Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jack and Kate just weren't compatible. On any level. I've liked 'opposite attract' couples before, but they have to compliment each other. Bring out something positive in the other person. I've never seen that with JK. Never. I've seen Kate cry, beg and apologize a million times to Jack for things a grown woman shouldn't apologize for. I've seen Jack yell at Kate, dismiss her feelings/thoughts/opinions, treat her as someone inferior to him. No bueno.

Skate, otoh, even as unstable and self-destructive as they were individually, had a mutual respect, understanding and trust in one another. There was always the underlying physical attraction, but they established a real bond and a real connection. And that grew into a genuine love that changed them for the better. It opened them up to loving other people, and most importantly, themselves. Kate and Sawyer wouldn't have been able to care about Aaron/Juliet the way they did if it weren't for their relationship. That was the foundation. That was the starting point. SK was always the better pairing. Always will be.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Ultimately, Jack treated Kate like she was something that needed to be fixed and that she should be ashamed for who she is. It was a really unbalanced relationship. Sawyer and Kate, on the other hand, accepted each other for who they were and realized that while they may have done bad things in their pasts, they weren't bad people. For them, there was actual love and respect in their relationship.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

Lots of posts.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

this thread is moving

me like

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Tati_SwanJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:42 AM
Elite Fan

The thing with Sawyer and Kate was that they actually cared about understanding each other and getting through each other's secrets and it just came out naturally. That was the reason why they accepted each other's flaws - they actually worked and cared to understand each other, first they didn't even realize why they care so much about each other but later I think they just realized they have feelings for each other. And they where there for each other through everything.

None of it was Jack and Kate. All we saw of Jate on island was a constant lying and mistrust. Kate never opened up to Jack and even lied to him, Jack never trusted Kate and made her feel worthless - something that he secretly felt about himself but instead of dealing with his own issues like a mature man he whined like a baby and emotionally abused Kate. Jate brought out the worst in each other and held both characters back, which led to a total degradation of Jack and in addition to him being worshipped by Damon for his flaws and whining and superiority complex it just looked awful.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
mary ksand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

credit

Jate talk
Old 07-31-2011, 03:05 AM
Passionate Fan

That moment where he sees Kate in the jungle

"I was close enough to touch her. If I wanted to, I could've stood right up and talked to her."

Oh my poor bb. It's not easy to sacrifice so much for the woman he loves at the stake of not seeing her ever again

SK is one of the sweetest, most hearbreaking love stories I've ever seen
Old 07-31-2011, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

That moment was heartbreaking.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh my poor bb. It's not easy to sacrifice so much for the woman he loves at the stake of not seeing her ever again

SK is one of the sweetest, most hearbreaking love stories I've ever seen
OMG so much word Sawyer brought that sacrifice for her, because he loved her so much. And Kate always remembered about it, she could never forget what he did to her and how they loved each other The truth is that they where always together even when they where apart.

Sorry for Jate talk Pelin Sometimes everyone just needs a good laugh and Jate is perfect for it.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Close your eyes, Freckles.

Quote:
The truth is that they where always together even when they where apart.
This. The love, the connection, the longing, it's always there.
Old 07-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
OMG so much word Sawyer brought that sacrifice for her, because he loved her so much. And Kate always remembered about it, she could never forget what he did to her and how they loved each other The truth is that they where always together even when they where apart.
And that's something that always stayed true. There's no forgetting it, I don't care what Damon says or does.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished catching up with TVD. Jenna.

Quote:
The truth is that they where always together even when they where apart.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

SK love and connection was always there and it was something that even Jack couldn't ignore, nor in life neither in afterlife

Aww, Jenna I loved her so much Poor Elena.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

That art is flawless. Look at those scenes. NO OTHER PAIRING GOT THOSE. I don't give a sht how Lost ended. I wouldn't trade any of their moments for a dumbed down, cop out finale. When you look back on the show, it's Sawyer and Kate that stands out.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Jenna.

I love that cap.