josh and crew thought DC should/would end in S4 and that they initially had it with Pandie having dinner and D/Jo. Is that true?
I do know that Season 4 was planned to be the end which makes sense with the D/Jo call back to the end of Season 1 with them kissing at the window. Therefore, that Pandie scenario would make sense.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-13-2019, 12:25 PM
Total Fan

I see what you're saying. That deleted Pandie scene in the finale DOES hint of an opening there and a reconnection.

HALFWAY THROUGH filming! Insanity.

Wish Kevin had stuck with his initial plan and how he wanted it. But, there's that easter egg in the finale that was aired. In Dawson's show, D/Jo end up together. So they leave that possibility.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Wish Kevin had stuck with his initial plan and how he wanted it. But, there's that easter egg in the finale that was aired. In Dawson's show, D/Jo end up together. So they leave that possibility.

I'm watching Indian Summer [S3] right now and they're really trying every angle to ruin Andie. She's suddenly going after that guy who Joey works for (Rob Logan) and getting all defensive when Joey tries to talk sense into her.

The writers just lost touch with how to write for Andie after Season 2.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Total Fan

Ugh. It's true. They destroyed her character and that was specifically to push she and Pacey apart. Then when P/Jo were a done deal, they slowly tried to bring it back but....
Old 01-14-2019, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Clear (View Post)
They had the best coupley intro ever - Pacey's blond highlights and posing as a Sheriff
yes, that was the time andie drove.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Ugh. It's true. They destroyed her character and that was specifically to push she and Pacey apart. Then when P/Jo were a done deal, they slowly tried to bring it back but....
This whole plot line with Rob Logan is driving me crazy

Secrets and Lies is so bad for Andie, the fact that she exaggerates the situation to make it sound like Rob sexually attacked her and it turns out it was a ploy to get Pacey back I mean, I adore that she's still in love with Pacey but the writers handled it all wrong.

The gross thing is that they used her mental illness as an excuse for her to do and say immoral things. That's quite offensive, really.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 01-14-2019, 11:46 AM
Total Fan

ITA. They could have done so many different things and handled it so many different ways.

I do like how angry Pacey was about it..."I will nail you to a cross."

In the scene where they kiss, Josh is so incredible with it. He's so in love and when Andie asks him if he's feeling what she is and he's like

Last edited by **bittersweet**; 01-14-2019 at 11:53 AM
Old 01-15-2019, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

he was so heartbroken when he lost andie.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:02 PM
Total Fan

Old 01-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The way he looks at her and his smile
Old 01-16-2019, 01:26 AM
Addicted Fan

They are so cute! I miss them so much.

"He makes me laugh."
Jake & Amy ♥

classictvfan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

I won’t say I hate these two they were cute but I’m more Team Pacey/Joey.

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
olicity4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Hi Kristen

I wasn't really a fan of the show after Pacey and Andie broke up. I know there were a lot of P/Jo fans out there, but it just felt like an entirely different show to me by that point plus, Joey was so back-and-forth on her feelings for Dawson that I couldn't take her seriously anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
he was so heartbroken when he lost andie.
He was Remember that scene where he's drunk and he drops the photo of him and Andie in the creek?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Reply   Post New Thread